Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 03:32 PM (16,194 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Apr 15 2013, 07:41 PM
JDeveraux_91
Apr 15 2013, 06:24 PM
Small rant - does it seem silly to anyone else that some are already bashing new Lulu? I know that soap fans are a tough crowd, but give the girl a chance! She's basically played a body on a slab and had two lines. How do you judge a recast based on that already? :wtf:
I've been critical of Nulu. I liked JMB. She was snarky, loved adventure like Luke. IMO Marcy seems like she will have a "softer side" in the role,
I don't really like that, however, my opinion may change eventually.

I understand, but I just think it's too soon to make a judgment. :shrug: I didn't like Chad Duell as a recast Michael for the first few weeks, but IMO, he grew into the role wonderfully and I think he's great. Hopefully, NuLulu grows into this role and is accepted by the viewers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

JDeveraux_91
Apr 15 2013, 07:49 PM
soapsudz
JDeveraux_91
Small rant - does it seem silly to anyone else that some are already bashing new Lulu? I know that soap fans are a tough crowd, but give the girl a chance! She's basically played a body on a slab and had two lines. How do you judge a recast based on that already? :wtf:
I've been critical of Nulu. I liked JMB. She was snarky, loved adventure like Luke. IMO Marcy seems like she will have a "softer side" in the role,

I understand, but I just think it's too soon to make a judgment. :shrug: I didn't like Chad Duell as a recast Michael for the first few weeks, but IMO, he grew into the role wonderfully and I think he's great. Hopefully, NuLulu grows into this role and is accepted by the viewers.
I remember Marcy from the Young & Restless as Abby Newman. The spoiled rich girl. IMO she's not a good recast for the role of Luke & Laura's
daughter. But, she may surprise me like Chad Duell did!
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 15 2013, 08:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

Crazygirl
Apr 15 2013, 02:27 AM
nightfan
Apr 14 2013, 02:27 PM
I couldn't stand smug Luke and Laura freezing Stavros like that. Laura jumped to conclusions, and it infuriated me. Of course LuLu isn't dead if you just heard Stavros say that that very lab was how Helena saved his life! They should have had faith, especially from knowing how unbreakable the Cassadines were.
Instead, Laura and Luke and their hair-trigger tempers, without remorse or even thought, and without having ever done cryogenics themselves, fly off the handle. So sick and twisted.
Luke and Laura with the hair trigger tempers. Without remorse. Sick and twisted. Umm I think you have that a little backwards. You do know how evil the Cassadine's are don't you? They're not exactly angels themselves. They deserve everything evil Luke and Laura could possibly do to them!
I know the Cassadines are evil, please don't let me misstate what was intended. (And I can appreciate all the WTF reactions, lol, reading back what I wrote, in hindsight.) All I'm saying is, if Stavros loves LuLu, and he put her in a lab that his mother used to save him in, doesn't it stand to reason that LuLu would not be dead? That's the lab where lives are saved, not vanquished.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

It also probably doesn't help, watching as a fan who knows that Marcy Rylan took over for JMB. We know she isn't dead, especially with a recast mid-stream, so it's infuriating to see Laura boo-hoo over a girl that most fans know isn't really dead. Had JMB been in the role still, I might have paused for a moment and might have been able to appreciate Laura's reaction more.
But now, it's like, "She's not dead. You should have put two and two together since she was being cared for a man who loves her in a lab where lives are saved." I just lost my patience is all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Starvos kidnapped a LuLu against her will and that not love,that evil.
Starvos is a narcissistic sociopath who feels no remorse or empathy for anyone. He trying to recreate a part of his life that cannot be duplicated in an effort to hurt both Luke and Laura.
NS get off torturing people.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

natdot99
Apr 15 2013, 03:02 PM
Carly and Sonny get over yourself, period
Excuse me Sonny, you been in a dual relationship with Connie/Kate and now you care about Brenda :huh?: :what: :wtf:
Luke you killed you grandson and now you hate God????
Too much time spend on Lulu
Team Britt to knock the halo off St. Sabrina :applause:
I FF'd all the LuLu stuff except when it was apparent that her parents realized she had a pulse. Again, it's nothing against Luke and Laura, and I'm happy for them. Just an impatient fan who knows the character isn't dead due to the recast mid-story. So it felt like wasted time watching the scenes.
But that cliffhanger was pretty awesome.
(Still, not sure if I can get used to watching an actress I've known as "bitchy cheerleader" from a TV movie slip into this particular, iconic role. JMB was perfect and even had Genie's unmistakable forehead.)

What a tangled web we weave. I'm now annoyed with Sabrina and rooting for Britt?! "Wait, you're making it sound like she deliberately got pregnant with Patrick's child..."
(Is she seriously so dense?)
I can root for Britt because I see who her mother is and what extreme psychological abuse she's endured from this woman who lacks maternal instinct.

Worried for Brenda. It's the 50th, so Sonny actually could kill her!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Bashing her already,she barely had any lines today,she hardly conscious.
Online Profile Goto Top

nightfan

soapsudz
JDeveraux_91
I've been cynical of Nulu. I liked JMB. She was snarky, loved adventure like Luke. IMO Marcy seems like she will have a "softer side" in the role,

This is interesting to read, because I have a completely different take on her. She was in Bring it On: All or Nothing, in which she played a mean girl, and that's always been my impression of the actress. She has that "mean" look down, that's for sure. I couldn't imagine her as anything but a snobby, bitchy cheerleader.
But maybe she'll prove me wrong (which would be a testament to her acting skills. After all, if I'm so annoyed by her because she dared start shit with Hayden Panettiere, that could mean she's a very talented actress.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

natdot99
Apr 15 2013, 09:05 PM
Starvos is a narcissistic sociopath who feels no remorse or empathy for anyone. He trying to recreate a part of his life that cannot be duplicated in an effort to hurt both Luke and Laura.
I understand all of that. But in his mind, you see, he loved her. That was the thing. Of course, what he feels for LuLu isn't real love. It's completely irrational. But my point was that, in his mind, he loves her and would want to be with her, alive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well I think the New Lulu played frozen very well... well except for the fluttering eyelids lmao. ;)
Edited by Tammy, Apr 15 2013, 11:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 15 2013, 09:13 PM
natdot99
I understand all of that. But in his mind, you see, he loved her. That was the thing. Of course, what he feels for LuLu isn't real love. It's completely irrational. But my point was that, in his mind, he loves her and would want to be with her, alive.

Starvos is not being irrational but delusional, period. He using LuLu as a surrogate for Laura in an effort to recreate a part of his life that is long gone. Starvos held Laura on the island with bars on the window to prevent her from escaping and raped her until she submitted to him. Starvos is nothing but a narcissistic sociopath like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, and Son of Sam.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

natdot99
Luke has been an atheist for as long as he's been on the show from what I know.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Apr 16 2013, 01:15 PM
natdot99
Luke has been an atheist for as long as he's been on the show from what I know.
Ha. I was talking back to the tv, "Luke, Lulu dying is not why you don't believe in God."
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I'm having so many issues with Britt's "pregnancy." The biggest one being that I don't know if she's really preggers and the baby is Patrick's and the other one being how much she's sticking out for supposedly being 12 weeks along. Is she having triplets or something? All I know is that I've had babies, 3 to be exact, and I wasn't showing that much when I was 12 weeks. I was a little more fuller in the belly and more bloated looking there, but damn, I wasn't visibly sticking out like that! I know all women carry babies differently but I don't think I've ever seen anyone popped out that much at "12 weeks along." :shrug:

Oh goody, Kate/Connie is back. :drunk: Did the soap gods hear my prayers and break her and Sonny up for good? That's probably wishful thinking.

So Lulu thinks she's married to Stavros? Ick.

Spinelli is looking for Lauren Frank. Damn, I was hoping that TPTB would retcon that "Franco is Jason's twin" crap and we'd never have to hear about it again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I have no problem with the actress that played nululu, but the fact that she played two characters that was so annoying does not help her. She was annoying on GL and Y&R, but I will give her a chance.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I liked the actress on The Young & Restless-- the spoiled rich witch, didn't watch GL, my opinion so far hasn't changed, I'm not impressed
with her as NuLulu.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 16 2013, 08:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nightfan

natdot99
Apr 16 2013, 03:55 AM
nightfan
natdot99

Starvos is not being irrational but delusional, period. He using LuLu as a surrogate for Laura in an effort to recreate a part of his life that is long gone. Starvos held Laura on the island with bars on the window to prevent her from escaping and raped her until she submitted to him. Starvos is nothing but a narcissistic sociopath like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, and Son of Sam.
We agree. My point is that he wouldn't kill her. Not if he "loves" her in his mind. Whether he's delusional, irrational or whatever other label, he wouldn't kill her. Unless he's a necrophiliac.
Edited by nightfan, Apr 16 2013, 09:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

I hated Marcy (or Emme or Marge or whatever her first name is this week) Rylan as Abby on Y&R. Essentially, she played the same character as Lizzie Spalding. Hopefully, as Lulu she is less obnoxious.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 16 2013, 09:04 PM
natdot99
Apr 16 2013, 03:55 AM
nightfan
natdot99

We agree. My point is that he wouldn't kill her. Not if he "loves" her in his mind. Whether he's delusional, irrational or whatever other label, he wouldn't kill her. Unless he's a necrophiliac.

NS lack remorse and empathy. In other words, Starvos felt nothing for Dante, Luke, and Laura when he took Lulu. When confronted, it was all about what he wanted, not their feelings. In Starvos had any remorse or empathy, he would have never taken Lulu. Starvos as at true NS has illusions of grandeur.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

LPS
Apr 17 2013, 03:36 AM
I hated Marcy (or Emme or Marge or whatever her first name is this week) Rylan as Abby on Y&R. Essentially, she played the same character as Lizzie Spalding. Hopefully, as Lulu she is less obnoxious.
That is how I feel too. Hoping as Lulu the direction of the storyline and character won't be as annoying as Lizzie and/or Abby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic