Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of March 11-15, 2013
Topic Started: Mar 22 2013, 01:50 AM (4,235 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

When all else fails, do the math:
DAYS full week average: 2,177,000
DAYS average excluding Wednesday: 2,274,250

In context, if Wednesday had been coded special:
Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,366,000 (-183,000/+29,000)
2. B&B 3,380,000 (-152,000/+264,000)
3. GH 2,538,000 (-170,000/+290,000)
4. DAYS 2,274,250 (-288,350/-145,350)

Still the biggest drop of the 4 soaps. They just never recovered on Thursday and Friday sufficiently. Due to other pre-emptions?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Nah Thursday and Friday were clean aside from whatever might have been happening locally around the country, but with your math...which I also did a couple pages back...the show had a realistic drop, assuming people didn't come back from the Pope pre-emption. We have seen the show lose that many in a realistic week before. They really shouldn't excluded Wednesday and it would look bad, instead of horrific.

I always say I get worried when the show is in the 2.3M range and I think that's where they would be even if the Pope didn't screw things up for them. It looks like they were trending down anyway. Next week will be interesting. I do think the NCAA tournament has a negative effect on the show's ratings because I will even watch if its a good game or later in the week when its the later rounds. So some of that can be accounted for this coming week too, but I don't think its a major factor.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

In looking closely at the Thursday and Friday numbers for the rest of the soaps...it seems that the only two shows that didn't seem to recover toward the end of the week, were Days and GH....BB and YR were sort of either up and consistent from the Wednesday (or the Tues)....whatever the last day counted was....but without counting Wednesday's Pope low Days went from a 1.9 to a 1.7 and GH was slightly better but still low....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Soap fans for the most important don't watch basketabll, I don't see that as a factor at all. In fact with B&B and Y&R not on Thursday and Friday that should be a bonus for both GH and DAYS. Just my opinion though.

DAYS has really been slow the past 2 weeks, plus March is always such a bad month for ratings, so not surprised at all by the numbers.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Y&R was down -300,000 from the Friday before so they were up from Wednesday (When is the last time Y&R was below 3.0?) but they didn't fully rebound. It hit DAYS the hardest, but we have already said the show sucks so that has to be taken into account lol. Plus Y&R has been doing its 40th anniversary run this whole month so I'm not impressed with their numbers at all.

GH had a horrible Friday, but Thursday and Tuesday have basically the same numbers. DAYS is the only show that really got massacred by the Pope, ha. That's why I'm not trying to make too many excuses for them. There are extreme circumstances in play, but when you're the lowest rated show it should be HARDER to lose viewers, not easier.

Dee-anne

For me, I have lost interest in Days completely because of Ejami. Dannifer was always boring, even when Mardar was writing for them, so their is nothing new there. but even if you hate Dannifer and EJami, the rest of the stories are not really that interesting either. It's like you have to permanently suspend belief if you want to watch this show, and I don't want to do that. Yes, the show may have some good moments, but am i suppose to watch waiting for another of those good moments when the stories themselves are crap.

I hate the fact that there is no one to root for. I don't like any of the characters behaviours, even the ones have made into complete idiots in order to tell there story. I Lost respect for Brady when he moved into the Dimera mansion. I thought he had principles.

Every single one of the male on the show they have turned into wimps, and when I say men, I am talking about the ones that they show all the time. The ones like Brady, EJ, Daniel, Will, and I would say Rafe but they gave him back some backbone when he dumped Sami.

I hate the way they write the women also. Chloe who I was so looking forward to watching with the hope that Danloe would get back together, has been reduced to just an interloper who constantly schemes to get nowhere. Who wants to watch that week after week. It is the same thing they had Nicole doing, and I use to cringe when she would not get the message. Now they are using Chloe. Dont want to sit and watch that. I keep hoping that Chloe would respect herself and just give up. and move on with her son but, they are not letting that happen, she just continues to embarrass herself. Well, I feel embarrassed for her, so cant watch.

Sami is left with no principles/values, and would sell her soul to the devil to get what she wants. Nothing to respect there.

I was interested in Eric and Nicole but, I already hate the turn of evidents. Nicole is once again lusting after not one man but now two men. and none of these females or males are seen to be doing anything constructive. It is just all about lust, and sex, and scheming and insults and lame fights.

I find it so ridiculous that they have to recruit Stephano's help to get rid of Nick. He is homophobic, and apart from not wanting Will to be a part of his baby's life and throwing out insulting words to Sonny and Will, he has done nothing for them to need the help of Stefano. I could understand it a bit more if before they went to Stefano, they are seen to try all the other avenues they have. Will is related to more than half of Salem, and his relations make up part of the police force. His boyfriend's Dad is a lawyer. I guess this has become Sami's story not Wills, thus the need for Stefano and the excuse for her to move into the Dimera mansion.

Gabi - they have to make Gabi clueless in order to continue with this baby story.

Abie- totally wasted as an actress, her story is lame.

Jennifer is doing nothing else but talking about Daniel, chasing Daniel, breaking up with Daniel, and getting back with Daniel while fighting Chloe over him.

The rest like Justine, Adrienne, Hope, who I still have some respect for, they hardly show and I guess that is why I still have respect for them. They are hardly writing anything for them, otherwise their character would also be destroyed.

Nothing is happening on Days. The so called romances they have going on, are dull, dull, dull.

So, these ratings do not surprise me. They will probably continue to fluctuate, up, down, up, down. because people really do want to watch the show but, these writers make it difficult by the nonsense they put on. Too many things to roll your eyes at.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Wow a post without showing which characters you truly favor, bravo!! I saw no bias in there, I'm amazed. I don't agree with EVERYTHING in your post, but for the most part I love it. Refreshing post.

PS Not saying I don't show my bias, because I love some characters regardless and hate some regardless.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply