Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casey Deidrick Interview
Topic Started: Mar 15 2013, 12:46 PM (2,124 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Interview with Casey Deidrick of ĎDays of our Livesí
By Sari N. Kent, 3/15/2013

Casey Deidrick is a newcomer to the soap world, but since his debut in 2009 as Chad DiMera, yet another child of ďThe PhoenixĒ Stefano DiMera, on Days of our Lives, heís been the hottest ticket in Salem.

A California native, Deidrick is an avid skateboarder and even participated in the 2004 Vans World Amateur Competition at the age of 17. But, a head injury in 2004 caused him to take a break from the sport to follow his other interests. After graduating high school in 2005, Deidrick attended Metropolitan State College in Denver where he studied Psychology and Theatre Arts for one year. It was during this time that Deidrick decided to pursue a career in Hollywood.

Aside from Days, Deidrick has had guest spots on The CWís 90210 and the ABC medical dramedy Body of Proof. TheCelebrityCafe.comís Sari N. Kent got the chance to talk to Deidrick about being on the long-running daytime drama, his other projects and whatís ahead for Chad in Salem.

SNK:[ Whatís it like playing Chad DiMera on Days of our Lives?

CD: Iím actually having the most fun Iíve ever had with a character. Itís a chance to kinda be someone Iím not in real life and a chance to play myself as well. Basically, Iím just haviní a lot of fun and thatís all I can really ask for in this role.

SNK: Youíve been on Days since 2009, have you gotten close with any cast members? I know you work closely with James Scott [who plays EJ, Chadís half-brother] and Joseph Mascolo [who plays Stefano, Chadís biological father.]

CD: James Scott definitely and Kate Mansi [who plays Abigail Deveraux.] We pretty much hang out every other day.

SNK: Your bio says that youíre an exceptional skateboarder, but had to take a break from it due to a head injury in 2004. Do you plan on taking it up again?

CD: I still skateboard when Iíve got some free time. I go to the skate park and skate around. Iím not doing it as competitively or as hard as I was prior to being on the show.

SNK: What made you decide to study Theatre Arts when you attended Metropolitan State College in Denver?

CD: I always had a curiosity and thatís what led me to take that class. Iím glad I did.

SNK: Aside from Days, youíve done a few guest spots on shows like The CWís 90210 and the Disney Channelís teen sitcom Wizards of Waverly Place. What were those experiences like?

CD: You get to meet new people. You get to see how different people work. Youíre playing different characters. Itís such a win-win situation. I just recently did a guest spot on the NBC show Revolution, which was amazing. I had the best time, they flew me out to North Carolina and I had the best couple of days of shooting. Itís really great to expand your horizons with taking in new roles.

SNK: Your bio also says that youíre the lead vocalist in a heavy metal band called A Dreadful Fall, thatís performed in local clubs around Southern California. How did you become interested in music?

CD: Iím actually in a new band with Chandler Massey [who plays Will Horton on Days]. Itís another kind of electronica band and weíre called Calling All Capulets. Iíve always been into metal music, playing and listening to it. Iíve been doing it for a long time, since high school. Weíre actually trying to make something of this band.

SNK: Can you give me any tidbits in whatís in store for Chad on the show?

CD: Well, Iím not sure what Iím allowed to say. I do know that heís still trying to pursue Abigail and thereís this huge roadblock with what Chad did at the wedding and Chandler [Will] being in the picture as well. Thereís also this whole thing going on with EJ and Stefano that Chad is kept in the dark about right now. Basically, Chad is trying to pick up the pieces after what happened with the wedding.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2013/03/interview-casey-deidrick-days-our-lives

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

So basically, he doesn't really have a storyline. Not that I'm complaining. Casey seems charming, but Days has done nothing to give me any kind of desire to see more of Chad. He comes across as dull and that really hasn't changed since he came on.

Lil
Member Avatar

Way to really use the younger crowd DAYS lol I am no CD fan, but Chad, Abby, and Cameron are all just kinda hanging around doing nothing. They should have just gone with CHILL when they had the chance. I find Chad at his most tolerable when he's making unintentional googly eyes at Will lol

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

They need to give Chad something to do besides work at the coffeehouse. :shame:

cord08

I'll be surprised if he re-signs with Days. He hasn't had a real story in some time, and he's starting to book more primetime spots. Time will tell.

concerned
Member Avatar

Chacole

six
Member Avatar

I'd watch that.

concerned
Member Avatar

I'm a sucker for a good dance scene.
And a Casey Deidrick / Ari Zucker dance scene would be 89 shades of awesome.

And if we are to believe what's being shown at the moment nothing piques a Horton princess's interest in a guy more than a potential harlot who may lead them astray.
Edited by concerned, Mar 20 2013, 09:19 PM.

specialcases
Member Avatar

hmmmm....http://www.myspace.com/callingallcapulets

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Ugh. When they first brought Chad on they brought him in as a foil for Will and Mia, which was fine because I don't think they intended on keeping him around for that long. When they decided to make him a Dimera, he became more interesting for a quick minute until they dropped that storyline. Now that he's one of the only two straight males who aren't related to Abigail in that age group, I think they have to keep him around just in case. Good for him though. I never thought he'd be around this long.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Love the interview!

Sounds to me has has more fun now in Salem than before (when he was in Orlando & giving another interview). I just want more Chad onscreen :wub: Love that he's so close to Kate, makes my Chabby heart happy, lol.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I like Casey but Chad is so boring. It's a shame. He isn't terrible. I'm glad he's booking other gigs.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

You know, it almost makes me WANT Shawn, Belle, Mimi, Cassie, and Rex back. Almost. Philip I want back only if JKJ is playing him, and NO to MM being Belle. At least in the late 90's, early 2000's they USED the younger cast.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply