Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 1st; *updated 3/25*
Topic Started: Mar 20 2013, 10:25 AM (45,919 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

samwel
Mar 23 2013, 02:45 PM
Little man, big mouth :blah:

he has zero say in where Sami chooses to live and like he told Sami when she objected to Chloe, 'get over it'
Chloe had never done anything to Allie. This is a good bit different.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Mar 22 2013, 09:55 PM
AFaithL
Mar 22 2013, 09:29 PM
LonePirate
Mar 22 2013, 06:35 PM
AFaithL
Mar 22 2013, 12:55 PM
I've seen plenty of posts from people saying the bad writing for John and Marlena has made them tune OUT of the show altogether.
For me, the worst part of the writing for Marlena is that she has been almost wholly focused on Brady and Kristen while she has barely paid any attention to Sami and EJ. She should let John handle his son while she focuses on her daughter.
No. People don't like the destruction of John and Marlena's relationship. They are a LOT more popular than, say, Rafe and Kate.
I'm not questioning the hatred people have for how Marlena and John are being written. I'm questioning why Marlena is so concerned about her step-son Brady dating, moving in and getting married to Kristen but she doesn't give a hoot about Sami, her own flesh and blood daughter, being on the very same path with EJ. Either Marlena has joined the fans and has recognized that EJ has been neutered as of late or else she is being a rotten mother.

Soap couples fight and break up all the time, often over the dumbest and worst written of reasons. I don't know why John and Marlena should be immune to that. If people don't like the reason why they are fighting or having problems, that's a perfectly normal critique. I just don't understand why Marlena is so isolated with the Brady/Kristen drama when she should be objecting as much to Sami/EJ and maybe she should even check in on her four grandkids that are currently on screen, including the one that has a big problem right now.
One of the reasons would be that she's already been down this road with Sami, and EJ isn't dating Sami to pull off some revenge plot against J&M personally. And she has voiced her dislike about it.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I'm assuming it's about Allie and I'm glad that at least SOMEONE fucking gives a shit about the little girl. You go LUCAS!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 22 2013, 10:11 PM
LonePirate
AFaithL
LonePirate
Mar 22 2013, 06:35 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
No. People don't like the destruction of John and Marlena's relationship. They are a LOT more popular than, say, Rafe and Kate.
I'm not questioning the hatred people have for how Marlena and John are being written. I'm questioning why Marlena is so concerned about her step-son Brady dating, moving in and getting married to Kristen but she doesn't give a hoot about Sami, her own flesh and blood daughter, being on the very same path with EJ. Either Marlena has joined the fans and has recognized that EJ has been neutered as of late or else she is being a rotten mother.

Soap couples fight and break up all the time, often over the dumbest and worst written of reasons. I don't know why John and Marlena should be immune to that. If people don't like the reason why they are fighting or having problems, that's a perfectly normal critique. I just don't understand why Marlena is so isolated with the Brady/Kristen drama when she should be objecting as much to Sami/EJ and maybe she should even check in on her four grandkids that are currently on screen, including the one that has a big problem right now.
Because these writers don't believe in integrating he cast. Marlena has been isolated from
everyone but John, Brady....and now an obnoxious Winston who has decided to pop up and annoy the hell out of everyone.

John/Marlena should both be interacting with ALL of their kids and grandkids on-screen together as the patriarch and matriarch of the Brady/Black family (and yes, John is considered to be Marlena's other half and thus should be present and involved with Sami/Eric/Grandkids too).

But this show so far has isolated them from everyone, written them crappily, and had them
more involved with Brady's personal business than giving them a full life with other cast members.

John and Marlena SHOUlD be the parental figures that Eric, Brady, and Sami connect with. They should BOTH be involved with the grandkids' lives, etc. Its not just Marlena's place --- it's John's too.
One big issue I have with Gary Tomlin is a similar one I had when Bob Guza was writing General Hospital. Basically on GH during the Guza/Phelps years you had Sonny, Jason, and Carly in the vast majority of the A Stories and there wasn't a real interweaving of characters like it was in the 1990's. The same could be said about EJ and Sami on Days---I've often thought they are the Carly and Sonny of this show with the majority of the stories revolving around their respective love lives, and they are interjected into just about every story going on. Even as bad as the Lagan years were (Garden of Eden---shudders) there seemed to be a better balance of characters (you had Jarlena and their kids, Bope and their kids, Jack and Jennifer when she was Jennifer Rose, the Wesley's, etc.) and interactions. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but the main stories seemed to be spread out among more characters at that time.

lysie
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Mar 23 2013, 03:59 PM
AFaithL
Mar 22 2013, 10:11 PM
LonePirate
AFaithL

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Because these writers don't believe in integrating he cast. Marlena has been isolated from
everyone but John, Brady....and now an obnoxious Winston who has decided to pop up and annoy the hell out of everyone.

John/Marlena should both be interacting with ALL of their kids and grandkids on-screen together as the patriarch and matriarch of the Brady/Black family (and yes, John is considered to be Marlena's other half and thus should be present and involved with Sami/Eric/Grandkids too).

But this show so far has isolated them from everyone, written them crappily, and had them
more involved with Brady's personal business than giving them a full life with other cast members.

John and Marlena SHOUlD be the parental figures that Eric, Brady, and Sami connect with. They should BOTH be involved with the grandkids' lives, etc. Its not just Marlena's place --- it's John's too.
One big issue I have with Gary Tomlin is a similar one I had when Bob Guza was writing General Hospital. Basically on GH during the Guza/Phelps years you had Sonny, Jason, and Carly in the vast majority of the A Stories and there wasn't a real interweaving of characters like it was in the 1990's. The same could be said about EJ and Sami on Days---I've often thought they are the Carly and Sonny of this show with the majority of the stories revolving around their respective love lives, and they are interjected into just about every story going on. Even as bad as the Lagan years were (Garden of Eden---shudders) there seemed to be a better balance of characters (you had Jarlena and their kids, Bope and their kids, Jack and Jennifer when she was Jennifer Rose, the Wesley's, etc.) and interactions. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but the main stories seemed to be spread out among more characters at that time.
I don't think that's really true this time. They do manage to turn things that have very little to do with them into being about Sami and EJ, but they really don't have a story right now and they really haven't had one for a while. And yet...they manage to be central to other stories that aren't particularly relevant to them. Honestly, I'm not sure which is worse.

camera shy

TreasureCove
Mar 23 2013, 02:06 PM
Deverauxfan
Mar 23 2013, 01:55 PM
When did Allie go to Hong Kong to be with Lucas? Wasn't that during Rafe2?
Stefano arranged for Allie to be kidnapped. He had minons ready to keep her imprisoned in another state for the rest of her life. EJ thought it was a great idea at first, than decided Johnny might miss her too much. He begged Kate to call Lucas and have him take Allie earlier than was already planned, but he wouldn't tell her why. She was sent to Hong Kong the same day fake Rafe was taking her to the park to be kidnapped.
Fake Rafe was planning on killing Allie.....remember how he kept trying to get her alone?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm really missing the Soap Opera Digest weekly articles. I want more spoilers.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Mar 23 2013, 04:10 PM
Well, you wouldn't be getting more spoilers from those anyway. ;) Pretty much everything gets released from all the various sites, including this one, by Tuesday.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Agreed. And it's not even just the spoilers I miss. It's quotes from the actors during the summaries.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DrewHamilton
Mar 23 2013, 04:36 PM
Kevc1980
Agreed. And it's not even just the spoilers I miss. It's quotes from the actors during the summaries.
Personally, I prefer DR interviews, because I think the actors let their hair hang a little more and are a little more open. With SOD, they tend to tow the party line more.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 23 2013, 05:21 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 23 2013, 04:36 PM
Kevc1980
Personally, I prefer DR interviews, because I think the actors let their hair hang a little more and are a little more open. With SOD, they tend to tow the party line more.
Well, obviously, those ones are better, LOL. They're longer interviews and more broad than SOD, which are typically focused on what's going on in one specific story during one specific week.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I don't mind the pull-back on the spoilers. I just wish we had more cast interviews or articles. I really enjoyed that Galen and Lauren Koslow interview, and I don't even care about their storyline that much!

samwel

lysie
Mar 23 2013, 03:18 PM
samwel

he has zero say in where Sami chooses to live and like he told Sami when she objected to Chloe, 'get over it'
It would not have mattered one way or the other, he always makes choices when it comes to the kids and leaves Sami in the dark or to stew. Sami made her choice and all of the kids will be together as they should be.

samwel

Panda Panda
Mar 23 2013, 02:50 PM
samwel

I doubt he gives a crap about where Sami lives, but he does care where his little daughter lives.
sure.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Lucas does have a say in Allie's case. So I think he should fight for custody if he doesn't want her there. Its his daughter, and he has rights to. But finally, a Lucas at the end of the tunnel. A custody battle would be way better then the crap that's on now. I like Rafe and Kate and wanna see Lucas's reaction to it.

Sami will bust a gut, but who the flip cares, I stopped caring about Sami when she chose to be with Ej.

LucasHortonFan

lysie
samwel

Thank you! You are so right!

Cathalina

Wouldn't it be a kick if the custody battle that had been alluded to was not over the Wabi baby but over Allie. Heck, Allie gets a battle over her! Poor little girl!

LucasHortonFan

I want more scenes with Lucas and Allie, a custody had battle over Allie would be perfect. I would hate it though, if Sami fought dirty and used Ej as a means to keep that little girl away from her father. Still, Allie needs to be fought over and Lucas needs to be very involved. A custody battle would be classic fighting Lumi. After all, Sami played dirty all those years ago about Will. But I hope she'd see that little Allie needs her true father, Lucas.

lysie
Member Avatar

samwel
Mar 23 2013, 07:25 PM
lysie
samwel

It would not have mattered one way or the other, he always makes choices when it comes to the kids and leaves Sami in the dark or to stew. Sami made her choice and all of the kids will be together as they should be.
I have no idea what you're referring to about it mattering one way or the other, but no...Sami doesn't get to just make decisions about Allie just like Lucas doesn't get to. When he's done similarly, she's let him know it wasn't okay too. But there's no "always" about it. He was off the show for two years, and was barely on before he was let go and is barely on now. IMO, Sami and EJ are complete morons for having their kids there in the first place. Especially EJ who knows what happens to children under Stefano's eye. As many issues as he's had trying to pull away from the man, you'd think he wouldn't want the same for Johnny. Either way, it will be nice to see some acknowledgment of Allie for at least one episode. Wonder if we'll see her.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Friday ("Runner Up")
Daniel looks to Chloe for comfort; Abigail and Chad uncover Cameron's secret; Nicole can't stand the thought of Eric leaving town.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply