Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Best Hair and Wardrobe Fails
Topic Started: Mar 24 2013, 08:05 PM (3,729 Views)
jwsel
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 28 2013, 10:58 AM
Who can forget about Howie's plaid jackets?

Posted Image
See I can't consider Howie's jackets or Calliope's OTT wardrobe as "fails," because they were intended to be ridiculous and reflective of the characters' questionable taste.

The "fails" are when the character's wardrobe completely didn't fit the character (ala most of Sami's Target/Sears wardrobe or Kate's blue hair, which are ludicrous for high-level female executives in a business that would be as fashion conscious as cosmetics), where the wardrobe/hair was "in" at the time and we now can't believe anyone looked like that (e.g., the 80s big hair, poofy dresses period), or where a character that seemed like he or she should have had decent taste shows up in WTF? outfits (Kayla generally, Carly's bra, or Marlena's rainbow suit).

On another site, we were doing a rewatch of Mike and Robin videos. Robin's hair was pretty bad, but teenage Jennifer's hair and wardrobe in a lot of those clips are hysterical. Does anyone have screencaps?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

I don't have any Jennifer, but you did remind me of this.

And scrolling through my twitter pics, I found this, this, and this as well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Silversprings
Member Avatar

Here is another one:

Posted Image

King
Member Avatar

Best hair fails would be anything on the show in the last year. LOL.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

Melissa:

Posted Image

Jennifer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh. Dear. I actually remember that dress on Melissa and remember thinking at the time that it was awful.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I had a blue dress like that one with less poofy hips.

I too can find no fault with the comedic genius that was Calliope as her wardrobe suited her eccentric and unique style.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Shick
Mar 25 2013, 01:30 AM
lysie
Mar 24 2013, 08:05 PM
Let’s start with our only “lingerie” nominee. I’m using the word “lingerie” very liberally. This is more like a Wal-Mart bra.
Posted Image
LOL wow :puke:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

You know, look at Bo's face. He is not looking at the bra AT ALL. She is a savy woman saving her money at Walmart. There are places charging $330 for a bra. Way to go Carly!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

i forgot about this random shirt that we got stuck with for weeks on end while Hope was stuck hiding out with Brother Francis:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Supergirlx2, Apr 1 2013, 11:28 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply