Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, March 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 22 2013, 10:58 AM (9,462 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

SoapGal1
Mar 22 2013, 01:03 PM
If Chloe will take that shovel & go bludgeon Fetch to death, she will be my new favorite character......FOREVER.
Clearly your meant with a bottle of liquor...that would only increase the entertainment value for me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Mar 22 2013, 02:25 PM
I know I probably stand alone on this board but Freddie Smith is a very strong actor when given the right material. Today he was awesome as was Blake. The fight scenes between Sonny and Nick were all kinds of awesome. It was the highlight of the past couple of weeks on this show. This is the kind of writing this show needs all the way around with all their stories. It's too bad not enough airtime is devoted to stuff like this. I love how they let Nick say the actual word "faggot" and just like a person would do in real life, Sonny literally went right after NIck, grabbing his face and everything. But soon, I came off my high. Nick and Gabi got followup that made sense and seemed uncut. Wilson on the other hand was once again robbed of what should have been good followup scenes. Their one scene together seemed like it was cut off and just seemed to ruin what previously happened. It would have been nice to see Sonny show some after effects to Nick calling him a "faggot" and him fighting Nick because of that. I will give the show props for many aspects of telling this gay story but it is failing on other aspects. The disregard that seems to be given to any type of emotional scenes for Will and Sonny is awful. They cut Will telling Sonny about shooting EJ and today also seemed cut off. They barely kiss and when they do it also seems cut off and very short. It's too bad because Will and Sonny have a very nice story they are involved in but the actual writing for them as a couple is almost disregarded and is why they are falling flat for me. They can't just throw Wilson into a story and expect Wilson to be interesting when they don't devote enough airtime to important scenes for them especially when it comes to their emotional and intimate connection.

I loved the Sami/EJ/Kristen scenes. The way Kristen welcomed Sami in was just too funny! Can't wait to see everybody living together at the mansion.

The Dannifer scenes once again were given too much airtime. If only they could have taken 5 minutes away from them and devoted it to some emotional followup for Will and Sonny I wold have been happier. Instead their borefest is shoved non stop while other scenes are chopped up for other couples that are a lot more interesting...well at least to me.
I loved Freddie's performance today, and I for one think he's always given his all to every scene, even when the writing has treated his character as an afterthought. He's a fine young actor, looks fantastic and could easily carry his own storyline.

I too was a little disappointed in the Wilson reunion scene, as I think Sonny should be traumatized by just how off the rails Nick has become. Even in the confrontation, Sonny recognized that Nick has gone off the deep end and wasn't always this way. I did not need more Dannifer instead of more Wilson.

Sonny does have tremendous potential as someone in Will's life who can try and problem solve without making things worse.

But right now, Wilson seem isolated. They should have Abby and T and some of the other gays around to support them. They need a circle of peers.

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Mar 22 2013, 01:18 PM
SoapGal1
If Chloe will take that shovel & go bludgeon Fetch to death, she will be my new favorite character......FOREVER.
If Chloe killed Fetch, she would be destroyed forever, Parker would be motherless. I can't stand tpb destroying favorites for the hot azz mess.
It could be an accident. Chloe tries to save them, unfortunately it's too late. Chloe hero, Fetch dead! :cheer:

ETA: I thought ya'll were planning the death of Fetch by setting the cabin on fire. Should of read all the posts. :blush:
Edited by Dazefan4now, Mar 22 2013, 03:09 PM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Is it me.. or does EJ and Kristen seem very much alike. It wouldn't surprise me if they where really blood related. I know Kristen is only adopted into Dimera.. but still.

I mean, for example, .. would it be possible that Kristen is really be EJs real mom. And Susan maybe not the real one? I don't know all the details,.. so.

six
Member Avatar

Hologram
Mar 22 2013, 03:10 PM
Is it me.. or does EJ and Kristen seem very much alike. It wouldn't surprise me if they where really blood related. I know Kristen is only adopted into Dimera.. but still.

I mean, for example, .. would it be possible that Kristen is really be EJs real mom. And Susan maybe not the real one? I don't know all the details,.. so.
It wouldn't make sense based on the history for EJ to be Kristen's but anything is possible. Itd make more sense for Kristen and Susan to be sisters, since Susan's mom had a litter of kids....

Vicky4Mimi

Hamilton
Mar 22 2013, 01:29 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 22 2013, 01:15 PM
Matt
Mar 22 2013, 12:42 PM
EJ just basically told Sami to be a good little girl and run along. lol
and they have just become Safe....lol
Just now? ^_^ I've been seeing Ej in the 'New Rafe' role for awhile now.
Good for him. EJ has ALWAYS wanted to be the Rafester. He was jealous of Rafe since the first moment he met him.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

am103
Mar 22 2013, 02:19 PM
Jennifer to Daniel: "I can hear your heartbeat."
Posted Image

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Pissed off Sonny is....SEXY AS HELL. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Mar 22 2013, 03:27 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 22 2013, 03:04 PM
SoapGal1
Clearly your meant with a bottle of liquor...that would only increase the entertainment value for me.
You mean for me??

Cause that's what it's going to take for me to be able to sit thru this dreck.

michr544125

Honeybees
Mar 22 2013, 03:07 PM
michr544125
Mar 22 2013, 02:25 PM
I know I probably stand alone on this board but Freddie Smith is a very strong actor when given the right material. Today he was awesome as was Blake. The fight scenes between Sonny and Nick were all kinds of awesome. It was the highlight of the past couple of weeks on this show. This is the kind of writing this show needs all the way around with all their stories. It's too bad not enough airtime is devoted to stuff like this. I love how they let Nick say the actual word "faggot" and just like a person would do in real life, Sonny literally went right after NIck, grabbing his face and everything. But soon, I came off my high. Nick and Gabi got followup that made sense and seemed uncut. Wilson on the other hand was once again robbed of what should have been good followup scenes. Their one scene together seemed like it was cut off and just seemed to ruin what previously happened. It would have been nice to see Sonny show some after effects to Nick calling him a "faggot" and him fighting Nick because of that. I will give the show props for many aspects of telling this gay story but it is failing on other aspects. The disregard that seems to be given to any type of emotional scenes for Will and Sonny is awful. They cut Will telling Sonny about shooting EJ and today also seemed cut off. They barely kiss and when they do it also seems cut off and very short. It's too bad because Will and Sonny have a very nice story they are involved in but the actual writing for them as a couple is almost disregarded and is why they are falling flat for me. They can't just throw Wilson into a story and expect Wilson to be interesting when they don't devote enough airtime to important scenes for them especially when it comes to their emotional and intimate connection.

I loved the Sami/EJ/Kristen scenes. The way Kristen welcomed Sami in was just too funny! Can't wait to see everybody living together at the mansion.

The Dannifer scenes once again were given too much airtime. If only they could have taken 5 minutes away from them and devoted it to some emotional followup for Will and Sonny I wold have been happier. Instead their borefest is shoved non stop while other scenes are chopped up for other couples that are a lot more interesting...well at least to me.
I loved Freddie's performance today, and I for one think he's always given his all to every scene, even when the writing has treated his character as an afterthought. He's a fine young actor, looks fantastic and could easily carry his own storyline.

I too was a little disappointed in the Wilson reunion scene, as I think Sonny should be traumatized by just how off the rails Nick has become. Even in the confrontation, Sonny recognized that Nick has gone off the deep end and wasn't always this way. I did not need more Dannifer instead of more Wilson.

Sonny does have tremendous potential as someone in Will's life who can try and problem solve without making things worse.

But right now, Wilson seem isolated. They should have Abby and T and some of the other gays around to support them. They need a circle of peers.
I agree. I feel Sonny could be a total lead character but I guess the show sees it different. I've always felt Freddie was a great actor but they don't give him enough episodes to show that. But today was one such episode.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 22 2013, 03:19 PM
am103
Mar 22 2013, 02:19 PM
Jennifer to Daniel: "I can hear your heartbeat."
Posted Image
Bonus points for using a FLOTUS pic. :laugh:

spartan
Member Avatar

It was soooo good to see Sonny unleash on Nick. It sort of makes up for all the hand wringing and passive 'woe is me' attitude from Will....sort of.

I love having Nancy back but I can't muster two shits about this stupid storyline all to prop Fetch.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Still hate Nick with a fiery passion. But I gotta hand it to Blake Berris. He was SERIOUSLY creeping me the fuck out today. He's playing the psychological unraveling of Nick very well. Crazy eyes were in full force today. I half expected them to start spinning. Can't wait until he sees Vargas. I think his head might literally explode.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

The prop of the day goes to the shovel Chloe almost used to put us all out of our misery from witnessing Fetch in the Horton Cabin on Smith Island. Now, if only she would get a clue about Daniel and rescue Brady from Kristen's web and I'll be much happier. Line of the day is Eric to Brady: "You're a moron...God loves morons."

Eileen Davidson has absolutely nailed every scene she has been in since coming back to Salem and has been a joy to watch. I can't wait for all the dysfunctional family drama at the DiMera mansion.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

So Daniel is the love of Chloe's life now? Well fuck you too Tomlin. :flipoff:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Oh and I also agree there was a weird vibe between Kristen and EJ when they sat on DiSofa. It kinda reminded me of early EJ/Lexie scenes. They would have these cute and warm little brother and sister sibling moments in DiMansion while quickly stealing glances at each other's lips. I was left not knowing how to feel about all of it. Yeah. That scene was reminiscent of that stuff. First time though, so maybe just a fluke.

Sami was hilarious with Kristen. This should be fun when EJami move in.

Eric and Brady scenes bored me to tears.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kristen & EJ would be hot...its too bad they are siblings....although technically not really.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Mar 22 2013, 03:57 PM
Let's not forget he's now the love of Jennifer's life, too. :drunk:

Pookie
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Mar 22 2013, 01:45 PM
Sigh I get it tiic. Will-Gooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddd Nick-BadEvulllllllllllllllMonster :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
Actually it's more like:

Will = pushover
Nick = deeply disturbed, controlling, tightly wound individual.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Mar 22 2013, 03:57 PM
According to Tomlin, Daniel is the love of everyone's life. :eyeroll: :drunk:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply