Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/25
Topic Started: Mar 25 2013, 07:18 AM (12,818 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 07:48 PM
lysie
Mar 31 2013, 07:37 PM
DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 07:27 PM
lysie
Mar 31 2013, 07:22 PM
I don't want him to stay a priest. Father Matt and that other dude can keep their vows. If we'd seen Eric go through the process of wanting to become a priest and then taking his vows or whatever, I might could see the point in keeping him a priest, but we didn't. And truthfully, I probably still wouldn't want him to stay one, lol.
I understand but i feel its wrong to break them. It sends the wrong message. I understand this is days we are talking about but still.
Yeah, of all the bad messages Days sends, this one is pretty low on my list.

And while I do agree that they're dragging this, I'm very grateful for it. In October, I was just as over Nicole as I am Sami, EJ, and Rafe. This epically slow story has restored her personality back to where I liked her before and gotten me back in her corner. I wish they'd do likewise with the other three.
Yeah i know that days sends a lot of bad messages but thats how i am feeling right now. The vows to God are sacred and should be treated as such so for me i would like him to keep them. I know it wont happen and the show is dragging it out.
So think about Maria Von Trapp. Wouldn't it be worse if he broke his vows by having a sexual relationship with Nicole WHILE being a priest? Maria Von Trapp hadn't taken her vows, but she did discover she was meant for something else. I'm sure it happens more than you think. If (and I mean in real life), he was meant for something else, then the vows don't mean much, do they? Even taking a vow can be a mistake. Look at the divorce rate!

I don't think he's meant to have taken them lightly, BUT many people take vows like this in the emotion of the moment.

That being said, if they showed him serving God in another capacity (such as continuing with the prisoner program or something), that would be fine.

What am I saying? This IS a soap. If someone gets a wrong message about this, they shouldn't be watching a soap. There are a TON of wrong messages sent in a soap!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I don't mind the slowness of Ericole at all. I'd like to see them get more screentime and see a little but more longing from Eric's side (perhaps that's coming with Vargas) but I think the slow pace is awesome. I want an old-fashioned, soapy build where they are kept apart, go through so much and are so obviously in love before they even kiss. Sigh....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 07:44 PM
six
There's no way they'd waste Eric on the priesthood, and although I don't want Nicole to cause Eric's fall from grace, I wouldn't complain if he went to her room and delivered the wrong message to her, so to speak, every day.
Oh i know it will not happen. But i do wish it wouldnt happen. It would be a waste of GV. I do see that if its Nicole the casue of it she would feel guilty and the entire Brady family would be going off on her.
This is what causes me to worry about the Ericole storyline as a whole. I loved Ejole , but since they have made EJ into this wuss and insist on Ejami right now I just want a good storyline for Nicole. AZ for me is one of the strongest actresses on the show, and to see her wasted is annoying the heck out of me. I would like to see Eric , if they go with Ericole, to decide on his own to leave the priesthood and then pursue Nicole. However, with these writers and their love of squeezing fan fiction romances I can't see that happening. And yes, the Bradys will probably depict Nicole to be the Whore of all Whores with Semi leading the charge, and Marlena blowing a fit with vitrol while she has barely given a glance to Sami making her bed in the house of the man who has plotted repeatedly to ruin her family. THIS I think will annoy me more than anything, since if the Bradys are good at anything it would be hypocrisy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 31 2013, 08:08 PM
DawnElicia
lysie
DawnElicia

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

And while I do agree that they're dragging this, I'm very grateful for it. In October, I was just as over Nicole as I am Sami, EJ, and Rafe. This epically slow story has restored her personality back to where I liked her before and gotten me back in her corner. I wish they'd do likewise with the other three.
Yeah i know that days sends a lot of bad messages but thats how i am feeling right now. The vows to God are sacred and should be treated as such so for me i would like him to keep them. I know it wont happen and the show is dragging it out.
So think about Maria Von Trapp. Wouldn't it be worse if he broke his vows by having a sexual relationship with Nicole WHILE being a priest? Maria Von Trapp hadn't taken her vows, but she did discover she was meant for something else. I'm sure it happens more than you think. If (and I mean in real life), he was meant for something else, then the vows don't mean much, do they? Even taking a vow can be a mistake. Look at the divorce rate!

I don't think he's meant to have taken them lightly, BUT many people take vows like this in the emotion of the moment.

That being said, if they showed him serving God in another capacity (such as continuing with the prisoner program or something), that would be fine.

What am I saying? This IS a soap. If someone gets a wrong message about this, they shouldn't be watching a soap. There are a TON of wrong messages sent in a soap!
Are we talking about the real Maria Von Trap or the Hollywood romanticize verison of it.

I agree you shouldnt look to soaps to send a message. I just in my preference prefer he stays the way he is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 09:23 PM
ladyofthelake
DawnElicia
lysie

Are we talking about the real Maria Von Trap or the Hollywood romanticize verison of it.

I agree you shouldnt look to soaps to send a message. I just in my preference prefer he stays the way he is.
While I agree it would be nice to see a young man of faith choose and stay in the priesthood, it was kind of already put out there that Eric did not choose his vocation for the right reasons. He did it out of guilt, as if he needs to replace the priest who was killed due to his inaction. There was an outside element there that had nothing to do with a true calling from God. People do this, and that's why the church gives you an out.

Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

^^ Personally, I think that the writers have done a good job on Nicole thus far --- in terms of making her fall from grace and then redeeming her...I was not a Nicole fan during her scheming days, but I am not in her corner and rooting for her. That said, I don't want the writers to make her fall from grace again by making her to be the one who will make the first move to make Ericole happen. I would rather not have Ericole happen at all rather than having Nicole make the first move. Nicole's character has always been the one who has chased after men, so I just want it for her to have someone who will find her worthwhile to be chased after. I just wish that the writers will just do it the "right" way and NOT the controversial way of doing things by making priest Eric go after Nicole, because it would still end up with Nicole looking bad in this situation given her history. Just make it simple, writers: Make Eric decide to leave priesthood and then go after Nicole (this is actually what John did before he made another clean break with Kristen back in 1995-1996). I don't mind seeing this again.

Sami is the biggest hypocrite among the Bradys. Everybody seems to forget that Marlena has given a mouthful on Sami when she told her about her romance with EJ. Marlena tried to advice her against it and gave her 2 cents, but all Sami did was huff, puff, and lumber around and whine some more. What is a mother to do? At the end of the day, Sami is an adult, and Marlena will not be the type to scheme behind her daughter's back trying to break them apart. With regards to Eric and Nicole, Eric has always been the "level-headed" kid compared to Carrie and Sami, so I would tend to think that Marlena trusts his judgement and trusts that he will do the right thing given that he is a priest....and given Nicole's history, it is understandable that Marlena would tend to distrust Nicole over Eric. I mean, what is Marlena supposed to do? Cheer when the day comes that Nicole has successfully seduced Father Eric out of the convent? Of course not. As a mother, I think that Marlena will support Eric if he ever decides to go out of priesthood and explore his options of a possible romance with Nicole, as long as they BOTH make a clean break and do things the right way. Eric and Sami may be twins, BUT they are nothing alike, and Eric is a "good" twin and Marlena trusts his judgement. It's a normal reaction. Marlena may be a psychiatrist by profession....but with her kids, she has to be a mother first, a friend second and a psychiatrist last.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 31 2013, 08:10 PM
DawnElicia
six
There's no way they'd waste Eric on the priesthood, and although I don't want Nicole to cause Eric's fall from grace, I wouldn't complain if he went to her room and delivered the wrong message to her, so to speak, every day.
Oh i know it will not happen. But i do wish it wouldnt happen. It would be a waste of GV. I do see that if its Nicole the casue of it she would feel guilty and the entire Brady family would be going off on her.
This is what causes me to worry about the Ericole storyline as a whole. I loved Ejole , but since they have made EJ into this wuss and insist on Ejami right now I just want a good storyline for Nicole. AZ for me is one of the strongest actresses on the show, and to see her wasted is annoying the heck out of me. I would like to see Eric , if they go with Ericole, to decide on his own to leave the priesthood and then pursue Nicole. However, with these writers and their love of squeezing fan fiction romances I can't see that happening. And yes, the Bradys will probably depict Nicole to be the Whore of all Whores with Semi leading the charge, and Marlena blowing a fit with vitrol while she has barely given a glance to Sami making her bed in the house of the man who has plotted repeatedly to ruin her family. THIS I think will annoy me more than anything, since if the Bradys are good at anything it would be hypocrisy.
AZ does nothing for me i am not really a fan of her or her character. I do think its silly that they are wasting her character living in convent of a chruch when she is former mrs dimera.

This Eric and Nicole storyline is dragging and it seems that Eric doesnt want her to have any fun and just stay in the chruch. Why cant so go out if she wants to. While i find her friendship with Chloe ridculous its a shame she is propping fetch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 31 2013, 09:30 PM
DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 09:23 PM
ladyofthelake
DawnElicia

While I agree it would be nice to see a young man of faith choose and stay in the priesthood, it was kind of already put out there that Eric did not choose his vocation for the right reasons. He did it out of guilt, as if he needs to replace the priest who was killed due to his inaction. There was an outside element there that had nothing to do with a true calling from God. People do this, and that's why the church gives you an out.

That is understandable. But he couldnt have joined the priest hood for the wrong reasons but then he found his true calling. That does happen a lot. You start out doing something unexpected and you realize its what you should have been doing all along.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

^^^I think you have a point with Nicole propping Fetch, but I have found it more as Nicole tryingto stop Chloe from making a king sized idiot oit of herself. It's also part of her redemption tour apparently, since she is trying to help her "friend" Daniel.

Eta: I think its possible , but its also possible to enter the clergy and find your true calling is actually in the married life. I worked in a Catholic High School for five years, and two of my coworkers were former sisters in the order that ran the school. One actually married a former priest. There was no prejudice or penalty - they just chose incorrectly and were given an out. I am a practicing Catholic (heck, look at my name! If I weren't my mom would kill me ;). ) and I don't see a problem with it.
Edited by Cathalina, Mar 31 2013, 09:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 09:38 PM
Cathalina
DawnElicia
six
AZ does nothing for me i am not really a fan of her or her character. I do think its silly that they are wasting her character living in convent of a chruch when she is former mrs dimera.

This Eric and Nicole storyline is dragging and it seems that Eric doesnt want her to have any fun and just stay in the chruch. Why cant so go out if she wants to. While i find her friendship with Chloe ridculous its a shame she is propping fetch.
I think that's actually where we're seeing his feelings for her at this point. I don't think he doesn't want her to have fun. I think he doesn't want her to find someone else. I just don't think he realizes that's what he wants.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 31 2013, 10:07 PM
DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 09:38 PM
Cathalina
DawnElicia

I think that's actually where we're seeing his feelings for her at this point. I don't think he doesn't want her to have fun. I think he doesn't want her to find someone else. I just don't think he realizes that's what he wants.
I can see him not wanting to lose her if she was to go out. Because if she was to go out and find someone he would be alone and he likes the support and conversation she gives him. But i dont see Nicole abandoning him if she did find someone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 31 2013, 09:48 PM
^^^I think you have a point with Nicole propping Fetch, but I have found it more as Nicole tryingto stop Chloe from making a king sized idiot oit of herself. It's also part of her redemption tour apparently, since she is trying to help her "friend" Daniel.

Eta: I think its possible , but its also possible to enter the clergy and find your true calling is actually in the married life. I worked in a Catholic High School for five years, and two of my coworkers were former sisters in the order that ran the school. One actually married a former priest. There was no prejudice or penalty - they just chose incorrectly and were given an out. I am a practicing Catholic (heck, look at my name! If I weren't my mom would kill me ;). ) and I don't see a problem with it.
I dont see the point of the Nicole redemption tour. I dont think she needs to be redeeemed. She came on as a bad girl and she should stay that way. Her being goody goody and being at the chruch and propping fetch is boring.

Thats cool about the other stuff you said but i think the real story would be if he didnt leave the chruch and stay true vs giving it up then eventually being with Nicole then having everyone turn on her because even if eric says its his choice they will always blame her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

ladyofthelake
DawnElicia
lysie
DawnElicia

Yes, I love this post! People can take their vows seriously and still decide that it wasn't the right life choice. I don't think it's disrespectful to show that not every person who starts down that path finishes it. It can be an empathetic, human story to tell.
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 31 2013, 10:07 PM
That's what made those episodes so great. It wasn't just that Eric was worried about her going to a club or living her life a certain way. It was the subtext that he didn't want her hooking up with some random guy because of his feelings for her. Given his priesthood, it's easy for both Eric and Nicole to see any of Eric's feelings in the context of his desire to help her and take care of her. I think that's what we may see with Vargas as well. He will say he's concerned anout her hooking up with an ex-con, but we will again see glimpses of his own jealousy at play. At some stage, he's hopefully going to be out of excuses and both he and Nicole will have to acknowledge the real reason for his concern about her choices.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

DawnElicia
Mar 31 2013, 10:34 PM
Cathalina

I dont see the point of the Nicole redemption tour. I dont think she needs to be redeeemed. She came on as a bad girl and she should stay that way. Her being goody goody and being at the chruch and propping fetch is boring.

Thats cool about the other stuff you said but i think the real story would be if he didnt leave the chruch and stay true vs giving it up then eventually being with Nicole then having everyone turn on her because even if eric says its his choice they will always blame her.
She's always getting blamed for something...why not something that makes her happy?

Anyway, I agree with those who say Eric's concern for Nicole's actions have to do with his growing attraction for her. It had better become obvious soon because his "I'm a Priest, That's Why!" excuse is getting old.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Cathalina

Maybe I have a different interpretation of redemption than others, but I think it's necessary. Being redeemed doesn't have to mean Nicole becomes a good person or changes her personality, but a certain amount of redemption needs to happen if villains are going to be kept on canvas and as a normal part of Salem. It's an issue I have with EJ, Sami, and Stefano (and really...even Kate, Brady, Gabi, and Will) and it's an issue I'm probably going to have with Kristen soon. They don't have to change who they are, but when you do the kinds of things that they do, a certain amount of redemption needs to happen in order for it to be believable that they could live in the same town as the people they did it to. I think they've done a good job with Nicole as far as the Fetch stuff goes even if it is annoying, but they did a horrible, terrible job with it after the Sydnapping. I wish they'd take the time to do that kind of redemption with others.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 31 2013, 11:00 PM
DawnElicia
Cathalina

Maybe I have a different interpretation of redemption than others, but I think it's necessary. Being redeemed doesn't have to mean Nicole becomes a good person or changes her personality, but a certain amount of redemption needs to happen if villains are going to be kept on canvas and as a normal part of Salem. It's an issue I have with EJ, Sami, and Stefano (and really...even Kate, Brady, Gabi, and Will) and it's an issue I'm probably going to have with Kristen soon. They don't have to change who they are, but when you do the kinds of things that they do, a certain amount of redemption needs to happen in order for it to be believable that they could live in the same town as the people they did it to. I think they've done a good job with Nicole as far as the Fetch stuff goes even if it is annoying, but they did a horrible, terrible job with it after the Sydnapping. I wish they'd take the time to do that kind of redemption with others.
Good point. I feel Nicole personality has changed. She is not how she use to be right now she is dull and boring because of the storyline she is in and the only reason why its picking up is because of Vargas. No way would Nicole give to shakes about fetch and their problems with Chloe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
DawnElicia
lysie
DawnElicia

Great, now I've got "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria" running through my head on continuous loop....thanks a lot! :toetap:

(please read the last part sarcastically ;) )
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 31 2013, 07:14 PM
AFaithL
Mar 31 2013, 06:56 PM
JarlenaLante
Mar 31 2013, 06:48 PM
MissLola
Mar 31 2013, 06:27 PM

I don't mind Eric's being a priest---was a big fan of the original Thorn Bird mini-series, and the Ericole story makes me nostalgic. Although I am right there with you on Sonny and Emily. That was a huge WTF pairing.
Yeah, but I get the feeling they might have changed their minds on Ericole, because they want Eric to remain a priest, PERMENANTLY. And that would suck. I don't mind him being a priest temporarily, but for good? Uh, no thanks. No need to waste Greg Vaughan in a sex-less role.

I don't get that feeling at all.
me neither; in fact i'd be pretty upset if they had already let Eric break his vows. This is definitely one story where it should be much better dragged out as it is. Plus, Nicole needed some "me time".
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

You know if Eric really wants to be a Catholic priest, he should change religions and be a priest/reverend/whatever they call it, marry Nicole, and then convert back. Well...maybe that's just in England where they allow you to be married if you converted, idk for sure. In any case, I think it could be a work around.
Edited by blueskies, Mar 31 2013, 11:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic