Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Breaking News: OLTL Stars Head Back to GH
Topic Started: Mar 25 2013, 09:31 AM (3,344 Views)
Mason

I honestly don't know why either Alderson or Easton is considered integral enough to go to all the trouble to keep them on GH. And if he's not playing Todd, I really don't have much use for Howarth, either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Ugh to all of this.

And can the soap press stop building Ron's ego? Yes, he's good. He isn't the be all end all that they make him out to be, IMHO. Any writer could have gone onto GH and brought back veterans.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Roger Howarth FITS General Hospital perfectly. I think they can make him any number of characters, but I really do hope he's a Quartermaine. Seeing him interacting more with Tracy and AJ could be gold. I hope they can keep his snarkiness and wit because Todd Manning has the best dialogue on all of daytime. I know he has to be different, but making him a Q basically means he has to be witty anyway. And rich. So its perfection already.

As far as Michael Easton, I think this could really be a good thing. After seeing him play Caleb, McBain seemed so DULL. I always hated McBain on OLTL anyway and he wasn't really working for me on GH, but I loved him as Caleb. He showed how much personality Michael Easton actually has. If they bring him in as a totally unrelated character that is kind of a mix between Caleb and McBain, I could see this working out nicely. It would actually be an improvement over before he left. Although I absolutely loved his exit scenes with Sam (Better than any scenes they shared during his whole run) and Anna.

My biggest issue is Kristen Alderson. I started to like Starr and Michael at the verrrrry end. They were really clicking for me and now I'm not sure. Her biggest appeal is her chemistry with Roger Howarth and now they probably won't be allowed to be father/daughter. I don't want her to be Serena Baldwin at all because I'm not sure if she will have chemistry with Lucy, Scotty, and Kevin. But I would prefer that to having her be Franco's daughter. I want Lauren Frank to be a little creepy and shady and I really don't think KA has that in her.

I'm really fine with this. Todd is the only CHARACTER that I would miss out of the three and I think RH is more than capable of making this work seamlessly.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Here's PPs response to the news about the RH/KA/MiE heading back to GH as new characters: http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/the-other-side-of-the-story-prospect-park-tried-to-work-deal-to-share-characters-with-gh-to-no-avail/2013/03/25/

I don't mind this as much as I did when I read it yesterday. Although I hate that RH/KA/MiE won't be a part of the new OLTL outside of the 4 wks RH is filming now, at least they won't be on GH continuing their lives elsewhere when they should be in Llanview. I couldnt take much more of Carly/Todd or Starr/Michael..only GH pairing I'll miss is McBam. And as entertaining as Todd has been on GH (minus his forced pairing with Carly) goofy, loveable Todd is a far cry from the Todd I remember. I'm willing to see what they do with RH and ME this time around, KA is useless to me. I only tolerate her because she's the love child of one of my favorite couples.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

KMan101
Mar 25 2013, 06:36 PM
And can the soap press stop building Ron's ego? Yes, he's good. He isn't the be all end all that they make him out to be, IMHO. Any writer could have gone onto GH and brought back veterans.
But in today's soap standards, Carlivati is the end all be all. He didn't just bring back veterans. Any writer on DAYS can tell you that doesn't work. He brought them back with stories that viewers want to see. The press is highlighting his work because it showed to be successful, at least in the ratings. He gets the soap opera genre better than any other current head writer on any show.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

ABC's fault. If ABC hadn't canceled ONE LIFE when it was the top rated soap on ABC none of this would be happening. John, Starr & Todd never would have been on GH to begin with and they're be no PP One Life with only 30 min episodes with about 1/3 of the cast. The only thing that benefited from this is GH, but now they're gonna be hurt by Howarth, Alderson & Easton playing characters instead of the ones GH fans have known and maybe loved as well.

Hoping Roger Howarth ends up going back to GH ONLY to ride out his contract and then goes back to ONE LIFE permanently as Todd. Then GH would have to write off or re-cast whatever new character they come up for Howarth. ONE LIFE should just re-cast Starr and John. It's a pitiful shame that GH and ABC couldn't spare Kristen Alderson for only 1 damn week and Michael Easton for up to 4!! Shows it's ABC's damned fault. Pretty pissed at ABC!
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Mar 26 2013, 01:05 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I want these three back - the Mannings in particular - but I'm not sure how this is going to work at all. I mean, Howarth IS Todd. Here's hoping for the best...

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

If you believe that Michael Fairman spin piece you need help. I don't trust ABC at all, but Michael Fairman is obviously in Prospect Park's pocket with the way he wrote that article.

If you think ABC wouldn't lend KA for a week and ME for a month and be done with it, you're crazy! First of all the actors might not have wanted to do it because of the way things went down beforehand. KA has repeatedly said she had no plans to do OLTL, but if ABC said go work there for a week she likely would have.

I'm positive PP wanted to have creative control of the characters WHILE they were on General Hospital and the option for crossovers whenever they want. As much as I love Ron Carlivati and as much as I WORSHIP Thom Racina they would have made a total mess out of all of the characters trying to write three different characters working on two shows.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

This sounds dumb as shit! Just hand them over to Prospect Park/OLTL and let it be! They were always OLTL characters - now that the show is back they should be in Llanview, not Port Charles!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Two actors don't want to do the show. I'm sure Starr and McBain will be in Llanview. Maybe even Todd too, although it would be VERY stupid to have Howarth there for a month and then recast Todd.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 25 2013, 06:22 PM
I honestly don't know why either Alderson or Easton is considered integral enough to go to all the trouble to keep them on GH. And if he's not playing Todd, I really don't have much use for Howarth, either.
I much preferred Trevor St. John as Todd anyway.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

bstreis
Mar 26 2013, 10:37 AM
pssh!

Bullshit article, and heavily slanted. That's awesome that PP only wanted Alderson for a week and Easton for 4. Conveniently lacking mention is what they wanted RH for .... I suspect they were not nearly as "reasonable" there since Todd's been the sticking point for everyone.

Doesn't OLTL have TSJ back? It's completely unnecessary for them to have both Todds, "Victor" fit well with all of his leading women and after trying to kill him Todd's pretty much done with Blair. Let GH keep him and move on with TSJ.
Edited by Drew, Mar 26 2013, 06:34 PM.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 26 2013, 05:31 PM
If you believe that Michael Fairman spin piece you need help. I don't trust ABC at all, but Michael Fairman is obviously in Prospect Park's pocket with the way he wrote that article.

If you think ABC wouldn't lend KA for a week and ME for a month and be done with it, you're crazy! First of all the actors might not have wanted to do it because of the way things went down beforehand. KA has repeatedly said she had no plans to do OLTL, but if ABC said go work there for a week she likely would have.

I'm positive PP wanted to have creative control of the characters WHILE they were on General Hospital and the option for crossovers whenever they want. As much as I love Ron Carlivati and as much as I WORSHIP Thom Racina they would have made a total mess out of all of the characters trying to write three different characters working on two shows.
I felt the same way too as I read the Fairman piece. I just can't believe this was over a couple of weeks of work. While I am glad PP is bringing the shows back, I have just not always trusted them. I recall another time where there were problems it was the WGA's fault and PP felt they were being completely fair in their dealings and the WGA wasn't being cooperative. Not that I trust ABC 100% either, but they profit just the same if the online shows are successful. I wouldn't put it past ABC to be saying have the characters, we'll take the actors as a negotiation tactic. I believe there is more to this story and more to come.

Someone needs to serious create a show of all the behind the scenes drama of a soap opera.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't even get why the ever "reasonable" PP wanted Alderson, or needed her? OLTL ended with Star moving far far away. Show returns an she's still gone. What's the problem here? Some greed in wanting perceived popular characters just for the sake of having them?

Atleast as controversial as he may be, John is the father of Natalie's baby and ended the show in her arms. That needs explaining. Todd and Victor need explaining. Star? She's at school. The end.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

cubsgirl
Mar 26 2013, 06:30 PM
DiMeraFan67

I felt the same way too as I read the Fairman piece. I just can't believe this was over a couple of weeks of work. While I am glad PP is bringing the shows back, I have just not always trusted them. I recall another time where there were problems it was the WGA's fault and PP felt they were being completely fair in their dealings and the WGA wasn't being cooperative. Not that I trust ABC 100% either, but they profit just the same if the online shows are successful. I wouldn't put it past ABC to be saying have the characters, we'll take the actors as a negotiation tactic. I believe there is more to this story and more to come.

Someone needs to serious create a show of all the behind the scenes drama of a soap opera.
Prospect Park really hasn't earned any respect. They're filled All My Children atleast 50% with high school unknowns and done a couple of nice photoshoots. That's it.

It doesn't erase how the screwed over both shows in 2011 with cliffhangers when the didn't have their house in order to pull off the venture. Or how they blamed the WGA and the actors for not signing on with them when they didn't get their way.

Produce an hour of quality, promote it, and make it successful and then we'll talk.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

NocturnalBlondie
Mar 26 2013, 06:17 PM
This sounds dumb as shit! Just hand them over to Prospect Park/OLTL and let it be! They were always OLTL characters - now that the show is back they should be in Llanview, not Port Charles!
If those thee would rather live in LA than commute to Connecticut or get paid with money rather than promises how can we fault them?

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 26 2013, 06:49 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Mar 26 2013, 06:17 PM
If those thee would rather live in LA than commute to Connecticut or get paid with money rather than promises how can we fault them?
I'm talking about the characters as it says on my post.

To elaborate on my "this sounds dumb as shit": I think it's dumb as shit to go through all this trouble to keep these three. I personally don't enjoy them all that much, minus Todd's one-liners... and don't see the purpose of keeping them, especially if their characters can't even legally be on the show.
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Mar 26 2013, 07:07 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DiMeraFan67
Shallow post.

What is that site trying to be? A soap news blog, or a Mens Warehouse?

"You're going to like the way you look, I guarantee it"

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I could handle one of them coming back to GH as someone else possibly. All three returning just doesn't seem plausible unless it's over a long period of time or something and time isn't something the remaining soaps have anymore.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 26 2013, 07:09 PM
DiMeraFan67
Shallow post.

What is that site trying to be? A soap news blog, or a Mens Warehouse?

"You're going to like the way you look, I guarantee it"
My post was shallow or Michael Fairman's was? I truly believe he was spinning this whole scenario for Prospect Park.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply