Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/18
Topic Started: Mar 18 2013, 04:30 AM (27,787 Views)
TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Mar 24 2013, 01:41 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Mar 24 2013, 10:50 AM
Defanged DiMera's? No offense, it could be where they're trying to take this...but the DiMera's were, are, and always should be evil bastards. EJ as a "nice guy" is as dull as dishwater and sorry, but Kritter will always be the scheming hosebeast that locked Marlena in a secret room then tried to give her to Fatha. Tony was a nice DiMera as was Lexie, but they could both get in touch with their inner bad-asses when they needed to. In my never-to-be-humble opinion, they need to kill off EJ, and send Kritter back to the looney bin. Then have Melanie get in touch with Chad because she wants to try to work things out...he gets his hopes up sky-high and minutes before their reunion, she is killed. Chad SNAPS and goes completely frickin insane, turning the coffeehouse into a front for stolen electronics and forged clothing/purses/etc (that could touch on Basic Black as well as Titan). Then Thaao Penglis (sp?) comes back as Vladimir - Tony & Andre's long lost other cousin (twin? Whichever) to try to take over the DiMera empire. Am I off on a tangent here? Probably - the coffee is starting to do it's job.
I do think the Dimeras have been defanged. Back in the day, they were responsible for the most diabolical activities to ever happen in Salem. Now I can't say that. I won't speak about EJ since I think he's the biggest p*ussy of them all right now, but Kristen? It's like the writers are caught between wanting to give Brady a romance and Kristen exacting revenge on John and the romance is winning by a mile or three (it should be the latter truthfully speaking). This show is in desperate need of a villain, a true super villain like the Stefano, Victor, Vivian, Kate, Lawrence, Peter, cray cray Kristen even black glove EJ of old (I'm not familiar with anyone else) because Nick and Chloe ain't cutting it for me not because they suck as villains but because they should be the good guys in different s/ls while the bad guys should actually be B.A.D. not these watered down versions desperately clinging to a man or woman whatever the case may be because it's the ONLY thing that matters. No one is rootworthy because they all look the same and are doing pretty much exactly the same things except for Nick and Chloe and John but only because his ooc behavior is so wtf?
The once dangerous EJ is nothing more than Sami's lapdog. If he has to take a piss he'll cross his legs and hold it if Sami won't give him permission. He's super excited about :cheer: lipstick and nailpolish :cheer: and :omg: :whee: have you tried his snickerdoodles!!! :licklips:
Edited by TreasureCove, Mar 24 2013, 07:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Kevin_Buchanan
Mar 22 2013, 10:24 AM
WillFan
Mar 22 2013, 09:27 AM
Blake Berrisū@BlakeBerris
prepare for departure. ok. im prepared.
http://instagram.com/p/XKYtcIovka/
https://twitter.com/BlakeBerris/status/315099907302256641
:rockon: Hopefully this means Blake and Prick Nick are departing DAYS!!
I think he is promoting his film "Meth Head" at a film festival in Florida (last week was in Washington D.C.).
Edited by kay, Mar 24 2013, 07:06 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Mar 24 2013, 06:58 PM
Okay, I can see your points...the DiMera days of "Lady in a Cage", "The Pillow Baby" are over the top for todays viewers. Still, watering them down makes them boring - I won't apologize for thinking EJ is a ball-less, purse-carrying, lipstick naming schlub right now - he's more fun when he's in touch with his dark-side and with Sami, he's a snooze. There's no conflict when they all get along & have coffee in the town square, coffeeshop, pub, and everywhere else. Nick as a bad guy? He's a jerk, he's not devious. My thought is that this show needs a dark underbelly - the Kiriakis' served that end once upon a time as well as the DiMera's. I can't really see Justin going all bad-ass on anyone. But Chad? Yeah - I think he might be able to pull it off if something life-changing happened to him. Feel free to hate me all you want, EJ/Sami fans - I have nothing at all against James Scott nor Ali Sweeney, but I just don't like them as a couple. He's better with Ari and Ali is better with Galen. Feel free to chuck rotten tomatoes as I duck behind my desk. :laugh:
The thing is, it's not too OTT for today's audience. We've had similar stories in the last few years, lol. Rafe2 and the Baby Switch were both very reminiscent of the 90s DiMeras. I'd prefer they go more back to the dynamic the DiMeras had in the 80s, but whatever they do, I just wish they'd do it all the way. You can't have Stefano and EJ holding people prisoner in the basement and then living casually in town with those same people. You also can't have them stealing everything someone has and then complaining that people judge them. If they're going to do these OTT villainous things, then they can't also be casual townspeople. It's an issue for Stefano, EJ, Nicole, Sami, and Kate, IMO. If they want them to be regular characters, then they have to stop having them do the crap they do and leave that to characters that aren't meant to be more permanent.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Personally, I don't think ANY of that stuff is OTT for today's audience. Even though I tend to lean towards the more traditional in my soap tastes, I do admit that I can fully appreciate a good OTT storyline that makes sense. Unfortunately, what the show seems to keep doing is teasing or implying an OTT storyline and then making it nothing. It's like going "remember when we served you filet mignon? well, were giving you steak again! (whispers) but it's really chuck roast. we didn't think you'd notice because they're both beef."

WillFan
Member Avatar

#giff #methhead
view photo
http://t.co/bF5AaWPxUb

Thank you @gasparillafilmfest !!! http://t.co/xlqpepdH8L

Gasparilla Film Festū@gasparillafilm
Joe, Rachel and Rising Star Award Winner @BlakeBerris #giff13 #awardshow http://t.co/AaVFiwrOIg
Retweeted by Blake Berris
https://twitter.com/gasparillafilm/status/315916621526994944

kung fu carpet @HereIsGina #GIFF2013
view photo
http://t.co/d7BPFdroDv

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 24 2013, 07:13 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Okay, I can see your points...the DiMera days of "Lady in a Cage", "The Pillow Baby" are over the top for todays viewers. Still, watering them down makes them boring - I won't apologize for thinking EJ is a ball-less, purse-carrying, lipstick naming schlub right now - he's more fun when he's in touch with his dark-side and with Sami, he's a snooze. There's no conflict when they all get along & have coffee in the town square, coffeeshop, pub, and everywhere else. Nick as a bad guy? He's a jerk, he's not devious. My thought is that this show needs a dark underbelly - the Kiriakis' served that end once upon a time as well as the DiMera's. I can't really see Justin going all bad-ass on anyone. But Chad? Yeah - I think he might be able to pull it off if something life-changing happened to him. Feel free to hate me all you want, EJ/Sami fans - I have nothing at all against James Scott nor Ali Sweeney, but I just don't like them as a couple. He's better with Ari and Ali is better with Galen. Feel free to chuck rotten tomatoes as I duck behind my desk. :laugh:
The thing is, it's not too OTT for today's audience. We've had similar stories in the last few years, lol. Rafe2 and the Baby Switch were both very reminiscent of the 90s DiMeras. I'd prefer they go more back to the dynamic the DiMeras had in the 80s, but whatever they do, I just wish they'd do it all the way. You can't have Stefano and EJ holding people prisoner in the basement and then living casually in town with those same people. You also can't have them stealing everything someone has and then complaining that people judge them. If they're going to do these OTT villainous things, then they can't also be casual townspeople. It's an issue for Stefano, EJ, Nicole, Sami, and Kate, IMO. If they want them to be regular characters, then they have to stop having them do the crap they do and leave that to characters that aren't meant to be more permanent.
But people hated those stories. IDK anyone who liked the R2 story and the thing most people (here anyway) seemed to enjoy about the baby switch was that AZ got to be in a lead role.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 24 2013, 07:51 PM
lysie
No1_ILoveLucyFan
But people hated those stories. IDK anyone who liked the R2 story and the thing most people (here anyway) seemed to enjoy about the baby switch was that AZ got to be in a lead role.
I didn't realize people hated the Baby Switch. I did, but I've always been a minority on that. And i know people hated Rafe 2, but that really wasn't the point. The point is that they are still doing those stories whether the audience likes it or not. They're not doing something "smarter" with the DiMeras. They're doing the same things they've been doing for decades only now they go back and forth from one extreme to another.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 24 2013, 07:57 PM
six
lysie
No1_ILoveLucyFan
I didn't realize people hated the Baby Switch. I did, but I've always been a minority on that. And i know people hated Rafe 2, but that really wasn't the point. The point is that they are still doing those stories whether the audience likes it or not. They're not doing something "smarter" with the DiMeras. They're doing the same things they've been doing for decades only now they go back and forth from one extreme to another.
I'm pretty certain that the consensus here has always been that AZ made a mediocre story into something watchable. And I think it is the point - the show might be doing the stories but if they're not clicking with the audience the problem just might be that they're too OTT for today's viewers. I'm not commenting on the subject of what's wrong with the Dimeras/Kiriaks's, because there isn't anything wrong with them, but even if there was, having them do more 80s/90s style stuff would be a step in the wrong direction.
Edited by six, Mar 24 2013, 08:04 PM.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

lysie
six
lysie
No1_ILoveLucyFan
I think they are too scared to go all the way which is worse than if they never went there in the first place.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 24 2013, 08:00 PM
lysie
six
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm pretty certain that the consensus here has always been that AZ made a mediocre story into something watchable. And I think it is the point - the show might be doing the stories but if they're not clicking with the audience the problem just might be that they're too OTT for today's viewers. I'm not commenting on the subject of what's wrong with the Dimeras/Kiriaks's, because there isn't anything wrong with them, but even if there was, having them do more 80s/90s style stuff would be a step in the wrong direction.
My point is that they need to pick one and go with it. If they're going to have them do 80s and 90s type stuff, they need to commit and do it. If they want to have "grey" (and I hate to use that word because no one knows what it means) then they need to drop the 80s 90s stuff and commit. What they've been doing is having them go back and forth between extremes, and that's what's not working IMO.

spartan
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Mar 24 2013, 07:00 PM
Laufeyson
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Defanged DiMera's? No offense, it could be where they're trying to take this...but the DiMera's were, are, and always should be evil bastards. EJ as a "nice guy" is as dull as dishwater and sorry, but Kritter will always be the scheming hosebeast that locked Marlena in a secret room then tried to give her to Fatha. Tony was a nice DiMera as was Lexie, but they could both get in touch with their inner bad-asses when they needed to. In my never-to-be-humble opinion, they need to kill off EJ, and send Kritter back to the looney bin. Then have Melanie get in touch with Chad because she wants to try to work things out...he gets his hopes up sky-high and minutes before their reunion, she is killed. Chad SNAPS and goes completely frickin insane, turning the coffeehouse into a front for stolen electronics and forged clothing/purses/etc (that could touch on Basic Black as well as Titan). Then Thaao Penglis (sp?) comes back as Vladimir - Tony & Andre's long lost other cousin (twin? Whichever) to try to take over the DiMera empire. Am I off on a tangent here? Probably - the coffee is starting to do it's job.
I do think the Dimeras have been defanged. Back in the day, they were responsible for the most diabolical activities to ever happen in Salem. Now I can't say that. I won't speak about EJ since I think he's the biggest p*ussy of them all right now, but Kristen? It's like the writers are caught between wanting to give Brady a romance and Kristen exacting revenge on John and the romance is winning by a mile or three (it should be the latter truthfully speaking). This show is in desperate need of a villain, a true super villain like the Stefano, Victor, Vivian, Kate, Lawrence, Peter, cray cray Kristen even black glove EJ of old (I'm not familiar with anyone else) because Nick and Chloe ain't cutting it for me not because they suck as villains but because they should be the good guys in different s/ls while the bad guys should actually be B.A.D. not these watered down versions desperately clinging to a man or woman whatever the case may be because it's the ONLY thing that matters. No one is rootworthy because they all look the same and are doing pretty much exactly the same things except for Nick and Chloe and John but only because his ooc behavior is so wtf?
The once dangerous EJ is nothing more than Sami's lapdog. If he has to take a piss he'll cross his legs and hold it if Sami won't give him permission. He's super excited about :cheer: lipstick and nailpolish :cheer: and :omg: :whee: have you tried his snickerdoodles!!! :licklips:
I don't know.....EJ seemed to get very excited (several times over) when Sami talked to him about killing Nick Fallon.

lysie
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Mar 24 2013, 08:06 PM
lysie
six
lysie

I think they are too scared to go all the way which is worse than if they never went there in the first place.
Going all the way would require resting the characters offscreen for a little while, and they don't want to do that. Fine. Then stop writing them in ways that make them need to leave town. It has nothing to do with the audience being smarter or any of that other crap. It has to do with the show having very bad writing for a long time and no longer having the balls to actually do something big.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 24 2013, 08:11 PM
six
lysie
six

My point is that they need to pick one and go with it. If they're going to have them do 80s and 90s type stuff, they need to commit and do it. If they want to have "grey" (and I hate to use that word because no one knows what it means) then they need to drop the 80s 90s stuff and commit. What they've been doing is having them go back and forth between extremes, and that's what's not working IMO.
I haven't read the spoilers, so I could be wrong (and I don't want to know if I am), but it's been a long time since any of the villains have done anything extreme, so it's too soon for me to have an opinion on whether the writer's handling of their darker characters is consistent and working. So far, so good, though.
Edited by six, Mar 24 2013, 08:21 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

spartan
Mar 24 2013, 08:13 PM
TreasureCove
Laufeyson
No1_ILoveLucyFan
I don't know.....EJ seemed to get very excited (several times over) when Sami talked to him about killing Nick Fallon.
He needed Sami's permission to do anything about Nick, And he needs his fatha to actually do it for him. He is unable to take on the dangerous Nick Fallon all by his lonesome :scared:

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 24 2013, 08:18 PM
lysie
Mar 24 2013, 08:11 PM
six
lysie

I haven't read the spoilers, so I could be wrong (and I don't want to know if I am), but it's been a long time since any of the villains have done anything extreme, so it's too soon for me to have an opinion on whether the writer's handling of their darker characters is consistent and working. So far, so good, though.
We're having two entirely separate conversations. So if you want to continue, we should probably do it on twitter.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

So this is a very informative thread, thank you so much for posting.

spartan
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Mar 24 2013, 08:25 PM
spartan
Mar 24 2013, 08:13 PM
TreasureCove
Laufeyson

He needed Sami's permission to do anything about Nick, And he needs his fatha to actually do it for him. He is unable to take on the dangerous Nick Fallon all by his lonesome :scared:
No. Not unable. No need to rehash in this thread, but that's just not how it played out.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I would love to see Chrishell on Days. She didn't get much meaty material until the last 2-3 years of the show. But the baby sl she got she really step up and grew as actress and made me become a fan. Also she and RPG made "Jamanda" very successful and popular even when the writing sucked for them. Especially when they tried to insert third parties and they were propped to high heavens. *cough Taylor/ Cara (LH's character)

Days is definitely lacking in the males department. Most are paired up and the ones that aren't I don't want her to be pair up with.

Edited by guessgirl, Mar 24 2013, 08:56 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 24 2013, 07:16 PM
Personally, I don't think ANY of that stuff is OTT for today's audience. Even though I tend to lean towards the more traditional in my soap tastes, I do admit that I can fully appreciate a good OTT storyline that makes sense. Unfortunately, what the show seems to keep doing is teasing or implying an OTT storyline and then making it nothing. It's like going "remember when we served you filet mignon? well, were giving you steak again! (whispers) but it's really chuck roast. we didn't think you'd notice because they're both beef."
Except its not even chuck roast it's quorn.
Edited by concerned, Mar 24 2013, 09:15 PM.

AFaithL

concerned
Mar 24 2013, 06:19 PM
niki
Mar 24 2013, 06:10 PM
Why isn't John a possible candidate? After all a) they've very purposely destroyed J&M, b) Drake tweeted about not understanding his character's choices and was about to do something he completely didn't understand - which IMO would be sleeping with someone else...and the timing of that tweet and the appearance of a new character is in line and c) they seem to be keen on doing May/Dec relationships at the moment (hence Rate) and finally d) he's the only one who has had an injury (as of right now) that would require a physical therapist.
If they hook John up with new young twenty something physiotherapist. There is no way you can convince me that they aren't purposely tanking this show.
Or John with anyone other than Marlena, period.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply