Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Is Summer A Newman or an Abbott?
Topic Started: Mar 21 2013, 03:56 PM (3,551 Views)
soapflake02

Interesting article and quotes form daytime Confidential.. not sure if I can post this or not.

Is Summer a Newman or an Abbott on The Young and the Restless?
Your vote was recorded.
By Jamey Giddens on March 21, 2013
Tags: Young and Restless Blake Hood Hunter King Joshua Morrow Michelle Stafford Peter Bergman 22
comments

If you follow me on Twitter, you know I become absolutely irate when anyone even jokes about the possibility of Summer (Hunter King) being Jack Abbott's (Peter Bergman) biological daughter on The Young and the Restless. In my mind, Summer is the daughter of Phyllis "Red" Summers (Michelle Stafford) and dimpled, speakeasy proprietor Nicholas Newman (Joshua Morrow) and that's THAT! But could I be wrong?
In the March 25-April 8 issue of CBS Soaps In Depth, the magazine raised the question of a paternity puzzle with both King and Y&R scribe Josh Griffith.

Said King of her conversations with Griffith:

"I ask Josh almost every day, 'Whose daughter am I?' she smiles. "He says to me, 'I don't know what you're talking about.'

While Griffith told the mag Nick is simply being protective of Summer, in not wanting his daughter pursuing anything with Kyle (Blake Hood)—as opposed to trying to prevent a Greek tragedy—the writer did offer this cryptic tease:

"We're looking at the possibility of anything."

Lord have mercy, y'all are gonna make Phick lovers call up the Lane fans and ask for the number of one of them there banner plane pilots!

Do you guys think Summer will turn out to be Nick's child, or Jack's?

Nick is definitely the father. Phick-4-Ever!
28% (44 votes)
That kid is an Abbott. Call up Mamie and have her make Summer a plate of sticky buns (Peanut butter free!)
73% (116 votes)
Total votes: 160
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

There is no way in hell that Summer is Nick's .. been saying that since 2006. Having Nick leave with the results for days was TOO obvious.

meaghan

The chance that Summer is Jack's is always in the back of my mind however when I think back to that time if I remember correctly Nick took the results and when he came back he said that while the baby is his he was still going to try to work it out with his wife. If the baby wasn't his he would have had a better chance at being with Sharon. (I think I am remembering that right)

I don't think they should change the paternity again this late in the game. I understood it with Lily because everybody knew that was Malcolm's baby we were just waiting for the truth to come out. Summer should remain a Newman.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Nick chose to stay with Phyllis because he loved her and the coming baby. What else could he do?He probably still thinks she's his because he said so! I'm sure there will be more paternity surprises coming up. How many kids does Nick have? :D

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I still believe that Summer is Jack's not Nick's

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

If it did come out now, it would mostly be drama for the adults not so much Summer.

Nate
Member Avatar

Why does everything one think Summer's an Abbott? I'm a new viewer...

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

:blulaugh: :blulaugh: Go to twitter and #hashtag Y&R the fan-base been loosing it since yesterday over the Possibility of SuperChickSummer being an Abbott. Well if they write this way I hope Nick is not the blame I remember JM recently alluding if the writers went this route he's very protective of Nick and would not want it to be his fault.

So Hummm how could they write a mistaken DNA swap? I vote blaming Bradley Carlton aka George Kaplin since he was so infatuate & in love with Sharon or either the Red Head Heathen herself besides it's not like this would be her first time.

LPS
Member Avatar

Nate
Mar 21 2013, 07:03 PM
Why does everything one think Summer's an Abbott? I'm a new viewer...
Phyllis was slutting around with both Nick and Jack when Summer was conceived. Nick's daughter had just died and there was some damn stupid ass prophecy about another baby girl. Somehow Nick got the results before everyone else and claimed Summer was his child. I don't believe Jack or Phyllis saw the results first hand. Later, Nick was in a plane crash and had amnesia.

al0792

Hear is hoping that Jack is Summer's Father.

taylore
Member Avatar

Jack better be the father.

meaghan

I'm sorry. I don't want Jack to be the father. If Summer was his I would have wanted it to come out after he delivered her. The last thing we need is for Jack to find out about another child after she is already grown. I would have prefered he finally be involved from the beginning for a change.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Another OCD thread about Summer paternity, hasn't this topic being going on for the last decade :shrug: :drunk:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Always thought Jack was her father. Don't care either way. If the paternity is changed just gonna sit back and :popcorn: .

I see it going either way. I'm betting they will have Nick at fault. Don't agree with it because they could say the lab made an error. Where is the fun in that though? :blulaugh:
Edited by Checkers, Mar 22 2013, 01:45 PM.

soapflake02

meaghan
Mar 21 2013, 04:59 PM
The chance that Summer is Jack's is always in the back of my mind however when I think back to that time if I remember correctly Nick took the results and when he came back he said that while the baby is his he was still going to try to work it out with his wife. If the baby wasn't his he would have had a better chance at being with Sharon. (I think I am remembering that right)

I don't think they should change the paternity again this late in the game. I understood it with Lily because everybody knew that was Malcolm's baby we were just waiting for the truth to come out. Summer should remain a Newman.
late in the game? This would really shake things up between just about every couple right now.

soapflake02

natdot99
Mar 22 2013, 01:40 PM
Another OCD thread about Summer paternity, hasn't this topic being going on for the last decade :shrug: :drunk:
There's nothing wrong with people wanting to see this story happen, the way they could do this story are endless.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Why wouldn't it be Nicks fault? He seen the results first, he said Summer was his. Not Phyllis's fault either, she didn't rape Nick. At the time it was Nick/Phyllis/Jack. Nick can't be surprised at it. Seemed to me he was dipping around too.
Prophesy baby? Wouldn't that just shut Nick down if Faith wasn't his either? He'd be making sure Avery married him, made her work from home and kept pumping a load at her to get her pregnant. Then he will be positive it's his! :D

LPS
Member Avatar

it would be Nick's fault because the writers under LML strongly he hinted he intentionally tampered with the results. If he did that, he stole Jack's kid from him. That's a big deal.

sab980

At this point I could care less if she is or isn't.

ratfink
Member Avatar

Please, let's not go there...unless...the soap is gonna tank and we need a new juicy story to keep it ALIVE!!! :drunk: :chee: :shrug: but don't even think this could help... :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply