Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: The Jill Farren Phelps and Josh Griffith Interview
Topic Started: Mar 16 2013, 08:13 PM (1,205 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

The Jill Farren Phelps and Josh Griffith Interview – The Young and the Restless

Posted By Michael Fairman

MICHAEL:

Now that the two of you have been here at Y&R for awhile, what do you think of the air shows? Are the episodes meeting your expectations?

JILL:

I think you are going to find that we are always going to want it to be better. I do like very much what I see on the air. But that doesn’t mean we are in the place where we are not going to aspire to do better on every level.

JOSH:

I agree. I think we are in a very good place. We are through the transition. We are really starting to hit our stride with the stories we want to tell and the way we want to tell them. But there is always going to be looking at the monitor going, “Ooh, I should have done it this way” and “Ooh, I missed that beat,” or “Ooh, that is not quite there.”

For more of this interview CLICK HERE
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Well at least they watch the show. That's a start. You could tell MAB never watched because while some of the storylines might have sounded okay on paper...they were awful to watch playout.

However, I could do with out the boring Avery as a central character and she doesn't have chemistry with anyone.
Edited by LPS, Mar 16 2013, 11:38 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Quote:

JOSH:
Adam had lost a lot of his edge. He is the next Victor Newman in my mind. :ermm: So, I wanted to get back to his complex and conflicted relationships with his father and with the Newman family, and being the outsider trying to get inside

First fucking mistake right there Josh Griffith. It is ONLY ONE GOT DAMN VICTOR CHRISTIAN NEWMAN and Adam ain't it that's Hope & Cliff Wilson Kid he was not raised with Victor and was not apart of him other than rearing the sperm that made him.

Quote:

JILL:
Michelle is a superb actress and she wants to act. She is going to have a really fabulous big story.
JOSH:
Well, we feel she is having a big story with what she has been doing, which is being the savior of Jack.

LMFAO! Whoops swift tongue ay Josh(In other words JG saying that heffah is already being written for) Well Well he nip that in the bud then had to comeback an elaborate that MS would indeed have more story coming. I still think they toying around w/the idea of She & Kyle. Hartley is B.Hood replacement for a reason.

Overall from the interview though these two are in sink with one another like there Santa Barbara days and knows exactly what type of questions to gloss over as they did here because they both was spinning bullshit on some of it but ultimately what J.Farren says GOES can't nobody make me think otherwise.

Soapwatcher

They haven't got all of their "HH" people in place yet so it will be a while before they get in sync with "Jill you say this and I'll say that" and when we get all the young actors over here then we'll be writing the stories "not for YOU but what WE want to write for them and us" to hell with the groups that have been watching since the beginning, we want the young ones who don't have time to watch soaps and wouldn't buy our products that our advertisers try to sell, only the long time viewer has time to watch and buy but what the hell we'll get rid of them so CBS and Sony can close us down and we can go back to creating our own soap what would be a good name oh yeah Hollywood Heights sounds real, we'll use that.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

whatever, the show is still better than MAB'S version.
as far as adam being the next Victor, if EB retires, I can see them trying him out as a replacement or at least running the company, nick isn't going to do it, neither is victoria, adam is ruthless enough, but he lacks the nice guy side that victor has, the love for his family and his constant desire to protect them, mostly from themselves because they're nitwits.
I really hope and don't think they're going to put kyle and phyliss together, I think the new guy replaced him because he's an annoying twit with that voice of his. jmo

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

^^The fact is Victor aint getting any younger so they have to anoint someone to wait in the wings. Unfortunately the only viable candidate is Adam. Yea he has the ruthless thing but not much else. Is he charming? NO, Good with and desired by the ladies? NO, Charismatic? NO, Feared or intimidating? Debatable but as of now NO. As far as that side of him protecting his family, it's still early in the game. He doesn't have a family right now but that will be something they will develop for his character obviously with his impending fatherhood. He has a lot of evolving to do to get anywhere near the level of Victor Newman! Sometimes I wish Y&R would've gotten James Scott to play this kind of role...he would be perfect!

The interview was not very interesting. It said practically nothing new.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

3WishGenie
Mar 17 2013, 05:19 PM
^^The fact is Victor aint getting any younger so they have to anoint someone to wait in the wings. Unfortunately the only viable candidate is Adam. Yea he has the ruthless thing but not much else. Is he charming? NO, Good with and desired by the ladies? NO, Charismatic? NO, Feared or intimidating? :hail: Debatable but as of now NO. As far as that side of him protecting his family, it's still early in the game. He doesn't have a family right now but that will be something they will develop for his character obviously with his impending fatherhood. He has a lot of evolving to do to get anywhere near the level of Victor Newman! Sometimes I wish Y&R would've gotten James Scott to play this kind of role...he would be perfect!

The interview was not very interesting. It said practically nothing new.
TELL IT!

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think Adam has the ability to marry the same woman 4 or 5 times like Victor did though. Cruel enough to wish a woman dead and then marry her yet again. Adam just doesn't have it. When Victor "dies" the family should just sell NE to a stranger and be done with it. I don't want to see a big portrait of Adam in the office. Maybe hang it in the office that Victor gave him. In the shit house!

soapflake02

I wish they would stop treating Adam as their "golden boy" he is no more or less important than the rest of the cast. In case they haven't noticed Victor new the original victor hasn't been too fond of for a few years no either. If they keep bringing in too many new faces they will alienate some viewers because it will make the show unrecognizable. But it is ok to bring in new faces to shake up some characters but not go overboard. MAB admitted she had never seen the show and her writing proved it, she went WAY of canvas.

Checkers
Member Avatar

The comments on that site were more interesting than that interview. :blulaugh:

Soapwatcher

it was a lovefest for Shadam and Lane, damm don't they know there is other people on the show besides Sharon and Adam and Lilly and Cane?

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I laughed so hard reading those comments especially from the Laners. They should be thanking their lucky stars their couple was not tanked. On the flip side, it means they won't get any s/l. :sleep2:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Mar 17 2013, 07:47 PM
I wish they would stop treating Adam as their "golden boy" he is no more or less important than the rest of the cast. In case they haven't noticed Victor new the original victor hasn't been too fond of for a few years no either. If they keep bringing in too many new faces they will alienate some viewers because it will make the show unrecognizable. But it is ok to bring in new faces to shake up some characters but not go overboard. MAB admitted she had never seen the show and her writing proved it, she went WAY of canvas.
Quote:

In case they haven't noticed Victor new the original victor hasn't been too fond of for a few years no either

I'm not being a smartass here, but, WHAT? lol

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Quote:

it was a lovefest for Shadam and Lane, damm don't they know there is other people on the show besides Sharon and Adam and Lilly and Cane?

Been sooooo nice not seeing much of them lately.

:yahoo: Just the real stars.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply