Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 03:32 PM (16,604 Views)
Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 9 2013, 02:20 PM
Hell, it's because of Ron & Frank that Robin's still alive in the first place! Guza & McCullough wanted to kill her off for good! It's only when Ron & Frank came on & that the story changed. I simply canNOT with the people slamming Ron from Robin not being on more. For the love of fuck, it was Kimberly's choice to fucking leave. Is he supposed to chain her ass to a set? smdh
I agree with what you're saying but I do think that when they took over the show most people thought that GH was going to be canceled and they probably figured they could get KMc to come back for the ending and have Patrick and Robin and Emma be together in the end. Now the problem is that the viewers know that Robin is alive and it makes it a lot harder to get invested in another coupling for Patrick. At least it does for me. The fact that I don't care for him paired with Sabrina also doesn't help but there isn't really much Ron & Frank can do at this point because like you said Kimberly is busy and she's not coming back anytime soon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Crazygirl
Apr 9 2013, 07:51 PM
Matt
Hell, it's because of Ron & Frank that Robin's still alive in the first place! Guza & McCullough wanted to kill her off for good! It's only when Ron & Frank came on & that the story changed. I simply canNOT with the people slamming Ron from Robin not being on more. For the love of fuck, it was Kimberly's choice to fucking leave. Is he supposed to chain her ass to a set? smdh
I agree with what you're saying but I do think that when they took over the show most people thought that GH was going to be canceled and they probably figured they could get KMc to come back for the ending and have Patrick and Robin and Emma be together in the end. Now the problem is that the viewers know that Robin is alive and it makes it a lot harder to get invested in another coupling for Patrick. At least it does for me. The fact that I don't care for him paired with Sabrina also doesn't help but there isn't really much Ron & Frank can do at this point because like you said Kimberly is busy and she's not coming back anytime soon.
It does for me, too. But for the most part I've enjoyed the story because up until now it hasn't really been dependent on a pairing -- Britt vs. Sabrina was the real story, and Patrick being a passive part made sense with his grief.

I think they may have pushed things forward a little too fast with the Cinderella reveal -- it might have worked better to have Patrick suddenly appreciating Sabrina, and then have that crushed by Britt's announcement. But time will tell.
Edited by granolagirl, Apr 9 2013, 08:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Ok, I watch it today, I still don't believe that Britt carries her/Patrick baby -- preg is like huge like 5 month preg or something? or maybe she can be carry Lante's baby who knows, But I'm glad that Patrina won't let Britt ruin their night at the nurses ball to honor Robin, I feel bad for Emma, she still don't like her, Love Anna told Britt not do that and let her know she is grandmother to Emma. I am look forward to see what Carly react to see about Brenda and whos on the bed... I just have hard time to believe why Brenda lets let him slept with her? eeek. can't wati...

Nurses Ball are awesome and I hope they will do nurses ball again next year, I love it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

^^I was wondering if Britt was going to be pregnant with a Lante baby too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Crazygirl
Apr 9 2013, 08:19 PM
a lot fans do think that too... I hope it is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

nightfan
Apr 9 2013, 07:46 PM
Matt
Right on. The actress wants to be a director and she can't help it if there was a rewrite and they won't recast.

That's why I think Patrick and Sabrina will work. KM may never come back full time, which is why they're pumping up Patrina so much. We'll know Robin is alive, but Sabrina and Patrick are endgame.
That's why I think Patrick and Sabrina will work. KM may never come back full time, which is why they're pumping up Patrina
so much. We'll know Robin is alive, but Sabrina and Patrick are endgame.

Even if Robin doesn't come back full time, IMO she will eventually return temporarily. I doubt TPTB will drop her storyline.
Although Pabrina is propped for now, Scrubs is the endgame.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

nightfan
Apr 9 2013, 07:49 PM
Tash
Apr 9 2013, 04:28 PM
I am very tired of seeing all these new characters on GH. GH has such a rich history. Instead of ellie, Sabrina, and Britch, what about Serena Baldwin, Lucas Jones (who would be perfect for Felix!) and Sarah Webber? Maybe not shove Sabrina down our throats because it sure feels that way.

As for Frisco leaving all the time, it does fit his character. I hate seeing Maxie hurt again by this, another parent leaving. The only parent she really knows is Mac. But it had to be hard for Jack and Kristina Wagner to work together. Yes they are professionals, but they have two kids together and were together a long time. He also found out he has a child with another woman when he was with Kristina. Even though they are divorced, it had to hurt her deeply.
JW cried during the 20/20 segment on Saturday when he talked about working with his ex-wife again. You could tell it hurt him very deeply. :( Why don't they just reunite!
That's correct. Kristina also said she will always love JW. They still deeply love each other. It would be so cool if they reunited while working together on the GH 50 anniversary! :smile:
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 9 2013, 11:22 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

Tuesday's episode was one of the most satisfying hours of television, in primetime or daytime, that I've seen in quite a while.

The kicker was the final scene. The direction was flawless. Imagine: Patrick and Sabrina singing "You're Not Alone," which should speak to a larger message at the Nurses Ball, and then the song wraps up with them lowering to sing directly to Emma, as if to say, "You're not alone," child, because we'll one day be a family: Patrick, Sabrina, and you. But in the background we see Robin's photo, a wink-nudge to viewers, who know that months or years from now, Patrick, Sabrina and Emma won't be alone, either. One day, Robin will come back, and she'll be lurking, in some form or another, until that day.

Again, the direction was beyond inspired, and inspiring.
I'm going to have to take a moment to contemplate what I just saw. And maybe even re-watch that last scene.

Phenomenal.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

One more thing: I'm pulling for Britt, and will try to not call her the hateful Britch term.

Does anyone else see the shocking transformation that occurs with this poor woman? She's a lost, lonely girl in her mother's presence. All signs of "Britch" are gone. You'd never know she could be so nasty if you only knew her in that hotel room.

But she turns on. And it's like a switch goes off, when she's around Patrick and Sabrina.

I believe she suffers from mind control and that she has alters that aren't as severe as Kate/Connie, but are still devastating.

She needs to live her life. Instead, her mother's controlling it. She could easily find a man. But her mother's keeping her mired in Patrina and their drama.

This isn't healthy, and that's why I'm pulling for Britt to escape her mother's influence, eventually get the help she needs, and find the happiness we all deserve.
Edited by nightfan, Apr 10 2013, 01:31 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Keisha
Apr 9 2013, 08:22 PM
Crazygirl
Apr 9 2013, 08:19 PM
a lot fans do think that too... I hope it is.
Yeah, a part of me wondered after yesterday's episode if the child Britt is carrying is really Dante and Lulu's. That would make for an interesting twist, but I'm somewhat hopeful Lulu can really carry a baby to term on her own without a surrogate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 9 2013, 07:39 PM
JarlenaLante
Apr 9 2013, 09:40 AM
I felt so terrible for Maxie today---she had started to open up to Frisco trusting him with her secret and he is leaving her again.

I thought the Magic Milo number was a bit too OTT for a charity event. I have a hard time deciding whether I liked Jessie's Girl or the tango better. I had a grin on my face watching Rick Springfield perform, but it was very meaningful for me to have Duke and Anna, Robin's mother and onetime stepfather dancing in her honor at the Ball. I'm glad Emma got to perform---I loved seeing the reactions from Patrick and Anna---very true to life. I'm also glad we had Patrick speaking about AIDS to inject a note of seriousness into the event.
I forgot to check, was Emma in the room during the Magic Milo ick fest? If so, that was poor parenting.
I don't think she was,she was off with Patrick and Sabrina somewhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Quiz kiss!! :wub:

I like Dr. O and Britt. Britt makes a good vixen.

Starr breaking up with Michael over the phone was rude.

Olivia's act :laugh:

I like Spinelli/Ellie. They are a cute couple and way more compatible than Spixie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

I have been watching old scenes of scrubs and videos of scrubs, I just miss them as a couple. It is rare that you find a couple on any soap that fit like them. Robin change Patrick for the better when Patrick lost Robin the emotional pain and etc was great acting by JT. I also love Robin with Stone and even with Jason, but with Patrick she finally had a love that could last a lifetime. If I saw an ounce of chemistry between TC and JT, I think even as a scrub fan I can support them, but for me they lack chemistry I just don't see it.

TC has a beautiful voice, it was nice hearing her sing. I really like Epiphany and hope they show more of her, seeing Monica and Tracey up at the stage with her was great. The two was able to put their dislike of each other and do a number together. I like Ellie with Spinelli, she is her zing to his zing. They both compliment each other so well. I hope they don't break them up and put Spinelli back with Maxie, big mistake.

I think Sabrina and Michael can turn into a great pairing I think their is potential to them now that Starr dumped Michael. Plus, Sabrina will not have to deal with baby mama drama and I don't think she is ready to take on the full responsiblity of being a parent to two of Patrick's children. Frisco is such an ass it astound me what he did to Maxie yet again, he was not there for Georgie funeral and now he left Maxie high and dry. I like Anna and Duke too, FH dance training really paid off.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

LMAO...they need to keep Richard Simmons around full time. He would be an awesome villan. I died when he attacked Lucy and "came out of the closet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I'm a Scrubs fan, and I know Robin isn't coming back anytime soon and Patrick is going to be paired with someone else, but Sabrina dosent "fit" with Patrick. She should be paired with a Michael type character, Patrick needs a woman and Sabrina is to childish IMO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

EJ_SamiFF
Apr 10 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm a Scrubs fan, and I know Robin isn't coming back anytime soon and Patrick is going to be paired with someone else, but Sabrina dosent "fit" with Patrick. She should be paired with a Michael type character, Patrick needs a woman and Sabrina is to childish IMO.
I agree, Sabrina doesn't fit with Patrick. She's sweet, niave but immature. Sabrina is incompaitble with him on every level.
IMO Liz is the only woman on the canvas right now that's compatible, but she's with AJ.

Edited by bellajewel, Apr 10 2013, 12:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

OMG,please tell me my eyes are messing with me?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

F*cking ewwwww......
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Can we crown Brenda the Brook Logan of GH?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I hope to god that is not what it looks like.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic