Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/25
Topic Started: Mar 25 2013, 07:18 AM (13,003 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 31 2013, 06:56 PM
JarlenaLante
Mar 31 2013, 06:48 PM
MissLola
Mar 31 2013, 06:27 PM
AFaithL
Mar 31 2013, 06:10 PM
I'm watching an old GH episode on soapnet. Greg Vaughan is playing Lucky. He is a great actor and I HAAAATE how they made him a priest on Days. Let him lose the collar already! He is capable of much more interesting storylines.
I am watching too. I liked him better as Lucky. They made a huge mistake making him a priest. They severely limited his options. And totally off topic, Sonny and Emily.... :x :yuk:
I don't mind Eric's being a priest---was a big fan of the original Thorn Bird mini-series, and the Ericole story makes me nostalgic. Although I am right there with you on Sonny and Emily. That was a huge WTF pairing.
Yeah, but I get the feeling they might have changed their minds on Ericole, because they want Eric to remain a priest, PERMENANTLY. And that would suck. I don't mind him being a priest temporarily, but for good? Uh, no thanks. No need to waste Greg Vaughan in a sex-less role.

I don't get that feeling at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Personally I would rather Eric stay a priest. I like seeing a person of faith on the show and I hate they are going to have him break it. I knew they were going to have him break it because he is Eric and he is Nicole first love and they brought him on for her. But i would rather a priest be a priest and not break his vows to God even though its a TV show.
Online Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 07:18 PM
Personally I would rather Eric stay a priest. I like seeing a person of faith on the show and I hate they are going to have him break it. I knew they were going to have him break it because he is Eric and he is Nicole first love and they brought him on for her. But i would rather a priest be a priest and not break his vows to God even though its a TV show.
I think if they are going to pair Eric with Nicole in the future he would leave the priesthood before he slept with her. JMO though. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't want him to stay a priest. Father Matt and that other dude can keep their vows. If we'd seen Eric go through the process of wanting to become a priest and then taking his vows or whatever, I might could see the point in keeping him a priest, but we didn't. And truthfully, I probably still wouldn't want him to stay one, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Tammy
Mar 31 2013, 07:21 PM
DawnElicia
I think if they are going to pair Eric with Nicole in the future he would leave the priesthood before he slept with her. JMO though. :shrug:
I would rather him not sleep with her at all and stay true to the vows he made.
Online Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Tammy
DawnElicia
I agree. I think Eric will do something that will cause him to feel unworthy of being a priest, but it won't be sleeping with Nicole.....that won't happen until he's no longer a priest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 31 2013, 07:22 PM
I don't want him to stay a priest. Father Matt and that other dude can keep their vows. If we'd seen Eric go through the process of wanting to become a priest and then taking his vows or whatever, I might could see the point in keeping him a priest, but we didn't. And truthfully, I probably still wouldn't want him to stay one, lol.
I understand but i feel its wrong to break them. It sends the wrong message. I understand this is days we are talking about but still.
Online Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 07:23 PM
Tammy
DawnElicia
I would rather him not sleep with her at all and stay true to the vows he made.
No thanks. Father Matt can stay a priest. Eric needs to eventually leave the priesthood. He can serve God in other ways. Maybe become a counselor for inner-city youth. But I agree with lysie...I want him to leave the priesthood eventually. Not due to sex, but due to realizing that you don't HAVE to be a priest and be a person of faith.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 07:27 PM
lysie
I understand but i feel its wrong to break them. It sends the wrong message. I understand this is days we are talking about but still.
It was "wrong" for Marlena to have an affair with John, too. But it was a damn good (and very popular) storyline. It was worth it.

Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Personally, I find Nicole living in a convent and standing around in awe of the wonderful specialness that is Eric :sleep2: and a complete waste of Arianne Zucker's talent
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
lysie
Yeah, of all the bad messages Days sends, this one is pretty low on my list.

And while I do agree that they're dragging this, I'm very grateful for it. In October, I was just as over Nicole as I am Sami, EJ, and Rafe. This epically slow story has restored her personality back to where I liked her before and gotten me back in her corner. I wish they'd do likewise with the other three.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

There's no way they'd waste Eric on the priesthood, and although I don't want Nicole to cause Eric's fall from grace, I wouldn't complain if he went to her room and delivered the wrong message to her, so to speak, every day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 31 2013, 07:31 PM
DawnElicia
lysie
It was "wrong" for Marlena to have an affair with John, too. But it was a damn good (and very popular) storyline. It was worth it.

I agree it was wrong for John and Marlena to have their affair and it was worth it to some as for me I am a non John and Marlena fan as a couple so them together does nothing for me. I know shocking there are a few of us non fans out there.
Online Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

six
Mar 31 2013, 07:37 PM
There's no way they'd waste Eric on the priesthood, and although I don't want Nicole to cause Eric's fall from grace, I wouldn't complain if he went to her room and delivered the wrong message to her, so to speak, every day.
Oh i know it will not happen. But i do wish it wouldnt happen. It would be a waste of GV. I do see that if its Nicole the casue of it she would feel guilty and the entire Brady family would be going off on her.
Online Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I like the reasoning they gave for why Eric became a priest or at least why he was having his nightmares. Its obvious that the trauma of what he went through caused him to make a hasty decision. I mean becoming a priest is a huge deal and shouldn't be taken lightly. I think he THINKS he's serious about it, but there's going to come a time when he realizes that he jumped the gun. He can still be a good guy and having sex with Nicole every day and night. Doesn't need to be a priest to be a good person. I do hope they keep this slow build, as long as they stay focused.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 31 2013, 07:37 PM
DawnElicia
lysie
Yeah, of all the bad messages Days sends, this one is pretty low on my list.

And while I do agree that they're dragging this, I'm very grateful for it. In October, I was just as over Nicole as I am Sami, EJ, and Rafe. This epically slow story has restored her personality back to where I liked her before and gotten me back in her corner. I wish they'd do likewise with the other three.
Yeah i know that days sends a lot of bad messages but thats how i am feeling right now. The vows to God are sacred and should be treated as such so for me i would like him to keep them. I know it wont happen and the show is dragging it out.
Online Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

If anyone wants to talk about the GH marathon there's a thread about it in the GH section here. I know some are shocked to know there are areas outsdide of the Days one here.

I'm kidding kind of... :P

Anyway here's that link. I was posting about the first few episodes I watched then realized I was talking to myself.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8783728/1/
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Eric becoming a priest to honor his friend makes no sense to me. The man wasn't conducting the three-ring circuses that are Salem weddings, the man was working as a priest in the CONGO because the people there were importent to him, he felt that helping those people was worth risking his life. Salem doesn't have a shortage of priests. Eric is doing nothing for the people of the Congo, or furthering his friend's work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Didn't the Church send Eric to Salem?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 31 2013, 07:59 PM
Didn't the Church send Eric to Salem?
Yep
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic