Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Lindsey Morgan OUT as Kristina!
Topic Started: Mar 26 2013, 04:34 PM (1,177 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM ET
GH's Kristina Is Out!

Lindsey Morgan (Kristina) announced today on her Facebook page that she would be leaving GENERAL HOSPITAL.

"It is with a heavy heart I have to announce that my time at Port Charles has come to an end," she writes. "I'm not sure where Kristina is headed next but it was a beyond amazing opportunity to portray her... be part of the Davis Girls... have the Corinthos' passion and temper run though my veins and to witness history being made on this momentous show! I learned so much and am so grateful for the friendships I've made and experiences I've had. GH will always have a special place in my heart and I cannot thank y'all enough for tuning in loyally to watch me live my dream. But more importantly, Thank y'all for your endless love, letters, support, encouragement, kind words, even the little hello's or a sweet smiley face that love kept me going when I had difficulty navigating through Kristina's and my own journey this past year. Whenever I felt lost, I never truly felt alone and for that, I am eternally gratefully. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for your love. Thank you. Now keep watching GH! The Nurses' Ball is mere days away!"

At this point, we have no information on when Morgan will last air on GH, or whether the soap is writing the character out or recasting. But as soon as we hear anything at all, we'll let you know!

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2013/03/ghs-kristina-is-out.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Good. She sucks.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I didn't mind her like others did, but she was nothing to write home about. I think the character was brought back just to bring her back. There was nothing of real substance for her to come back to. The Mob Princess storyline was DOA. I did like her and Trey, but they killed him off. I also would've liked to see something develop between Kristina and Johnny, but then Barash was let go. Kristina had to be next. I know she's Sonny and Alexis' daughter, but both have other children they can deal with. I say send Kristina out of town for now. She's not really needed at the moment.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

She was horrible.

Mason
Member Avatar

Took long enough. Better late than never, though.

amb2kool

why don't they just write off the character instead of changing actresses all the time!

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

About damn time, she was terrible. I was really bummed when they killed off Trey, not that I particularly liked his character but it meant Kristina wasn't going to move to LA after all.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

No surprise.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

bstreis
Mar 26 2013, 07:27 PM
About damn time, she was terrible. I was really bummed when they killed off Trey, not that I particularly liked his character but it meant Kristina wasn't going to move to LA after all.
Killing off Trey was stupid and didn't do much in terms of story either. If we were supposed to feel sorry for "Kate" when she found out her son died then it didn't work because all I could think of was how stupid and pointless it was to kill him off in the first place.

Hopefully Lindsey will look into acting classes since she has some free time now. She got a bit better near the end and with some work she could surpass Kristen Alderson in terms of acting! :wizard:

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Definitely aggravated about this, I thought Lindsey Morgan was a vast improvement over Lexi Ainsworth as Kristina. She looked like she could be Alexis & Sonny's daughter unlike Ainsworth who only resembled Alexis. She wasn't great but I think all of the hate I've seen for her wasn't worth it, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope to God that Kristen Alderson doesn't take over the part, although I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens with Alderson coming back as a brunette. If that doesn't happen GH should recast with someone with more acting experience. I'd choose Brittany Underwood (ex-Langston Wilde Cramer, ONE LIFE) or Melissa Fumero (ex-Adriana Cramer, ONE LIFE).

Agree about Trey. Killing him off was beyond stupid esp. with Kate not getting to know her son. Erik Valdez won me over and turned out to be a pretty good actor, although I always thought they had Trey too young.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Mar 27 2013, 12:41 AM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm not sorry to see Lindsey Morgan go---although she looked like she could be Sonny and Alexis' daughter, she always seemed out of place, especially with the rest of the Davis girls.

lovetoloveya

Kevin_Buchanan
Mar 27 2013, 12:40 AM
Definitely aggravated about this, I thought Lindsey Morgan was a vast improvement over Lexi Ainsworth as Kristina. She looked like she could be Alexis & Sonny's daughter unlike Ainsworth who only resembled Alexis. She wasn't great but I think all of the hate I've seen for her wasn't worth it, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope to God that Kristen Alderson doesn't take over the part, although I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens with Alderson coming back as a brunette. If that doesn't happen GH should recast with someone with more acting experience. I'd choose Brittany Underwood (ex-Langston Wilde Cramer, ONE LIFE) or Melissa Fumero (ex-Adriana Cramer, ONE LIFE).

Agree about Trey. Killing him off was beyond stupid esp. with Kate not getting to know her son. Erik Valdez won me over and turned out to be a pretty good actor, although I always thought they had Trey too young.
I warmed up to Kristina with her in the role but I never got the impression that the writers had any use for the character. I didn't get all the hate for her acting with all the over actors currently on GH. She really stood out more once they killed Trey off. That character was so unnecessary and I found EV way too old looking to play Kate's son or a 25 year old.

Melissa Fumero is a lead in a pilot right now and I don't remember RC and his writers writing well for her when she was on OLTL.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I thought she's been gone for a while now LOL. She hasn't appeared in weeks.

lovetoloveya

KMan101
Mar 27 2013, 06:54 PM
Her last airdate was March 4

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

lovetoloveya
Mar 27 2013, 07:40 PM
KMan101
Mar 27 2013, 06:54 PM
Her last airdate was March 4
Kristina has been gone so long, I don't remember when the last time I saw her, lol.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

They Should have never gotten rid of Lexi. I loved her as Kristina.

Didn't enjoy this recast. Bye

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply