Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, March 20th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 20 2013, 05:22 AM (8,583 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2013, 10:39 AM
lysie
Mar 20 2013, 10:34 AM
SocRMum1
Mar 20 2013, 10:33 AM
lysie
Mar 20 2013, 10:28 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Thank you! I owe you a Sunkist. :cheers:
Actually, IIRC you owe me a case.
Sheesh! You have a memory like a steel trap. :toetap:
We should start calling her Trapsie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Matt
Mar 20 2013, 07:59 AM
*sigh*

The top two are Tony DiMera and Anna DiMera (Roman's ex-wife & Carrie's mother). The bottom two are Renee Dumonde (Stefano's sudden daughter, the 1st one, with Lee Dumonde) and David Banning (Renee's husband and, more importantly, JULIE'S SON).

Renee was raised believing that Lee was her older sister. When Renee and Tony fell in love with one another, Lee was forced to admit that she was Renee's mother and Stefano was her father, making her and Tony half-siblings. She ended up marrying David (who I believe she'd already been involved with). Tony was conned into marrying Anna (who wanted the DiMera money). When Stefano "died", it was part of his will that they inherit the DiMera Mansion (which was originally the Chandler Mansion and eventually became Marshall Manor and then the Curtis Mansion). I believe whoever managed to have the 1st DiMera grandchild stood to inherit the bulk (or all, I forget) of the DiMera fortune. I think at one point either Renee or Anna caused the other to have an accident & a miscarriage (I want to say a boat was involved). Eventually it was determined that Stefano wasn't Tony's real father, so Tony and Renee could actually be together. Somewhere during all this, Stefano came back & then "died" again and Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS), Renee was killed by the Salem Slasher (i.e. Andre pretending to be Tony) because she realized that Tony wasn't Tony. Stefano was PISSED.

I may or may not be entirely accurate on all of that since it all happened about 30 years ago and I just typed that up solely from memory. lol
Did you type all of this up without googling it, just out of your head? If so, I bow to your greatness.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OliveAnn
Mar 20 2013, 11:24 AM
Matt
*sigh*

The top two are Tony DiMera and Anna DiMera (Roman's ex-wife & Carrie's mother). The bottom two are Renee Dumonde (Stefano's sudden daughter, the 1st one, with Lee Dumonde) and David Banning (Renee's husband and, more importantly, JULIE'S SON).

Renee was raised believing that Lee was her older sister. When Renee and Tony fell in love with one another, Lee was forced to admit that she was Renee's mother and Stefano was her father, making her and Tony half-siblings. She ended up marrying David (who I believe she'd already been involved with). Tony was conned into marrying Anna (who wanted the DiMera money). When Stefano "died", it was part of his will that they inherit the DiMera Mansion (which was originally the Chandler Mansion and eventually became Marshall Manor and then the Curtis Mansion). I believe whoever managed to have the 1st DiMera grandchild stood to inherit the bulk (or all, I forget) of the DiMera fortune. I think at one point either Renee or Anna caused the other to have an accident & a miscarriage (I want to say a boat was involved). Eventually it was determined that Stefano wasn't Tony's real father, so Tony and Renee could actually be together. Somewhere during all this, Stefano came back & then "died" again and Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS), Renee was killed by the Salem Slasher (i.e. Andre pretending to be Tony) because she realized that Tony wasn't Tony. Stefano was PISSED.

I may or may not be entirely accurate on all of that since it all happened about 30 years ago and I just typed that up solely from memory. lol
Did you type all of this up without googling it, just out of your head? If so, I bow to your greatness.
That was all out of my head. Which is why I'm sure I'm wrong about some of the details. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

No Wilson today. :yawnz:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I chuckle to think that Renee Dumonde was Nick Fallon's step-grandmother.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 20 2013, 10:25 AM
OMG - Renee's speech is out on YouTube somewhere??? I'm going to have to go dig that up tonight...I would love to see it again. I vividly remember watching that scene 30 plus years ago and having cold chills...she was amazing! "RENEE DiMERA WILL SURVIVE!" (and then she was dead a few hours later...in true soapy fashion...)

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

*snicker* Anna spends that entire scene PRESSED. Oh.Em.Gee. And Renee & Julie just screaming at one another & Renee telling Julie to shut up?

God. I think I love every single character present in that scene.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

concerned
Mar 20 2013, 08:07 AM
Matt
*sigh*

Renee was raised believing that Lee was her older sister. When Renee and Tony fell in love with one another, Lee was forced to admit that she was Renee's mother and Stefano was her father, making her and Tony half-siblings. She ended up marrying David (who I believe she'd already been involved with). Tony was conned into marrying Anna (who wanted the DiMera money). When Stefano "died", it was part of his will that they inherit the DiMera Mansion (which was originally the Chandler Mansion and eventually became Marshall Manor and then the Curtis Mansion). I believe whoever managed to have the 1st DiMera grandchild stood to inherit the bulk (or all, I forget) of the DiMera fortune. I think at one point either Renee or Anna caused the other to have an accident & a miscarriage (I want to say a boat was involved). Eventually it was determined that Stefano wasn't Tony's real son, so Tony and Renee could actually be together. Somewhere during all this, Stefano came back & then "died" again and Renee inherited the house alone and married Alex Marshall (I forget exactly why, but I think it might have been to piss people off). After giving a glorious speech where she told off the entire town (look it up on youtube. it really is FABULOUS), Renee was killed by the Salem Slasher (i.e. Andre pretending to be Tony) because she realized that Tony wasn't Tony. Stefano was PISSED.

I knew days sorasing was out of control but Stefano not being tonys real son is some achievement
:blulaugh: I was so impressed with that walk down Memory Lane that I missed the slip of tongue ..er..keyboard.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Wow. My favorite Days period has always been the 1970s. But I forgot how good it was at the time of that scene. I remember NBC had the slogan "Be There " for all of it's shows and the Days promo with Renee saying "I suggest you BE there." which was a clip of her announcing her party. What a pale imitation of that show we have today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I really need Anna back. NOW.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

A little off topic, but I just finished typing up the 12/23/97 cast & set list. That's the day Eileen Davidson played 4 characters in one scene! Just 5 more episodes to type up and I'll be done with all of 1965-1997!! All of the show's first 8,200 episodes cast/set lists will now be confirmed!! Yay, always fun to finish off another year!! :cart:

12/23/97: Abigail, Austin, Carrie, Celeste, Eric, Ivan, Jack, Jennifer, John, Kristen/Susan/Sister Mary Moira/Thomas, Laura, Lucas, Maggie, Marlena, Mickey, Mike, Peter, Roman, Sami, Stefano, Vivian, Will, Brady, Belle, Jonesy, Elvis, Chelsea, Kristen/Susan/Sister Mary Moira/Thomas Body Double, Clerk.
Sets: Salem Place, DiMera Mansion, Car, Mountain/Grand Canyon (several areas), Plane.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Same day. *sigh* We open with Brady proposing to Kristen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yay! It's an Eric/Nicole day! Complete with Pop-Up Hope and VARGAS! In a overly hot rectory. I see where THIS is headed. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jennifer, I beg of you. FUCKING CHANGE CLOTHES.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Proposing to a woman just to spite your parents,immature,Brady your not 15,clearly he is not ready for a mature relationship,let alone marriage.

I HATE Jennifer's dress.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Hmm. No one has said the name "Vargas" yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Gross Nick/Gabi love session.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Chloe, honey, listen to your fucking mother. Nancy knows best. She's the expert schemer while you're just a rank amateur.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I really hate the redesign for Kristen's hotel room. The walls are ugly and the room looks half-done
Online Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

"HANG UP THE PHONE!" "Jennifer 's needy clinging arms."! I'm going to miss Nancy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic