Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
March 2013 Episode Rankings & Stats
Topic Started: Mar 29 2013, 08:21 PM (1,867 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The current cast just sucks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 30 2013, 09:29 AM
LOL This is too broad of a generalization for me totally agree with, but I'm about 80% with you. They could mask it if they focused more on the right people/characters, but they don't. Most of the actors on the show, especially the core they focus on, are just horrible. DAYS has never been known as the soap with the best acting, but this is still pretty low, even for them.

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 30 2013, 09:35 AM
lysie
Mar 30 2013, 09:29 AM
LOL This is too broad of a generalization for me totally agree with, but I'm about 80% with you. They could mask it if they focused more on the right people/characters, but they don't. Most of the actors on the show, especially the core they focus on, are just horrible. DAYS has never been known as the soap with the best acting, but this is still pretty low, even for them.
It's frustrating. I loved most of the cast the show had a year ago, but there was nothing decent in the writing. I don't care for the writing or the cast now, but even if the writing were perfect, I don't want to watch stories about these people. This is like...summer of 2011 for me. It's not how good or bad actors are really. It's more the cast of characters.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

I'm not a Dan and Jen fan, but I could watch them all day if it meant less of the Ej/Sami stuff. The show would be better if they shifted the focus on fan favorites like..say Nicole, who most seem to love, of course Lucas is always a fan favorite too. Give us a chance with more Nicole, Lucas, Rafe,Sonny, Will, Hope, John and Marlena for one month and see if that helps with the ratings!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

With the Wabi baby story prominently featured during February sweeps and presumably heating up again during May sweeps when the baby is born, the show seems to know that this story is their strongest one. So it's a good strategy to amp up the drama in another story like Chletch during the non-sweeps period. Problem is that they picked the wrong "between sweeps" story to highlight.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

With the exception of ED, BB, and JS I don't care for anyone on the top 10. Where is Nicole, Eric, Lucas, hell even Vargas!?

camera shy

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 30 2013, 09:50 AM
I'm not a Dan and Jen fan, but I could watch them all day if it meant less of the Ej/Sami stuff. The show would be better if they shifted the focus on fan favorites like..say Nicole, who most seem to love, of course Lucas is always a fan favorite too. Give us a chance with more Nicole, Lucas, Rafe,Sonny, Will, Hope, John and Marlena for one month and see if that helps with the ratings!
You know as much as I hate Ejami I don't know if I could say that. lol. There's something about Dannifer that ....I can't even put it into words, but I'll try. They're so beyond annoying with SC always looking so dirty and unkepted and MR with that constipated look on her face whenever she's explaining anything to anyone. How in the hell did Tomlin decide that this was the couple who deserved to take up so much of the show with a side dish of Maggie. It's just unblievable this these three would get so much story and airtime when you have so many other characters people actually want to see get a good story. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The Scorpion
Mar 30 2013, 05:50 AM
jb1183
Mar 30 2013, 03:03 AM
It's laughable for anyone to be complaining about EJ/James's screentime. He's been overexposed for almost seven years now. It's actually about damn time he finally got his turn on the backburner. Bryan Dattilo fans are the ones who have something legitimate to complain about.

What's shocking and appalling is that the writers actually seem to view Dannifer as the central couple of the entire show now. It's starting to feel like "The Dannifer Show" with occasional appearance by other characters. I hope the ratings take a huge nosedive, so we can finally be done with this disgusting pairing.
I don't find it laughable that one wonders why the hell James / EJ is on back burner? Especially when alternatives that take up a lot of screen time is totally uninteresting, I can agree that Lucas should have more screen time too.
Maybe it has more to do with James' almost meeting his guarantee than anything else.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Mar 30 2013, 10:21 AM
With the Wabi baby story prominently featured during February sweeps and presumably heating up again during May sweeps when the baby is born, the show seems to know that this story is their strongest one. So it's a good strategy to amp up the drama in another story like Chletch during the non-sweeps period. Problem is that they picked the wrong "between sweeps" story to highlight.
Problem is that Feb sweeps didn't see ratings increases, May might because it should have more drama attached to it....in retrospect maybe they should have done the Dannifer shit for Feb sweeps....lol...March would have had increases in ratings....

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Maggie28wubsEj
Mar 30 2013, 10:24 AM
With the exception of ED, BB, and JS I don't care for anyone on the top 10. Where is Nicole, Eric, Lucas, hell even Vargas!?
Vargas is hanging out with Hope at 8 episodes in March.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I cannot say at all that I would rather see Fetch than EJami. At times, I almost find Ejami enjoyable. A LONG time ago, when they first flirted with Fetch, I thought it was OK, as angst for J&J. Boy, did they blow that one.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 30 2013, 12:47 PM
I cannot say at all that I would rather see Fetch than EJami. At times, I almost find Ejami enjoyable. A LONG time ago, when they first flirted with Fetch, I thought it was OK, as angst for J&J. Boy, did they blow that one.
I think Ejami is the wrong comparison. Fetch are more like Safe and EJ would be the Chloe. And I find them all just as terrible. The story itself is okay in theory, but it doesn't fit any of these characters (Jennifer, Daniel, Chloe, EJ, Sami, or Rafe).

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

ladyofthelake
I'm with you about Fetch 1.0. While Higley did have issues with many things, Dan & Jen becoming closer & then starting to go out actually wasn't so bad. It's TomSell's post-Daysaster Fetch that's just gagworthy. I think that if MarDar hadn't brought MA back and had continued to work with Dan & Jen, we would have a different opinion. I'm not saying everyone would love them or think they were highly enjoyable, but I don't think we'd all hate them so much.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 30 2013, 01:08 PM
ladyofthelake
I'm with you about Fetch 1.0. While Higley did have issues with many things, Dan & Jen becoming closer & then starting to go out actually wasn't so bad. It's TomSell's post-Daysaster Fetch that's just gagworthy. I think that if MarDar hadn't brought MA back and had continued to work with Dan & Jen, we would have a different opinion. I'm not saying everyone would love them or think they were highly enjoyable, but I don't think we'd all hate them so much.
Well, I was neutral on Dannifer the first time and this time, because I wasn't watching Days when Jen and Jack were on before. However, I long ago crossed over to disgust due to the writing and the acting choices. I am now in FF mode and I would not care if I never saw either Dan or Jen ever again.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

MissLola
Mar 29 2013, 09:14 PM
1-3 is everything that makes this show suck.
I think the writing for the top 3 is the reason. The way the characters are written is a mess. I could think of a few s/ls that would make not wretch from seeing them on my screen. After watching Friday's show, I realize it's not just the characters, it's the story. I like Daniel when he shares scenes with Nicole, Rafe, etc. but as soon as he's in scenes with Chloe, Jen or Maggie I'm over him. Similarly with Chloe. As for Jen, I can't stand her now because of how they have written her post-Jack's death. :shame: I used to like Dannifer in the beginning too. I thought they were cute.

annie21

Supergirlx2
ladyofthelake
What's ironic about that for me is that I think TomSell thought that Fetch 1.0 was working fine and that MarDar were the amateurs who screwed up a good thing. Thus, they hastened to put Fetch back together, and in their arrogance thought they would "fix" it and show MarDar and the rest of us how it should have been done.

It's kind of poetic that the TomSell version is by far the worst of the lot.

As for outcry, I think backlash against Fetch 1.0 was muted because many thought it was setting up the return of Jack and an eventual JnJ reunion. To the extent that any of the writing teams thought Fetch was end game, all three sets got it wrong as far as I'm concerned.

bomber
Member Avatar

annie21
Mar 30 2013, 04:00 PM
Supergirlx2
ladyofthelake
What's ironic about that for me is that I think TomSell thought that Fetch 1.0 was working fine and that MarDar were the amateurs who screwed up a good thing. Thus, they hastened to put Fetch back together, and in their arrogance thought they would "fix" it and show MarDar and the rest of us how it should have been done.

As for outcry, I think backlash against Fetch 1.0 was muted because many thought it was setting up the return of Jack and an eventual JnJ reunion. To the extent that any of the writing teams thought Fetch was end game, all three sets got it wrong as far as I'm concerned.

ITA. I tolerated Fetch 1.0 because I assumed it was just setting up the oblibatory angst for MA's return. I readily admit killing Jack off for Fetch 2.0 is something I'll never forgive. If they had just split up J & J to reunite Fetch I would still ff them but I probably wouldn't be as vocal because I would still be interested in Jack's solo story and, let's face it, he was the more interesting of the two. But my Jack love isn't the only reason Fetch blows. There is no chemistry, no back story, charaters are continually being destroyed to prop them and the writing sucks.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Maggie28wubsEj
Mar 30 2013, 10:24 AM
Y'know what's weird- on the cover of one of the soap magazines (it's mostly GH's Nurse's Ball) they have a small photo of Sami and Lucas with some headline. So in terms of where's Lucas- he's apparently still good enough to be a lure when selling the show, so yeah, where is he?

I don't see much difference between Sami/EJ/Rafe and Dan/Jen/Chloe. Both stories have such a limited focus that it turns the characters into really annoying people with convoluted motives, and the only things left for the audience to connect with are the actor's charisma and the chemistry of the couple, imho.

Only difference for me is that it seems like, for whatever reason, Sweeney/Scott/Gering have more charisma and chemistry than those in the current show-eating triangle, so people got tired of it more quickly. Plus Reeves did a lot of damage off-screen- at least Sweeney's learned to play every fanbase as equally as possible.

TPTB really need to find a better B-story to rely on, if they're only focusing on this to slow down the baby story. It's not even a story really, imho. In a story something happens.

spartan
Member Avatar

bomber
Mar 30 2013, 04:35 PM
annie21
Mar 30 2013, 04:00 PM
Supergirlx2
ladyofthelake

ITA. I tolerated Fetch 1.0 because I assumed it was just setting up the oblibatory angst for MA's return. I readily admit killing Jack off for Fetch 2.0 is something I'll never forgive. If they had just split up J & J to reunite Fetch I would still ff them but I probably wouldn't be as vocal because I would still be interested in Jack's solo story and, let's face it, he was the more interesting of the two. But my Jack love isn't the only reason Fetch blows. There is no chemistry, no back story, charaters are continually being destroyed to prop them and the writing sucks.
All of this!

I, too, did not like Fetch 1.0 but I thought it would be the usual J&J story once Jack got back, so I tolerated Fetch as a means to an end, a J&J end. If I would have had any inkling as to how much of a bitch Jen Jen would have been to Jack upon his return, I would not have tolerated Fetch 1.0 If I could have anticipated how MR would play her J&J scenes with MA like a cold, dead fish, I would have loathed Fetch 1.0 from the beginning, because I do think they lack chemistry, substance, charisma and any sort of appeal I like in my soap couples.

Fetch is horrid and Jen Jen is equally horrific to me now. I have no use for Daniel either. They can go right off a cliff and I would be happy.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

camera shy
Mar 30 2013, 10:54 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Mar 30 2013, 09:50 AM
You know as much as I hate Ejami I don't know if I could say that. lol. There's something about Dannifer that ....I can't even put it into words, but I'll try. They're so beyond annoying with SC always looking so dirty and unkepted and MR with that constipated look on her face whenever she's explaining anything to anyone. How in the hell did Tomlin decide that this was the couple who deserved to take up so much of the show with a side dish of Maggie. It's just unblievable this these three would get so much story and airtime when you have so many other characters people actually want to see get a good story. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Totally agree about Daniel, Jennifer and Maggie..... :shrug: don't get the appeal at all!!! I actually don't get many of the choices that are being made right now on the show...it has turned me completely off.
Edited by hops, Mar 30 2013, 08:33 PM.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply