Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bates Motel
Topic Started: Mar 18 2013, 10:16 AM (718 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Premiere's tonight on A & E.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So looking forward to this. My DVR is already set.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I just see that famous house and I get chills.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

From the opening scene, I was pulled in. Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore work very well off one another. Even though the story takes place in present day, it still has the feel of the 60's

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

New York, NY – March 19, 2013 – The premiere of A&E Network’s new original scripted drama series, “Bates Motel,” was watched by 4.6 million total viewers, 2.5 million adults 25-54 and 2.4 million adults 18-49 on premiere night. The 10PM premiere episode was watched by 3.0 million total viewers as well as 1.6 million adults 18-49 and 1.6 million adults 25-54, becoming the networks most-watched original drama series debut among the key 18-49 and 25-54 demos.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Just watched the pilot and loved it. I guess I'm a sucker for scary tv shows: The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, The Following and now Bates Motel.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I watched it tonight too, and I really enjoyed it - even more than I expected to. Definitely found myself caring about Norma and Norman right away. This should be a really interesting story to watch unfold! I'm excited for it!!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Glad to hear praise. I was excited for it and saw it got, I think for A&E, great ratings.

Got it on my DVR so I'll have to watch. Can't wait. Psycho is a movie I remember the first time I watched it. I'm horrible remembering even LINES from movies but I remember when I watched certain movies. LOL. Anyway ...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Was really good.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yes, it was. Watched last night. I'm in. I can't wait to see this story unfold. Ratings were good, as Rick posted, so that's promising. I hope there's no drop.

I got chills when they showed that house and motel. They did a great job with all of it. I'm very happy and impressed. Vera Farmiga is AMAZING. I like Freddie, too, but she's far, far better.

I also like that it's a modern, current day take of the same story. It still works. I almost forgot it was supposed to be modern until the girls showed up with the car and the phones and Norma's iPhone went off. LOL. I loved how she was hacking ribs with a big ass knife as Dylan called.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 21 2013, 05:18 AM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The last episode was by far the best one yet. Total game changer. Are you all still watching?

aimees76
Member Avatar

YES! I'm loving it!!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

LOVE it.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ditto! I absofuckinglutely LOVE this show!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I love it too!

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm loving it too. Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This show had better get some Golden Globe and Emmy love. It's hands down the best new show this year.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Loving it, though I didn't really care for the dogs death. There were so many ways they could've brought in Emma's father now that she is working at the Motel. Not to mention it looked totally fake.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The finale was last night and Norman has made his first kill (well not counting his dad). This show had an excellent first season. And it better get some acting emmy nods.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I quickly fell behind but caught up a bit thanks to A&E's marathons (even though I had all the episodes on my DVR, LOL). Still have to watch the last two episodes so I skipped to the bottom to post.

I really have grown to love Dylan. I couldn't stand him initially. I also think the cast is just fantastic. The show really has this great feel to it. I love everything about it, and of course the nostalgia fanboi in me just loves seeing the Bates house and motel on a weekly basis.

But I really like the development of the characters and how just when you think you 'know' what's going on they rip the bandaid off and holy shit hell breaks loose.

Such a good show and I'm very glad it's coming back. I haven't kept up with the ratings but for A&E, I guess it's doing pretty well? I feel like the initial buzz has worn off, I never see much about it. A&E's shows often seem to just kind of exist without huge social buzz, IMO.

Can't wait to watch the final two episodes. Jere Burns is fantastically creepy and I can't wait to see what his character is about.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply