Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Spoiler Pics week of March 18th
Topic Started: Mar 15 2013, 05:26 PM (3,055 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 18 2013, 04:34 PM
NO one likes this pairing...NO ONE...we can all see there is no chemistry...NONE!
I disagree. The chemistry between Reeves and Christian is there. Has been since day one. It's the writing that makes it hard to support the pairing. Reeves and Christian can't sell it all the way if the writing isn't there.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 18 2013, 09:55 PM
Mitchapalooza
NO one likes this pairing...NO ONE...we can all see there is no chemistry...NONE!
I disagree. The chemistry between Reeves and Christian is there. Has been since day one. It's the writing that makes it hard to support the pairing. Reeves and Christian can't sell it all the way if the writing isn't there.
I agree about the writing but disagree about any chemistry between SC and MR. I know chemistry is subjective to each viewer, but I don't think SC has it with anyone really. The only time I saw any spark between him and anyone was with NB during Danloe 1.0. However, I couldn't get past the sleaze factor to really root for them. The problem for me is and has always been SC's "acting" opposite everyone. The majority of the time, he stands there with a blank look on his face and doesn't emote anything whatsoever. Except for some of his scenes with the little one playing Parker, he shows a little more personality.

lysie
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Mar 19 2013, 10:31 AM
DrewHamilton
Mitchapalooza
I agree about the writing but disagree about any chemistry between SC and MR. I know chemistry is subjective to each viewer, but I don't think SC has it with anyone really. The only time I saw any spark between him and anyone was with NB during Danloe 1.0. However, I couldn't get past the sleaze factor to really root for them. The problem for me is and has always been SC's "acting" opposite everyone. The majority of the time, he stands there with a blank look on his face and doesn't emote anything whatsoever. Except for some of his scenes with the little one playing Parker, he shows a little more personality.
I think they have kind of a cutesy chemistry. The writing for them has been so contrived from the beginning though. I actually think they'd have worked okay if they'd have stopped screaming over the their heads "LOOK HOW CUTE WE ARE!" Of course the second Jack set foot back in Salem any chemistry they ever had was so quickly blown away by the chemistry with MA and MR that it really doesn't stand a chance now, IMO.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:43 AM
JDeveraux_91
DrewHamilton
Mitchapalooza
I think they have kind of a cutesy chemistry. The writing for them has been so contrived from the beginning though. I actually think they'd have worked okay if they'd have stopped screaming over the their heads "LOOK HOW CUTE WE ARE!" Of course the second Jack set foot back in Salem any chemistry they ever had was so quickly blown away by the chemistry with MA and MR that it really doesn't stand a chance now, IMO.
Exactly THIS.

annie21

Agreed. Actually, Jack had more chemistry with Daniel in their brief interactions than Jennifer has had with Daniel. Dannifer are too two-dimensional and shallow -- and spend too much time admiring each other on their respective pedestals -- to have any kind of real spark or heat between them.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:43 AM
JDeveraux_91
DrewHamilton
Mitchapalooza
Contrived is the key word. The writers never gave them a real story or any substance, instead they slapped them together and had them telling each other how wonderful each other is over and over, then suddenly they were "in love" and we're all supposed to love them and root for them. The fact that they have to constantly bring in a third party to make them interesting shows what a boring bust of a couple they are. Without someone causing them issues, all they would do is sit around and stare at each other say: "You are awesome and perfect. No, YOU are awesome and perfect." etc. etc. That's not entertaining. I really think that they should have made Daniel Jonas a sleazy player and not tried the good guy crap with him. Now that could have worked.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

annie21
Mar 19 2013, 12:01 PM
Agreed. Actually, Jack had more chemistry with Daniel in their brief interactions than Jennifer has had with Daniel. Dannifer are too two-dimensional and shallow -- and spend too much time admiring each other on their respective pedestals -- to have any kind of real spark or heat between them.
LOL, at one point I thought that Dan and Jack should have became buddies and gone out trolling for women together. That would have served Jen right for ping ponging back and forth between them.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

I won't beat a dead horse (or in this case, monkey). Fetch sucks. To me it almost looks like she is trying to sell it and he is a) a monumentally shitty actor or b) is a monumentally shitty actor who is grossed out by her homophobia and bad hair. But I digress, I just want that black leather jacket Nicole is wearing.

am103
Member Avatar

In 2011, I feel like Jennifer and Daniel had chemistry, and I actually didn't mind them. But maybe it's because I knew in the back of my mind that Jack would return someday, I didn't take the pairing seriously. When Jack came back, it was like, "Dannifer who?". And now with the shameless way Jack was killed off and nearly forgotten about, I will never buy Jennifer and Daniel as a believable couple. The writing just is not there.

trojangal
Member Avatar

I don't see any chemistry with Fetch but for me It is because MR doesn't come across as sexy heck a didn't see any chem between MR & MA this time around even though they had it in spades years ago.
I thought SC had some chemistry with NB , LK & AZ

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Just get dannifer off my screen. Five days a week of them is pure punishment. TPTB are force-feeding them because they want them to be a big couple. Sorry corday. This boring twosome doesn`t work for me. Not saying they don`t have support, but it hasn`t been so overwhelming that they deserve so much focus. Enough dannifer.

bomber
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mitchapalooza
Ericole, Bristen, Ejami, Wilson, Rate and even Nabi have the same writers and the audience buy them.

First time around i wasn't vocal because I assumed Dan was just angst for when Jack came back. It was only when I realised that Danifer were suposed to be endgame that I got angry and of course firing MA to make it happen is salt in the wound.
I think there was some scenes that showed MR and MA still had chemistry (much more than SC/MR). One was on a park bench where they were discussing Abby. They were laughing really naturally together and there was some great eye contact. But to be honest there was no chance to gauge how much chemistry J & J had because nearly all their scenes consisted of Jen berating Jack or Jack watching her gazing at Dan. Their reunion scene was probably the lamest reunion ever in soap history and they were quickly ushered off-screen.

The couple of Fetch scenes I've watched this time around appear awkward and there is a real lack of warmth in MR's face. Her eyes always have this pained expression that I can't stand and SC looks like he's just killing time waiting for someone else to make the first move.
Edited by bomber, Mar 21 2013, 04:26 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DrewHamilton
Mitchapalooza
:facepalm: :facepalm:
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 25 2013, 10:50 AM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

The main reason Fetch annoys me and makes me want them split up is the way Jack was thrown under the bus last year to prop them (to add insult to injury was literally given "the shaft" during Daysaster). It was almost as if MarDar wanted us to seriously believe Dannifer were on the same level as J&J---oh, honestly, I don't know what they were trying to sell, but I wasn't buying it. Another is how Dannifer has directly led to the destruction of the once-beloved character of Jennifer Rose. I don't recognize her anymore.

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

Deleted, wrong thread.
Edited by Dazefan4now, Mar 25 2013, 12:37 PM.

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

Deleted, wrong thread.
Edited by Dazefan4now, Mar 25 2013, 12:37 PM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I am glad I am not the only one hating Daniel and Jennifer... so contrive and boring if you ask me. Wish they had done something else than bringing in Chloe as "angst",.. instead they ruined a perfectly good character even further, took Philip his son away. :/

They should have gone with EJ making up some grand revenge on Jennifer instead,... like romancing her daughter away from her. Abby! That would have been so much more interesting.. having Abby really actually falling for him. and perhaps EJ starting to feel something for her. Having Sami realize on her own terms that she does has feelings for EJ..and tries to nestle her way into EJs heart again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply