Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, March 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 21 2013, 08:01 AM (11,145 Views)
PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Herb Stein
Scriptwriter: Richard Cullition

Segment 1: Gabi reacts to Nick's statement about Will signing away his parental rights. Gabi - No, that doesn't make any sense. Why would Will do that? She picks up her phone. Nick - What are you doing? Gabi - I'm going to call Will; find out what happened. Nick - I already told you what happened. Gabi - Well then I'm going to figure out why it happened. Nick takes her phone. Does it really matter? It's the same arrangement we had before anyone knew that Will was the father. Gabi - This is exactly my point. Now everyone knows that he is the father; that completely changes everything. Nick - Why? Gabi - Because for one thing I know for sure that Will would never just sign his baby away unless someone was holding a gun to his head okay. Nick - Well actually it was something kind of like that.

Will and Sami sit on the park bench. Sami hates that he's sad and it's because of her. Nick never would have made you sign that if it weren't for me. Will - Sonny said, and I think he's right, that he was going to use what he had on me anyway and what you did was just kind of an excuse for him. Sami didn't think she could hate that guy anymore than she already does. I know why you did what you did. I know you were thinking about your Dad, your grandpa, your Aunt Hope ... Will - They're my family. I couldn't sell them down the river. Sami - And you didn't but this isn't over. I'm going to make sure that you can be a real father to your daughter and I know how to make that happen. Will - It is truly amazing how you never change. I don't know how many times I've asked you to stay out of this and you keep trying to push your way back in. Sami - This situation is untenable. You can't think you can go through life pretending your daughter doesn't exist. Will - You don't use words like untenable Mom, EJ uses words like untenable so that means not only are you not keeping out of this, you're taking your cues from him. Sami - Every day you're not with your daughter is going to hurt more ... Will - I know that but I signed the paper and it's over. Sami - That deal isn't worth the piece of paper you signed it on. Nick was blackmailing you; that's not binding. Will - Is that EJ talking? Sami - No, this is me. What Nick is doing is morally, ethically and legally wrong. You just give me the green light and I can make sure that you are part of your daughter's life and I can make sure Gabi and Nick are shut down. I can make sure that you are the one who decides how you want your daughter raised.

EJ and Eric are at the coffeehouse. EJ hands over a cheque for the school. Eric - Thank you. You've been very generous. I'll have Nicole send you a receipt for your tax records. EJ - How is Nicole?

Vargas - Sorry if I scared you. I didn't hear you come in. Nicole - It's okay. You're here to fix the heat, right. Vargas puts his shirt back on. I'm going to try. Nicole - Do you mind if I stay or I can take the laptop back to the convent ... whatever. Vargas - I'm not going to be in your way but I might be here a while if you want to do your work somewhere else. Nicole - That's fine. She watches him work and mutters softly 'Boy, fine!'

When Nancy sees Chloe bring a suitcase into the living room she reacts - Are you kidding me! Chloe - Now that Daniel and Jennifer are 2,000 miles apart it's time for me to close that distance between him and me. Nancy - Am I losing my mind or did we not just have a conversation about this being a bad idea. Chloe - If he's in San Francisco, I need to be in San Francisco. Nancy - Have you given any thought about bumping into Daniel 2,000 miles from home. Chloe - Yes. I've thought about it and I've got a plan. Nancy - Deja vu all over again.

Jen - I thought you went to San Francisco. Dan - No I am here and I am here because I love you and I am not going anywhere until I make this right.

Segment 2: Vargas - I think I got it. It feels like it's starting to cool down in here. He walks away. Nicole takes a sip of water - Not really.

Eric - Nicole is doing very well. EJ - Working at the church, living in a convent. Sorry, it's just not her natural habitat. Eric - She's doing much better since we put the wet bar in the rectory. EJ chuckles. Look we're not friends but I know she's been through a lot. Eric - It's a slow process but she's getting there. It may not be her natural habitat but she gets to stay warm??? (not sure what he said) EJ - She's lucky to have you. Eric - It goes both ways. He shakes EJ's hand. Thanks again for the cheque. EJ - Of course. It wasn't easy for you, was it? Eric - God teaches us to reach out to sinners especially sinners with deep pockets. He leaves. EJ asks Sonny how William is holding up. Sonny - Not great. Losing the rights to his kid is bad enough but to be shoved around by that snivelling, low life piece of ... EJ - You really sound like you want to rip him limb to limb. Sonny - Something like that, yeah. EJ - What if I were to tell you that there may be a way that we could make William's pain go away.

Gabi - What did you do Nick? Nick - Will knows that his baby almost died because of his mother. Maybe he signed his rights away to make sure she left you and the baby alone. Gabi - Really? Nick - Yeah and maybe now that he's back with Sonny he thought it would be best for the baby if he stepped aside. Like I said it's exactly where we were before, putting the baby first. So when we sign Arianna Grace's birth certificate I'll be the father and the 3 of us can be the perfect, little, happy family that we always dreamed of. Gabi - No, no, no. I'm right, you did something to make Will walk away from his daughter.

Will - Mom, just because Nick thought it was okay to take the baby away from me does not mean I think it's okay to take my baby away from Gabi. I want my daughter to have both of her parent's in her life. Sami - I'm not talking about taking the baby away from Gabi. I just want to make sure you're in the baby's life. Sami - All Nick has is that recording he made of you talking about the fact that you shot EJ and the evidence the police have in the evidence locker. Will - Does he need anything else? Sami - All I'm saying is if the recording and the evidence disappear then he has nothing. Like EJ said, once that stuff is gone then there's no way he can make that agreement stick. We'd be homefree! Will - Great. Destroy the evidence at the police station and we'll be homefree. That's simple. Sami - It's not impossible. Your father and I almost had it the other ... Will - OMG. Sami - It isn't a big deal. Will - It is a big deal Mom. I signed that piece of paper to protect Dad and you talked him into trying to steal something from the police station. Sami - Your father cares about you. We both do but we have a better plan now. There is someone I know who can help you; someone who can make sure that evidence disappears; make sure the recording disappears by barely lifting a finger. And with a little bit of time this person can be convinced to help you. Will - Let me see if I have this right. You involve Dad and now you want to involve Grandpa. Why don't we get great-Grandma involved ... why don't we have Ciara be the lookout. Sami - I'm not talking about my Dad, I'm talking about Stefano.

Chloe is on the phone. Thanks Barry, I owe you big time. After she hangs up she says Done. Nancy - What's done? Chloe - That was a guy I worked with last year in Chicago and he got me an audtion to do some voiceover work. Nancy - In San Francisco. Chloe - So when I bump into Daniel I will have a good reason to be there. She hugs Nancy. Thanks for taking Parker to see Dad and Joy. At least I won't have to worry about him when I go to get him his Daddy back. Nancy - You really think that Daniel's going to believe that you bumping into him is kismet and not just the end of a string of an elaborately staged event. Chloe - Why do you have to be like this! Can't you see that I have everything going for me right now. Nancy - Yes but Daniel is not an idiot. Chloe - No he's not but he's hurt and vulnerable. He and Jennifer are at each other's throats and she's here and he's there. And there's another thing - it's the most important thing. Nancy - What's that? Chloe - Since I've been back I've been able to see that deep down inside his heart, he still wants me. Nancy just rolls her eyes.

Jen comes in. Dan - I went to your house to talk to you one more time to try and figure out why we're just not getting on the same page and Kristen stopped me. Jen - So. Dan - She just flat out asked me if I had slept with Chloe. Of course I told her I hadn't. Jen - Again, so? Dan - So she went on and she told me where you got that idea. That you came to my hotel room to talk to me and Chloe opened the door and you saw me passed out in the bed. Jen - Yeah, you already knew that. Dan - No I didn't know that. All I knew was that I drank too much and I was making a fool of myself. But what I didn't know was that you saw me there and Chloe. Jen - So wait a minute. When I slapped you you had no idea why I did that. Dan - Not until an hour ago. And I didn't know that's what Chloe went to talk to you about. Now that I know what happened, I think I got off easy with a slap. Jen - No, you didn't deserve that. You don't deserve any of this. I had no idea ... Dan - You don't deserve it. You don't because when I think of what you've been through and the thoughts that must have been in your head ... OMG. Believe me, Chloe is going to have to answer for what she did but that's not what's important here. What's important here is that I love you and I hate that I didn't listen to you well enough and long enought to get that their were bigger problems going on. I'm sorry. I am so sorry. Jen - I can see that. I can see how sorry you are. I still don't understand why she apologised to me for what happened because nothing happened and I believe that. So why do you think she was apologising to me? It doesn't make sense. Dan - Remember when we said we were going to be honest with each other ... here goes ... that night Chloe came to my place to return my hospital badge and I was drunk and she came on to me and kissed me.

Segment 3: Sonny and EJ sit down at a table. Sonny - What exactly do you mean? Make Will's pain go away. EJ - It seems to me at this moment that William has just accepted the fact that Nick is calling all the shots. Sonny - Isn't that pretty much the way it is? EJ - It seems a little defeatist, don't you think? Sonny - I'm sorry, I don't see another option. EJ - There are always other options. The question is whether or not you have the stomach to exercise them. Sonny - Are you talking about something illegal? EJ - Nick is blackmailing William, that's not legal, is it?

Gabi - You once told me that you had something on the Horton's and you never told me what that was. Did you blackmail Will into this? Nick - Gabi, I was out of my mind when you almost ... Gabi - So that's a yes. Nick - There was no way I was going to let that woman do that to you again. Gabi - Fine. Okay, keep Sami away but not Will. Nick - Do you really think that Will is strong enough to keep Sami backed off? No! As long as Will has access to our baby so does that woman and there's more. When Sonny showed up at the hospital that night ... Gabi - Wait, Sonny was at the hospital? Nick - Gabi, they made threats. They started talking about a custody battle. They started talking about my prison record and how they were going to use that to keep our baby away from us; how Will and Sonny were going to raise the baby together. Gabi - Will and Sonny? No, Sonny hates me. Nick - So I didn't know what other choice I had.

Will - You want to get Stefano involved in this? Sami - Well EJ and I are together and talking about the next step; moving in together. Will - Please don't tell me what you're about to tell me. Sami - Come on, this is serious. And Stefano's getting up there; it makes sense that EJ would want to spend time with him. Will - You hate Stefano though and now you're talking about moving in with him. Sami - That will make us family. Stefano protects his family. This could work. He already cares about you. Will - The last time I saw Stefano I was pointing a gun at him because he blackmailed me and ruined my life. You know what should happen though. Nick and Stefano and EJ should all get together and have a beer and talk about how they all blackmailed me over the same thing ... Sami - Okay, I knew you would feel this way but this is important. Please, we have to do something. I know you would rather die than not be in your daughter's life ... Will - What you are talking about is worse than what Nick did.

Chloe is on the phone. Yes, I'm only going to need the room for one night then I'll have another place to stay. I have another friend staying at the hotel. I was wondering if you could ring his room and I'd like to stay on the same floor. He what! No! Why would he cancel his reservation.

Dan - Chloe kissed me then I pushed her away and told her she had to go, that I was with you. Jen - Then why didn't you tell me? Dan - First of all I didn't want to upset you more than you already were but mainly I thought it was finally clear with Chloe that there was no chance of getting back together. So for Parker's sake I thought it was best to forget the whole thing. When you told me that Chloe came to you to apologise, I thought that that was what it was about. I thought that you understood everything. Jen - No, that was just Chloe pitting us against each other. It's what she does. Dan - It is not about Chloe. What matters right now is that I love you. I have been confused about a lot of things but never, never about that. I know it's a lot to take in and if you want me to go to give you time to think ... she kisses him. Dan - Does this mean you don't need time to think. Jen - You catch on fast. Dan - So we're good? Jen - We are so good, really good. More kisses.

Segment 4: Nicole - So you fixed everything with just those, huh? Vargas - I'm pretty good with my hands. Nicole - You must feel pretty sure of yourself. Vargas - I saw those tools laying there and figured I'd give it a shot. Eric returns. Nicole, what are you doing here? Nicole - I work here. Eric - I know but I thought ... Nicole - That I'd rather not be here when the potentially violent prisoner you decided to rehabiliate shows up? Someone needs to pick up the paperwork for the invite someone who might kill you in your home program. Oh wait a minute, I mean the Prisoner Release program. Eric - Well then, let me introduce you to Vargas. Nicole - We met. He fixed the radiator. Do you have a bill or something? I can write you a cheque. Vargas - I'm not a plumber. I'm the prisoner release guy.

Gabi - Sonny threatened you. Nick - Threatened us, our baby. Gabi - So you blackmailed Will? Nick - I had no choice. Gabi - You realise that you're still on parole, right? You could go straight to prison ... Nick - No, no,no. I've got them backed into a corner. Gabi - Will does not deserve that. Nick - What about what we deserve, our baby deserves. Will's mother is never going to back off and Sonny is going to keep whispering in Will's ear about you. I had to handle it and I had to handle it fast. And I did not blackmail him. We made a deal. I know something about Will's family that could hurt them. Gabi - Tell me what it is. Nick - It's not important. What is important is that we made a deal. He backs off and I keep my mouth shut about him. It wasn't blackmail. Gabi - Well it sure sounds like it Nick and other then Sami, Will's family has been so good to me, to us. His grandmother, his mother, they set up this amazing wedding for us. Father Eric, you know what he told me today? He said we were making something great out of something bad and it feels like I'm lying to a priest again! I don't want to do that. Nick - Calm down. Father Eric doesn't know anything about the deal so we're not lying to him. Gabi - So who does? Nick - Will, his mother, his father, Sonny and EJ. And those are the only people who should know. Can you go along with it? Do you think you could not tell anybody else?

Sonny - Are you trying to enlist me? Do you think I'm going to pressure Will into doing something ... whatever it is that you're planning. EJ - Don't you want to help him? Sonny - I do but I don't want to manipulate him into doing something he doesn't want to do. Why do you care so much? EJ - I like William and I want his mother to be happy and I think it would be great to crush Nick Fallon like a bug. Don't you think it would be fun? He leaves.

Will - Wow! So you're talking about committing a crime or crimes to cover up the fact that I committed a crime. Sami - You were driven to do what you did. Will - What I did Mom was shoot somebody. I've come to the conclusion that that's almost never a good idea. Sami is going to tell him what she thinks. Will - That's new. Sami - What Nick is doing is worse than shooting someone because he's not just hurting you, he's hurting a helpless, innocent child, your child. Will - By telling the truth? Sami - I can not believe that you are standing here and defending him to me. Will - Well I can't believe that you're moving back to the scene of your own crime. Do you remember when you snuck in there and shot EJ in the head? Are you at least going to have a different bedroom? Sami - EJ and I are in love and I would do anything for you Will. I would sleep on the street in a cardboard box to help you. Will scoffs - You're going to be slumming it in the mansion for sure. I don't want your help because everytime I get it I just need more help from somebody else. Sami - I deserve that. I guess I just push too hard because I am always trying to make up for everything ... make up for the time I spent away from you. You just have to ask yourself this, do you want to someday be saying the same thing to your child.

Chloe tells Nancy she just called the hospital and Daniel cancelled his trip. Now he's not picking up the phone in his hotel room either. Daniel, where are you? She calls his cell.

Dan - Are you sure? I want this to be special. Jen is sure. I know how much you love me so I know it's going to be special. More kisses as they kneel in front of the fireplace.

Segment 5: Nicole - Well, this is awkward. Eric - I was trying to keep it from being like that but you wouldn't shut up. Vargas, this is Nicole Walker. She works here with me and if you try hard enough you might be able to pry an opinion out of her. Vargas - Nice to meet you. Nicole - I'm sorry, it's just that I have a really big mouth. Vargas - Where I spent the last couple of years what you said sounds warm and inviting. I'd shake your hand but ... Eric - Sr Annabelle is outside. She'll show you to your room so you can settle in and get cleaned up. Vargas - Thanks. Eric - No thank you for fixing our radiator. Vargas - Like I was telling her I'm pretty good with my hands so anything you need ... he leaves. Eric - Classic Nicole Walker. Nicole - Maybe it didn't occur to me that he's the ex-con because he was left here alone. Eric - And with the opportunity he fixed the heat for us. Nicole - Or maybe he was just setting us up for some false sense of security before the big score. Eric - The big score - infiltrating a broke parish church? Nicole - You're so perfect and wonderful because it's your freakin' job but I'm less than thrilled that I'm going to be living under the same roof as some ex-con.

Gabi - Nick, I'm sorry. I guess I can't understand why you did what you did because I don't think it's going to work. Will's my friend. Nick - We can't be sentimental about this. Nick gets a text. I have to go down and sign for this package. Take a deep breath. I'll come back in a minute and we'll figure this out together. He leaves. Gabi - Will's my friend. She texts him.

Will is sitting on the park bench when a young girl walks up to him. Daddy, why didn't you want me? Silence. Little girl - Sir, did you hear me? I asked where the library is? Will apologises and shows her the way.

EJ joins Sami in the square. EJ comments that she doesn't look happy. Sami wants him to give her good news about his conversation with Sonny. EJ planted a seed. He seems to hate Nick as much as you and I do but he's also being very protective of Will. Sami - Well, he'll see how much good that does him. Will is trying to do the right thing. You know how I feel about that. But I think that he's going to have a change of heart when he sees Gabi and Nick raising his child, he'll see it differently. EJ - He just may need some time. Unfortunatly you and I don't have that luxury. Did you make a decision as to whether or not we are going to move into the mansion.

Chloe - Something is just not right. Nancy - Stop and think. Chloe - What is there to think about! If he's with her then I need to go find them. Nancy - But honey you don't know that they're together. And if they are and you go barging in you'll make Daniel angrier than he already is. Remember when you were just going to take off and do nothing. Jennifer and Daniel were able to mess things up all by themselves. Chloe - I can't let her win. Nancy - You and I have done everything we can to convince Daniel that Jennifer is not the right choice for him and we have to sit back and do nothing.

Cue a love song and Dan and Jen making love.

Segment 6: Eric - You're an ex-con too Nicole. Nicole - Yes but I'm not worried that I'm going to kill me in my sleep. Eric - And I'm sure he won't do that. Nicole mocks - That makes me feel so much better. Eric - Actually it's your influence on him that I'm kind of concerned about. I'm worried about what you might do to him. Nicole - How dare you! Did you tell him I did time too? Eric - No, that's none of his business. Besides you've changed so don't you think more than anyone that this man deserves the same chance?

Vargas is wearing a towel around his hips and drying his chest off with another one. So the blonde's not quite as naive as the priest. I still think this is going to work out just fine.

Sami wants to take the next step she's just not sure the DiMera mansion is the right place. EJ assures her they would have their own wing; they could keep to themselves. Sami isn't talking about herself. For her it would be great to live there. She wants to get Stefano on Will's side. She's thinking about EJ. EJ wants the same thing. Sami - What about all the issues you have with your father? Are you sure you're ready to deal with him on a daily basis?

Gabi comes into the coffehouse. Hey Sonny. I'm looking for Will. He hasn't answered any of my texts. Sonny - This morning we took each other's phones by mistake. Gabi - You should get different covers. Sonny - It's not a big deal. Will has nothing to say to you. Will comes in and hears this. Why don't you let me decide that. Hey what's up. I thought you had your wedding today. Gabi - Yeah but this can't wait. Can we go somewhere and talk for a second.

Segment 7: Jen and Dan bask in the afterglow. Jen - That was perfect. Dan - You were perfect. More kisses.

EJ - Maybe living with my father is the best way to deal with those issues. More importantly this is about making William happy. I promise you that little girl is going to know William is her father.

Nick returns to Gabi's room. I was just thinking that ... he sees that she's gone.

Gabi and Will are in the park. Gabi - I know what you did but I want to hear it from you. Are you really okay with giving up your daughter?

Dan and Jen are kissing when Chloe walks up to the cabin and sees them together naked ... Chloe looks like the wicked witch of the West!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

lysie
Mar 21 2013, 10:14 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 21 2013, 10:11 PM
lysie
Mar 21 2013, 08:04 PM
And also, I only made it in 11 minutes today. Mostly different actors/characters than yesterday. They all suck now.
I haven't been able to watch the show since last Wednesday, it's been incredible boring no matter who they throw up on that screen....
The actors all seem off to me. Maybe they're all confused, idk.
The actors seem off and the stories aren't moving, it's damn boring and we started expressing our concern about a week and a half ago...it's only gotten worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 22 2013, 08:05 AM
JarlenaLante
Mar 22 2013, 07:47 AM
DiMeraFan67, the acting during the hotel scene with John, Marlena and Brady gave me a flashback to how Dee and Drake acted sometimes during the Lagan contrived way out-from-left-field story line of Brady hating Marlena when Kyle Lowder first came on the show. I've been getting a similar vibe from the DHs during that time and today.
I love them, but it seems like they are not willing to play ball with this story. I would call it unprofessional if it were other people, but they have earned the right to be shown a little respect. The story is horrible for those two.
I didn't really have a significant issue with the acting that day per se (keeping in mind that it's be hard for Eric and Drake to do much worse than what I expect). I mean, EM and Drake were the same as always and Deidre didn't have anything to do anyway. That's more my issue. Why give the meat of the story to Drake and Eric and leave Deidre standing in the background and Eileen talking to herself and and the characters in the other weak story? But my biggest issue with the show right now is that none of the relationships make any sense. They have managed to throw a bunch of couples and friendships and alliances together without really working through any obstacles and making sure to ignore their histories and basicslly just skipping the drama all the way around. All the improved dialogue in the world doesn't make these things make sense. There is something off with all of the actors, though, and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I could pinpoint it if I could sit through an entire episode, but they're all over the place. The acting issues I had this week were more with people like James and Freddie. It's not so much that it was bad, it just didn't fit. Everything I saw Wednesday and Thursday was more like a stand alone vignette than an episode of a serial drama.
Online Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 22 2013, 08:22 AM
There is something off with all of the actors, though, and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I could pinpoint it if I could sit through an entire episode, but they're all over the place.
Maybe it has to do with how the show is taped, the rate and order etc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I agree the focus should be on Deidre, but they are just writing Marlena horribly and its almost like she doesn't feel like dealing with it. I mean I can see her trying when she starts tearing up every time John is being a dick to her, but it is just all wrong all over the place. In the hotel scene I couldn't tell what was going on at all, even given the fact that EM is a pretty bad actor and well...we all know about Drake. I really couldn't tell what was going on and how John and Brady were supposed to be feeling. There could have been any possible emotion going on at the time. It was super frustrating to watch.

I agree the EJ/Sonny scene was weird but I know why they did it. Trying to have EJami work WilSon over at the same time. It just didn't work because it was awkward on the EJ/Sonny side of things and the Will we got with Sami was totally different than the way Will has been acting for weeks now (even if I love when he trashes Sami.)

The show was tight just a few weeks ago and now it seems like they're going off the rails.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

concerned
Mar 21 2013, 05:32 PM
Sweet and Salty
Mar 21 2013, 04:19 PM
Honeybees
Mar 21 2013, 12:40 PM
I loved the Sonny/EJ scenes. I loved that EJ was turning on the charm and being all persuasive, and I loved that Sonny wasn't buying it. I want more scenes with them. I love that EJ isn't above flirting with Will or Sonny if he wants something from them.
Flirting?? Manipulating, maybe? EJ, my dear, doesn't flirt!!
I think he refers to it as being "charming".
That he was! :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

concerned
Mar 21 2013, 05:58 PM
Supergirlx2
Mar 21 2013, 05:47 PM
Deverauxfan
Mar 21 2013, 04:18 PM
They know Fetch is hated. They just don't care.

Didn't Corday say something a short while back about how they didn't want to have suprcouples & that they liked having stories/couples that not everyone liked because it sparked discussion, or made people want to watch? (or some version of something along those lines)
Well they've taken that to new extremes and killed off every couple that was believable and tolerable.
With the exception of their lovely token gay couple which they are obviously only hanging onto for the brownie points otherwise I imagine they would be splitsville too.

And I don,t believe victor and maggie are tolerable. Hopefully she goes to help Jen and dan on Horton island and her boat gets swept away in a freak storm. Victor at magpies funeral with Kate and Nicole either side of him would amuse me greatly.
I'm iffy on "liking" this. The newly written "mommy to Dr. Dan". The constant "my son" Maggie...yes. Bring back the old Maggie!! Her overly mother Jennings of an adult who's lived the majority of his live with another mother whom he loved doesnt need an overly prying nosy Maggie interfering in every aspect of his life, much less love life. Get some backbone, Dan, and tell her outright to butt out! :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Nothing I can say about Tannifer that hasn't been said. Uggggggggg...

Was never a Chloe fan. Still am not. In fact, I think I dislike her even more. What a waste of Nancy's return. Boring. Anything Tan-related is fucking BORING!

Color me shocked, Gabi had a brain cell working today. Too bad she's still dull as dishwater and I just don't care about her.

Even more shocking is that I enjoyed the Hell out of EJ's scenes with Sonny. Not an EJ fan either, but I actually appreciated that he was scheming. And I'm ALL for Sonny tapping into his Kiriakisness. Sure, it's all kinds of WTF, but the entire show is all kinds of WTF so I'll take whatever pleasures I can get from it. The EJAMI scene was even tolerable. Schemers should scheme. But I'm still pissed that all the drama is going to these two when it should be spread out to a shitload of other characters. I need more Lucas and Kate here, dammit. And instead of having Abby fret about her regenerated hymen or propping St. Orange and the White-Out harpie, couldn't she maybe have SOME thoughts on everything that's going on with her family????? I mean she's related to Nick and to Will and is clearly friends with Sonny? This is supposed to be a s/l rooted in that age group, no?

I also enjoyed Eric's couple of one-liners. And he wasn't SOn of Creamed Spinach today. Good job articulating, GV!!! I need Nicole and Eric to be more interesting than they are, though. I think Lysie has said it before...It's like the writers take every potentially good story and make it as undramatic as possible. I'm tired of Nicole lusting after men and whining all the time. And Eric is just flat. Vargas? I don't know. We'll see, I guess. I hope he turns out to be a decent villain.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!!! Will in this episode. And anyone calling SlamPig out on her shit brightens my day. More snarky Will, please! And as many have stated...some balls would be nice too. I really want all of this to build to a GOOD Will & Nick confrontation. I think CM could have the chops for it if they'd just write it, dammit! I'm still hating Crazy Eyed Nick, which is definitely a credit to BB.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

lysie
DiMeraFan67
JarlenaLante
DiMeraFan67, the acting during the hotel scene with John, Marlena and Brady gave me a flashback to how Dee and Drake acted sometimes during the Lagan contrived way out-from-left-field story line of Brady hating Marlena when Kyle Lowder first came on the show. I've been getting a similar vibe from the DHs during that time and today.
I love them, but it seems like they are not willing to play ball with this story. I would call it unprofessional if it were other people, but they have earned the right to be shown a little respect. The story is horrible for those two.
I didn't really have a significant issue with the acting that day per se (keeping in mind that it's be hard for Eric and Drake to do much worse than what I expect). I mean, EM and Drake were the same as always and Deidre didn't have anything to do anyway. That's more my issue. Why give the meat of the story to Drake and Eric and leave Deidre standing in the background and Eileen talking to herself and and the characters in the other weak story? But my biggest issue with the show right now is that none of the relationships make any sense. They have managed to throw a bunch of couples and friendships and alliances together without really working through any obstacles and making sure to ignore their histories and basicslly just skipping the drama all the way around. All the improved dialogue in the world doesn't make these things make sense. There is something off with all of the actors, though, and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I could pinpoint it if I could sit through an entire episode, but they're all over the place. The acting issues I had this week were more with people like James and Freddie. It's not so much that it was bad, it just didn't fit. Everything I saw Wednesday and Thursday was more like a stand alone vignette than an episode of a serial drama.
Oh, I agree. The writing for John and Marlena has been an all-over-the-place WTF. So much of what we are seeing now would make a lot more sense if we the audience knew that John, Marlena and Brady were working together to bring Kristen down (although I have a hard time believing John would be okay with his son sleeping with a woman in order to get close to Kristen to get information on her master plan) and that John and Marlena were faking their break-up. This would add another layer to the Bristen relationship if both Brady and Kristen were playing each other and would make their "wedding" more dramatic if we didn't know who was going to dump who first (or not as both of them would develop real feelings for each other during their seduction game). Again, I can't really see John endorsing Brady using a woman this way, even if it is Kristen, but I would rather see that than what we are seeing now. Or maybe to avoid that, John and Marlena could be working together (faking a break-up to lure Kristen into a false sense of security) and Brady could be shown talking over his plans at the Titan office with Victor, thus working independently of each other. So you would have John/Marlena and Brady/Victor working against Kristen (an added benefit of this would be to see Victor going back to his wonderful scheming roots). There is so much potential here for a good soapy story, but as usual, Days isn't pulling it off.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 22 2013, 08:11 AM
lysie
LuvingLumi
lysie
And also, I only made it in 11 minutes today. Mostly different actors/characters than yesterday. They all suck now.
I haven't been able to watch the show since last Wednesday, it's been incredible boring no matter who they throw up on that screen....
The actors seem off and the stories aren't moving, it's damn boring and we started expressing our concern about a week and a half ago...it's only gotten worse.
Agree. This was boring day 4 in a row for me. Days needs to move it on already.. quit with the stalled action and stories going nowhere. At least Gabi is starting to catch a clue with Nick, but look how long it's taken.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 22 2013, 08:46 AM
I agree the focus should be on Deidre, but they are just writing Marlena horribly and its almost like she doesn't feel like dealing with it. I mean I can see her trying when she starts tearing up every time John is being a dick to her, but it is just all wrong all over the place. In the hotel scene I couldn't tell what was going on at all, even given the fact that EM is a pretty bad actor and well...we all know about Drake. I really couldn't tell what was going on and how John and Brady were supposed to be feeling. There could have been any possible emotion going on at the time. It was super frustrating to watch.

I agree the EJ/Sonny scene was weird but I know why they did it. Trying to have EJami work WilSon over at the same time. It just didn't work because it was awkward on the EJ/Sonny side of things and the Will we got with Sami was totally different than the way Will has been acting for weeks now (even if I love when he trashes Sami.)

The show was tight just a few weeks ago and now it seems like they're going off the rails.
IMO the problem with Sami/Will is that AS and CM have absolutely no onscreen family chemistry.
Online Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Quote:

And instead of having Abby fret about her regenerated hymen or propping St. Orange and the White-Out harpie, couldn't she maybe have SOME thoughts on everything that's going on with her family????? I mean she's related to Nick and to Will and is clearly friends with Sonny? This is supposed to be a s/l rooted in that age group, no?
---Lil
Actually Abby is also Sonny's cousin, not just friends. She's related to all 3. Plus, friends with Gabi. So yeah, seems like she should be more involved. Kind of wondered why she wasn't at Nick and Gabi's wedding. Her mom was there, it kind of didn't make sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Lil
Mar 22 2013, 09:31 AM
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!!! Will in this episode. And anyone calling SlamPig out on her shit brightens my day. More snarky Will, please! And as many have stated...some balls would be nice too. I really want all of this to build to a GOOD Will & Nick confrontation. I think CM could have the chops for it if they'd just write it, dammit! I'm still hating Crazy Eyed Nick, which is definitely a credit to BB.
I definitely think that they are building to Will finally getting some fight in him. I mean, his attempts to illegally solved the EJ problem years ago is what got him in this mess. He's got every reason to feel trapped, but I do very much want to see some fire in him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

JarlenaLante
And whose fault is that? That would be Tomsell's. For a story to work, actors need to understand their characters' motivations. You can't just throw crap together and expect the audience to applaud and say "Wow! Great writing! I completely recognize these characters, and it all makes total sense!" And I venture to say that if the writing continues to be crappy for John and Marlena, the ratings will tank even further. They are too beloved as a supercouple for fans to watch them acting OOC.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

supercool74
Mar 22 2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:

And instead of having Abby fret about her regenerated hymen or propping St. Orange and the White-Out harpie, couldn't she maybe have SOME thoughts on everything that's going on with her family????? I mean she's related to Nick and to Will and is clearly friends with Sonny? This is supposed to be a s/l rooted in that age group, no?
---Lil
Actually Abby is also Sonny's cousin, not just friends. She's related to all 3. Plus, friends with Gabi. So yeah, seems like she should be more involved. Kind of wondered why she wasn't at Nick and Gabi's wedding. Her mom was there, it kind of didn't make sense.
That's right. I totally brain farted there!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
LuvingLumi
lysie
I mean, we're all confused, aren't we? And these characters are like their other halves, another part of them, something they do almost every day. I want to say that they've gotten comfortable and don't know how to do it yet, but someone mentioned the Brady/Marlena story in 2001, and we saw there that although both Deidre and Drake thought that story was ridiculous and felt untrue to history, that they could bring it. I thought Deidre did some amazing work in that story, but it's one of my all-time least favorite stories. She put little things in a scene that gave me a sense of "Well, Marlena's really lost, she's about to break down... no wonder she's all weird." Which sort of saved the Marlena aspect of that story for me.

I think they probably feel as lost as we do, esp people like Deidre, Drake, Kristian, Mary Beth and maybe even Joe, Peggy, John and Suzanne. Even though they haven't really been frontburner characters since the 80s or 90s, they have a sense of their character and their job is making the character come to life. They know the character, and even if they have to tout the company line from time to time (which they all do), they do have feelings about it. At some point, esp if the DHs case where this is not the first time THESE writers have done this, they've got to get sick of how little the writers care about their character, and feel sort of "Well, if you don't give a shit about my character, I'm not gonna give a shit about your work."

We all have those days, it's just that theirs are taped and kept in a storage room.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
DiMeraFan67
JarlenaLante
This is my problem too, but it's not surprising. They have SC and MR as the lead romantic couple of the show, neither of whom are able to make the story feel remotely likable. They have Maggie as the matriach of the show, and SR, who used to be good at playing the understated and real (I loved when she told the support group about her attack in 86, beautiful work), is now seemingly unable. NB is delightful and lovable as a person, but she's never been the strongest actress on the show, and Chloe has never been the real villain, which is what they're painting her as.

And in this ridiculous Kristen, Brady, John & Marlena story, it's like they just wrote a story for a really horrific porn movie, took out some of the porn, replaced that with dialogue between two other characters, and just put the four names there at random. They seem to think adding Isabella's name gives them credit for history, which it doesn't. They think having Kristen and Marlena spar at each other does the same, and it doesn't - because the story is at a stand still. Nothing is actually happening. Marlena is sitting in a coffee house or standing in a town square, and Deidre Hall is relegated to being the talk-to, we're forced to watch some random paw at Marlena's married self, while the other two get to do the little story-forwarding stuff. And they're BAD. It's so obvious Drake has no clue who this dude is, and Eric, I haven't seen much, but that is not Brady Black as one would envision him being John Black's son and raised by Marlena and John together. Brady should be more like Eric, thoughtful and wanting to work things out for everyone. (While John is certainly hot headed at times, he tends to reserve it to DiMera-related things. Brady's acting like a petulant two year old, directed at his parents. And he was raised by Marlena, too, and she's not particularly hot headed.) Meanwhile Eric, despite being Marlena's flesh and blood, having been abandoned by his father, going through all the shit with Nicole years ago (another form of abandonment), would be more likely to be the wounded non-hero.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 22 2013, 08:46 AM
Getting through those scenes is possible if you envision Marlena tearing up actually being Deidre tearing up because the writing is SO. BAD. Makes it possible to watch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
Mar 21 2013, 01:15 PM
What was the song playing...in the Dannifer scenes??
The song is called "I'm Lost in Your Love."
Composed by D. Brent Nelson and JD Webb.
Singer: JD Webb.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

JD Webb did one of the songs at Jack and Jennifer's 2003 wedding.

I hated it then and now I'm proud of myself for it.
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Mar 22 2013, 11:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic