Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of March 11-15, 2013
Topic Started: Mar 22 2013, 01:50 AM (4,283 Views)
EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/ratings

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,366,000 (-183,000/+29,000)
2. B&B 3,380,000 (-152,000/+264,000)
3. GH 2,538,000 (-170,000/+290,000)
4. DAYS 2,177,000 (-386,000/-243,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (-.2/same)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (-.2/+.1)
3. GH 1.9/6 (-.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.7/6 (-.2/-.1)

B&B
Monday: 2.6/3,662,000
Tuesday: 2.4/3,205,000
Wednesday:
Thursday: 2.5/3,385,000
Friday: 2.5/3,268,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,382,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,438,000
Wednesday: 1.4/1,786,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,079,000
Friday: 1.7/2,198,000

GH
Monday: 2.0/2,651,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,574,000
Wednesday:
Thursday: 1.8/2,557,000
Friday: 1.8/2,370,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,794,000
Tuesday: 3.0/4,001,000 (24 min eipsode)
Wednesday: 2.9/4,136,000
Thursday: 3.3/4,423,000
Friday: 3.2/4,259,000
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

I knew Lucas' days would do best--but OMG Wednesday!! I don't think I have ever seen it that bad..have y'all??

B&B and GH weren't on Wednesday? Was that the new Pope day?
Edited by Vicky4Mimi, Mar 22 2013, 02:11 AM.

bomber
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 22 2013, 02:09 AM
I knew Lucas' days would do best--but OMG Wednesday!! I don't think I have ever seen it that bad..have y'all??

B&B and GH weren't on Wednesday? Was that the new Pope day?
Wednesday was a Papal day but Days was dead boring that day so it can't all be blamed on Pope Francis. I prefer to blame Dannifer .

T-Love74
Member Avatar

These last few weeks have been nothing but Fetch!!!!! Days needs to hurry up and get a clue.....FAST

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Mar 22 2013, 02:26 AM
These last few weeks have been nothing but Fetch!!!!! Days needs to hurry up and get a clue.....FAST
I know many think that a couple can not make or break a show, but I actually think that if a boring pair get a lot of screen time and viewers feel they take a lot of airtime, it's devastating for a show, it's pretty obvious that viewers not tune in when they are not interested in this story. And quite crass Dannifer is not entertaining in any way, Days have far more interesting characters than them so I really hope that Days has got a clue.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I know that I haven't been able to sit through an episode since last Tuesday....I know I'm not the only one now, lol....and as I was saying a few weeks ago, this same shit happened last year around this time...and the year before that.....Corday is about to go into panic mode....

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Looks like the ratings never recovered from the Pope day, but even before that they were not looking too hot. I don't know why they didn't just nix Wednesday like B&B, considering they go head-to-head in most markets. Even still the ratings from my math would have been 2,274,250. I don't think Corday will go into any type of panic mode yet because it looks like people weren't enjoying Monday or Tuesday anyway and said screw the whole week after the Pope day. These numbers would be like end of the world numbers if they weren't effed up.

The naming of the Pope played a big role in the last three days, but even still the show just hasn't been as good as it was even recently. And this week was even worse. Honestly the show deserves shit ratings like this because of the way they are pushing Dannifer and all of the wrong things. I will hate it if Corday does go into panic mode soon and the wrong heads roll, as usual.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Mar 22 2013, 05:52 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I think he'll wait a few more weeks to see if the trend continues and see a week or two without a papal announcement to see if the ratings improve. However, the fact that all the other soaps lost less than Days for this week and the other shows are still on the plus side from this time last year, even with the losses has to make Corday wonder. Seriously a few more weeks of any type of loss will not be good for the show and from what I see on the daily threads very few people are actually liking the show at the moment.

It does seem like Days was going on the downward trend since the middle of the week prior to this rating's week...they had 1.8s on Thursday and Friday of the week of March 4 and it seems that they just started off this week with almost the same amount of viewers, went up slightly on Tuesday and then they bottomed out on Wednesday....and never recovered....if it wasn't for the papal announcement the Wed daily might have been around 1.8 and then 1.7s to end the week.....which still would have been a bad week for Days.....making them lose around 200K viewers instead of over 300K.

I think in two weeks unless the ratings improve we could see Ken Corday's typical, 'My plan to save Days' for the millionth time come out in SOD
Edited by LuvingLumi, Mar 22 2013, 05:58 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I edited my post to reflect that I'm not defending the show because most of it has been total shit lately...but I do not think these ratings are really accurate because of the shows getting interrupted on Tuesday and Wednesday. People might have just said screw it for the week, but the actual show likely wasn't good enough to make people want to tune in either.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

DiMeraFan67
Mar 22 2013, 05:55 AM
I edited my post to reflect that I'm not defending the show because most of it has been total shit lately...but I do not think these ratings are really accurate because of the shows getting interrupted on Tuesday and Wednesday. People might have just said screw it for the week, but the actual show likely wasn't good enough to make people want to tune in either.
As we've been all saying in the daily threads...the show overall is just boring at the moment and has been for the last couple of weeks....I'm not surprised that the ratings are going south and even with the papal thing (which no doubt affected the week), I still think the show would have had a loss around 200K. This show has to learn to listen to the fans especially when they are so far in advance in terms of shooting/airing. When fans 5 months ago didn't like Dannifer, why the hell continue them beyond the 4 month film/shoot schedule they have....now they are stuck and so are we...difference is, for them they will continue to shoot/air the show, but the viewers don't have to watch what they put out if they don't like it.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah, I almost wish these ratings were legit so they would change some things around...but with the taping schedule I can't even wish that to be true. If they were REALLY at a 2.1M right now and we had to deal with 4 months of this there's no telling what the ratings would fall to. I just don't think the show realistically lost 600,000+ in a couple of weeks. Even though if they were legit at 2.3/4M this week that would still be pretty bad after where they were a month ago. At least if Corday panics he can't bring MarDar back, he would basically be forced to go with some fresh blood.

samwel

why would he go into panic mode when there was an external factor at play here? interruptions and then the announcement played its part. Look hat the numbers GH got as well.

Ditto Dimerafan.
Edited by samwel, Mar 22 2013, 06:16 AM.

samwel

LuvingLumi
Mar 22 2013, 05:21 AM
I know that I haven't been able to sit through an episode since last Tuesday....I know I'm not the only one now, lol....and as I was saying a few weeks ago, this same shit happened last year around this time...and the year before that.....Corday is about to go into panic mode....
what event happened last year to disrupt the show? DOOL has not moved below its average for months, where is the big fall, one that is not caused by something outside of the show off course? For weeks now it has been predicted the show would supposedly be crashing and it has held steady.

lysie
Member Avatar

It'd be so easy to blame the pope if it weren't for those other days. Wow.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I don't know......Days has certainly lost close to 600K viewers the past two years in a span of a few months, so it can happen again....

For example, the last week of December 2011, Days was at 2.7 million viewers, by the first week of April of 2012 Days was hitting new lows and their numbers were 2.2 million viewers. That is a loss of 500K viewers in less than 4 months....so it can happen with no papal announcement linked to the decrease.

This is what I was trying to say a few weeks ago....the minute Days starts to decline in numbers it's not a good sign...they had 4 weeks of straight loses starting in mid/late January totaling over 200K viewers, no major premptions during that time either, then they had a week or two of moderate gains and then a huge drop and now an even bigger drop. Papal announcement or no papal announcement, the show started heading south toward the middle of the week of March 4...it's only gotten worse from there....if Days had been steadily increasing their numbers since mid/late January and this week they lost over 300K, I wouldn't be worried at all....the show can gain 100K next week and we would still be really low.....I am hoping that something happens so that changes can be made, but I don't want Corday again to make the wrong changes...it's like when he fired MarDar and rehired Tomlin in a different capacity and Whitesell in the same capacity.......knowing Corday, he'd hire Dena again....

Oh and on the crashing of the show and it's prediction.....uhm....it just happened....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Mar 22 2013, 08:09 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Unfortunately, it's hard to cite the show as a whole for the ratings for that week considering that ALL the soaps were down (in nearly the same amounts) that week. Pope Day didn't help matters, of course.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The ratings were going to sink about 200,000+ and they went down nearly 400,000. Either way its pretty horrible. But this isn't a couple months. We are talking about a couple weeks. February 18-22 they were at a 15 month high in total viewers. The Pope clearly crushed Wednesday and they should have cancelled that day like GH and B&B. I think Thursday and Friday you can only partially blame the Pope...because the show sucked too. Not a good combination.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^I wonder why they even bothered counting Wednesday? Days should have just omitted that day like the other soaps did. That said, all of them dropped but none dropped over 200K viewers, except Days , who managed to almost hit 400K viewers lost....it just seems that it was more than just the papal thing that hit Days that week....

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yes, I live on the east coast so I'm not sure how DAYS was affected by the Pope announcement. It happened right after DAYS so did the rest of the time zones not even get an airing of the show? It was Papal coverage from like 2:05 until the 5 news where I live. Either way they should have cancelled the day.

I expected GH to take more of a hit because they cut in massively on Tuesday and Wednesday the aired like 5-10 minutes, then Thursday was a replay on Wednesday. It was an ugly situation all around. Based on Monday and Tuesday though DAYS was trending downward fast, but this made it really shoot down.

samwel

LuvingLumi
Mar 22 2013, 08:08 AM
I don't know......Days has certainly lost close to 600K viewers the past two years in a span of a few months, so it can happen again....

For example, the last week of December 2011, Days was at 2.7 million viewers, by the first week of April of 2012 Days was hitting new lows and their numbers were 2.2 million viewers. That is a loss of 500K viewers in less than 4 months....so it can happen with no papal announcement linked to the decrease.

This is what I was trying to say a few weeks ago....the minute Days starts to decline in numbers it's not a good sign...they had 4 weeks of straight loses starting in mid/late January totaling over 200K viewers, no major premptions during that time either, then they had a week or two of moderate gains and then a huge drop and now an even bigger drop. Papal announcement or no papal announcement, the show started heading south toward the middle of the week of March 4...it's only gotten worse from there....if Days had been steadily increasing their numbers since mid/late January and this week they lost over 300K, I wouldn't be worried at all....the show can gain 100K next week and we would still be really low.....I am hoping that something happens so that changes can be made, but I don't want Corday again to make the wrong changes...it's like when he fired MarDar and rehired Tomlin in a different capacity and Whitesell in the same capacity.......knowing Corday, he'd hire Dena again....

Oh and on the crashing of the show and it's prediction.....uhm....it just happened....
They have been going up and down but maintaining their avg and demos, nothing in that spells a crash.

As for it happening, Wednesday is what we call a normal day now because that is what took it south this bad? :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply