Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 03:32 PM (16,567 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

JessicaLeigh
Apr 9 2013, 02:06 PM
Very much against my will, I somehow feel sorry for Britt. With two world class psychos for parents, it's no wonder she turned out completely screwed up. Sometimes it seems like she has flickers of decent instincts and impulses, but they're drowned out by her own selfishness and the nefarious influences in her life. It seems like what Britt's mother is encouraging her to do now is exactly what she did when she got impregnated with Britt by Faison. That didn't work out so well for her, did it? Considering she was helping him as he hopelessly pursued Anna.
Me too! They've done a great job with the reveal of her backstory. I love it.

Quote:

It's long overdue Robin return, and reunite with her family.

Kim McCullough is doing an apprentice director program with ABC that is taking up all her time. I miss her, but I think they would use her more if they could.
Online Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Apr 9 2013, 02:06 PM
Very much against my will, I somehow feel sorry for Britt. With two world class psychos for parents, it's no wonder she turned out completely screwed up. Sometimes it seems like she has flickers of decent instincts and impulses, but they're drowned out by her own selfishness and the nefarious influences in her life. It seems like what Britt's mother is encouraging her to do now is exactly what she did when she got impregnated with Britt by Faison. That didn't work out so well for her, did it? Considering she was helping him as he hopelessly pursued Anna.

Starr dumped Michael pretty abruptly, didn't she? He deserved better than that. He helped her put her life back together and he gets dumped over the phone with no further explanation. Ick. No wonder he's going to wind up in bed with Brenda. Can't wait to see Carly tear her to pieces. Love that dramz.

Epiphany, Monica and Tracy made me laugh out loud. Great show, ladies.
I had a brief moment of feeling sorry for Britt too. No wonder she's so nasty and mean with two complete nutcases, who apparently never showed her any love, as parents. Though, seeing Dr. O dancing to Epiphany's number cracked me up. That and when Felix saw AJ and Liz kiss and said "get it girl" made me LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hell, it's because of Ron & Frank that Robin's still alive in the first place! Guza & McCullough wanted to kill her off for good! It's only when Ron & Frank came on & that the story changed. I simply canNOT with the people slamming Ron from Robin not being on more. For the love of fuck, it was Kimberly's choice to fucking leave. Is he supposed to chain her ass to a set? smdh
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Apr 9 2013, 02:11 PM
JDeveraux_91
Apr 9 2013, 02:02 PM
For the "Sabrina is the most propped character ever" crowd, I'm seeing clearly what you mean! With that being said, I almost lost a contact lens rolling my eyes when Sabrina broke out into song. Between this and crazy Britt, I want Robin to come back and rescue Emma and the viewers. ROBIN PLEASE COME HOME!!!

All in all, it was a good Nurse's Ball and I'm glad they revived it finally.
I see what the Sabrina propping crowd means, as well. She's always on, either with Felix, Liz and now Patrick. The PTB are trying to get the viewers to accept
her, but it's not working. It's long overdue Robin return, and reunite with her family. IDK why the PTB haven't invested more time in a return.
The reason they created Sabrina is because Kimberly McCullough isn't interested in coming back on a regular basis, so I can't hold that against Sabrina or the actress who portrays her. If KM wanted to be there, Robin would be there. As it stands, I'm fine to see Patrick move on and see where this story goes now that they've fleshed it out some more and given it some stakes. If and when Robin ever comes back, it will make everything even more interesting (I'm thinking of Billie/Bo/Hope on DAYS). But I don't want Patrick's romantic life and character development held hostage when that may not ever happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Apr 9 2013, 02:22 PM
soapsudz
Apr 9 2013, 02:11 PM
JDeveraux_91
Apr 9 2013, 02:02 PM
For the "Sabrina is the most propped character ever" crowd, I'm seeing clearly what you mean! With that being said, I almost lost a contact lens rolling my eyes when Sabrina broke out into song. Between this and crazy Britt, I want Robin to come back and rescue Emma and the viewers. ROBIN PLEASE COME HOME!!!

All in all, it was a good Nurse's Ball and I'm glad they revived it finally.
I see what the Sabrina propping crowd means, as well. She's always on, either with Felix, Liz and now Patrick. The PTB are trying to get the viewers to accept
her, but it's not working. It's long overdue Robin return, and reunite with her family. IDK why the PTB haven't invested more time in a return.
The reason they created Sabrina is because Kimberly McCullough isn't interested in coming back on a regular basis, so I can't hold that against Sabrina or the actress who portrays her. If KM wanted to be there, Robin would be there. As it stands, I'm fine to see Patrick move on and see where this story goes now that they've fleshed it out some more and given it some stakes. If and when Robin ever comes back, it will make everything even more interesting (I'm thinking of Billie/Bo/Hope on DAYS). But I don't want Patrick's romantic life and character development held hostage when that may not ever happen.
I understand that they need to move Patrick on in the romance department, but between the crazy Bitchy Britt and the cheesetastic Sabrina today, I'm longing for Robin and Scrubs again. Once again, I wish that they hadn't shown Robin alive!
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Matt
Apr 9 2013, 02:20 PM
Hell, it's because of Ron & Frank that Robin's still alive in the first place! Guza & McCullough wanted to kill her off for good! It's only when Ron & Frank came on & that the story changed. I simply canNOT with the people slamming Ron from Robin not being on more. For the love of fuck, it was Kimberly's choice to fucking leave. Is he supposed to chain her ass to a set? smdh
Okay, Matt. I didn't know Guza & McCullough wanted to kill Robin off. Obviously, Kim changed
her mind, but creating these two storylines are a hot azz mess. It's an epic fail.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 03:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Matt
For the record, I'm not slamming anyone for Robin not being on. I know that Kim wanted to leave and do other things and I respect her decision. This Patrick/Sabrina/Britt nonsense has quickly become frustrating to watch and it makes me wish that Robin was coming back, or that they'd do something else besides have Patrick stuck in the middle of a desperate psycho and Sabrina.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

JDeveraux_91
Apr 9 2013, 02:36 PM
Matt
For the record, I'm not slamming anyone for Robin not being on. I know that Kim wanted to leave and do other things and I respect her decision. This Patrick/Sabrina/Britt nonsense has quickly become frustrating to watch and it makes me wish that Robin was coming back, or that they'd do something else besides have Patrick stuck in the middle of a desperate psycho and Sabrina.
THIS!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm feeling a little let down now that the Nurse's Ball is over. While not a huge fan of musicals, the Ball has been a nice break from the normal stuff and I found myself enjoying most of the performances. Soaps are notorious for having cheap sets, but I thought the sets looked good for the numbers. For instance I liked how they put school ties around the microphone Molly was singing to. It was nice to have Nancy Lee Grahn's daughter involved in that number.

All in all, the Nurse's Ball was a fun escape for a few days for us the audience and I would guess for the actors too. It looked like they were having fun during some of the numbers (i.e. Jessie's Girl).

As much as I enjoyed the Ball it was a little odd for Sonny and Brenda to have disappeared after the first day. Both had important connections to Robin and Stone and it would have been nice to see them included more. I would have traded some of Sabrina's airtime to them.

Thank you Frank and Ron for bringing back the Nurse's Ball! It has been sorely missed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

It was a little odd Sonny & Brenda weren't included more in the nurses ball. They were Robin's closest friends but, I'm glad TPTB decided to bring it back
again. I enjoyed it!!
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 03:18 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

On a side note, it's really starting to get weird how no one can mention the One Life character names on GH.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Apr 9 2013, 03:11 PM
It was a little odd Sonny & Brenda weren't included more in the nurses ball. They were Robin's closest friends but, I'm glad TPTB decided to bring it back
again. I enjoyed it!!
Go to youtube,their is a deleted Sonny and Brenda scene of Sonny comforting Brenda. :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

As a MiStarr fan,annoying that they have Starr end the relationship over the phone,it's tacky on tv and in real life.

I enjoyed the "Jump" number.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tash
Member Avatar

I am very tired of seeing all these new characters on GH. GH has such a rich history. Instead of ellie, Sabrina, and Britch, what about Serena Baldwin, Lucas Jones (who would be perfect for Felix!) and Sarah Webber? Maybe not shove Sabrina down our throats because it sure feels that way.

As for Frisco leaving all the time, it does fit his character. I hate seeing Maxie hurt again by this, another parent leaving. The only parent she really knows is Mac. But it had to be hard for Jack and Kristina Wagner to work together. Yes they are professionals, but they have two kids together and were together a long time. He also found out he has a child with another woman when he was with Kristina. Even though they are divorced, it had to hurt her deeply.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If I wanted a relationship with a guy and an whacko ex came and announced a pregancy I would be upset too.

Molly stick to writing,ouch my ears.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Apr 9 2013, 04:32 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

meaghan

As much as I love the chick that plays Robin I need them to do something to bring Robin back fast...I can't take another crazy woman chasing after Patrick. This storyline needs to end fast. I couldn't even watch it after Britts announcement because its stupid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

We suffered Lisa Niles,now we suffer another nutty doctor,thank god Lisa was never pregnant.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Apr 9 2013, 06:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

JarlenaLante
Apr 9 2013, 09:40 AM
I felt so terrible for Maxie today---she had started to open up to Frisco trusting him with her secret and he is leaving her again.

I thought the Magic Milo number was a bit too OTT for a charity event. I have a hard time deciding whether I liked Jessie's Girl or the tango better. I had a grin on my face watching Rick Springfield perform, but it was very meaningful for me to have Duke and Anna, Robin's mother and onetime stepfather dancing in her honor at the Ball. I'm glad Emma got to perform---I loved seeing the reactions from Patrick and Anna---very true to life. I'm also glad we had Patrick speaking about AIDS to inject a note of seriousness into the event.
I forgot to check, was Emma in the room during the Magic Milo ick fest? If so, that was poor parenting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

Matt
Right on. The actress wants to be a director and she can't help it if there was a rewrite and they won't recast.

That's why I think Patrick and Sabrina will work. KM may never come back full time, which is why they're pumping up Patrina so much. We'll know Robin is alive, but Sabrina and Patrick are endgame.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

Tash
Apr 9 2013, 04:28 PM
I am very tired of seeing all these new characters on GH. GH has such a rich history. Instead of ellie, Sabrina, and Britch, what about Serena Baldwin, Lucas Jones (who would be perfect for Felix!) and Sarah Webber? Maybe not shove Sabrina down our throats because it sure feels that way.

As for Frisco leaving all the time, it does fit his character. I hate seeing Maxie hurt again by this, another parent leaving. The only parent she really knows is Mac. But it had to be hard for Jack and Kristina Wagner to work together. Yes they are professionals, but they have two kids together and were together a long time. He also found out he has a child with another woman when he was with Kristina. Even though they are divorced, it had to hurt her deeply.
JW cried during the 20/20 segment on Saturday when he talked about working with his ex-wife again. You could tell it hurt him very deeply. :( Why don't they just reunite!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic