Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of April 8th; *Updated 4/1*
Topic Started: Mar 27 2013, 12:28 PM (41,054 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Apr 2 2013, 06:18 PM
Will&Sonny
Apr 2 2013, 01:56 PM
Aliaron
Apr 2 2013, 12:32 PM
I still don't get the feeling that Will even wants to be in the kid's life. He does not feel like a character who truly cares for his family.
Are we watching the same show? The one where Will has been staring longingly at that sonogram image of his daughter on an almost weekly basis? The one where Will keeps seeing little girls who remind him of his daughter? The one where Will keeps fretting about what he's going to do when his daughter is born and he's forced to stand on the sidelines and watch as a homophobic jerk raises her and poisons her mind with hateful filth? The one where Will has been almost solely focused on his daughter for months, and especially since the moment that he reunited with Sonny (who was his only other focus in recent months)?

Will feels (or felt, until a few days ago) defeated, yes. He felt like he was going to have to somehow learn to live with something that would be impossible to live with, because he felt like Nick was holding all of the cards (which is stupid, because Nick shouldn't be winning this often, but I've already complained about that). But I can't fathom how anyone could possibly equate that with Will not wanting to be in his daughter's life -- or not truly caring about his family, for that matter, since his family was the only reason that he allowed Nick to blackmail him in the first place. Will has repeatedly stressed that if he were the only one who would suffer the consequences, he wouldn't hesitate to accept responsibility for his crime so that Nick would not have any leverage to use against him. Will's daughter would then be able to visit him in jail, at the very least, and Will would be able to look forward to the future, knowing that he would eventually be released from jail and free to spend the rest of his life with his daughter. But Will can't do that, because Nick isn't just threatening to expose Will's secret -- he's threatening to expose Lucas, Roman, and Hope's secrets, as well. (As an aside, I believe that, while Nick's homophobia is absolutely the primary reason that Nick is obsessed with getting Will out of Will's daughter's life, Nick is also jealous of the fact that Roman and Hope protected Will, but were never willing to protect Nick [ignoring the fact that Nick, unlike Will, was legally an adult when he committed his crimes, since Nick's a psycho who would never acknowledge key details like that -- details that would invalidate his entire argument], so he's willing to ruin their lives just to spite them. That's just speculation on my part at this point, but it'd be interesting to see the writers eventually address that, IMO.)

Personally, I don't believe that Nick truly loves the baby, nor do I believe that Nick truly loves Gabi. Nick's just obsessed with possessing both of them and preventing two gay men from being involved in a child's life. But I absolutely believe that Will loves his daughter.
I would like also to say the Will's passiveness has partially been motivated by not wanting to hurt Lucas, Hope and Roman. As much as he loves and longs for his daughter, he realizes that it isn't the end all be all - and that other people would be seriously affected if he came forward and confessed to the shooting. I completely bristle against how passive Will has been written, but to sneer and say he obviously doesn't love his child when CM is playing him as shattered and shellshocked strikes me as very unfair. He just doesn't want to hurt anyone in his quest to have her. I can imagine that Will haters would hate Will just as much if he did confess because then they'd call him cold hearted and selfish and not caring of Lucas, Roman and Hope. From the moment Will found out Gabi was pregnant, he's tried to do what he thought was the right thing. He's considered not just what was best for him, but best for the child as well as best for Gabi and his relatives. He's the only one who has treated the baby as a human being, not a possession worth controlling (I'm thinking especially of Sami and Nick).

So yeah, I think Will cares enormously about his family - enough so that he's not going to confess to shooting EJ so as not to hurt Lucas, Roman and Hope. (I still think the idea that Hope and Roman would be on the hook is a dumb ass retcon, but there we are.)

not just will haters

in past i care lot about will i saw will character grow up i did not starry watching the show only chandler start playing like half will fans now

they really sold me that will could care less about lucas and only endure him because his family that why he have to tolerate him but does not really gave shit about lucas[it pain to admit it as somone watch for will for years]
i do not see change writing since it seem lucas only recurring on show and if is not he will be i can feel it

the rest the write about will is mess i hard to tell about will feel and with Will's passiveness to while last year will seem willing to anything to help ej and yet now for his chlid it seem he does not seem does anything that why some not sure if will care about his child

with the writing to will is mess so i am indifferent to will right now

Edited by Partnersincrime, Apr 3 2013, 04:29 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Apr 2 2013, 02:58 PM
The baby story blows. It just does. Yeah, it involves a lot of characters and almost all of them are in the wrong roles. There's no Team Gabi. Gabi's barely a part of the story. It's hard to believe that that's a bad thing, but there you go. There's Team Will which is really Team Sami and there's Nick. There's a place for both EJ and Sami in the story and yet they're still in the wrong place. EJ has managed to take on both Lucas' and Marlena's roles (which makes zero sense in either context) and Sami might as well give birth to the baby because she's playing the role Gabi should have. Even the discussions about "the story" aren't actually about the story. That's because the story is not good.
Pretty much what you said.

rae

talbab1994
Apr 2 2013, 03:50 PM
lysie
The baby story blows. It just does. Yeah, it involves a lot of characters and almost all of them are in the wrong roles. There's no Team Gabi. Gabi's barely a part of the story. It's hard to believe that that's a bad thing, but there you go. There's Team Will which is really Team Sami and there's Nick. There's a place for both EJ and Sami in the story and yet they're still in the wrong place. EJ has managed to take on both Lucas' and Marlena's roles (which makes zero sense in either context) and Sami might as well give birth to the baby because she's playing the role Gabi should have. Even the discussions about "the story" aren't actually about the story. That's because the story is not good.
Absolutely agree! My fear with this whole storyline was that it was going to be all about Sami and by george, that's exactly what it is now. How sad.....there was such storyline for Will, Nick, Gabi and Sonny --and honestly, it should have been just them. You have people who could have been sounding boards and instead of having Marlena, Justin, Adrienne, and others, as sounding boards, it goes right to Sami, who really have taken over this storyline.

I've said this before but I'm tired of Sami--tired of all of that becomes Sami. Sometimes, I really think that TPTB need to be reminded that there's others on the cast and to use them to their fullest potential. I just don't think they have and I don't think it looks good either.....
What story line doesn't have her involved? We seriously need a LONG break from Sami!

Lil
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Apr 2 2013, 01:51 PM
Aliaron
Apr 2 2013, 12:58 PM
SocRMum1
Apr 2 2013, 12:47 PM
Aliaron
Apr 2 2013, 12:32 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Only EJ, Sami, Nick and Will are involved? That's just not accurate.

Gabi is clearly involved. And because of her Rafe is certainly involved. Kate has been involved nearly from the beginning - and much more so now due to her relationship with Rafe. We've also seen Lucas, Hope, Maggie and now Stefano to a lesser extent.

Sami's role has been to be used as the catalyst for Nick's powerplay. EJ has simply been there in a supporting role for Sami first, Will second.

As much as I agree that Lucas has been overlooked I just can't wrap my head around the claims that this story has been hijacked by EJami. We'd be seeing a whole lot more of them if that were the case.
Once again, I say seeing character in a storyline does not mean they are involved in the storyline. For instance, Rafe is trotted out when they need to show the split between him and Sami. I think TPTB thinks this reinforces Ej and Sami but it doesn't. It just shows that a)Safe has had no closure. b) the reason they broke up is kind of stupid. Its a lack of real communication.

But Rafe does not add a layer to this story. He has no effect on it. The way he and others including Gabi are used they can go unseen for weeks and the story continues. They are not involved in this story. And tgey really are not involved in a story stemming from the baby story. You could say Rafe sleeping with Kate. But that's not a storyline.
Rafe is suppose to be a top FBI agent. We've seen him have instinct and tenaciousness. Where is any of that now? Rafe has been demoted to a clueless cop with a perpetual hard on for Kate.

You're right in that he doesn't add a layer to this story. He should have been wise to Nick long before now instead of just arrogantly blaming Sami for all the trouble. It's stupid and a huge hit on his character imo.
I don't even like Rafe and I agree with this.

AFaithL

annie21
Apr 2 2013, 05:38 PM
Graceland
Apr 2 2013, 12:54 PM
So Laura's back?
Kind of, I suppose. I'm not convinced that she actually comes to Salem. The spoilers and other references make it sound like Jennifer either goes to visit or calls her mother.

She needs to be IN Salem. She is needed, big time! She has too much history with Salemites for her to be relegated to a few phone calls.

Lil
Member Avatar

rae
Apr 3 2013, 10:47 AM
talbab1994
Apr 2 2013, 03:50 PM
lysie
Absolutely agree! My fear with this whole storyline was that it was going to be all about Sami and by george, that's exactly what it is now. How sad.....there was such storyline for Will, Nick, Gabi and Sonny --and honestly, it should have been just them. You have people who could have been sounding boards and instead of having Marlena, Justin, Adrienne, and others, as sounding boards, it goes right to Sami, who really have taken over this storyline.

I've said this before but I'm tired of Sami--tired of all of that becomes Sami. Sometimes, I really think that TPTB need to be reminded that there's others on the cast and to use them to their fullest potential. I just don't think they have and I don't think it looks good either.....
What story line doesn't have her involved? We seriously need a LONG break from Sami!
Seriously...and yesterday they even stuck her fugly ass more into the Kristen story.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Daily Spoilers week of April 8th

4/8, Nancy brings Parker back from Brazil; Jennifer makes plans; Sy calls Victor; Hope tells Brady his attacker was arrested; Vargas takes advantage of Nicole's feelings toward him.

4/9, Daniel goes to Rafe with his suspicions; Nicole accuses Chloe of messing with Jennifer and Nicole; Kate gives Gabi legal papers; Brady identifies Sy as his mugger; Sy prepares evidence against Kristen for Victor.

4/10, Daniel uncovers Chloe's deception; Jennifer turns to her mother for comfort; Sonny offers to help E.J. protect Will; Sami talks to E.J. about why they really moved back into the mansion; Nick stops Gabi from signing papers giving Will rights.

4/11, Daniel confronts Chloe about her deception; Jennifer decides to move to London; Kristen, E.J. and Sami talk about Stefano; Anne goes to the Chicago club; Stefano reaches out to Chad and Cameron.

4/12, Daniel tries to get through to Chloe; E.J., Sami and Will plot against Nick; Nicole and Vargas run into Nicole and Vargas at the pub; Abigail and Chad try to warn Cameron that Anne is about to discover his secret.

AFaithL

Nicole and Vargas? Oh well. You snooze, you lose, Eric.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Damn too bad Jen doesn't stay in London! Anne goes to the club in Chicago? Gross. Okay, the Kristen/EJ/Sami conversation sounds interesting even though the actual dialogue will most likely be terrible.

Nicole and Vargas run into Nicole and Vargas at the pub? What is this, Doctor Who? :-P

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Whoever writes up these spoilers that come out obviously doesn't know what proofreading means.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

WTF? Another full week of the Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe mess. That will make 13 consecutive episodes featuring this horrendous story. What was the last story to have so much screen time dedicated to it? This is ridiculous. Someone needs to end this madness.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Apr 4 2013, 05:47 PM
Whoever writes up these spoilers that come out obviously doesn't know what proofreading means.
I don't think they even care about the show anymore. lol It's so boring I wouldn't really pay attention to the spoilers they tell me to write either.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

So now they can't even have sonny and lucas teaming up for Will? They have to have Ej and sonny? Really show... I just knew this story would take a turn for the worse and unbelievable... It's not that they can't find something for Lucas to do, is that they don't want to... Why would they, when Ej can be everywhere

MissLola
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Apr 4 2013, 05:51 PM
WTF? Another full week of the Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe mess. That will make 13 consecutive episodes featuring this horrendous story. What was the last story to have so much screen time dedicated to it? This is ridiculous. Someone needs to end this madness.
I think that Chloe and Nancy leave the next week so hopefully this is the end of this crap.

MissLola
Member Avatar

These Chloe/Dan spoilers sound very similar to the reveal of the Nicole/Dannifer story. Not that it matters because I will be FF them anyway.

Sevprince

Quote:

Sonny offers to help E.J. protect Will

I'm thinking he offers to get his dad or uncle or both involved. I don't see what else he can offer to EJ.
More Ejonny scenes. :yahoo: I would like to see Will/Sonny/EJ scenes too.

I fucking can't believe that dannifer is on everyday next week. :puke:

Edit: I just read in the cbs-sid magazine that he offers to spy on Nick. I guess is plot device so teamwill can learn about vargas.
Edited by Sevprince, Apr 4 2013, 06:47 PM.

Sevprince

LuvingLumi
Apr 4 2013, 05:55 PM
So now they can't even have sonny and lucas teaming up for Will? They have to have Ej and sonny? Really show... I just knew this story would take a turn for the worse and unbelievable... It's not that they can't find something for Lucas to do, is that they don't want to... Why would they, when Ej can be everywhere
Lucas should definitely be used more for this story. I can't understand why they have hard time using a character that is funny, sarcastic and is entertaining. I really do enjoy him anytime he is on my screen. There are plenty of space for a lot of characters in this story. I guess if he sucked he would be used more.

This is a soap and is on every single day for goodness sake. Is not like there is screen time issues.
Edited by Sevprince, Apr 4 2013, 06:29 PM.

samwel

More EJ/Sonny YES, those scenes were delicious the last time, and EJ what are you up to, sneaky sneaky, love it.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Sevprince
Apr 4 2013, 06:24 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 4 2013, 05:55 PM
Lucas should definitely be used more for this story. I can't understand why they have hard time using a character that is funny, sarcastic and is entertaining. I really do enjoy him anytime he is on my screen. There are plenty of space for a lot of characters in this story. I guess if he sucked he would be used more.

This is a soap and is on every single day for goodness sake. Is not like there is screen time issues.
this is a perfect example that they just don't want to use Lucas PERIOD....because let's face it.....THIS is where he could be used the most effectively...but obviously they prefer not to even bother.....I'm starting to think the only reason they are keeping him around is so he can be around in the event something major happens to Will.....if he gets physically hurt or something.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Apr 4 2013, 05:37 PM
Damn too bad Jen doesn't stay in London! Anne goes to the club in Chicago? Gross. Okay, the Kristen/EJ/Sami conversation sounds interesting even though the actual dialogue will most likely be terrible.

Nicole and Vargas run into Nicole and Vargas at the pub? What is this, Doctor Who? :-P
Only if its David or Christopher as Dr Who and i am there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply