Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 1st; *updated 3/25*
Topic Started: Mar 20 2013, 10:25 AM (45,499 Views)
newlabone

the writers are starting to go back to their former writing style. the past several month the story was good strong and focused and the storeys were interesting. now slowly you can see the writing starting to revert back as it was before, dull boring no direction. who ever rattled the writers cage before had better do it quickly before dool returns to the mess it was in before its to late. its proven good writing great story, viewers will tune in ratings will go up, as proven. cameron a stripper , really get on with the cameron/nicole/baby story .this shows another need to shake the writers at dool again, they are loosing focus. remember amc and oltl will soon be on the soap screen again. refocus writer get the good storys going again. oh btw thank goodness the danifer/chole story will soon end cause its as boring as kate/rafe. refocus people whos wrint this crap, there lots of ideas out there, so consider them. :wave:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Pookie
Mar 30 2013, 01:03 PM
Cathalina
Mar 30 2013, 12:22 PM
Pookie
Mar 30 2013, 11:03 AM
LuvingLumi
Mar 28 2013, 05:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepZap2it Week April 1st
RE: ERIC

When I first came to the board, I floated a theory that there was WAY more to what Eric told Nicole about Neema and his time in the Congo. I'm hoping this call is about her and he flies off to the Congo to help her.

Anyone want to hear my Neema theory? ;)
***waving hands*** I DO! I DO!

Probably better than what we are going to get in reality.
OK!

Well, think about it. Eric has a lot on his plate at the church and JUST started his prisoner release program with Vargas. You'd think the LAST thing Eric would do is take off somewhere. So, whatever it is, it must be pretty major. This leads me to my theory that I formed after seeing Eric's confession about Neema, Father Ryan and the Congo revolution:

http://youtu.be/ly60A-N-ykM

When Eric talked about Neema, he seemed rather fond of her. He said she was a teenager. She could have been 18, and this was 10 - 12 years ago before he became a priest. So Eric was probably in his mid 20s then. Anyhoo, my theory is that Eric did more than just teach Neema about photography. I think they had a relationship. And when the rebels invaded the village, that one guy targeted Neema because he picked up on that and taunted Eric to take her place to test his feelings for her. You know, were they real or was he just having a fling. He froze and father Ryan stepped in and died for both of them. Eric seemed pretty devastated when he told Nicole that Neema wanted nothing more to do with him afterwards.

Eric seems deeply guilt ridden about his past and thinks turning to the priesthood "saved him". He keeps referring to it; but no one has questioned why he thought he needed to be saved. I mean, I wasn't watching 12 years ago but from everything I've read, Eric was pretty much the opposite of Sami. A goody-two shoes. So I'm deducing that whatever he did in the Congo is the thing that left him traumatized and guilt ridden and in need of "saving."

So back to today. Eric suddenly has to leave Salem. Why? I'm guessing that he's gotten news about Neema in the Congo and is leaving to find her or help her.

NOW - if the writers are working towards bringing Eric and Nicole together as a couple, something MAJOR needs to happen to force Eric to give up the priesthood. They can't have Nicole tempt him away with sex. She'd be looked upon as even more of a pariah. She'd be like the whore of Babylon. And I think the writer's goal is to redeem Nicole with the help of Eric's love.

So what could POSSIBLY tear Eric away from the priesthood and eventually pave the way for Eric and Nicole to become a real couple? A CHILD. What if Eric finds out that he fathered a child with Neema and never knew. He said Neema wanted nothing more to do with him after the incident. She probably took off afterwards leaving Eric tortured and guilt ridden.

What if Eric comes back to Salem with his child? He'd have to leave the priesthood to take care of him or her. I don't know if Neema will return too. Maybe Neema dies and Eric is notified because he's the father of her child. If Eric leaves the priesthood to raise his child, then he would be open to having a relationship with Nicole. And Nicole might finally get the opportunity to raise a child of her own.
I like it, it sounds great but it likely won't happen, this is Days after all

Cathalina

Pookie
Mar 30 2013, 01:03 PM
Cathalina
Mar 30 2013, 12:22 PM
Pookie
Mar 30 2013, 11:03 AM
LuvingLumi
Mar 28 2013, 05:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepZap2it Week April 1st
RE: ERIC

When I first came to the board, I floated a theory that there was WAY more to what Eric told Nicole about Neema and his time in the Congo. I'm hoping this call is about her and he flies off to the Congo to help her.

Anyone want to hear my Neema theory? ;)
***waving hands*** I DO! I DO!

Probably better than what we are going to get in reality.
OK!

Well, think about it. Eric has a lot on his plate at the church and JUST started his prisoner release program with Vargas. You'd think the LAST thing Eric would do is take off somewhere. So, whatever it is, it must be pretty major. This leads me to my theory that I formed after seeing Eric's confession about Neema, Father Ryan and the Congo revolution:

http://youtu.be/ly60A-N-ykM

When Eric talked about Neema, he seemed rather fond of her. He said she was a teenager. She could have been 18, and this was 10 - 12 years ago before he became a priest. So Eric was probably in his mid 20s then. Anyhoo, my theory is that Eric did more than just teach Neema about photography. I think they had a relationship. And when the rebels invaded the village, that one guy targeted Neema because he picked up on that and taunted Eric to take her place to test his feelings for her. You know, were they real or was he just having a fling. He froze and father Ryan stepped in and died for both of them. Eric seemed pretty devastated when he told Nicole that Neema wanted nothing more to do with him afterwards.

Eric seems deeply guilt ridden about his past and thinks turning to the priesthood "saved him". He keeps referring to it; but no one has questioned why he thought he needed to be saved. I mean, I wasn't watching 12 years ago but from everything I've read, Eric was pretty much the opposite of Sami. A goody-two shoes. So I'm deducing that whatever he did in the Congo is the thing that left him traumatized and guilt ridden and in need of "saving."

So back to today. Eric suddenly has to leave Salem. Why? I'm guessing that he's gotten news about Neema in the Congo and is leaving to find her or help her.

NOW - if the writers are working towards bringing Eric and Nicole together as a couple, something MAJOR needs to happen to force Eric to give up the priesthood. They can't have Nicole tempt him away with sex. She'd be looked upon as even more of a pariah. She'd be like the whore of Babylon. And I think the writer's goal is to redeem Nicole with the help of Eric's love.

So what could POSSIBLY tear Eric away from the priesthood and eventually pave the way for Eric and Nicole to become a real couple? A CHILD. What if Eric finds out that he fathered a child with Neema and never knew. He said Neema wanted nothing more to do with him after the incident. She probably took off afterwards leaving Eric tortured and guilt ridden.

What if Eric comes back to Salem with his child? He'd have to leave the priesthood to take care of him or her. I don't know if Neema will return too. Maybe Neema dies and Eric is notified because he's the father of her child. If Eric leaves the priesthood to raise his child, then he would be open to having a relationship with Nicole. And Nicole might finally get the opportunity to raise a child of her own.

(Disclaimer: Whatever I say I like, the writers do the opposite. So, as to not offend the soap gods since I apparently I unknowingly ran over their puppy and have earned their wrath, I am writing the following...)

Oh no! I can't ever see that happening! What a terrible idea! ;)
Edited by Cathalina, Mar 30 2013, 01:56 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 30 2013, 12:20 PM
gailwinters
Mar 30 2013, 09:03 AM
I don't think Stefano will be concerned about breaking Kate and Rafe up. That's too pedestrian for him....he would have a lot more fun toying with one or both of them, probably Kate.
If they are asking his help with a custody issue in which Team Will has two frickin lawyers who probably could handle it, breaking up Rate would seem to be right up his alley IMO. If he could break up Ejami with it, why not.
I'm not convinced that Stefano will want to break up EJami.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Mar 30 2013, 02:52 PM
Cathalina
gailwinters
I don't think Stefano will be concerned about breaking Kate and Rafe up. That's too pedestrian for him....he would have a lot more fun toying with one or both of them, probably Kate.
If they are asking his help with a custody issue in which Team Will has two frickin lawyers who probably could handle it, breaking up Rate would seem to be right up his alley IMO. If he could break up Ejami with it, why not.
I am not convinced that it is something that Stefano wants to do, in fact I think quite the contrary, I think Stefano is pleased that EJ is with Sami I think he see it more like Sami can be an asset to the Dimera family on the one way or the other :)

concerned
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Mar 30 2013, 03:08 PM
gailwinters
Cathalina
gailwinters
I am not convinced that it is something that Stefano wants to do, in fact I think quite the contrary, I think Stefano is pleased that EJ is with Sami I think he see it more like Sami can be an asset to the Dimera family on the one way or the other :)
He may change his mind after living with her for a week.

Kriss4

See?

Daniel cannot be without a woman for any length of time. He's too weak to stand on his own. He doesnt waste any time making a move. He'll use Chloe for comfort and then discard her. The fact that Chloe's willing to accept it...wants him that badly after the way he treated her before...it doesn't say a lot for any kind of self-respect on her part. She engineers this, but it's too desperate.

Who do we root for?

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

concerned
Mar 30 2013, 03:10 PM
The Scorpion
gailwinters
Cathalina

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
lol, so true :)

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Mar 30 2013, 03:11 PM
See?

Daniel cannot be without a woman for any length of time. He's too weak to stand on his own. He doesnt waste any time making a move. He'll use Chloe for comfort and then discard her. The fact that Chloe's willing to accept it...wants him that badly after the way he treated her before...it doesn't say a lot for any kind of self-respect on her part. She engineers this, but it's too desperate.

Who do we root for?

:shrug: Steve and Kayla.They were my last rootable couple. Damn, I'm old. :blulaugh:

Cathalina

concerned
Mar 30 2013, 03:10 PM
The Scorpion
gailwinters
Cathalina

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't know. Since everyone and their dog went out of character to prop them maybe Stefano is too. Still, his greeting was too warm. A little to much "Welcome to my parlor said the spider to the fly" going on.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kriss4
See?

Who do we root for?

I root for whoever I please, even though that usually means I'm left unhappy. But, at least I don't feel uncomfortable. In this whole Fetch thing? I'm rooting for Nancy and Nicole. Chloe lost me when she was bitchy to my girl Nikki.
On the Will thing, I'm team Nick. I don't care. I know in my soul my geeky Nick has some inward turmoil causing this, even if they never write it.
I'm Team Rate. Even though, yeah, whatever. I like them!
Ericole? I might end up being team Vicole.
Bristol? Meh.

Kriss4

ArizonaDaze
Mar 30 2013, 03:20 PM
Kriss4
See?

Who do we root for?

:shrug: Steve and Kayla.They were my last rootable couple. Damn, I'm old. :blulaugh:
Steve and Kayla are apart, but...I think they've been treated better than jack and Jennifer. Kayla has admitted being upset with Steve for his isa decision, but she doesn't spend a lot of time tearing him down and she didnt leap into another relationship the minute the divorce came into story.

Of course, they don't use Kayla beyond her role as a doctor and supportive friend, either.

That frustrates me, actually. I'd like to see her life more.

AFaithL

Kriss4
See?

Who do we root for?

Well, I'm rooting for Nicole with either Eric or Vargas.

And John/Marlena.

And Chad/Abby.

And a redeemed/repentant Kristen paired with a smart and sexy Brady.

And Hope to get a new man.

And EJ/Sami to stay total badasses. But also lots of good Lucas/Sami partnering and scheming as frenemies.

But right now all the stories suck. It's not the actors fault, or the chemistry between the pairings. It's he lackluster writing and crappy characterizations for these otherwise HIGHLY watchable pairings. If the stories fail, then it all fails.

Daytime
Member Avatar

TV Guide Previews

4/1, Jennifer is forced to break up with Daniel; Kate's discovery threatens to expose Chloe's plan; Sami and Will start to reestablish a bond with Stefano; Vargas confronts Nick; Eric gets upsetting news.

4/2, A hurt Daniel lashes out at Chloe; John asks Sami for a favor involving his son; Kristen is once again approached by Sy, who wants hush money; Will realizes that Nick is rattled about something.

4/3, Kristen enlists EJ's help to deal with Sy; Sonny reveals Rafe and Kate's secret to Will; Chad and Abigail are determined to uncover Cameron's secret; Daniel pulls Jennifer into a passionate kiss.

4/4, Jennifer publicly humiliates Daniel; Lucas yells at Sami for moving Allie into the DiMera mansion; Vargas informs Nick that he's about to get his hands on some money; Abigail and Chad track Cameron to Chicago.

4/5, Daniel seeks comfort from Chloe; Hope and Kristen question Jennifer's motives for dumping Daniel; Eric reveals to Nicole that he may be getting transferred; Abigail and Chad are shocked when they discover Cameron's secret.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'll pass.

I root for John & Marlena. I just wish they'd come back.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Other than the dannifer stuff, this is kinda interesting.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

I've been saying ever since Eric came back as a priest, there was more to the story. I still say he's an ISA agent and is undercover.

spartan
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Cathalina
gailwinters
Stefano has pretty much had the best 'access' to Johnny and Sydney when EJami were together living at DiMansion. I believe he recognizes this. It may change but for now I don't see where the advantage would be for him to break them up.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe... :headbang: MAKE. IT. STOP.
John & Marlena ANYTHING... :applause:
Eric as an undercover ISA priest (who marries J&M...for some reason...and tells them and ONLY them that he's not a real priest & they start a SMOKIN hott :sex4: affair)... :pray:
Hope explaining PLAUSIBLY...where the hell Bo is... :pray:
Stefano/Sami... :fight: :popcorn:
Chad/Abigail... :thumbsup:
Nicole in ANY scene... :iagree:
Pretty much everything & everyone else... :thumbsdown:

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Mar 30 2013, 10:56 PM
Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe... :headbang: MAKE. IT. STOP.
John & Marlena ANYTHING... :applause:
Eric as an undercover ISA priest (who marries J&M...for some reason...and tells them and ONLY them that he's not a real priest & they start a SMOKIN hott :sex4: affair)... :pray:
Hope explaining PLAUSIBLY...where the hell Bo is... :pray:
Stefano/Sami... :fight: :popcorn:
Chad/Abigail... :thumbsup:
Nicole in ANY scene... :iagree:
Pretty much everything & everyone else... :thumbsdown:
LOL!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply