Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/18
Topic Started: Mar 18 2013, 04:30 AM (27,593 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Mar 24 2013, 06:58 PM
Okay, I can see your points...the DiMera days of "Lady in a Cage", "The Pillow Baby" are over the top for todays viewers. Still, watering them down makes them boring - I won't apologize for thinking EJ is a ball-less, purse-carrying, lipstick naming schlub right now - he's more fun when he's in touch with his dark-side and with Sami, he's a snooze. There's no conflict when they all get along & have coffee in the town square, coffeeshop, pub, and everywhere else. Nick as a bad guy? He's a jerk, he's not devious. My thought is that this show needs a dark underbelly - the Kiriakis' served that end once upon a time as well as the DiMera's. I can't really see Justin going all bad-ass on anyone. But Chad? Yeah - I think he might be able to pull it off if something life-changing happened to him. Feel free to hate me all you want, EJ/Sami fans - I have nothing at all against James Scott nor Ali Sweeney, but I just don't like them as a couple. He's better with Ari and Ali is better with Galen. Feel free to chuck rotten tomatoes as I duck behind my desk. :laugh:
He's better with Ari, he's best with Deidre. I could watch Marlena and EJ snark at each other for days.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 24 2013, 08:29 PM
six
Mar 24 2013, 08:18 PM
lysie
Mar 24 2013, 08:11 PM
six
Mar 24 2013, 08:00 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
My point is that they need to pick one and go with it. If they're going to have them do 80s and 90s type stuff, they need to commit and do it. If they want to have "grey" (and I hate to use that word because no one knows what it means) then they need to drop the 80s 90s stuff and commit. What they've been doing is having them go back and forth between extremes, and that's what's not working IMO.
I haven't read the spoilers, so I could be wrong (and I don't want to know if I am), but it's been a long time since any of the villains have done anything extreme, so it's too soon for me to have an opinion on whether the writer's handling of their darker characters is consistent and working. So far, so good, though.
We're having two entirely separate conversations. So if you want to continue, we should probably do it on twitter.
Eh, I don't think we are - my point is that it's too soon to judge whether the thing you're concerned about with the show having extremely evil villains who stroll around like regular people instead of being ostracized applies to this new regime; so for all we know they have made a choice and are going with it as we speak, but since is the next day, we can leave it there.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 25 2013, 07:20 AM
lysie
Mar 24 2013, 08:29 PM
six
Mar 24 2013, 08:18 PM
lysie
Mar 24 2013, 08:11 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I haven't read the spoilers, so I could be wrong (and I don't want to know if I am), but it's been a long time since any of the villains have done anything extreme, so it's too soon for me to have an opinion on whether the writer's handling of their darker characters is consistent and working. So far, so good, though.
We're having two entirely separate conversations. So if you want to continue, we should probably do it on twitter.
Eh, I don't think we are - my point is that it's too soon to judge whether the thing you're concerned about with the show having extremely evil villains who stroll around like regular people instead of being ostracized applies to this new regime; so for all we know they have made a choice and are going with it as we speak, but since is the next day, we can leave it there.
I can tell we're having two separate conversations when I start defending points I never intended to make. This regime may have made that decision. That's neither here nor there. I'm talking about the show for the last several years. And if this regime has made that decision, it won't change the fact that they made a different decision last time.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Mar 24 2013, 08:54 PM
I would love to see Chrishell on Days. She didn't get much meaty material until the last 2-3 years of the show. But the baby sl she got she really step up and grew as actress and made me become a fan. Also she and RPG made "Jamanda" very successful and popular even when the writing sucked for them. Especially when they tried to insert third parties and they were propped to high heavens. *cough Taylor/ Cara (LH's character)

Days is definitely lacking in the males department. Most are paired up and the ones that aren't I don't want her to be pair up with.

days have less women on show that men
they only lacking in the males department with single males you like
so i guess you do not like lucas and rafe[he still single despite doing kate now it only short term ] since there no other single men on show
daniel have chloe and jennifer fight for him ej with sami
brady with kristen eric will be with nicole
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

NM, I know this will be closed soon and I don't feel like having this convo in 140 character snippets.
Edited by six, Mar 25 2013, 07:50 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 24 2013, 12:26 AM
DiMeraFan67
Mar 23 2013, 11:49 AM
lysie
Mar 23 2013, 11:35 AM
This is another one of Drake's weird tweets. It's from 5 days ago but I'm just now seeing it.
Quote:

@DrakeHogestyn: @marth27 I'll pick you up on the way to Salem tomorrow. I need some help with Brady & Kristen and Mom @DeidreHall can't help right now. xo
This would give me hope that the storyline is progressing to the point where it actually seems dangerous and has high stakes. If we didn't just see a bunch of pics of everyone basically partying for the Christening or whatever is going on right now. Damnit! It would have been nice to pretend Marlena was in some kind of danger and Kristen was really kicking into high gear.
I think he is referring to what's airing right now. "Mom can't help right now" means that will be the explaination for why John is pushing Marlena away currently --- he is trying to protect her.

I HIGHLY doubt that is what is being currently filmed. It won't go into August. I'm pretty sure the John/Marlena/Brady/Kristen crap ends by May sweeps...but I can't tell if Kristen gets caught via the mugger, or if she stops things on her own. EM seemed to hint that Kristen just drops plans for revenge because she falls in love with Brady...which would be the best scenario.
Wouldn't be the best scenario for me! Bristen are boring. I want Kristen plotting revenge on EVERYBODY!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply