Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rick Porter (ex-Larry Ewing, AW) Has Died
Topic Started: Mar 16 2013, 08:21 AM (1,749 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I just saw posted elsewhere online that Rick Porter who played Larry Ewing (husband of Clarice, brother of Blaine & Caitlin) from 1978-1986 (and a return in 1989 for Mac Cory's funeral) has died at 58.

http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=163645662
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

RIP.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

So sad. I remember him from Another World. RIP

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Much too young. I loved Rick as Larry. Such a handsome guy, he was one of the first true good-guy cops I remember on soaps (much in the vein of DOOL's Roman), and he also had wonderful chemistry with "wife" Gail Brown (Clarice) and "brother" Thomas Ian Griffith (Catlin).

RIP.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'd forgotten until someone reminded me that he also played Hank Tobin on DAYS from Jan.89-Mar.90.

Amazee-Dayzee

RIP Rick Porter. You will be missed.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Rest in Peace, the Ewings are passing in numbers.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

It makes me sad every time read this. I LOVED Larry Ewing (his character) and thought Rick Porter was handsome, masculine, and a fine actor. Though Larry loved and was always committed to Clarice, his chemistry with Kathleen Layman's MJ McKinnon (his police officer partner at the time) was smokin. I also loved the brotherly bond between him and Thomas Ian Griffith's Catlin Ewing

He will be so missed and I'll always have fond memories of him.

Side note- didn't Porter return for both Mac's and Ada's funerals? I know for sure he was at Mac's, but I thought Ada also. Wasn't Ada Clarice's aunt or something like that?

Anyhow, may he RIP and I'm very grateful for the entertainment he provided me on AW throughout the early-to-mid 80s. He was one of my favorite characters when I started watching as a kid.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I know he & Clarice returned for Mac's funeral, but I'm not sure about Ada's, but he very well might have. Ada was Clarice's step-mother thanks to her marriage to Charlie Hobson which lasted less than a year (in 1980) because of Charlie's death.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Mar 30 2013, 10:21 PM
Rest in Peace, the Ewings are passing in numbers.
I was going to ask which other Ewing from AW had passed away, then I realized you were talking about Larry Hagman/J.R. :-/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply