Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, March 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 29 2013, 06:52 AM (6,437 Views)
six
Member Avatar

My gut feeling right now is that Days should wring the rest of the drama out of rate, then let Kate have Vargas and Hope have Rafe. There's no doubt in my mind that Kate could create chemistry with him and I want another grey couple. They can bond over their hatred for Nick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 29 2013, 12:12 PM
Dear god. Pop-Up Hope stole one of Sami's lumberjack shirts. smdh
I do remember a conversation about hope in plaid
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 29 2013, 12:16 PM
God help me, but I love Rafe & Kate. Rafe/Kate >>>>> Rafe/Sami
Rafes working for stefano
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 29 2013, 12:22 PM
Hope & Vargas. Pardon me, castaways, but my ship is here...
Noooo

This is going to put the ejami ejole wars to shame.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 29 2013, 12:36 PM
since when does Kate wear bracelets like this one???

Posted Image
Kate's taste has been dodgy of late
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Mar 29 2013, 12:54 PM
Matt
Mar 29 2013, 12:51 PM
Stop the presses. I found a Fetch Fan on twitter. She's angry with me for slamming Fetch.
I follow a few of them. They are out there.

I don't see why Jennifer doesn't tell Dan the truth and stage a breakup.

A la Nicole and Brady
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 29 2013, 01:22 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 29 2013, 01:09 PM
I wasn't going to watch today's eppie simply because I've had my fill of Dannifer... but I changed my mind SOLELY because Salmons wrote the script. I hope I don't regret it.
It had some good one liners like Salmons scripts always do. Plus, I think Salmons really gets the dirty hot vibe that makes Rate entertaining to watch. And then there's Vargas. Just FF Fetch and it's actually a decent episode.
A ten minute long episode but a good one.

And there's probably more plot development in that ten minutes than the other twenty six.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

tomsawyer
Mar 29 2013, 01:16 PM
camera shy
Mar 29 2013, 01:12 PM
Was today foreshadowing that Kate was going to go crazy on Rafe one day when he finally broke things off with her and moved on to someone else?
I didn't think so. The only foreshadowing I see with Rate is that Rafe is going to be in jeopardy once Stefano finds out he's been schtupping his ex.
I could definitely see Stefano having an issue with Kate and Rafe, but I like them. They have a nice vibe that is lacking on this show. I mean, everything else is instalove for nonsensical pairings. These two are just having a good time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

concerned
Mar 29 2013, 03:11 PM
Matt
:o
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

concerned
Matt
What? Is this a spoiler or a guess? Is it Fafe?
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 29 2013, 03:51 PM
Cathalina
Mar 29 2013, 03:49 PM
concerned
Matt
Fanfiction.
It's a long held personal belief that lots of strange events are made explainable when you accept that rafe has been a Stefano plant all along. This storyline is just adding to it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Cathalina
Mar 29 2013, 03:34 PM
tomsawyer
camera shy
Was today foreshadowing that Kate was going to go crazy on Rafe one day when he finally broke things off with her and moved on to someone else?
I didn't think so. The only foreshadowing I see with Rate is that Rafe is going to be in jeopardy once Stefano finds out he's been schtupping his ex.
I could definitely see Stefano having an issue with Kate and Rafe, but I like them. They have a nice vibe that is lacking on this show. I mean, everything else is instalove for nonsensical pairings. These two are just having a good time.
I asked because it sounded like Daniel was warning Rafe about how crazy Kate can gets once she falls in love with you.
Online Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Mar 29 2013, 04:18 PM
Cathalina
Mar 29 2013, 03:34 PM
tomsawyer
camera shy
I asked because it sounded like Daniel was warning Rafe about how crazy Kate can gets once she falls in love with you.
Oh I think that's a Daniel thing not a Kate thing.

Kate's moved on from many men in a calm and rational manner.
Daniel s exes all seem to go a bit crazy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

concerned
Mar 29 2013, 03:57 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Cathalina
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Fanfiction.
It's a long held personal belief that lots of strange events are made explainable when you accept that rafe has been a Stefano plant all along. This storyline is just adding to it.
Until I see Rafe and Steftano plotting together on my screen, it's fanfiction.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 29 2013, 04:21 PM
concerned
Mar 29 2013, 03:57 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Cathalina

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Fanfiction.
Until I see Rafe and Steftano plotting together on my screen, it's fanfiction.
Stefano's more wily than that... He,s not going to give the game away that easily.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

I hate Jennifer. Just thought I'd throw that out there . :D She's already more broken up over this soon to be 319th split up from Daniel than she ever was over her husband dying. OMG I can't wait for her to be gone from this show. But will it ever happen?

I am really enjoying Rate. I think I just like Rafe more. They are fun to watch and I did like the scene with Daniel finding out. I actually didn't hate Daniel in those scenes.

And is it just me, or does anyone else think Vargas is gay. I know people are shipping him with Nicole or Hope but.... The dude has been in prison for like 10 years. You'd think he would be itching to get some kind of action and from what I've seen so far he really doesn't seem that interested in either. I can see him staying his distance from Hope...she's a cop. But Nicole? I would think he would at least flirt and I haven't seen anything. He's been on his very best behavior. Maybe he just doesn't want to make waves in the parish, but its been 10 years!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

JamaicanBeauty7
Cathalina
concerned
Matt
Fanfiction.
OK. Thanks. Got confused for a minute.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Not the first time Days takes fan fiction and makes it reality...

I still prefer calling it speculation, just mho
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Just to put things in taping perspective, the stuff that aired today was shot December 12th (based on the fact that Kristian tweeted pics of herself in the plaid on that day).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

supercool74
Mar 29 2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:

And is it just me, or does anyone else think Vargas is gay. I know people are shipping him with Nicole or Hope but.... The dude has been in prison for like 10 years. You'd think he would be itching to get some kind of action and from what I've seen so far he really doesn't seem that interested in either. I can see him staying his distance from Hope...she's a cop. But Nicole? I would think he would at least flirt and I haven't seen anything. He's been on his very best behavior. Maybe he just doesn't want to make waves in the parish, but its been 10 years!

It's a possibility. But what I think happened in prison between Nick and Vargas was that Vargas forced Nick to be his "bitch" in exchange for the protection he gave him. Even though that is a homosexual act, more often than not it's perpetrated by men who consider themselves heterosexual. There is nothing romantic about it. It's all about power and just a means to and end (fulfilling a sexual need).

I'm certain that the writers brought in Vargas to "explain" Nick's homophobia. Meaning, if they show that he was coerced into a sexual relationship with Vargas, that would be the reason why he equates gay with all things bad. And depending on whether or not Blake Berris renews his contract, they an either redeem him through this story line or if he doesn't renew, have Nick either end up dead or back in prison.

They say most men who are raped or sexual abused in prison don't say anything for fear of being perceived as homosexual. I'm certain that's where the writers are going with Nick.
Edited by Pookie, Mar 29 2013, 07:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic