Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 03:32 PM (16,168 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

General Hospital: April Discussion

Third annual Nurses Ball (1996)

Port Charles is celebrating the Nurses Ball. The mood goes melancholy after Lucy announces the death of John Hanley. This is then followed by a sad song about AIDS. Mac talks about Stone (who died last year of AIDS) and his niece, Robin, who now has HIV. Robin is called up onstage by Mac. He presents her with a quilt for the Aids Project Memorial. Robin then gives her speech. When she finishes she breaks down. Jason comes to her rescue and carries her offstage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Happy 50th Birthday, General Hospital! Glad you made it to 50, and hope you're around for many more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

LOVED the opening today--how nice it was to see all of the openings from all those years ago!

Online Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I think they should go back to the ambulance in front of the hospital opening. The glamour shots of cast members thing is so overdone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Bobbie should be back on a permanent basis.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

SOOO agree Gramps!

How I am LOVING the writing today! Monica and Tracy and that relish!

Carly and Bobbie--what a great relationship.

These flashbacks are terrific with Liz and Nic too!

AANNDD Go ON Helena!

So great the way they use history on this show--so great!
Online Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Am I the only one who can't wait to watch this week of GH? :)
Online Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Mar 31 2013, 03:32 PM
General Hospital: April Discussion

Third annual Nurses Ball (1996)

Port Charles is celebrating the Nurses Ball. The mood goes melancholy after Lucy announces the death of Drama Queen Hanley. This is then followed by a sad song about AIDS. Mac talks about Stone (who died last year of AIDS) and his niece, Robin, who now has HIV. Robin is called up onstage by Mac. He presents her with a quilt for the Aids Project Memorial. Robin then gives her speech. When she finishes she breaks down. Jason comes to her rescue and carries her offstage.
There's a few scenes that, even after all of these years, I still cry when I watch. This one and the one with Stone dying are two that I tear up when I watch. I think it says to much about the writing and the acting. Thanks for putting this scene up for the month!
Online Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Tracy is SO right with the relish-- AJ took it-- it was HERS! Edward gave it to HER!
Online Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Audrey! It's about time!
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

I'm utterly dead at Monica sending AJ to his room :lol: :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I am so excited for this week and it started off great. One thing RC knows what to do with putting together an episode is put a cliff hanger together to make you upset it is the end of the episode. While a couple of returns were telegraphed through the conversation, others were surprising. Also right at the end when Luke/Laura walked in that room and the episode ended I called out "Where is Lulu?" I was engaged in the episode so much that I can't wait until tomorrow.

LOL at Monica sending AJ to his room. Then how many times have we seen Monica threaten to throw someone out of the house and finally doing it. Every time Monica throws out "It's my house." I find myself calling back "I gave it to you."

Also enjoyed the special opening. Again a nice tribute to the entire series and not just a small fraction of the time. Could only imagine how the 50th would have been handled by other writers.
Online Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Loved the nod to GH history with the various openings today. I also got a real warm and fuzzy feeling watching today's episode---perhaps it's all the history mentions. It was also great seeing Dante in action with Luke and Laura on the Star.

One thing I like about Carlivati is he isn't just brushing all the Guza/Phelps stuff under the rug, but is giving a more balanced, restorative approach to them. All the bad AJ stuff from 2005 and the Elizabeth/Nikolas affair are two examples of this. Just from things Alexis and Elizabeth have said at his bedside makes me Pop Up Ron is going to undo some of the damage done to Nikolas's character by first Guza then Wolfe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

And the filters strike again! There are filters that are automatically changing Days of our Lives character names to something else (Shawn-D's mother is Pop-Up and Dante's father is PSA---Corinthos has the same name as a character on Days). Just thought I would mention that on this side of the board. I think it's an April Fools thing, but I could be wrong.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OMG! I know I've only been watching GH since Ron & Frank came on board, but seeing Audrey today seriously made me stop weaping. I so adore when ANY soap opera respects his history & its vintage characters and actors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 1 2013, 04:56 PM
OMG! I know I've only been watching GH since Ron & Frank came on board, but seeing Audrey today seriously made me stop weaping. I so adore when ANY soap opera respects his history & its vintage characters and actors.
...and they are doing a really good job at bringing back its vintage characters! To me, there's a purpose as to why they are back at that time. Sometimes, I look at other soaps and when they bring characters back, there's no rhyme or reason as to why they are back. I appreciate them having something to do and in an actual storyline.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I so loved Bobbie & Carly today. I hope Ron & Frank decide to find a way to keep Bobbie around in a recurring, support capacity. She might never have another story of her own again, but I think she'd make a fantastic talk-to for so many characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 1 2013, 05:07 PM
I so loved Bobbie & Carly today. I Pop Up Ron & Frank decide to find a way to keep Bobbie around in a recurring, support capacity. She might never have another story of her own again, but I think she'd make a fantastic talk-to for so many characters.
I think I've read somewhere that Bobbie's return is open-ended, so she may be sticking around for awhile. She has so many connections to the characters in Port Charles, and I really wish she had been around to mine the BJ/Maxie heart transplant story when Jake died and Josslyn got his kidneys.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 1 2013, 02:00 PM
Audrey! It's about time!
...and she looks WONDERFUL! :wub2:

The end scenes with Jax, Audrey and I'm assuming Brenda (since they didn't show who was at PSA's door) was terrific!

RC did tweet that there's two other characters coming tomorrow that NO ONE knows about--I'm curious!

So funny, my hubby and I were watching the show today and he told me that he now has the DVR set to record GH daily! I love my hubby! :blowkiss:
Edited by talbab1994, Apr 1 2013, 08:08 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

nightfan

talbab1994
Apr 1 2013, 01:12 PM
LOVED the opening today--how nice it was to see all of the openings from all those years ago!

I watched today's episode on YouTube. So that wasn't just thrown in the YT version by a superfan?

I was very impressed by that touch. It just shows that the show's producers are themselves fans of the show.

VERY nice touch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic