Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eric Martsolf on Brady's rocky relationships.
Topic Started: Mar 15 2013, 06:16 PM (2,720 Views)
AFaithL

Eh. Ariana and Madison - two women he had zippo chemistry with - can stay gone. It's weird how EM can click with LH on Passions, but not on Days. The chemistry didn't transfer. And SB is a fabulous actress, but the cheesy Segway riding and sittin on Santa's lap grinning like kids was just unwatchable.

I wish the K/B story had been written differently from the start. But because of EM's outstanding chemistry with ED, they can be salvaged and built into something fabulous.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Oops. Double post.
Edited by AFaithL, Mar 20 2013, 08:25 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 20 2013, 07:19 PM
am103
Mar 20 2013, 07:10 PM
I wish Days had kept Lindsay Hartley. She is so natural in scenes, and she had amazing rival chemistry with Alison Sweeney and superb general chemistry with James Scott. Sarah Brown was great, but I felt that the character fell flat after Ian Buchanan joined the show, and Brady/Madison just never had that spark.
I'd love it if they brought Arianna back.
Can next weeks DR wants to know be Top 10 characters I wish they'd bring back from the dead?

I'm torn between baby Danny Rafe, Tony and Zack.
On a second level would be Lawrence Alamain, Lexie and Samantha Evans,.

But I think Jack would probably win in a landslide.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

AFaithL
Mar 20 2013, 08:10 PM
Eh. Ariana and Madison - two women he had zippo chemistry with - can stay gone. It's weird how EM can click with LH on Passions, but not on Days. The chemistry didn't transfer. And SB is a fabulous actress, but the cheesy Segway riding and sittin on Santa's lap grinning like kids was just unwatchable.

I wish the K/B story had been written differently from the start. But because of EM's outstanding chemistry with ED, they can be salvaged and built into something fabulous.
I think part of the reason is because it felt like they were implicitly telling former Ethan/Theresa fans that they will get that relationship on Days when Brady and Arianna are two completely different characters from them and lack their history. The dynamic was completely different, IMO.

blueskies
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 20 2013, 07:43 PM
blueskies
Panda Panda
I found Madison to be dull as cardboard. Which is weird because I like Sarah Brown.
I agree. Although the segways didn't help anything.
I'm still surprised Days could afford segways.
Product Placement.

nightfan

blueskies
Mar 20 2013, 11:26 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
blueskies
Panda Panda
I found Madison to be dull as cardboard. Which is weird because I like Sarah Brown.
I agree. Although the segways didn't help anything.
Product Placement.
You sure about that? I doubt most in Days' audience could afford one. Not that they're really expensive or anything, but at least around here, that would be considered a luxury. For really lazy people.

concerned
Member Avatar

Too subtle for it to be product placement.

blueskies
Member Avatar

nightfan
Mar 21 2013, 02:12 AM
blueskies
Mar 20 2013, 11:26 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
blueskies

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Product Placement.
You sure about that? I doubt most in Days' audience could afford one. Not that they're really expensive or anything, but at least around here, that would be considered a luxury. For really lazy people.
no, not sure.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

Def, I mean they gave more attention to Brady/Madison, and I didn't really care for them. It just didn't make sense how he LEFT Nicole out, she was such a huge part of his life for many years. But I'm glad he tweeted about it later on.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I tend to be ambivalent about Brady, but Eric Martsolf is a sweetheart. Every time I see him in a video or interview I can't help but smile. Wish some of his personality would rub off on Brady. IMO Eric has the best chemistry with Ari and Eileen (and it's a shame we never got to see what his romantic chemistry with Nadia would have been).

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Did they mention Chloe?

AFaithL

Yes they did.

six
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 20 2013, 11:21 PM
AFaithL
Mar 20 2013, 08:10 PM

I think part of the reason is because it felt like they were implicitly telling former Ethan/Theresa fans that they will get that relationship on Days when Brady and Arianna are two completely different characters from them and lack their history. The dynamic was completely different, IMO.
Agreed. Briana might have worked if Days had put any effort into developing their story, instead of trying to cash in on terethan's history.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 23 2013, 02:38 AM
Yes they did.
Thanks I may watch it now.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I was watching some Arianna scenes on youtube last night and I've come to the conclusion that she should have been paired up with EJ.

They had some amazing chemistry, and how awesome would that had been? A straight-laced cop and a DiMera dating each other? Damn.

lysie
Member Avatar

I liked Arianna at first but by the time she died, I was so ready for her to go. And I didn't think she and EJ had the slightest bit of chemistry.
She actually came across a little stalkerish to me because EJ didn't seem to give a crap about her. I liked her stuff with the first Gabi but I literally have zero memories of her with Brady.

Cupcake06

Arianna and Madison were badly wasted. It really seemed like they only existed to give Brady as many shirtless/love scenes as possible. It was highly annoying.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

If they'd kept the original Arianna and left LH out, I would have enjoyed her character better. I can't STAND Lindsay Hartley's acting, the girl is worse then Nadia and that's saying something.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply