Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Best Hair and Wardrobe Fails
Topic Started: Mar 24 2013, 08:05 PM (4,154 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Ahh...thanks Lysie for the nightmares of

Hood hair.

Dino braid.

Kayla's big ornamental collars.

And Marlenas color blocked track suits.

They're permanently etched in my brain now.

:blulaugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

LOL these are great!! As far a recent fails? I think almost anything Swiney wears. Most notably that waaaaayyyyy too tight pink thing she wore a while back and that outfit with the giant satellite sized jiffy pop bowl thing on her head that made her look like Kazoo from the Flintstones.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

LMFAO...OMG this was hysterical.

Dino braid...how can I forget that...and the long overgrown oily hood hair days of Ej and Philip....

Man....

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Lysie, these were a great trip down memory lane!

Sometimes I think MarDar blew their entire wardrobe budget on the Horton Town Square opening, with the exception of the Halloween costumes (Brady looked totally hot in his). I would be hard pressed to give a worst hair/wardrobe example during their time.

Even though it's not quite in this category I think the make-up department does a really bad job with EM. His appearance often looks off and can distract from the scene. An example of this for me is the scene in January 2012 when he and John were discussing business strategies. Despite the Orange Glow Dan exudes, my nomination for worst male makeup would be Brady. And sometimes his facial hair looks too scruffy.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Aw man, this was awesome. The 80s hair and clothes are laughably bad, but I absolutely adore them. Everything was just SO BIG and SO LOUD. But everything being over-the-top was part of what made Days great back then. The huge hair and outfits were perfect with the cheesetastic writing of that decade.

I still say that making JKJ and JS look like shit was the hair dept's most egregious sin of the last few years (even worse than dino braid). But you've got to admire their ability as it takes real dedication to ruin the pretty.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

tomsawyer
Mar 25 2013, 10:46 AM
I still say that making JKJ and JS look like shit was the hair dept's most egregious sin of the last few years (even worse than dino braid). But you've got to admire their ability as it takes real dedication to ruin the pretty.
...I don't know. Louise Sorel didn't fair well either. Lmao!

Posted Image
Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

Casey
Mar 25 2013, 01:38 PM
tomsawyer

Posted Image
Posted Image
I knew she had extremely horrible hair at one point, but I couldn't remember when it was! It's all coming back now... What did we call her?

six
Member Avatar

Kayla's clock shirt picture just made everything else drain out of my brain. Why did that exist? Why did someone buy it, and why did MBE choose to put it on?
Edited by six, Mar 25 2013, 03:20 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Mar 25 2013, 03:00 PM
Casey
tomsawyer

Posted Image
Posted Image
I knew she had extremely horrible hair at one point, but I couldn't remember when it was! It's all coming back now... What did we call her?
I can't remember - but didn't she start her last run wearing some huge hat...or was it a turban? I just remember thinking it was gawd awful. :laugh:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I swear that Little Lord Fauntleroy was involved in some way...

lysie
Member Avatar

Who's the kid from Mad?

zanygrrl
Member Avatar

Ms. Swan

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

That was awesome. :lol:

jwsel
Member Avatar

Thinking a little further, some of the the men's hair from 1986-87 not make the list? I can't find pics, but I'm thinking of RoJohn, Mike, Shane, and Lars rocking sky-high mullets. Lars, in particular, looked like the hair stylists just placed a helmet of hair on his head, though RoJohn and Shane in full poodle mode weren't far behind.

I can't believe I didn't nominate Kim's outfit in this clip. RoJohn rocking the lumberjack look on Christmas also is pretty bad. And poor Andrew. Max and Benji get to dress like normal kids, but Andrew has to dress like a bad maitre d'. (Shane's sweater is from his Cosby-era sweater collection, but this one is hardly the worst of the set.)

One thing I do give the 80s and early 90s wardrobe departments credit for was that the characters actually had wardrobes. They actually would wear the same clothing from time to time, even years later, like real people with closets do. (And not like EJ during his grey suit/pink shirt phase, where wearing the same clothing just made the wardrobe department look cheap.)

Dany_E

SocRMum1
Mar 25 2013, 03:32 PM
lysie
Casey
tomsawyer

Posted Image
Posted Image
I can't remember - but didn't she start her last run wearing some huge hat...or was it a turban? I just remember thinking it was gawd awful. :laugh:
Prince Valiant?

TheMovieGourmet.com

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

ladyofthelake
Mar 25 2013, 06:13 AM
So, spill the beans.............WHY did CC want that bra?
From what I remember, when the scene aired, a lot of people questioned the wardrobe choice. At first, CC tried to pass it off as either one of Chloe's, or say that Nadia had told her it would look good, or something like that. She was, as she usually did, passing off the blame to someone else. Eventually the truth came out that it was her own bra. An identical bra was located at Wal-Mart?!

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Brami❤

Matt
Mar 24 2013, 10:11 PM
I.... um.... always liked the big evening gowns in the 80s (I especially LOVE the black & white one on Hope). And I still love quite a few of them.
Me too! I used to dress my Barbies up in the biggest, frilliest gowns! And IA, I think KA looks gorgeous in that b&w gown! :blulaugh:

I definitely think the '09 Philip hair is the absolute WORST. I'll take Steve's orange vest & the 80's big hair over that travesty any day!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Dany_E
Mar 25 2013, 05:09 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 25 2013, 03:32 PM
lysie
Casey

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image
Posted Image
Prince Valiant?

TheMovieGourmet.com
:lol:

cajnej
Member Avatar

Thank you so much for posting this Lyse and thanks to everyone else for posting those pictures. That was so much fun to look at. I loved The Walmart bra story too!!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Who can forget about Howie's plaid jackets?

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply