Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, March 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 19 2013, 09:01 AM (8,501 Views)
DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

ETA: Nevermind
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Mar 20 2013, 02:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 19 2013, 11:15 AM
I think that was Missy's "I'm a busy mom now" hair.
In the early 90s a lot of women (mom or not) cut their hair short, it was a reaction against the super romanticist 80s big long tresses thing. It was less conventionally "feminine" on purpose, although the mainstream version was not as edgy as the punky things going on underground in previous decades (nor am I saying it dominated the mainstream).

Then the ideal steered back towards softer and sleeker and longer again (although more like the 70s than the 80s).
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Mar 20 2013, 02:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:07 PM
Maggie/Nancy/Chloe - I actually didn't have a huge issue with Maggie today. I mean, the Dannifer stuff is annoying, but since she was right today, it was less grating. Meanwhile, I haven't found one thing entertaining about Nancy this time. I don't remember having an issue with her before, but nothing she is doing is enjoyable, and much of it is just plain bad. And I'm beyond ready for Chloe to go.

Jennifer/Daniel - I literally have no memory of their scenes.

Cameron/Abby /Anne - I don't find Anne entertaining either. I just don't have enough background on her. I was sort of happy to hear her lump all the families into her pathetic whining because it always annoys me when the Bradys and Hortons are called out for being judgmental since I think the Kiriakises and DiMeras are about 100x more judgmental than the others could ever be, but really...it was hard to even like that because Anne's whining just doesn't make sense. And what exactly is her job? Why does she have claim to the hospital? I also have no memory of Abby and Cameron.
I'm fine enough with Nancy, given how ad hoc a lot of the motivations on Days are these days, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that not only "the good guys" are judgmental and clannish. That argument always comes off to me like the whining of kids who weren't popular in high school and never got over it. (I mean if Days actually wanted to talk about actual class and classism in a sociologically responsible way, fine, but that's something obviously different than what happens on this show.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic