Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 03:32 PM (15,542 Views)
Crazygirl
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Apr 8 2013, 10:31 PM
I thought possibly Frisco's return was going to be a happy one, but I'm very dissapointed he's leaving again. He could've stayed at least until his grandchild was born.
IMO there's no explanation that's acceptable. He's been doing this for years.
Well in defense of the writing or whatever the actor was only short term. Every time Frisco has been written to leave or whatever it's because the actor chose to leave the show. What else can the writers do?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Nothing too deep. I'm just still laughing every time I think of Lucy blurting out :"Richard Simmons came out of the closet!".
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I felt so terrible for Maxie today---she had started to open up to Frisco trusting him with her secret and he is leaving her again.

I thought the Magic Milo number was a bit too OTT for a charity event. I have a hard time deciding whether I liked Jessie's Girl or the tango better. I had a grin on my face watching Rick Springfield perform, but it was very meaningful for me to have Duke and Anna, Robin's mother and onetime stepfather dancing in her honor at the Ball. I'm glad Emma got to perform---I loved seeing the reactions from Patrick and Anna---very true to life. I'm also glad we had Patrick speaking about AIDS to inject a note of seriousness into the event.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Apr 8 2013, 10:20 PM
PLEASE let there be more to Frisco's constant disappearing act than he just has to "leave for work". PLEASE write something more complicated, that would make sense. He obviously loves his daughter and it seems SO crazy that he'd work to build this new relationship with Maxie only to leave suddenly once again. I'd really, really appreciate some deeper explanation because the way he's being written right now, he's a jerk - full of pride and unattractive selfishness. He should stay to protect his daughter who NEEDS him.

O.K. - back to my "All I Need" moment. I loved it. Glad it lasted for the weekend.
I really hate that they are having Frisco leave again for "work." Poor Maxie. I was enjoying her relationship with Frisco and hoped we'd see it develop more. I loved Frisco singing "All I Need." That was my favorite performance, along with Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl." The whole cast looked like they were having so much fun with that performance!
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I enjoyed yesterday's episode. I was laughing at the guys stripping....they cracked me up. I felt so bad for Maxie but it opens a new part to the pregnancy storyline --could be interesting. I've enjoyed the acts. Richard Simmons and Lynn Herring had me laughing too. As I watched Rick Springfield, I kept thinking how much fun the cast had to have had for these shows. It really looked like a blast.

Britt is Faison's daughter---YIKES! This could get REALLY interesting....

I know there's been some parts of this celebration that's been not the best but overall, I think it's been a great hit. I really thought that the anniversary was treated well. It was great to see how TPTB respect the past as well as bringing the newbies in too. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes.
Online Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I just realized in Emma and Sabrina's act yesterday, they had the koala bears Robert brought for Emma last year! Great reuse of a prop.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Okay, I'm already having a problem with Brit's "pregnancy." That is one hell of a baby bump she's suddenly sporting. Wouldn't the people from the hospital, like Epiphany, who were just around her last week notice that she was rather skinny a couple of weeks ago and now popped out??
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Wasn't enough the crap of Britt being a bitch to Emma now she takes a dig at Robin having Aid's,Britch Definately suits her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

The writers missed the mark with the Britt pregnancy storyline. It would have been more believable if Britt left after the breakup, returns months later
pregnant with her crazy mother.

Sabrina reacted the way I thought she would, having a hissy fit when Britt made the pregnancy announcement. I like Sabrina, she's nice, but
she's not mature enough for Patrick. The girl is not in control of her emotions at all.

Molly sounds terrible!!! Singing isn't her thing. She should start writing novels again.

A Quiz kiss!!! :wub:
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 01:32 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Poor little Emma. I've been rooting for Grandma Anna to kick Britch's ass for months. If only she'd uncover her fake pregnancy and then kick her ass, I would be a very happy viewer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Britt is of course a hateful woman but I'm beginning to see why Sabrina gets on people's nerves. It's been five minutes since Patrick declared his feelings and she insert.s herself into a public spectacle
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I may take heat for this, but I think Felix is a riot! He's had some really good lines.

Hey, did they cut the AJ/Liz performance? The hell? At least I saw the kiss.

I'm already hating the thought of this Patrick/Britt pregnancy nonsense that is no doubt going to be drawn out for months. :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 9 2013, 01:29 PM
Britt is of course a hateful woman but I'm beginning to see why Sabrina gets on people's nerves. It's been five minutes since Patrick declared his feelings and she insert.s herself into a public spectacle
Britt had already made a scene, the last thing Patrick needs is Sabrina inserting herself into it. She just couldn't hold it together. IMO she made the scene
worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

So I guess Britt has never heard of joint custody? This is so stupid, she knows Patrick can't stand her and won't want her even if she was preggers. Considering the way she treated Emma, I could see Patrick going for sole custody. I repeat, this is so stupid!

Absolutely LOVED Epiphany, Monica and Tracy! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

JDeveraux_91
Apr 9 2013, 01:34 PM
I may take heat for this, but I think Felix is a riot! He's had some really good lines.

I'm already hating the thought of this Patrick/Britt pregnancy nonsense that is no doubt going to be drawn out for months. :drunk:
I may take the heat for this, but I think Felix is a riot! He has some really good lines.

I like Felix too. He has good one liners, and he fits in perfectly with the cast.

I don't think there's a performance, but finally Quiz kisses for the first time!

I'm already hating the thought of this Patrick/Britt pregnancy that is no doubt going to be drawn out for months.

I cannot agree more with you, it's def going to be drawn out for months, especially with the crazy mother and possibly Faison in the mix. :eyeroll:
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 01:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Britt is a sad individual. She's very hateful, but deep down she wants so desperately to be loved. Maybe IF she's really pregnant, she will be redeemed.

I'm glad Sabrina calmed down. The song she sang at the end of the nurses ball was nice.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 02:01 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

For the "Sabrina is the most propped character ever" crowd, I'm seeing clearly what you mean! With that being said, I almost lost a contact lens rolling my eyes when Sabrina broke out into song. Between this and crazy Britt, I want Robin to come back and rescue Emma and the viewers. ROBIN PLEASE COME HOME!!!

All in all, it was a good Nurse's Ball and I'm glad they revived it finally.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Very much against my will, I somehow feel sorry for Britt. With two world class psychos for parents, it's no wonder she turned out completely screwed up. Sometimes it seems like she has flickers of decent instincts and impulses, but they're drowned out by her own selfishness and the nefarious influences in her life. It seems like what Britt's mother is encouraging her to do now is exactly what she did when she got impregnated with Britt by Faison. That didn't work out so well for her, did it? Considering she was helping him as he hopelessly pursued Anna.

Starr dumped Michael pretty abruptly, didn't she? He deserved better than that. He helped her put her life back together and he gets dumped over the phone with no further explanation. Ick. No wonder he's going to wind up in bed with Brenda. Can't wait to see Carly tear her to pieces. Love that dramz.

Epiphany, Monica and Tracy made me laugh out loud. Great show, ladies.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Apr 9 2013, 02:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

JDeveraux_91
Apr 9 2013, 02:02 PM
For the "Sabrina is the most propped character ever" crowd, I'm seeing clearly what you mean! With that being said, I almost lost a contact lens rolling my eyes when Sabrina broke out into song. Between this and crazy Britt, I want Robin to come back and rescue Emma and the viewers. ROBIN PLEASE COME HOME!!!

All in all, it was a good Nurse's Ball and I'm glad they revived it finally.
I see what the Sabrina propping crowd means, as well. She's always on, either with Felix, Liz and now Patrick. The PTB are trying to get the viewers to accept
her, but it's not working. It's long overdue Robin return, and reunite with her family. IDK why the PTB haven't invested more time in a return.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 02:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Britta reminded me of Regina from OUAT, always needing her mother love.
Patrick and Sabrina look like father and daughter, IMO. :puke: :puke:
Emma was the only child there and the rest stayed home, very interesting
Maxie knew her father was never going to be around, so I don't understand why she was upset
Britt only wants what she had growing up, parents who loved her
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic