Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, March 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 19 2013, 09:01 AM (8,486 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

We'll know it's deliberate if someone pulls out a Twister board tomorrow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah. Today sucked. There are so many elephants walking around the various sets of Salem that it's just exhausting to watch. It's like Days is playing a game. What's the best way to showcase all the potential we're not airing while putting on a completely drama free show?

John/Brady/Marlena - Well, this story just keeps getting worse. But the worst part today for me was when Brady blew up. I don't mind him being mad at all, but he called his dad a son of a bitch. That just...ergh. And I wish John and Marlena both could have had a different reaction to that. I wish Marlena could have better reactions all the way around. "Better" is probably the wrong word. All she gets to do is stand there and stare. There's just nothing entertaining about the way they've done this story. And it absolutely blows my mind that of the three of them, Deidre Hall is the one getting the least to do. Seriously? Let's put the best of the bunch in the background and let the two hams carry the story.

Kristen/EJ - I swear they improv'd their scenes today. And they were terrible. The biggest elephant right now is the one those two are riding around on. She's referencing a wedding and a reveal that he was a major part of, but there's no acknowledgment of it. Just do it. Yeah, you screwed up because of their ages. Whatever. We'll get over it. Except maybe it's good that they're ignoring it because the actors don't seem up to it. James plays sibling scenes like EJ is an 11 year old girl.

Maggie/Nancy/Chloe - I actually didn't have a huge issue with Maggie today. I mean, the Dannifer stuff is annoying, but since she was right today, it was less grating. Meanwhile, I haven't found one thing entertaining about Nancy this time. I don't remember having an issue with her before, but nothing she is doing is enjoyable, and much of it is just plain bad. And I'm beyond ready for Chloe to go.

Jennifer/Daniel - I literally have no memory of their scenes.

Cameron/Abby /Anne - I don't find Anne entertaining either. I just don't have enough background on her. I was sort of happy to hear her lump all the families into her pathetic whining because it always annoys me when the Bradys and Hortons are called out for being judgmental since I think the Kiriakises and DiMeras are about 100x more judgmental than the others could ever be, but really...it was hard to even like that because Anne's whining just doesn't make sense. And what exactly is her job? Why does she have claim to the hospital? I also have no memory of Abby and Cameron.

Y'all. There was another character named after me today.

And the dialogue never did make sense. None of it.
:roflol:

This comment alone made today's eppi worth it.

But yeah, I agree this eppi fell pretty flat.

(And I agree, they really should be playing up that EJ is/was supposed to be Kristen & John's "son", not that he's her "brother)".
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:15 PM
AFaithL
Mar 19 2013, 10:14 PM
lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:12 PM
AFaithL
Mar 19 2013, 10:10 PM
Ok, I don't get it. What do you mean there was a character named after you?
There's nothing to get. There was a character with my name, lol. Yesterday, there was one with my middle name (my twitter name). Today there was one with my actual name.
That's..weird. Who was the character? I must have missed the scenes.
You probably saw the scenes and didn't know it was my name. ;)
Ok...did they do it in a mocking way?

Just weird.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 19 2013, 10:25 PM
lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:15 PM
AFaithL
Mar 19 2013, 10:14 PM
lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:12 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That's..weird. Who was the character? I must have missed the scenes.
You probably saw the scenes and didn't know it was my name. ;)
Ok...did they do it in a mocking way?

Just weird.
LMAO. No. Both today and yesterday it was just a random name that was said several times. And before someone goes away from here thinking that I think Days is paying me a tribute...I'm sure it was a coincidence. It just cracked me up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

lysie
I don't mind him being mad at all, but he called his dad a son of a bitch.
Shirley Jones is going to need him to take that back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Mar 19 2013, 10:34 PM
lysie
She was kind of a bitch. Hiding in South America while her son was being brainwashed and his family was being kidnapped over and over...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 19 2013, 10:20 PM
lysie
Yeah. Today sucked. There are so many elephants walking around the various sets of Salem that it's just exhausting to watch. It's like Days is playing a game. What's the best way to showcase all the potential we're not airing while putting on a completely drama free show?

John/Brady/Marlena - Well, this story just keeps getting worse. But the worst part today for me was when Brady blew up. I don't mind him being mad at all, but he called his dad a son of a bitch. That just...ergh. And I wish John and Marlena both could have had a different reaction to that. I wish Marlena could have better reactions all the way around. "Better" is probably the wrong word. All she gets to do is stand there and stare. There's just nothing entertaining about the way they've done this story. And it absolutely blows my mind that of the three of them, Deidre Hall is the one getting the least to do. Seriously? Let's put the best of the bunch in the background and let the two hams carry the story.

Kristen/EJ - I swear they improv'd their scenes today. And they were terrible. The biggest elephant right now is the one those two are riding around on. She's referencing a wedding and a reveal that he was a major part of, but there's no acknowledgment of it. Just do it. Yeah, you screwed up because of their ages. Whatever. We'll get over it. Except maybe it's good that they're ignoring it because the actors don't seem up to it. James plays sibling scenes like EJ is an 11 year old girl.

Maggie/Nancy/Chloe - I actually didn't have a huge issue with Maggie today. I mean, the Dannifer stuff is annoying, but since she was right today, it was less grating. Meanwhile, I haven't found one thing entertaining about Nancy this time. I don't remember having an issue with her before, but nothing she is doing is enjoyable, and much of it is just plain bad. And I'm beyond ready for Chloe to go.

Cameron/Abby /Anne - I don't find Anne entertaining either. I just don't have enough background on her. I was sort of happy to hear her lump all the families into her pathetic whining because it always annoys me when the Bradys and Hortons are called out for being judgmental since I think the Kiriakises and DiMeras are about 100x more judgmental than the others could ever be, but really...it was hard to even like that because Anne's whining just doesn't make sense. And what exactly is her job? Why does she have claim to the hospital? I also have no memory of Abby and Cameron.

:roflol:

This comment alone made today's eppi worth it.

But yeah, I agree this eppi fell pretty flat.

(And I agree, they really should be playing up that EJ is/was supposed to be Kristen & John's "son", not that he's her "brother)".
LOL

EJ acting like an 11 yr old girl is what made their conversation so enjoyable at the beginning. I think the EJ/Kristen scenes were the only parts I actually liked in the entire episode.

It was . . . interesting to see EJ frustrated by the fact that, even though Kristen's been in Salem for months now, he still knows almost nothing about her. I thought it was a nice touch and hopefully it sets up for some more DiMera sibling scenes between the two (since we're not getting Peter back *cries*).

I must admit that I have completely lost hope in them referencing Baby Elvis/Kristen/John in a non-joking manner. They seriously messed up by making EJ the baby in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, it really would be 50 shades of eerily awesome if Kristen went ever so slightly delusional and started thinking of and (privately) referring to EJ as her long-lost son with John.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:37 PM
granolagirl
Mar 19 2013, 10:34 PM
lysie
She was kind of a bitch. Hiding in South America while her son was being brainwashed and his family was being kidnapped over and over...
Something about being maimed by a sewing machine. Yadda yadda yadda.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Oh wait. Parker was being cute for like 25 seconds in the beginning of the dannifer scene. So there's two scenes I liked today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

Panda Panda
Mar 19 2013, 10:37 PM
EJ acting like an 11 yr old girl is what made their conversation so enjoyable at the beginning. I think the EJ/Kristen scenes were the only parts I actually liked in the entire episode.

It was . . . interesting to see EJ frustrated by the fact that, even though Kristen's been in Salem for months now, he still knows almost nothing about her. I thought it was a nice touch and hopefully it sets up for some more DiMera sibling scenes between the two (since we're not getting Peter back *cries*).

I must admit that I have completely lost hope in them referencing Baby Elvis/Kristen/John in a non-joking manner. They seriously messed up by making EJ the baby in the first place.
...but...but...EJ was veryyy busy with Sami during that time he could have gotten to know his "sister", right? I kind-of hate how this show ignores the fact that Kristen tried to steal baby Elvis from Susan. Hello, your "sister" tried to steal you away from your own mother. Not a mention of that for some added and well-deserved snark?!

I kind of miss Peter. He had more of a DiMera vibe than EJ or even Kristen have ever exuded.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Blech. Fetch.

Need I say more?

Oh, Chloe, you should've left the scheming to Nancy.

Maybe we wouldn't all be suffering now.

SOCK BUN is alive and well for day two.

Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

And this episode just got expotentially better.

EJ's here.

Brady's got crazy eyes.

Nick's gonna be pissed.

EJ biting on his finger kind of makes me forget where I am for a minute.

Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh gawd, more Maggie yammering.

WHEN WILL IT END??

Okay, can Jen & Dan just kiss & make up & both go to the conference in the same way that Don Craig went to the mailbox?

ha! Kristen reminding EJ of Sami's track record with weddings.

Marlena just opened her eyes!!

It's a March miracle!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Marlena's been struck mute.

I like these scenes between Ej & Kristen.

EJ is now playing the role of Lexie while Kristen is playing EJ.

But I still like it.

I wish Chloe would punch Mag in the mouth.

Yeah Jen, Jack, the guy you were married to, ya know the one you threw under the bus & down the elevator shaft??

Oh gawd, why couldn't you have just let her die Doc Orange?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm counting the lights in the trees behind Fetch in this scene.

I just can't with them.

I.ABSOLUTELY.CANT.

Parker stole one of Caroline's vests.

Kristen's having a little meltdown.

Meanwhile, Brady's having a HUGE meltdown.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Dannifer doesn't even hit yawnsville status anymore. They are pure loser town. LOATHE
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Elvis has left the building.

I still haven't heard Lysie's name.

I must be zoning out.

It's all the YAMMERING!!!

For the love of all that's holy, we're going to have to listen to Mag & Jen again.

I'm wanting to FF again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

lysie

Everything....this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

I remember a few weeks ago when I was thoroughly entertained and now most of the stories are stupid, drama less plots highlighting boring characters I don't give a luck about.

I knew the honeymoon had to end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic