Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 8th; *Updated 4/1*
Topic Started: Mar 27 2013, 12:28 PM (40,799 Views)
kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Will&Sonny
Apr 2 2013, 01:56 PM
Aliaron
Apr 2 2013, 12:32 PM
I still don't get the feeling that Will even wants to be in the kid's life. He does not feel like a character who truly cares for his family.
Are we watching the same show? The one where Will has been staring longingly at that sonogram image of his daughter on an almost weekly basis? The one where Will keeps seeing little girls who remind him of his daughter? The one where Will keeps fretting about what he's going to do when his daughter is born and he's forced to stand on the sidelines and watch as a homophobic jerk raises her and poisons her mind with hateful filth? The one where Will has been almost solely focused on his daughter for months, and especially since the moment that he reunited with Sonny (who was his only other focus in recent months)?

Will feels (or felt, until a few days ago) defeated, yes. He felt like he was going to have to somehow learn to live with something that would be impossible to live with, because he felt like Nick was holding all of the cards (which is stupid, because Nick shouldn't be winning this often, but I've already complained about that). But I can't fathom how anyone could possibly equate that with Will not wanting to be in his daughter's life -- or not truly caring about his family, for that matter, since his family was the only reason that he allowed Nick to blackmail him in the first place. Will has repeatedly stressed that if he were the only one who would suffer the consequences, he wouldn't hesitate to accept responsibility for his crime so that Nick would not have any leverage to use against him. Will's daughter would then be able to visit him in jail, at the very least, and Will would be able to look forward to the future, knowing that he would eventually be released from jail and free to spend the rest of his life with his daughter. But Will can't do that, because Nick isn't just threatening to expose Will's secret -- he's threatening to expose Lucas, Roman, and Hope's secrets, as well. (As an aside, I believe that, while Nick's homophobia is absolutely the primary reason that Nick is obsessed with getting Will out of Will's daughter's life, Nick is also jealous of the fact that Roman and Hope protected Will, but were never willing to protect Nick [ignoring the fact that Nick, unlike Will, was legally an adult when he committed his crimes, since Nick's a psycho who would never acknowledge key details like that -- details that would invalidate his entire argument], so he's willing to ruin their lives just to spite them. That's just speculation on my part at this point, but it'd be interesting to see the writers eventually address that, IMO.)

Personally, I don't believe that Nick truly loves the baby, nor do I believe that Nick truly loves Gabi. Nick's just obsessed with possessing both of them and preventing two gay men from being involved in a child's life. But I absolutely believe that Will loves his daughter.
I totally agree with you. Great post.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 2 2013, 02:58 PM
The baby story blows. It just does. Yeah, it involves a lot of characters and almost all of them are in the wrong roles. There's no Team Gabi. Gabi's barely a part of the story. It's hard to believe that that's a bad thing, but there you go. There's Team Will which is really Team Sami and there's Nick. There's a place for both EJ and Sami in the story and yet they're still in the wrong place. EJ has managed to take on both Lucas' and Marlena's roles (which makes zero sense in either context) and Sami might as well give birth to the baby because she's playing the role Gabi should have. Even the discussions about "the story" aren't actually about the story. That's because the story is not good.
Absolutely agree! My fear with this whole storyline was that it was going to be all about Sami and by george, that's exactly what it is now. How sad.....there was such storyline for Will, Nick, Gabi and Sonny --and honestly, it should have been just them. You have people who could have been sounding boards and instead of having Marlena, Justin, Adrienne, and others, as sounding boards, it goes right to Sami, who really have taken over this storyline.

I've said this before but I'm tired of Sami--tired of all of that becomes Sami. Sometimes, I really think that TPTB need to be reminded that there's others on the cast and to use them to their fullest potential. I just don't think they have and I don't think it looks good either.....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

zanygrrl
Apr 2 2013, 03:36 PM
Will's decision to let Nick and Gabi raise the baby wasn't about Sonny. It didn't become about Sonny until the wedding aftermath. Will actually frequently told Gabi and Nick that Sonny had nothing to do with his decision. When they were first talking about everything (after the clinic) Nick, and later Gabi, were the ones that constantly brought up Sonny. Will always shot them down. He made it very clear that the main reason he went along with the lie was because he wanted his child to have a stable home life. Consider the scene during the Christmas holidays when Will watched Johnny talking to Santa about having lots of chimneys.

I guess the writers wanted to make it more poignant by adding the Sonny angle later on.
Then don't put it in dialogue...the minute they put it in dialogue it becomes part of the story...if they would have left it out then we could come up with a slew of reasons why he didn't want to initially be part of his child's life.....but the minute they put it in a conversation then it's there and it certainly didn't help that he found out about knocking up Gabi immediately after he slept with Sonny and they became an official item.....

Will&Sonny

LuvingLumi
Apr 2 2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:

And I also disagree with the statement that Will was originally willing to give up his daughter simply so that he could be with Sonny. That is not what happened, period.

We constantly complain that this show wants us to ignore what we saw on our screens and frankly I refuse to do that...they put it in dialogue and it played out that way...he didn't want to tell Sonny the truth because he had finally been open and honest with himself and started a relationship with the man he loved and he didn't want to tell him that he had gotten Gabi pregnant, because he feared he would lose Sonny if he told him the truth. Obviously it's a soap but the show puts dialogue in for a reason....you really can't discount it especially when he said it word for word.....and he said just that a little while after he told Sonny the truth.....
The irony of this statement is that you're saying that you refuse to ignore what is being shown on-screen, but that's exactly what you're doing.

You're ignoring this conversation from December 4th, 2012, over one month before the writers had Will claim that he had chosen to give up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny. In this episode, Will even specifically states that Sonny would understand and be supportive of Will, but that doesn't fit into Gabi's perfect little agenda that she's already decided would be best for her, so she plants doubts in Will's mind because she doesn't want him to tell Sonny the truth. Will also specifically talks about the real reason that he's considering Nick's plan in this episode -- he doesn't want his child to be bounced back and forth all of the time like he was, which has nothing to do with Sonny.

You're ignoring these scenes from December 5th, 2012, over one month before the writers had Will claim that he had chosen to give up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny. In this episode, Will even specifically says to Gabi, "You know, you're trying really hard not to beg me to walk away, so obviously, what you want --" and Gabi interrupts him to claim that she simply wants the baby to be happy. Then, after Will agrees to go along with Nick's plan, Will tells Nick, "Don't look like you're taking a bullet for me. You're getting what you want -- you got Gabi, and you got my baby -- so please do me a favor and don't rub it in." Will isn't the least bit happy about the decision in these scenes, and again, he clearly states the real reason that he has made such a difficult decision -- he doesn't want his child to be bounced back and forth all of the time like he was, which has nothing to do with Sonny.

You're ignoring countless other scenes that I could easily find that support the fact that Will did not give up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny. If that were the case, I'm sure that Will would have seemed much happier in the weeks after he made the agreement -- he got what he wanted in that case, right? He was with Sonny, and everyone believed that Nick was the father of Gabi's baby. But in reality, Will was miserable in the weeks after making that agreement. He tried to change his mind multiple times, and Nick and Gabi were always there to stop him from doing so.

When viewers are shown one thing and then told something entirely different and contradictory later, that's commonly known as a retcon, and that's exactly what this fallacy about Will giving up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny is -- a retcon. In those cases, it is perfectly within a viewer's rights to choose to question the retcon, since they already saw things happen previously that invalidate the retcon. You don't question the first thing that you were told and shown, you question the thing that contradicts what you were originally told and shown.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Will&Sonny
Apr 2 2013, 04:08 PM
LuvingLumi
Quote:

And I also disagree with the statement that Will was originally willing to give up his daughter simply so that he could be with Sonny. That is not what happened, period.

We constantly complain that this show wants us to ignore what we saw on our screens and frankly I refuse to do that...they put it in dialogue and it played out that way...he didn't want to tell Sonny the truth because he had finally been open and honest with himself and started a relationship with the man he loved and he didn't want to tell him that he had gotten Gabi pregnant, because he feared he would lose Sonny if he told him the truth. Obviously it's a soap but the show puts dialogue in for a reason....you really can't discount it especially when he said it word for word.....and he said just that a little while after he told Sonny the truth.....
The irony of this statement is that you're saying that you refuse to ignore what is being shown on-screen, but that's exactly what you're doing.

You're ignoring this conversation from December 4th, 2012, over one month before the writers had Will claim that he had chosen to give up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny. In this episode, Will even specifically states that Sonny would understand and be supportive of Will, but that doesn't fit into Gabi's perfect little agenda that she's already decided would be best for her, so she plants doubts in Will's mind because she doesn't want him to tell Sonny the truth. Will also specifically talks about the real reason that he's considering Nick's plan in this episode -- he doesn't want his child to be bounced back and forth all of the time like he was, which has nothing to do with Sonny.

You're ignoring these scenes from December 5th, 2012, over one month before the writers had Will claim that he had chosen to give up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny. In this episode, Will even specifically says to Gabi, "You know, you're trying really hard not to beg me to walk away, so obviously, what you want --" and Gabi interrupts him to claim that she simply wants the baby to be happy. Then, after Will agrees to go along with Nick's plan, Will tells Nick, "Don't look like you're taking a bullet for me. You're getting what you want -- you got Gabi, and you got my baby -- so please do me a favor and don't rub it in." Will isn't the least bit happy about the decision in these scenes, and again, he clearly states the real reason that he has made such a difficult decision -- he doesn't want his child to be bounced back and forth all of the time like he was, which has nothing to do with Sonny.

You're ignoring countless other scenes that I could easily find that support the fact that Will did not give up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny. If that were the case, I'm sure that Will would have seemed much happier in the weeks after he made the agreement -- he got what he wanted in that case, right? He was with Sonny, and everyone believed that Nick was the father of Gabi's baby. But in reality, Will was miserable in the weeks after making that agreement. He tried to change his mind multiple times, and Nick and Gabi were always there to stop him from doing so.

When viewers are shown one thing and then told something entirely different and contradictory later, that's commonly known as a retcon, and that's exactly what this fallacy about Will giving up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny is -- a retcon. In those cases, it is perfectly within a viewer's rights to choose to question the retcon, since they already saw things happen previously that invalidate the retcon. You don't question the first thing that you were told and shown, you question the thing that contradicts what you were originally told and shown.
I'm not sure why you are so defensive here....I'm not ignoring any scenes....I already said that both happened but the fact they put in both is the problem.....don't forget one and just focus on the other....IMHO I agree with whatever poster said that William is not fighting for his daughter...he seems to be fighting against Nick...that is NOT the fight he should be focusing on....

Frankly the argument that he didn't want his kid bounced around like he was is stupid....because frankly he wasn't bounced around...he either lived with his mother or his father/grandmother, ....it wasn't like he spent years in foster care, going from one abusive home to the other....it's hogwash and it's not flying in my book.

Listen, let's just agree to disagree because we are never going to agree that Will has acted ALWAYS in the best interest of his daughter, the fact that he's going to Stefano before exhausted all possible options tells me so.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Apr 2 2013, 04:20 PM.

Will&Sonny

LuvingLumi
Apr 2 2013, 04:19 PM
Will&Sonny
LuvingLumi
Quote:

I'm not sure why you are so defensive here....I'm not ignoring any scenes....I already said that both happened but the fact they put in both is the problem.....don't forget one and just focus on the other....IMHO I agree with whatever poster said that William is not fighting for his daughter...he seems to be fighting against Nick...that is NOT the fight he should be focusing on....

Frankly the argument that he didn't want his kid bounced around like he was is stupid....because frankly he wasn't bounced around...he either lived with his mother or his father/grandmother, ....it wasn't like he spent years in foster care, going from one abusive home to the other....it's hogwash and it's not flying in my book.

Listen, let's just agree to disagree because we are never going to agree that Will has acted ALWAYS in the best interest of his daughter, the fact that he's going to Stefano before exhausted all possible options tells me so.
The tone of my previous post was meant to be assertive -- those scenes did happen, regardless of what the writers try to say to the contrary, and regardless of what some viewers seem to believe as a result of the writers' retcon, and I was simply stressing that point. If it came across as defensiveness, I apologize.

And again, I'm not forgetting the fact that the writers also had Will claim that he had given up his daughter so that he could be with Sonny. I've been stating that this happened from my very first post on the subject. I'm simply denying that what the writers had Will say is actually true, because it's not. It's a retcon of what was previously established, period. The writers took what was originally a selfless act and tried to turn it into a selfish act after the fact, and I refuse to accept that version of the events in question, since it requires me to ignore what actually happened on my screen prior to the time that the retcon occurred.

Also, a fight against Nick is a fight for Will's daughter, but that's another matter entirely.

I agree that it's probably best for us to just agree to disagree, though. :cheers:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I totally disagree that a fight against Nick is a fight for Will's daughter. If it wasnt Nick Will would not care. If this was about the child then good guy or bad guy would make no difference to will. He would demand to be a part of his kid's life.

Lucas could care less if the guy was good or bad. He didn't care if it was Ausin, Franco, Brandon... no man was going to be Will's dad except him.

Here, Its all about Nick. And that makes Will less than. Will should be involved more. Gabi should be involved more. The fight should be Will/Gabi/Nick and their families. I don't know how the hell the Dimeras are playing any significant part here.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 2 2013, 04:57 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Daytime
Mar 27 2013, 12:28 PM
Jennifer believes it is best to leave Salem

Posted Image

concerned
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 2 2013, 04:19 PM
Will&Sonny
LuvingLumi
Quote:

Lets not forget his aunt and uncle...... and his uncle and his mum.

Congratulatioons to Carrie and Austin by the way - she must be huge by now.

Come on Sami surely you've got some baby hand me downs you could pack up and send over... Aunt of the Year.

annie21

Graceland
Apr 2 2013, 12:54 PM
So Laura's back?
Kind of, I suppose. I'm not convinced that she actually comes to Salem. The spoilers and other references make it sound like Jennifer either goes to visit or calls her mother.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 2 2013, 04:54 PM
Daytime
Jennifer believes it is best to leave Salem

Posted Image
If only that actually happens and she stays gone. :shame:

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Apr 2 2013, 01:56 PM
Aliaron
Apr 2 2013, 12:32 PM
I still don't get the feeling that Will even wants to be in the kid's life. He does not feel like a character who truly cares for his family.
Are we watching the same show? The one where Will has been staring longingly at that sonogram image of his daughter on an almost weekly basis? The one where Will keeps seeing little girls who remind him of his daughter? The one where Will keeps fretting about what he's going to do when his daughter is born and he's forced to stand on the sidelines and watch as a homophobic jerk raises her and poisons her mind with hateful filth? The one where Will has been almost solely focused on his daughter for months, and especially since the moment that he reunited with Sonny (who was his only other focus in recent months)?

Will feels (or felt, until a few days ago) defeated, yes. He felt like he was going to have to somehow learn to live with something that would be impossible to live with, because he felt like Nick was holding all of the cards (which is stupid, because Nick shouldn't be winning this often, but I've already complained about that). But I can't fathom how anyone could possibly equate that with Will not wanting to be in his daughter's life -- or not truly caring about his family, for that matter, since his family was the only reason that he allowed Nick to blackmail him in the first place. Will has repeatedly stressed that if he were the only one who would suffer the consequences, he wouldn't hesitate to accept responsibility for his crime so that Nick would not have any leverage to use against him. Will's daughter would then be able to visit him in jail, at the very least, and Will would be able to look forward to the future, knowing that he would eventually be released from jail and free to spend the rest of his life with his daughter. But Will can't do that, because Nick isn't just threatening to expose Will's secret -- he's threatening to expose Lucas, Roman, and Hope's secrets, as well. (As an aside, I believe that, while Nick's homophobia is absolutely the primary reason that Nick is obsessed with getting Will out of Will's daughter's life, Nick is also jealous of the fact that Roman and Hope protected Will, but were never willing to protect Nick [ignoring the fact that Nick, unlike Will, was legally an adult when he committed his crimes, since Nick's a psycho who would never acknowledge key details like that -- details that would invalidate his entire argument], so he's willing to ruin their lives just to spite them. That's just speculation on my part at this point, but it'd be interesting to see the writers eventually address that, IMO.)

Personally, I don't believe that Nick truly loves the baby, nor do I believe that Nick truly loves Gabi. Nick's just obsessed with possessing both of them and preventing two gay men from being involved in a child's life. But I absolutely believe that Will loves his daughter.
I would like also to say the Will's passiveness has partially been motivated by not wanting to hurt Lucas, Hope and Roman. As much as he loves and longs for his daughter, he realizes that it isn't the end all be all - and that other people would be seriously affected if he came forward and confessed to the shooting. I completely bristle against how passive Will has been written, but to sneer and say he obviously doesn't love his child when CM is playing him as shattered and shellshocked strikes me as very unfair. He just doesn't want to hurt anyone in his quest to have her. I can imagine that Will haters would hate Will just as much if he did confess because then they'd call him cold hearted and selfish and not caring of Lucas, Roman and Hope. From the moment Will found out Gabi was pregnant, he's tried to do what he thought was the right thing. He's considered not just what was best for him, but best for the child as well as best for Gabi and his relatives. He's the only one who has treated the baby as a human being, not a possession worth controlling (I'm thinking especially of Sami and Nick).

So yeah, I think Will cares enormously about his family - enough so that he's not going to confess to shooting EJ so as not to hurt Lucas, Roman and Hope. (I still think the idea that Hope and Roman would be on the hook is a dumb ass retcon, but there we are.)

Aliaron
Member Avatar

See. I don't think Will gives a shit about Lucas either. I hear him say the words but it all looks like excuses for his inaction. After two years of him treating his father like shit I'm suppose forget thst he didn't give a crap about Lucas' sacrifice when he was betraying him left and right but now that he can use it for a reason that he's not stepping up and being a man he is all about it. As much as I think Will is the future of this show I say fuck Will. He is all lips, no hips. He wants to be the conflicted hero then show me it. Until he does this storyline will suck.

rae

lysie
The baby story blows. It just does. Yeah, it involves a lot of characters and almost all of them are in the wrong roles. There's no Team Gabi. Gabi's barely a part of the story. It's hard to believe that that's a bad thing, but there you go. There's Team Will which is really Team Sami and there's Nick. There's a place for both EJ and Sami in the story and yet they're still in the wrong place. EJ has managed to take on both Lucas' and Marlena's roles (which makes zero sense in either context) and Sami might as well give birth to the baby because she's playing the role Gabi should have. Even the discussions about "the story" aren't actually about the story. That's because the story is not good.
Unfortunately the writers don't know how to write a good story. It's a shame that they can't write for the many gifted actors on Days. I'd like to see them remember the rich history of the characters and stop writing so many totally out of character just to push unpopular stories. Don't they ever look at the ratings? Of course even if they look at the ratings it will take months to fix the mess with their ridiculous shooting schedule.

lysie
Member Avatar

rae
Apr 2 2013, 07:08 PM
lysie
Unfortunately the writers don't know how to write a good story. It's a shame that they can't write for the many gifted actors on Days. I'd like to see them remember the rich history of the characters and stop writing so many totally out of character just to push unpopular stories. Don't they ever look at the ratings? Of course even if they look at the ratings it will take months to fix the mess with their ridiculous shooting schedule.
No, they know how to write a good story. They don't know how to write characters.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 03:47 PM
MissLola
Apr 2 2013, 07:26 AM
Laufeyson
Apr 2 2013, 06:46 AM
Partnersincrime
Apr 2 2013, 04:01 AM
Kristenís schemes come apart at the seams as Sy turns to Victor and Hope actually makes an arrest in Bradyís beating.
Gabi gets a shock when Kate leaps into the middle of the custody fight. Could this backfire on Kate?
Although he needs a lot of help, Daniel finally gets a clue about what Chloe has been up to.
Anne manages to discover Cameronís scandalous alternative career.
Nicole and Vargas continue to pull closer together.

http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/04/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-and-videos-for-april-8-12/#more-122077
I'm hoping Vargas isn't using Nicole like he is Eric and Hope.
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if he knows about her hefty divorce settlement.
Her hefty divorce settlement???

Oh you mean the one that is here one week and then gone the next necessitating her to move into Horton houses or convents due to its transient state of being.
But nicole didn't move to the horton house or the rectory because she's poor. She did get a settlement.

samwel

Laufeyson
Apr 2 2013, 08:10 PM
concerned
MissLola
Laufeyson
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if he knows about her hefty divorce settlement.

Oh you mean the one that is here one week and then gone the next necessitating her to move into Horton houses or convents due to its transient state of being.
But nicole didn't move to the horton house or the rectory because she's poor. She did get a settlement.

yep, she even commented on how much money EJ was willing to fork over to get away from her. :lol:

MissLola
Member Avatar

concerned
MissLola
Laufeyson
Partnersincrime
Apr 2 2013, 04:01 AM
Kristenís schemes come apart at the seams as Sy turns to Victor and Hope actually makes an arrest in Bradyís beating.
Gabi gets a shock when Kate leaps into the middle of the custody fight. Could this backfire on Kate?
Although he needs a lot of help, Daniel finally gets a clue about what Chloe has been up to.
Anne manages to discover Cameronís scandalous alternative career.
Nicole and Vargas continue to pull closer together.

http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/04/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-and-videos-for-april-8-12/#more-122077
I'm hoping Vargas isn't using Nicole like he is Eric and Hope.

The divorce settlement was mentioned to Eric after she moved out of the Horton house. Her living in the HH or the convent is not for financial reasons, just for the sake of the plot.

Pookie
Member Avatar

MissLola
Apr 2 2013, 08:44 PM
concerned
MissLola
Laufeyson

The divorce settlement was mentioned to Eric after she moved out of the Horton house. Her living in the HH or the convent is not for financial reasons, just for the sake of the plot.
And Sanctuary. The convent is probably the one place in Salem where she doesn't get the evil eye 24/7.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

Will&Sonny
Apr 2 2013, 04:05 AM
Daytime
Rafe is furious when Nick points out that Kateís papers go further than she indicated
Oh, come on. That means that once again, Nick is probably going to end up looking like the only person who has half of a brain (which is not true, no matter what the writers try to make me believe), and someone on Will's side is probably going to end up looking like an idiot. Once again, Nick wins, and Will's side loses.

That's the part of this storyline that pisses me off the most. Nick should not be winning this often against the formidable opponents whom he is up against, period. There needs to be some fucking balance. :flipoff:

I agree only concerning Wilson & Lucas. I'd especially like to see Sonny get the upper hand & find out about Vargas. As for the rest of the morons, I'm totally Team Nick. I hope he keeps outsmarting Sami, Kate & Faux-EJ.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply