Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, March 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 21 2013, 08:01 AM (11,055 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

And also, I only made it in 11 minutes today. Mostly different actors/characters than yesterday. They all suck now.
Online Profile Goto Top

zyona

Deverauxfan
Mar 21 2013, 04:18 PM
They know Fetch is hated. They just don't care.

Who is Fetch?
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Ireland98
Mar 21 2013, 01:27 PM
The Sami and Will scenes were the highlight for me. I was cracking up! Snarky Willl is great. An improvement from the depressed and boring Will we've seen lately. We all know Will will be right because going to Stefano probably won't end well.

Dannifer are just plain torture!

Totally agree.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

zyona
Mar 21 2013, 08:14 PM
Deverauxfan

Who is Fetch?
Dannifer, because tptb need to stop trying to make them happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 21 2013, 07:57 PM
So I'm confused. Does the show actually think that they wrote the Will/shooting storyline in a way that makes Roman, Hope, and Bo guilty of anything?
It's only very recently that the idea that anyone besides Lucas would get in trouble if Will confessed. It's a retcon, and it's clearly designed to explain why Will is so reluctant to confess. I have no doubt both Lucas and Will would risk jail time rather than submit to Nick's blackmail, but if it's about ruining Roman, Hope and Bo's careers and reputations, that's a much bigger deal.

I still think it's BS. They would have used their influence to make sure Will (rightfully) ended up in a sanitarium rather than let Lucas take the fall.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

lysie
Mar 21 2013, 07:57 PM
So I'm confused. Does the show actually think that they wrote the Will/shooting storyline in a way that makes Roman, Hope, and Bo guilty of anything?
if that opinion about Roman/Bo/Hope getting in trouble is just coming from Nick or Will, then it's possible that it's just Nick's 2nd hand info assumption that they would and Will being afraid that he's right and that he needs to protect everyone & anyone that could potentially get in trouble if the truth about EJ's shooting came out. If the opinion is coming from anyone else, then writers need to go do their research.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Supergirlx2
Mar 21 2013, 05:47 PM
Deverauxfan

Didn't Corday say something a short while back about how they didn't want to have suprcouples & that they liked having stories/couples that not everyone liked because it sparked discussion, or made people want to watch? (or some version of something along those lines)
They don't hate supercouples. They just want their own supercouples. Ones they can say "I built that one."
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Split on today's show.

The Dannifer and Chloe stuff is beyond dreadful. When will this show get a clue that Dannifer is as interesting as watching paint dry? And the fact they brought Chloe back and not only wasted her but also made her character that much more unlikeable is beyond me. The Chloe I once loved seems to be long gone.

Loved the Will and Sami scenes. Though I still feel Will is lacking for me. I can't put my finger on it but something has just been missing with Will for months now.

Nicole/Vargas and Eric were all kinds of fun together. I don't see Vargas as hot as some others but i also don't mind seeing him shirtless :lol: .

The highlight though for me today was Sonny and EJ. Maybe it's just because they've hardly shared any scenes together. Today was like their first real scenes together. But damn they are kind of hot together. I know it's just the way EJ comes across to people but still I enjoyed it. I love how EJ is trying to get the inner Kiriaks to come out in Sonny and Sonny seemed to enjoy the way EJ was trying to persuade him. Watching them makes me feel sad over Wilson. Sonny has major sparks with Brian and now EJ. Really Sonny has chemistry with just about everybody. Yet, when Will and Sonny are together the steam is missing right now. It used to be there and I want it to return again. I still like Wilson but I want to love them again.
Edited by michr544125, Mar 21 2013, 09:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

If only TPTB would put a tenth of the effort into Ericole, Wilson, and Jarlena as they do into Dannifer, this show would be so much better in the love department. But, no. They just keep churning out obstacle after obstacle/throwing one character after another under the proverbial bus to prop the new "supercouple"... :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Mar 21 2013, 08:04 PM
And also, I only made it in 11 minutes today. Mostly different actors/characters than yesterday. They all suck now.
I haven't been able to watch the show since last Wednesday, it's been incredible boring no matter who they throw up on that screen....
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 21 2013, 10:11 PM
lysie
I haven't been able to watch the show since last Wednesday, it's been incredible boring no matter who they throw up on that screen....
The actors all seem off to me. Maybe they're all confused, idk.
Online Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

angie37
Mar 21 2013, 10:05 PM
If only TPTB would put a tenth of the effort into Ericole, Wilson, and Jarlena as they do into Dannifer, this show would be so much better in the love department. But, no. They just keep churning out obstacle after obstacle/throwing one character after another under the proverbial bus to prop the new "supercouple"... :rolleyes:
Not just Dannifer...the existing couples of the show today (no need to name those, not worthy of space) are NOWHERE the likes of Jarlena, Bope, Roman/Marlena (Wayne Northrop days), Jack/Jennifer, Shane/Kim, Steve/Kayla in terms of chemistry and real love story. Heck, they are nowhere near let's say a Tony/Anna or a Eugene/ Calliope in terms of entertainment value.

Writers have thrown out the concept of the "supercouple" out of the window over the recent years. Most of the couplings in this show now have been revolting...to say the least. :blulaugh:
Edited by chinkybig, Mar 21 2013, 10:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

The EJ/Sonny scenes were an unexpected treat and loved the EJAMI scenes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

lysie
Mar 21 2013, 10:14 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 21 2013, 10:11 PM
lysie
The actors all seem off to me. Maybe they're all confused, idk.
Yeah, I think I'm taking a break from the show. The horrendous writing for John and Marlena has turned me off and made this show unwatchable for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovingDays

cant freaking stand dannifer better not see them on my screen tomorrow ohhhh wait im 100% they will be on
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

LovingDays
Mar 21 2013, 11:52 PM
cant freaking stand dannifer better not see them on my screen tomorrow ohhhh wait im 100% they will be on
Since I fast forwarded through all the Dannifer and Chloe scenes, I watched the show in about 10 minutes. That's just sad how much airtime the Dannifer story continues to monopolize.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Aside from Dannifer just being horrible. No scene has ever left me more "WTF just happened?" than the scene with John, Marlena, and Brady in the hotel. None of three had a clue how to play that scene and they were all SO off. I couldn't believe it. Deidre Hall has been around forever and she looked like she didn't know where the hell she was. I'm not even blaming her because the writing was so bad all around. The show hasn't really recovered from that moment for me. I almost couldn't breathe when I was watching it. I didn't even know if Brady overheard John and Marlena's discussion...normally that may have been a good thing, but the actors weren't playing it any way. It was like they didn't even know. I dunno, I'm still not over it.

Are these the scenes that Drake tweeted that he wasn't sure how to play or was that too recent? Because he sure as hell didn't know how to play these either. Just a couple weeks ago I was loving almost everything about the show and now I find myself picking things to talk good about because I'm not trying to be completely negative.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67, the acting during the hotel scene with John, Marlena and Brady gave me a flashback to how Dee and Drake acted sometimes during the Lagan contrived way out-from-left-field story line of Brady hating Marlena when Kyle Lowder first came on the show. I've been getting a similar vibe from the DHs during that time and today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

angie37
Mar 21 2013, 10:05 PM
This! Cosigned x1000.

The thing about Dannifer is that it's so unnatural. You can feel the writers and actors begging for us to love them, which never works. You're supposed to think about the characters, not the effort going into the performances. SC always tries really hard, I'll give him that, and even MR was working hard yesterday. But it doesn't make Dannifer any good.

Meanwhile, Sonny and EJ felt effortless to me. I saw them as their characters, and I was just delighted to see their two warring perspectives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Mar 22 2013, 07:47 AM
DiMeraFan67, the acting during the hotel scene with John, Marlena and Brady gave me a flashback to how Dee and Drake acted sometimes during the Lagan contrived way out-from-left-field story line of Brady hating Marlena when Kyle Lowder first came on the show. I've been getting a similar vibe from the DHs during that time and today.
I love them, but it seems like they are not willing to play ball with this story. I would call it unprofessional if it were other people, but they have earned the right to be shown a little respect. The story is horrible for those two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic