Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com comings & goings 3/19
Topic Started: Mar 19 2013, 12:34 PM (4,796 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 19 2013, 01:25 PM
So out goes Chloe as Fetch interloper and in comes JJ...the new interloper (and next character in line for some serious Fetch damage)

When is the carnage for Fetch going to end?

Jack killed off, Maggie destroyed, Jennifer destroyed, Chloe destroyed, Abby destroyed, the Hortons (save for Lucas) destroyed....all so DAYS can try to make Fetch happen, when it so CLEARLY is not working...

Has there ever before been such character assassination and casting carnage for the propping and pushing of a universally hated couple (like Fetch) in the history of this soap?
I think the character assassinations done to prop Luis and Fancy over Luis and Sheridan on Passions was similar, but others might disagree.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 04:49 PM
DiMeraFan67
Mar 19 2013, 04:46 PM
Would much rather see JT or really anyone else other than JJ. I have no good expectations when it comes to this character. He's going to come on as angst for Dannifer and once he gets to know Daniel he will worship at his altar. Everyone is going to act like he's such a punk for not supporting his mom. I'll have to suffer through Aunt Maggie telling JJ how great Daniel is. I actually think this character will make me hate Abigail when she's siding with Dannifer the whole time in the beginning.

Its too bad Jack doesn't have any family around to talk with JJ, if so I might actually have a little flicker of faith in this character. Stephen Nichols is probably going back to GH so I don't expect Steve to be popping up...Adrienne can't even get airtime in his own sons storylines and I don't think Tomlin even knows that Jack and Adrienne were siblings so there goes that...

I saw a spoiler that someone new moves into the Kiriakis Mansion. I think that might have been a typo, but it would be cool if JJ moved in there to be closer to Adrienne because that's the only person that reminds him of Jack considering how Jennifer and, to an extent, Abigail worship Daniel.
It's not a typo and it's not JJ. If you think about who all has lived in the Kiriakis mansion the last several months, it should be obvious who the new person will be.
Vargas? :shrug:

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I honestly don't even know who lives at the Kiriakis Mansion at this point. We never see it. I watch every single day and have no clue. I know Chloe was staying there with Parker, but if Chloe is leaving town I got nothing.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Victor, Maggie, Justin, Adrienne...does Sonny even live there? Don't know who fits in with that group. I wish the fairly obvious was obvious to me right now, lol. They're so underplayed I really don't even have a guess.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I stalked. Not excited about this answer.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 19 2013, 05:24 PM
I stalked. Not excited about this answer.
It's Daniel, isn't it? :hmmph:

jam6242
Member Avatar

I'm guessing that Gabi will move into the Kiriakis mansion because that's where Nick has been living.

Chloe's return has been pointless and Nadia's acting has gotten worse since her last stint.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

JJ...I feel like the audience is about to get scolded for not loving Dan/Jen while the writers perhaps toss in a scene or two about Jack/Jen to try and calm fans down about that whole deal. Oh well. New young character, bound to need friends...maybe the crew they build around him will shove Dan/Jen to the background. Or at least make them act like grown-ups.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

PALMommy
Mar 19 2013, 04:51 PM
I've probably just missed the post, but what is "Fetch"??
Fetch = Dannifer.

Matt last week decided that they were deserving of the title Fetch, and would no longer be calling them Dannifer.

This is based on the movie "Mean Girls" where one of the characters keeps trying to start a new hip/cool saying "OMG that is so Fetch" and the queen bee Regina George keeps shooting her down by saying "Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen, its not going to happen"....the same way DAYS is trying so desperately (and pathetically at that!) to make Dannifer happen, despite huge fan outcry in their absolute and pure suckitude.

So many have now been referring to Dannifer as Fetch...my avatar also kinda explains it as well.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 19 2013, 05:39 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Sariah
Mar 19 2013, 01:32 PM
I hope JJ and EJ never run in the same circles or it might get a little confusing. We already have a Gabi and an Abby.

Unfortunately, they won't change it like they did for Abby. JJ will have to stay JJ, because we can't have anybody calling him Jack and reminding us of the superior character and the half-baked leftover they have standing in for him now.

Could be worse. They could call him J.P.

Jack it too tied to Jack I to be used again. This is why the show needs to lay off naming characters after other characters. That and the JT/John/Johnny thing, someone mentioned. Also, jeez, all the people mentioned in this post are named some version of John. Days has really overdone it with that name.
Edited by six, Mar 19 2013, 05:48 PM.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Days truly made Chloe into someone completely different. Wasting her on Dan was to me a slap in the face and an insult. He ruins everything he touches literally.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The fascination by Days with certain characters like Daniel, Rafe and to a lesser degree Brady is mind blowing. Seriously, Daniel in 4 years has slept with Kate, almost did Chelsea, slept with Chloe, had relations with Nicole and now Jen...he can get angst after angst for his 'relationship' with Jennifer, they bring Chloe back, retcon Parker, bring Nancy, throw Anne in the mix, now they will be bringing JJ too....Rafe gets to have this magical love story with Sami over fucking 3 years. He gets to be on NON STOP. They even give us two of him at one point. His sisters come (and go) and so does his brother and now he's boinking Kate too.....Brady gets to boink everyone from Arianna to Nicole to Madison to Kristen in a span of 4 years, but I can't get a fucking story, NOT ONE fucking story for Lucas....this shit blows chunks...IMHO Rafe and Dan can't even compare when it comes to character development and acting wise IMHO Bryan beats these two by a mile....seriously....Dan acting drunk was AWFUL last week but they throw every fucking woman his way....SICK.

Rant over...carry on....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Mar 19 2013, 06:34 PM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Let me guess..JJ is Dannifer's new angst. All the angst in the world won't make me like or root for Dannifer. End them already

PALMommy
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 19 2013, 06:24 PM
The fascination by Days with certain characters like Daniel, Rafe and to a lesser degree Brady is mind blowing. Seriously, Daniel in 4 years has slept with Kate, almost did Chelsea, slept with Chloe, had relations with Nicole and now Jen...he can get angst after angst for his 'relationship' with Jennifer, they bring Chloe back, retcon Parker, bring Nancy, throw Anne in the mix, now they will be bringing JJ too....Rafe gets to have this magical love story with Sami over fucking 3 years. He gets to be on NON STOP. They even give us two of him at one point. His sisters come (and go) and so does his brother and now he's boinking Kate too.....Brady gets to boink everyone from Arianna to Nicole to Madison to Kristen in a span of 4 years, but I can't get a fucking story, NOT ONE fucking story for Lucas....this shit blows chunks...IMHO Rafe and Dan can't even compare when it comes to character development and acting wise IMHO Bryan beats these two by a mile....seriously....Dan acting drunk was AWFUL last week but they throw every fucking woman his way....SICK.

Rant over...carry on....
:cheer: Well said! I've given up them ever writing Lumi again, but give Bryan a storyline that doesn't involve him being a plot device for Sami or judging Jennifer or just being "there" for Will.

Nate
Member Avatar

TBH, I hated Chloe's return. They wrote her OOC and very annoying.

Like EVERYONE has said, it's just to prop Dannifer.

I really don't get the writers obsession with Dannifer. There are more characters/couples other than them. I mean, look at the message boards to see feedback. March 2013 was formed three months ago, in December 2012. If T&W would look at the message boards and fan reactions, they could see Dannifer was so unpopular.

Nate
Member Avatar

But, then again, the probably wouldn't care.

Sparrow

Over/under on how long before Daniel replaces one of JJ's organs and wins his undying gratitude and loyalty?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Sparrow
Mar 19 2013, 08:34 PM
Over/under on how long before Daniel replaces one of JJ's organs and wins his undying gratitude and loyalty?
I think they're going to throw a twist and Abby will need the emergency surgery. JJ will have to assist and in doing so learn how much Dan cares about his family and how fucking awesome he truly is. Not just as a surgeon but as a man.

I feel like it will happen in a semi-public place. Like on a pew at the church during Jen/Dan's wedding. And it should be serious enough to be scary five minutes before those crazy kids soldier on and say "I do."

Timeline: 2 months.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

px780
Mar 19 2013, 08:39 PM
Sparrow
Mar 19 2013, 08:34 PM
I think they're going to throw a twist and Abby will need the emergency surgery. JJ will have to assist and in doing so learn how much Dan cares about his family and how fucking awesome he truly is. Not just as a surgeon but as a man.

I feel like it will happen in a semi-public place. Like on a pew at the church during Jen/Dan's wedding. And it should be serious enough to be scary five minutes before those crazy kids soldier on and say "I do."

Timeline: 2 months.
Posted Image

Gawd, that actually sounds plausible for the Dannifer s/l

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

What a waste of time and talent. Much as I loved having Chloe and Nancy back, I absolutely hate what was to their characters. And all for Fetch. If a couple needs to consistently rely on a third party to have any kind of story then there is something seriously wrong with that couple. Without Jack, Nicole, Chloe and now JJ, Dannifer have no story. No chemistry, no connection, no history. Nothing. Why Tomlin insists on sacrificing character after character for this pair of idiots is beyond me. I don't blame Nadia for leaving.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Mar 19 2013, 08:53 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply