Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, March 20th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 20 2013, 05:22 AM (8,378 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

The top two are Tony & Anna DiMera played by Thaao Penghlis & Leann Hunley, but who are the bottom two?
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

:birthday: John de Lancie (ex- Eugene) who turned 65 years old today.

:birthday: Tanya Boyd (ex-Celeste) who turned 62 years old today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

WillFan
Mar 20 2013, 06:54 AM
The top two are Tony & Anna DiMera played by Thaao Penghlis & Leann Hunley, but who are the bottom two?
renne dimera and the guy she was trying to use to forget tony because she thought tony was her brother
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Mar 20 2013, 07:16 AM
WillFan
Mar 20 2013, 06:54 AM
renne dimera and the guy she was trying to use to forget tony because she thought tony was her brother
David Banning?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

i loved the character of Eugene. Loved the relationship he had with Marlena. Looking back at old youtube videos, it always amazes me that she trusted him. I wonder if that was the original intent with the character of Eugene. Or, did the character just develop over time as the audience accepted him and his blossoming friendship with Marlena. Probably one of my favorite Eugene arcs is when Tom was led to believe Eugene and Marlena had a relationship and "forced" them to marry.

OK back on topic...
How can you not love Tony and Anna. Renee always bothered me, just too needy. I'd welcome David back. Perhaps that would give Julie (and Doug) more screentime, if her son was there. Have the PTB forgotten that Julie has a son and grandson? (Sorry, rhetorical question.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

*sigh*

The top two are Tony DiMera and Anna DiMera (Roman's ex-wife & Carrie's mother). The bottom two are Renee Dumonde (Stefano's sudden daughter, the 1st one, with Lee Dumonde) and David Banning (Renee's husband and, more importantly, JULIE'S SON).

Renee was raised believing that Lee was her older sister. When Renee and Tony fell in love with one another, Lee was forced to admit that she was Renee's mother and Stefano was her father, making her and Tony half-siblings. She ended up marrying David (who I believe she'd already been involved with). Tony was conned into marrying Anna (who wanted the DiMera money). When Stefano "died", it was part of his will that they inherit the DiMera Mansion (which was originally the Chandler Mansion and eventually became Marshall Manor and then the Curtis Mansion). I believe whoever managed to have the 1st DiMera grandchild stood to inherit the bulk (or all, I forget) of the DiMera fortune. I think at one point either Renee or Anna caused the other to have an accident & a miscarriage (I want to say a boat was involved). Eventually it was determined that Stefano wasn't Tony's real father, so Tony and Renee could actually be together. Somewhere during all this, Stefano came back & then "died" again and Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS), Renee was killed by the Salem Slasher (i.e. Andre pretending to be Tony) because she realized that Tony wasn't Tony. Stefano was PISSED.

I may or may not be entirely accurate on all of that since it all happened about 30 years ago and I just typed that up solely from memory. lol
Edited by Matt, Mar 20 2013, 08:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 20 2013, 07:59 AM
*sigh*

The top two are Tony DiMera and Anna DiMera (Roman's ex-wife & Carrie's mother). The bottom two are Renee Dumonde (Stefano's sudden daughter, the 1st one, with Lee Dumonde) and David Banning (Renee's husband and, more importantly, JULIE'S SON).

Renee was raised believing that Lee was her older sister. When Renee and Tony fell in love with one another, Lee was forced to admit that she was Renee's mother and Stefano was her father, making her and Tony half-siblings. She ended up marrying David (who I believe she'd already been involved with). Tony was conned into marrying Anna (who wanted the DiMera money). When Stefano "died", it was part of his will that they inherit the DiMera Mansion (which was originally the Chandler Mansion and eventually became Marshall Manor and then the Curtis Mansion). I believe whoever managed to have the 1st DiMera grandchild stood to inherit the bulk (or all, I forget) of the DiMera fortune. I think at one point either Renee or Anna caused the other to have an accident & a miscarriage (I want to say a boat was involved). Eventually it was determined that Stefano wasn't Tony's real son, so Tony and Renee could actually be together. Somewhere during all this, Stefano came back & then "died" again and Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS), Renee was killed by the Salem Slasher (i.e. Andre pretending to be Tony) because she realized that Tony wasn't Tony. Stefano was PISSED.

I may or may not be entirely accurate on all of that since it all happened about 30 years ago and I just typed that up solely from memory. lol
I knew days sorasing was out of control but Stefano not being tonys real son is some achievement
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

concerned
Mar 20 2013, 08:07 AM
Matt
*sigh*

Renee was raised believing that Lee was her older sister. When Renee and Tony fell in love with one another, Lee was forced to admit that she was Renee's mother and Stefano was her father, making her and Tony half-siblings. She ended up marrying David (who I believe she'd already been involved with). Tony was conned into marrying Anna (who wanted the DiMera money). When Stefano "died", it was part of his will that they inherit the DiMera Mansion (which was originally the Chandler Mansion and eventually became Marshall Manor and then the Curtis Mansion). I believe whoever managed to have the 1st DiMera grandchild stood to inherit the bulk (or all, I forget) of the DiMera fortune. I think at one point either Renee or Anna caused the other to have an accident & a miscarriage (I want to say a boat was involved). Eventually it was determined that Stefano wasn't Tony's real son, so Tony and Renee could actually be together. Somewhere during all this, Stefano came back & then "died" again and Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS), Renee was killed by the Salem Slasher (i.e. Andre pretending to be Tony) because she realized that Tony wasn't Tony. Stefano was PISSED.

I knew days sorasing was out of control but Stefano not being tonys real son is some achievement
:$

Fixed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Marlene
Mar 20 2013, 07:52 AM
i loved the character of Eugene. Loved the relationship he had with Marlena. Looking back at old youtube videos, it always amazes me that she trusted him. I wonder if that was the original intent with the character of Eugene. Or, did the character just develop over time as the audience accepted him and his blossoming friendship with Marlena. Probably one of my favorite Eugene arcs is when Tom was led to believe Eugene and Marlena had a relationship and "forced" them to marry.

OK back on topic...
How can you not love Tony and Anna. Renee always bothered me, just too needy. I'd welcome David back. Perhaps that would give Julie (and Doug) more screentime, if her son was there. Have the PTB forgotten that Julie has a son and grandson? (Sorry, rhetorical question.)
Eugeneeeee! My favorite little nerdy-geeky-lovable-weirdo. His friendship with Marlena is quite possibly the most loving in the history of the show. He would have died for her, and she for him. There was always that little "Eugene totally wants Marlena" vibe, but unlike douchebag friends that have come and gone later, Eugene never seriously did anything about it. He kept it to himself, because he loved Marlena, and she loved Roman. But he truly did love her, so he just wanted her to be happy, didn't so much matter how.

How can I not love Tony and Anna? I hate Tony. And Andre. Always have. I think Penghlis and Hunley have a ridiculous amount of chemistry, and I think they should be together, but I just can't stand Tony.
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

Anna is hilarious. I never did like the RoboJohn storyline, but Anna's lines were LOL moments for me then. Also when they went to the jungle to find the real Tony. I kinda wish adult Carrie had some interaction with her mom Anna. Wonder what kind of advice she would give her daughter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Matt
*sigh*

Renee was raised believing that Lee was her older sister. When Renee and Tony fell in love with one another, Lee was forced to admit that she was Renee's mother and Stefano was her father, making her and Tony half-siblings. She ended up marrying David (who I believe she'd already been involved with). Tony was conned into marrying Anna (who wanted the DiMera money). When Stefano "died", it was part of his will that they inherit the DiMera Mansion (which was originally the Chandler Mansion and eventually became Marshall Manor and then the Curtis Mansion). I believe whoever managed to have the 1st DiMera grandchild stood to inherit the bulk (or all, I forget) of the DiMera fortune. I think at one point either Renee or Anna caused the other to have an accident & a miscarriage (I want to say a boat was involved). Eventually it was determined that Stefano wasn't Tony's real father, so Tony and Renee could actually be together. Somewhere during all this, Stefano came back & then "died" again and Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS), Renee was killed by the Salem Slasher (i.e. Andre pretending to be Tony) because she realized that Tony wasn't Tony. Stefano was PISSED.

Renee caused the boating accident that caused Anna's miscarriage. At that point, Renee knew she and Tony weren't related, so she was trying to come between tanna. Renee pretty much lost everything after Tony discovered that she caused Anna to miscarry. Renee had also lost her baby (and her chance to inherit the Dimera fortune), and David realized that Renee was using him, so he broke things off with her. Alex came along while she was vulnerable and she married him, then she found out that Alex had been aware of another will - one that left everything solely to Renee.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Marlene
Mar 20 2013, 07:52 AM

OK back on topic...
I don't think that was their original intent with Eugene.

Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

By the way, it looks like the DiMeras went to Olan Mills.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Matt
*sigh*

OMG - Renee's speech is out on YouTube somewhere??? I'm going to have to go dig that up tonight...I would love to see it again. I vividly remember watching that scene 30 plus years ago and having cold chills...she was amazing! "RENEE DiMERA WILL SURVIVE!" (and then she was dead a few hours later...in true soapy fashion...)

I've always loved Tony and Anna - but I LOVED Tony and Renee. I guess when I think about it, I just pretty much love Tony. *le sigh* :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2013, 10:25 AM
Matt
*sigh*

OMG - Renee's speech is out on YouTube somewhere??? I'm going to have to go dig that up tonight...I would love to see it again. I vividly remember watching that scene 30 plus years ago and having cold chills...she was amazing! "RENEE DiMERA WILL SURVIVE!" (and then she was dead a few hours later...in true soapy fashion...)

I've always loved Tony and Anna - but I LOVED Tony and Renee. I guess when I think about it, I just pretty much love Tony. *le sigh* :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 20 2013, 10:28 AM
SocRMum1
Matt
*sigh*

Thank you! I owe you a Sunkist. :cheers:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Matt
Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS),
That speech from Renee was all kinds of WIN....hands down one of the best moments from DAYS rich past.

Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2013, 10:33 AM
lysie
SocRMum1
Matt
*sigh*

Actually, IIRC you owe me a case.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 20 2013, 10:34 AM
SocRMum1
Mar 20 2013, 10:33 AM
lysie
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Actually, IIRC you owe me a case.
Sheesh! You have a memory like a steel trap. :toetap:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic