Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview (4/1/13)
Topic Started: Mar 30 2013, 10:06 AM (2,518 Views)
wkline
Member Avatar

:offs: Another Dannifer promo..What is this, the Dannifer show only... :puke:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

can I request NO YT version thanks ;)

nightfan

I saw a different comparison. That the show found gold when Chloe realized Daniel's name's not on parker's birth certificate, and that injected legitimate, edge-of-your-seat drama with Chloe's very bold decision to bluntly blackmail Jennifer into giving up Daniel. I'm not a Dannifer fan, but my interest in this story just skyrocketed with Friday's scenes.
It's interesting how the top stories on this show have to do with custody battles of sorts (the first, with Will Gabi and Nick) and the second with Chloe and Daniel and Jennifer.

CatherineEarnshaw

Who is the actress who isn't gay friendly?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah I will not be watching one second of DAYS this week, just on principle. That promo was horrendous. Maybe they will get things turned around and I can watch next week.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I will skip watching the Promo. Won't even ask for the YT version. :(

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

WillFan
Mar 30 2013, 10:06 AM
FETCH is truly, really awful! Just horrible!

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 30 2013, 12:42 PM
lysie
Mar 30 2013, 12:05 PM
ladyofthelake
Mar 30 2013, 11:28 AM
You know, I might get my butt kicked by some for saying this, but I'm going to put it out there: I find it odd that the arguably, the best storyline out there is a gay-potential gay bashing-homophobic-possible great venue for social storyline out there, with a headwriter who is gay (are Tomlin and Whitsell both gay?), yet the one that seems to get shoved down everyone's throat is a storyline where the heroine (and I use that term loosely) is played by an actress perceived as being not so gay friendly (either that, or she just really likes chicken). You would think Tomlin would want to write more for the Will storyline, a la Ryan Murphy with Glee, and focus on this pretty strongly (which I am all for. It's got great potential). Yet...........Does anyone else see the paradox? Or am I thinking too hard? I am willing to be corrected (nicely, of course, LOL)
She's perceived as not gay friendly on line. She's had support from several gay cast members and crew members, though.
It still seems weird, but oh well.
Yea that's surprising to hear. Good to know because I was not sure if my personal distaste for her tweets was spilling over and causing me to hate Dannifer even more. But no, I guess I just hate them.

paul89

can i see the yt ?

michr544125

ladyofthelake
Mar 30 2013, 11:28 AM
You know, I might get my butt kicked by some for saying this, but I'm going to put it out there: I find it odd that the arguably, the best storyline out there is a gay-potential gay bashing-homophobic-possible great venue for social storyline out there, with a headwriter who is gay (are Tomlin and Whitsell both gay?), yet the one that seems to get shoved down everyone's throat is a storyline where the heroine (and I use that term loosely) is played by an actress perceived as being not so gay friendly (either that, or she just really likes chicken). You would think Tomlin would want to write more for the Will storyline, a la Ryan Murphy with Glee, and focus on this pretty strongly (which I am all for. It's got great potential). Yet...........Does anyone else see the paradox? Or am I thinking too hard? I am willing to be corrected (nicely, of course, LOL)
I have been bitching about this for a few weeks. It seems to me that show has completely caved on the gay storyline and it disappoints me a lot because I feel like the show is doing what OLTL and ATWT (more OLTLT since ATWT sucked from the beginning but it was the first gay story on daytime so...) has done. It started of brave and strong and now it's almost non existent (ever since the holidays). The Will and Sonny seems are very short and choppy. I know they got the TV Guide promotion but that was back well before the holidays. I was just watching Soap Net and there is as new promo where all of the other main couples and characters are focused in it except for Will and Sonny. The fight between Sonny and Nick should have been heavily promoted but it wasn't. IMO that wast the most interesting thing that has happened on the show in past few weeks. Yet Dannifer who is the worst story on the show continues to be pimped and plays out 5 days a week. It's hard to promote a gay story that has very little writing involved or if there was more in depth writing, it has been edited out for the most part. The Will and Sonny reunion seemed completely chopped up. To me it seems they had some type of love scene that wasn't shown. Will and Sonny barely are barely even shown touching each other now. I get the baby story is the focus but that not stopping Nick and Gabi from having constant love scenes (and Gabi is 8 months pregnant and that is a risk to the child some times). And stories don't stop other couples from being shown romantic with each other. Sure, I'd love to see more promotion on the gay part of the baby story but to me the gay focus is not a focus at all. It's hidden behind everything else. Not sure if it is Days of our Lives or somebody higher up at NBC but the I won't be shocked if once the baby story is over, Will and Sonny are completely on the back burner and once Chandler's contract is up, Will and Sonny leave town together. I see nothing positive right now that tells me otherwise :shrug: . i feel this is OLTL all over again. Even Kish had a baby story.
Edited by michr544125, Mar 31 2013, 11:22 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Um... yeah, I'll pass.

kelly777
Member Avatar

Melissa is a really bad actress IMO. She must come cheap though otherwise we wouldn't be seeing her so much.

Romancer66

Fetch . . . makes me retch.

So I'm skipping the promo.

newlabone

THE WAY THIS SHOW IS GOING I CAN'T WAIT FOR AMC TO COME BACK ON. AS USUAL KEN CORDAY IS TO BUSY PLAYING GOLF THEN TO TAKE THE TIME TO SEE WHAT THE WRITERS ARE DOING TO HIS PARENTS AND HIS SHOW. HE JUST GOES ALONG WITH THE IDEAS THEY HAVE. DON'T HE SPEND ANY TIME LOOKING AT THESE AND OTHER BOARDS, READIND EMAILS, LISTENING TO VOICE MAILS TO SEE HOW UNHAPPY PEOPLE ARE. REMEMBER THE SHOW HAS TO BE WRITTEN FOR ITS VIEWERS AND ITS TIME TO START DOING IT. PEOPLE WILL WATCH IF THERES GOOD WRITING AS PROVEN FOR A FEW MONTH RECENTLY. WHOEVER SHOOK THINGS UP REALLY AS TO DO IT AGAIN. GET RID OF THE WRITERS. WHY COULDN'T YOU FIND SOME OTHER PEOPLE TO WRITE YOUR SHOW LIKE THE GREAT WRITER FV OF GH. ITS TIME FOR YOU MR CORDAY TO START TOO CARE ABOUT YOUR SHOW DOOL OR SELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO CARES AND THEY CAN TURN IT AROUND. THE CBS DAYTIME IS UNDER NEW LEADERSHIP AND ITS PAYING OFF HOW ABOUT NBC START THINKING ABOUT A DAYTIME SHAKE UP/ :shrug:

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

annie21
Mar 30 2013, 12:25 PM
It has occurred to me that Dannifer is part of the price we pay for having TPTB go along with the Wilson storyline. In their executive board rooms, they probably analyzed the pushback from the public for allowing a gay storyline on their soap, so they probably made some sort of deal that if they went there, they would have to also really push an (in their minds) old-fashioned romance story in parallel to give those viewers who might be anti-gay something. Maybe they're trying to demonstrate they know how to include a classic romantic storyline in their mix.

Meanwhile, the only story that has any old-fashioned romantic appeal for me among the current line-up IS Wilson. Ironic, no?

I would rather see more WilSon and less Dannifer. Will and Sonny' s love story is more interesting to me especially with the baby drama and custody issue. I could care less about Daniel Jonas and his girlfriend (Jennifer this week, Chloe next week, who knows after that blah, blah, blah).

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

paul89
Mar 31 2013, 10:34 AM
can i see the yt ?
Spoiler: click to toggle

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm saving people from having it be the first thing they see as soon as they come in the thread by putting the YT version in spoiler tags. ;)

La_Laa

kay
Mar 31 2013, 10:49 PM
annie21
Mar 30 2013, 12:25 PM
It has occurred to me that Dannifer is part of the price we pay for having TPTB go along with the Wilson storyline. In their executive board rooms, they probably analyzed the pushback from the public for allowing a gay storyline on their soap, so they probably made some sort of deal that if they went there, they would have to also really push an (in their minds) old-fashioned romance story in parallel to give those viewers who might be anti-gay something. Maybe they're trying to demonstrate they know how to include a classic romantic storyline in their mix.

Meanwhile, the only story that has any old-fashioned romantic appeal for me among the current line-up IS Wilson. Ironic, no?

I would rather see more WilSon and less Dannifer. Mute and Ineffective and PSA' s love story is more interesting to me especially with the baby drama and custody issue. I could care less about Orange Glow Jonas and his girlfriend (Chicken Nugget this week, Elvira next week, who knows after that blah, blah, blah).
Mute and Ineffective and PSA's love story? It's like we're watching a different show, I don't see a Wilson love story. Wilson don't even have a love life. It's all about 24/7 baby drama. I want to note, that they've been acting lately like a couple married for 10+ years.

Completely ridiculous.

tylerbo20

when Mute and Ineffective they understand that this is a terrible couple and there are 100 other things to do with the character of Chicken Nugget...It stupid sloppy writing to have her all over this douche bag.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply