Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 1st; *updated 3/25*
Topic Started: Mar 20 2013, 10:25 AM (45,486 Views)
lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 26 2013, 10:57 PM
lumifan4life85
Mar 26 2013, 10:52 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 26 2013, 04:42 PM
lumifan4life85
Mar 26 2013, 04:32 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
No. It's really not. In fact, the show has been doing better under TomSell than it had been previously...so if that's their plan they're actually going about it ass backwards. :shrug:
Um no, before Tomsell joined, The show was doing great under Sheffer. It wasn't perfect, but it had started to get better and then they showed up.
Sheffer was replaced by Higley. Who was then replaced by Mardar. Who was then replaced by Tomsell.
Yes, and Tomlin was executive producer and made the writing decisions until MarDar.
Edited by lumifan4life85, Mar 26 2013, 11:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 26 2013, 02:31 PM
samwel
Mar 26 2013, 02:22 PM
DawnElicia
Mar 26 2013, 01:50 PM
Mitchapalooza
Mar 26 2013, 01:31 PM
Sami is a complete IDIOT!

Moving Lucas' daughter into the DiMera mansion without even asking for his permission.

What a total fucking bitch.....I hope Lucas sues for custody and gets Allie away from her.
I don't think Sami should have to ask permission but I do think she should say something to him about her living arrangement
Right, Sami can live wherever the fuck she chooses and her kids when it is her turn. She had a right to inform him, but that is as far as it goes, he has no say in the matter. This is what the third time Allie is living there, its a home she is accustomed to.
I think Lucas should have a say where Allie is spending a good share of her since they appear to have joint custody of her. Restrictions on where kids can live is a pretty normal part of custody agreements, isn't it? Now, I have zero desire to sit through an Allie custody battle, but I'm glad that they're at least having a scene where Lucas is upset about his daughter living at DiMansion again. It would be weird if he was just cool with it.
Right.

Sami just can't take Allie anywhere she likes. Legally, Lucas DOES have a say. In this case, he should keep
Allie and Sami should have visitation since the mansion isn't a good place for kids.

MericP
Member Avatar

samwel
Mar 26 2013, 02:47 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 26 2013, 02:38 PM
Mitchapalooza
Mar 26 2013, 01:56 PM
DawnElicia

Let me get this straight....she is moving Lucas' DAUGHTER into a mansion run by a crime lord and you don't think she should have to ask for his permission to do that?

How many people have been shot, killed, kidnapped, held hostage, raped, body dissolved in that mansion again?

Yep seems totally rational.
and that is it right there...JOINT CUSTODY....you said the magic two words..if she had SOLE custody of that child she could move herself with said child to Idaho, Aruba, Siberia and Lucas couldn't say shit....problem is she doesn't have sole custody they have joined custody meaning one parent (and that goes for Lucas too) can't do anything without the other parent agreeing to it...so yeah, permission is what that is....consultation would have been a nice gesture but if Lucas would have objected she would have had to find an arrangement that suited both her and Lucas...problem is, Sami doesn't want to go there and have an arrangement that suited both parents because in the end, she probably forgot about Allie to begin with.
some states may differ, but the issue of consent lies with moving OUT of the state, NOT to another house in the same town

Quote:

It's truly the same argument that fans made against Rafe wanting to take over as father of Ej's kids.....frankly I saw that wrong then and he wasn't a mob boss or anything.....so yeah, I don't get it.

Unless EJ is ready for Allie to call him daddy and starts disrespecting his boundaries, its not the same thing. He has managed quite well to not cross the lines when it came to Allie and Lucas both times she lived with him.

Here in Pennsylvania, under joint custody both parents can argue if a home is "appropriate" or not.

Trust me, I've been there.

If Lucas objects, Allie couldn't go there.

But this is a soap so I don't know.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lumifan4life85
Mar 26 2013, 11:02 PM
SocRMum1
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1

Um no, before Tomsell joined, The show was doing great under Sheffer. It wasn't perfect, but it had started to get better and then they showed up.
Sheffer was replaced by Higley. Who was then replaced by Mardar. Who was then replaced by Tomsell.
Yes, and Tomlin was executive producer and made the writing decisions until MarDar.
There really is a difference between Tomlin serving as EP versus sharing the head writing title with Whitesell.

But regardless, the original point I responded to was that it is 'plain as day' that Tomsell are determined to ruin the show. Even just recently many posters on this site have talked about how much more they are enjoying the show despite some issues. It is vastly improved over where it was when we were rejoicing at Dena Higley being fired or during the long dry gaps between sweeps or 'events' when Mardar was there last year. How is it so plain if so many ofus don't see it?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SocRMum1
Mar 27 2013, 06:57 AM
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1
lumifan4life85

There really is a difference between Tomlin serving as EP versus sharing the head writing title with Whitesell.

But regardless, the original point I responded to was that it is 'plain as day' that Tomsell are determined to ruin the show. Even just recently many posters on this site have talked about how much more they are enjoying the show despite some issues. It is vastly improved over where it was when we were rejoicing at Dena Higley being fired or during the long dry gaps between sweeps or 'events' when Mardar was there last year. How is it so plain if so many ofus don't see it?
Let's all be honest here....many of us are seeing it and the last two weeks have been an indicator that the majority on this board are truly not feeling the show as they were just a few months ago...the show is really no better than it was under MarDar and under Dena at this stage of the game. There are still long gaps between events.....the January highs around the Wabi baby reveal at the Nabi wedding are an indicator. That wasn't even sweeps, it was an event in January and nothing has happened since then and we're practically in April already. Sweeps came and went, they didn't have anything going on........really nothing better or different than how MarDar operated. What is different this time around is the couples they are featuring and those they are not. Obviously if your couple is getting the spot light in some way then you are seeing the show under different light. It's still a shitty light but at the very least you are getting something that you like, so you are invested. Can you honestly say that you would seriously be loving the entire show this much if Ejami wasn't in some way getting the kind of writing you somewhat like? With that said, what exactly aside from the story that Ejami is featured in (the Wabi/Nabi baby thing) is better this time around? Is the destruction of John and Marlena good? Is the prominently heavy handed featuring of Dannifer good? Was bringing back Chloe, rectifying Parker's paternity, bringing Nancy in necessary to drive that story further? Is Bristen truly drawing viewers in? Is a story surrounding Abby's virginity that good? Will getting this awful writing isn't doing the show any favors either. I'd say even if you are happy with the show at the moment because they are featuring a pair you like and wanted for a while, there is still more bad than good overall on the show storyline wise and that is just not good.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 26 2013, 09:10 PM
gailwinters
Mar 26 2013, 07:12 PM
Well, anyone who wants Allie to be even more invisible than she already is definitely needs to hope that Lucas sues for custody and wins, because that will result in Allie never being seen again.

This is a lot of discussion for what will probably end up being one scene designed for Sami to tell Lucas that Stephano is going to help Will.
Not necessarily. The kids that are seen are the ones there is conflict over. Allie would spend more time in the spotlight, quite frankly. Heck, EJ and Semi are together and has she even had a scene with the new girl playing Sydney?

What I am wondering about is the planning of this all. Stefano never said to move into the mansion and he would help Will. Heck, he doesn't even know Will needs help yet. The Keystone Cops running Team Will decided that this would make Stefano happy and butter him up. This move could have been for nothing, especially if Stefano decides he wants something else.

Truthfully though, could you imagine the tour of the house these kids could get. "Okay kids. Play wherever you want, but avoid the basement. I don't know if EJ took the cage down from when he cloned Rafe and kept him prisoner downstairs. Also, stay out of the bedroom where mommy and EJ were the last time. Seems blood is really hard to get out of a rug. How did it get there? Ummm..let's not mention that right now. Yes, Johnny, I will explain it to you about the same time I explain how you were conceived and why you and Allie have two daddies. Oh wait! ALLIE! CRAP! Forgot her again!"
Don't forget The Secret Room where Aunt Kristen managed to keep Grandma Marlena in and the lab where Nona DiMera wiped step-grandfather John's memories, but hey, who's counting?

camera shy

LuvingLumi
Mar 27 2013, 07:40 AM
SocRMum1
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1

Let's all be honest here....many of us are seeing it and the last two weeks have been an indicator that the majority on this board are truly not feeling the show as they were just a few months ago...the show is really no better than it was under MarDar and under Dena at this stage of the game. There are still long gaps between events.....the January highs around the Wabi baby reveal at the Nabi wedding are an indicator. That wasn't even sweeps, it was an event in January and nothing has happened since then and we're practically in April already. Sweeps came and went, they didn't have anything going on........really nothing better or different than how MarDar operated. What is different this time around is the couples they are featuring and those they are not. Obviously if your couple is getting the spot light in some way then you are seeing the show under different light. It's still a shitty light but at the very least you are getting something that you like, so you are invested. Can you honestly say that you would seriously be loving the entire show this much if Ejami wasn't in some way getting the kind of writing you somewhat like? With that said, what exactly aside from the story that Ejami is featured in (the Wabi/Nabi baby thing) is better this time around? Is the destruction of John and Marlena good? Is the prominently heavy handed featuring of Dannifer good? Was bringing back Chloe, rectifying Parker's paternity, bringing Nancy in necessary to drive that story further? Is Bristen truly drawing viewers in? Is a story surrounding Abby's virginity that good? Will getting this awful writing isn't doing the show any favors either. I'd say even if you are happy with the show at the moment because they are featuring a pair you like and wanted for a while, there is still more bad than good overall on the show storyline wise and that is just not good.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
SocRMum1
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1

Even though I think the slow down in the drama and the intense focus on Fetch has made the show less fun the last couple weeks, I still think its waaaay improved from a year ago. Leaving aside Ejami, here's everything I like better...
1. There is a good character mix in the daily episodes. Characters and storylines are not nearly as isolated as they used to be. Which means we get unique interactions regularly and that makes the show fresher even when it's not a drama-packed episode.
2. The umbrella story of the Wabi baby has good layers and effective character motivations. Just when I was worried that Nick was turning into a cartoon victim, we had Monday's epsiode where I started to feel bad for him. And I'm even starting to find Gabi's motivations believable and sometimes sympathetic. Sonny is being brought to life in a way he hasn't. We've got to see Lumi bantering and scheming like days of old. Sami is back to wearing havoc to get what she wants. Etc., etc. This story has really brought out the most entertaining aspects of many characters, save for Will (although that looks like its changing)
3. Two words: Melissa Salmons
4. The episodes hang together much better. The different characters that are on that day often have overlapping stories and that makes for just a more cohesive and enjoyable show overall.
5. Two more words: Blake Berris
6. Save for Fetch, the scripts are regularly calling out characters on their flaws, so there isn't nearly the propping as I feel like there used to be. There's not a bright line of good vs. evil. And I find myself seeing the point of many people even when they are pitted against each other.
7. With Ericole, they've actually managed to slowly build a new couple that has really captured my attention. It's been YEARS since that's happend for me.
8. Kristen DiMera is back in Salem. Yes, the story has been repetitive for quite awhile, but I finally feel like its starting to go somewhere. And I love watching ED, even when the drama isn't great.

So yeah, there's a lot beyond just Ejami that I'm really enjoying about Days right now.

lysie
Member Avatar

All the believable motivations, snarky dialogue, and history shout outs in the world aren't going to make up for the shoddy characterizations, frequent 180s, and dull as dirt featured actors.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

lachelle73
Mar 26 2013, 10:53 AM
Can we finally get this custody battle underway I have been waiting for Will to make a move and he has so time to step up the pace. I want to see Sonny reaction when Will tells him that he is going to ask Stefano for help with Nik. I want to see more scenes of Will and Sonny and not just 2 mins here or 5 mins there this storyline is about them so it needs to be about them not just Nik and Gabi and EJ and Sami who seem to be getting all the scenes for most of the show and Will and Sonny are thrown in. I wanted to see Will show more compassion or to really ask Sonny if this had ever happened before if he was okay or give him a hug or something. I wanted Will to really talk to Sonny about how he felt after the fight and why he didn't mention it. It was good but it turned out to be more about Nik and Gabi who keep getting all the screen time. Sonny should have had more time to really express how he felt about what happened and what Nik said to him. There needs to be equal story here, you could see it upset Sonny but it was like it turned into what Nik went through and Gabi playing the innocent again with Rafe and saying Will is okay with giving up his rights and that's not true. Glad that it affected Will that he is now stepping up but I wanted to see more of Will and Sonny together talking about things just like they do for Nik/Gabi and EJ/Sami.
Yes I agree. I would have liked them to have shown more with Will and Sonny talking too. They always get such short scenes and no real touching scenes. I am disappointed in their scenes this week.

Cameron and Abigail are boring. John and MarLena need to let Brady do what he wants. He is an adult so treat him like one. Let him make his own mistakes and learn from them. Dannifer is boring.

The only story I care about is Will and Sonny and the baby. Nick can go back to prison where he still belongs. Gabby can have the baby and then share custody with Will. Will and Sonny can then be together.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Okay, did anyone else think "sexual chocolate" when they saw "sexual comfort"?

Just me??

On the Lucas/Allie/Sami stuff, I like Ejami, I want them to be together, I want Sami to be written just as she's being written...and that Sami would just up & move her kids without consulting anyone.

Having said that, I want Lucas to be mad. I want him to get all in Sami's shit about it. I wish it would be an ongoing story. But it won't. We know from tweets from BD he's got no story & hasn't been on screen much.

I agree with Tom, there's ALOT right now that I really like, but there's plenty of room for improvement. For instance, why in the bloody hell are we seeing so much Dannifer who are TERRIBLE & forced vs seeing a good story that involved Lucas & Sami fighting about where Allie lived etc.

I think there's plenty of us who think the show is much improved (& that has little to do with our ship being together) but realize there are still some areas that need work.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
SocRMum1
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1

I would add taking all the spark from Nicole while pairing her with the most lackluster man on canvas. And, the thrown together sexual bed buddies, just because we don't have anything else for them at this point, Rafe and Kate.

Yep those are all some compelling stories. I can't tell you how I sit on the edge of my seat in anticipation for more. :ermm:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 27 2013, 08:59 AM
All the believable motivations, snarky dialogue, and history shout outs in the world aren't going to make up for the shoddy characterizations, frequent 180s, and dull as dirt featured actors.
But I actually like most of the characterizations and featured actors now. I fully admit that some of the characterizations are not consistent with who these characters were years ago, but I gave up worrying about character consistency quite awhile ago when it became abundantly clear that it was no longer a concern of the show after so many HW changes. Therefore, the only thing I look for now regarding characterizations is whether they are entertaining and play to the strengths of actor. For example, take Nick. No way do I buy that the shy geek of yesteryear would be the mastermind behind the Wabi baby story. But BB is killing it in this role and Nick is all kinds of entertaining, so I look past it. And no way do I buy that Sami would go to Stefano for help, but AS is so much better when playing a bitchy, selfish schemer and Sami is actually an entertaining character again, so again, I look past it.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 27 2013, 10:29 AM
lysie
But I actually like most of the characterizations and featured actors now. I fully admit that some of the characterizations are not consistent with who these characters were years ago, but I gave up worrying about character consistency quite awhile ago when it became abundantly clear that it was no longer a concern of the show after so many HW changes. Therefore, the only thing I look for now regarding characterizations is whether they are entertaining and play to the strengths of actor. For example, take Nick. No way do I buy that the shy geek of yesteryear would be the mastermind behind the Wabi baby story. But BB is killing it in this role and Nick is all kinds of entertaining, so I look past it. And no way do I buy that Sami would go to Stefano for help, but AS is so much better when playing a bitchy, selfish schemer and Sami is actually an entertaining character again, so again, I look past it.
I guess that's fine if you do actually find them entertaining but I don't find EJ, Nick, Will, Sonny, Gabi, Sami, John, Brady, Kristen, Jennifer, Daniel, Chloe, Nancy, Maggie, Victor, Stefano, Chad, Kate, Rafe, Marlena, Caroline, Hope, Abby, or Chad entertaining with their current characterizations. They're all boring and even ignoring their past characterizations nothing any of them are doing makes a lick of sense. And I think all of the actors are currently sucking right now. If they're not dull and expressionless, they're OTT and inconsistent. Nothing is being played to anyone's strength that I've seen. I think some of the story structure itself is fine...in maybe two stories (baby story and Eric/Nicole). And one of those stories gets maybe one air day a week. The other stories are terrible.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

tomsawyer
Mar 27 2013, 10:29 AM
lysie
You can't tell me you like Ej the way he's being written....to be able to actually believe it, you gave him another name....lol...and let's face it Sami might be bitchy nowadays, but she was also bitchy and stupid and all that other stuff when she was targeting it toward EJ not too long ago, difference now is that she is targeting it away from him and toward others...and she's not praising Rafe as if he was the best thing since sliced bread. That is a slight improvement from the heroine days but she seems to praising the wrong people, at least then she had a reason to praise Rafe as he wasn't a mob boss and he was on her side through some difficult times....Now she is doing that to the likes of Stefano and to a point with Ej, when you think about it, that is even more unbelievable. Sure it's not the first time she moved into the mansion and not the first time that it make absolutely no sense but it's the first time that I can remember that she went to Stefano for help with a matter without actually trying and failing a few times to do it herself. IMHO I have no problems with the way they are writing Sami now and not because I love it but because I no longer care what they do to her and that is how I feel about 75% of the characters...you name them there is an issue...Jenn, Dan, John, Marlena, Brady, Chloe, Will, etc..and I haven't even named a good majority of the characters that have been destroyed to further plot.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

aimees76
Mar 26 2013, 06:48 PM
Maybe Lucas should fake Allie's kidnapping & imminent death. Maybe some bloody clothes at the playground? That'll teach her. Oh no wait, that's only okay when Ej does it because THAT'S when it's justified and Sami deserves it.
Posted Image

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lumifan4life85
SocRMum1
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1

Exactly...Tomlin should shoulder some of the blame that Higley received so much of...its clear to me that a lot of it was him and Higley was scapegoated for almost all of it.

That being said, the show IS better (not by leaps or bounds, but just better) under TomSell now than it was under Higley with TomSell as EP...but then we also didn't have Broderick back then....who knows how much Broderick is balancing things behind the scenes.

There is a reason she was SPECIFICALLY brought in when TomSell assumed HW duties.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 27 2013, 10:58 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 27 2013, 10:53 AM
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1
lumifan4life85

Exactly...Tomlin should shoulder some of the blame that Higley received so much of...its clear to me that a lot of it was him and Higley was scapegoated for almost all of it.

I understand that he's in a different role now, but even when Higley's stuff aired we were giving Tomlin a lot of the blame. That was mostly due to comments from actors and Tomlin's own quotes in SOD. I'm not sure when we decided to absolve him of that, lol.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Mar 27 2013, 10:56 AM
Mitchapalooza
Mar 27 2013, 10:53 AM
lumifan4life85
SocRMum1

I understand that he's in a different role now, but even when Higley's stuff aired we were giving Tomlin a lot of the blame. That was mostly due to comments from actors and Tomlin's own quotes in SOD. I'm not sure when we decided to absolve him of that, lol.
I am not saying none of us were blaming him or that he was absolved of anything...just that he should have received more then he was getting.

The level of hate/disdain being thrown at Higley was MUCH higher than it was towards Tomlin....and I myself was a huge "Fire Higley" supporter.

I really question now how much was her and much was Tomlin and I certainly believe now that some of my own disdain should have been more evenly directed at Tomlin AND Higley.

BearsBB

MericP
Mar 26 2013, 11:17 PM
tomsawyer
Mar 26 2013, 02:31 PM
samwel
Mar 26 2013, 02:22 PM
DawnElicia

Right, Sami can live wherever the fuck she chooses and her kids when it is her turn. She had a right to inform him, but that is as far as it goes, he has no say in the matter. This is what the third time Allie is living there, its a home she is accustomed to.
I think Lucas should have a say where Allie is spending a good share of her since they appear to have joint custody of her. Restrictions on where kids can live is a pretty normal part of custody agreements, isn't it? Now, I have zero desire to sit through an Allie custody battle, but I'm glad that they're at least having a scene where Lucas is upset about his daughter living at DiMansion again. It would be weird if he was just cool with it.
Right.

Sami just can't take Allie anywhere she likes. Legally, Lucas DOES have a say. In this case, he should keep
Allie and Sami should have visitation since the mansion isn't a good place for kids.
Sami should let Lucas know her plans for Allie ahead of time and with that being said I would also say very adamantly that I always laugh when I hear Lucas complain about EJ the criminal. When did Lucas become such a saint and paragon of virtue? Lucas and his family have been as evil as anyone on the show and have committed numerous horrible acts and crimes themselves. Does he keep Allie away from Kate because I would object to any association of my child her evil skankiness? Lets just say when it comes to who has done the most horrible things to others I think it is safe to say we have long lists for each family including murders, attempted murders, framing our enemies, etc. etc. etc. Playing tit for tat on who is worse with this group of characters is just silly. All their scheming and evilness is why we watch and enjoy the games they play.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply