Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, March 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 28 2013, 07:51 AM (7,363 Views)
LonePirate
Member Avatar

Apart from the scenes that involved Vargas or Victor, this episode really sucked. Thankfully I was able to FF through much of it due to all of the Chloe/Jennifer/Daniel crap. Someone please tell me the show is rapidly burning through the episode guarantees of MR and SC so that we will not be seeing them nearly as much once NB makes her exit next month.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I watched today's episode. I know I did but for the life of me I cannot remember a single thing that happened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

james0479
Mar 28 2013, 02:51 PM
Ahhhh EVE!!! Wouldn't it be cool if she was one of the female returns we've been hearing about! I'd take Eve Donovan anyday and Charlotte Ross still looks amazing.
She had a small scene in drive angry where she was having a love scene with nick cage she was naked and he got into a shot out. I thought she looked good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

BJ Deveraux
Mar 28 2013, 02:57 PM
Matt
Mar 28 2013, 02:40 PM
Wherefore art though, Eve Donovan...

Wow, this was 20 years ago?? She's aged badly. I'd love to be the geek who blossomed late in life at her high school reunion! She looks like absolute shit most of the time.
I thought she looked good in drive angry with Nicholas cage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Panda Panda
Mar 28 2013, 06:39 PM
I watched today's episode. I know I did but for the life of me I cannot remember a single thing that happened.
I think it's better that way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Jason47
Mar 28 2013, 04:42 PM
jam6242
Mar 28 2013, 04:24 PM
I was watching when Josh first came on Days and he really was sexy. He gave Chris a breezy charm too. And I can't help it, I still have a soft spot for him, although I don't think of him as Roman. I just pretend he's still Chris K.
I think I have one of Josh's earliest interviews for Days from one of those non-SOD magazines. Have to see if I can find it and post it.
Jason47's From the Vault: The Early "Days" of Josh Taylor...1978 Interview

http://www.jason47.com/days/josh1978.html
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Jason47
Mar 28 2013, 07:11 PM
Jason47
Mar 28 2013, 04:42 PM
jam6242
Mar 28 2013, 04:24 PM
I was watching when Josh first came on Days and he really was sexy. He gave Chris a breezy charm too. And I can't help it, I still have a soft spot for him, although I don't think of him as Roman. I just pretend he's still Chris K.
I think I have one of Josh's earliest interviews for Days from one of those non-SOD magazines. Have to see if I can find it and post it.
Jason47's From the Vault: The Early "Days" of Josh Taylor...1978 Interview

http://www.jason47.com/days/josh1978.html
TFP, Jason!

Interesting read. Poor Josh. He let himself get pigeon-holed, after all.

Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think Reeves has aged very well. Take a look at Alfonso or Hall in the 80s. Thanks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 28 2013, 07:41 PM
I think Reeves has aged very well. Take a look at Alfonso or Hall in the 80s. Thanks.
I think she's aged well, too. But I also think Kristian and Deidre have. I mean, the Deidre comparison is a little unfair considering how much older she is than them, but she was older than they are now in the 90s and she looked younger then than she did in the 80s, IMO (until she cut her hair). But Missy shouldn't look as young as Chloe. She's not. She was an adult with a kid when Chloe graduated from high school. She's thirteen years older than Chloe, and I don't think we're supposed to think they're close to the same age.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 28 2013, 07:47 PM
DrewHamilton
I think she's aged well, too. But I also think Kristian and Deidre have. I mean, the Deidre comparison is a little unfair considering how much older she is than them, but she was older than they are now in the 90s and she looked younger then than she did in the 80s, IMO (until she cut her hair). But Missy shouldn't look as young as Chloe. She's not. She was an adult with a kid when Chloe graduated from high school. She's thirteen years older than Chloe, and I don't think we're supposed to think they're close to the same age.
I find Hall's frozen face to be bizarre. And not doing her any favors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 28 2013, 07:53 PM
lysie
DrewHamilton
I agree, but I don't think it was that frozen until this last year or two. Was it? In fact, my mother was watching part of an episode with me a couple years ago and she has never watched the show except for a few glimpses here and there with me. When she saw DH on screen she said "now that's how you do plastic surgery right, she looks really good". Now? Not so much. She's crossed over into that 'overdone' category if you ask me.
Edited by spartan, Mar 28 2013, 07:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

spartan
Mar 28 2013, 07:57 PM
DrewHamilton
lysie
DrewHamilton
I agree, but I don't think it was that frozen until this last year or two. Was it? In fact, my mother was watching part of an episode with me a couple years ago and she has never watched the show except for a few glimpses here and there with me. When she saw DH on screen she said "now that's how you do plastic surgery right, she looks really good". Now? Not so much. She's crossed over into that 'overdone' category if you ask me.
Yes. Hall didn't look bad until she returned in 2011. When she returned to the show, I couldn't believe how unnatural her face looked. And when she takes a close up shot with her camera...YIKES!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
lysie
DrewHamilton
Perhaps, but she's also much older anyway. That was my point.

I think she looks fine on screen in general, though. It's just in iPhone pics for the most part.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

IMO, of the three of them, only DH usually looks younger than she really is. Not that the others look older than they are. They look their age.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

It should also be noted that I'm a horrible judge of age, so I really should have never entered this conversation. Ciara could convince me she's 23 easily.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

AFaithL
Mar 28 2013, 02:01 PM
How did Sy get Marlena's private cell number?

Loved Eric's new haircut. Looking sexy!

Speaking of sexy...seeing shirtless Brady making out with Kristen on the bed was HOT, HOT, HOT. More kissing and less manipulation, please! Damn that boy oozes SEX APPEAL.
Who is Sy?

I too love Eric's haircut!! :wub2:

I love my Victor!! Totally my favorite on the show!! Sexist, yes, but a hoot!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Sweet and Salty
Mar 28 2013, 08:25 PM
Who is Sy?
One of the guys Kristen hired to beat up John but ended up beating in Brady's head instead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Sy is the idiot who's trying to blackmail Kristen.

Even though his plan is dumb, I like that they brought him back and picked up mugging story again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 28 2013, 06:39 PM
That's because there was nothing really worth remembering.... again. This is like the 3rd or 4th day in a row of boooorrring shows. The only things I really remember are Vargas and that Kristen was still wearing that fugly blue top.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I thought Marlena was rather rude to Sy when he called her. I get that he called her personal number. How did he get that by the way? But as a therapist, who's supposed to show compassion, she didn't show much by dismissing him the way Sy the way she did. I do like that the muggings have been brought back to light, and that Sy is turning to Marlena to get revenge on Kristen.

Chloe has no ground to stand on when it comes to keeping Parker from Daniel because of Jennifer. She's an ex-prostitute. All Daniel and Jennifer would have to do is go to a judge about it, and Chloe would never be granted full custody. Chloe's past as a prostitute was used in the beginning of this story, why wouldn't it be brought up now. Why would Jennifer consider Chloe's threat having any substance?

I liked Nicole and Vargas bonding by sharing prison stories.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic