Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR wants to know...; Favorite Hope moments!
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 07:20 PM (2,574 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

In honor of Kristian Alfonso's upcoming 30th anniversary, we want to know about your favorite Hope Williams Brady moments. You have until April 12th to contribute. Remember, we're making a countdown, so the more "votes" a scene gets, the more likely that it will appear on our final list. Make sure you provide enough context that we can figure out which scene you're talking about. You can post your favorites in this thread, pm them to me, or tweet them to the DR account.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

I am not sure how to embed, but this one hands down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNHqJUnpfY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

six
Member Avatar

Does it have to be Hope, or does Gina count?

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 31 2013, 07:38 PM
Any KA is fine.

AFaithL

Puzzle box scene with Bo.

Kissing booth scene with Bo (teenage).

Hope dying during he Cruise of Deception.

Bo kidnapping Hope from her wedding to Larry Welch.

MissLola
Member Avatar

When Zach died was another great Hope moment.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Miss Lola took mine!

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I loved this epi -not to mention how beautiful KA looks here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIqZ6SOFDtY

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Any of KA's work when Zach died was amazing and emmy worthy...especially the scene where Lexie broke the news and she just cried, "No! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!" Those are some of the most emotional scenes I have watched on a soap!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hope turns into Princess Gina in the snow.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hope slaps Billie at the cemetary.

Of course the line of this clip is about Alice "That old lady's pretty spunky."

james0479
Member Avatar

It's already been said but the "Bo and Hope learn Zach has died" scene is, without a doubt , the most epic heart wrenching piece of acting KA has ever done (IMO). While I hated that story when it aired, it gave Kristian the chance to show her chops and I was AMAZED with her performance especially in that last minute. We all know the scene. My tears start to fall with that look on Lexies face and then Kristian Alfonso takes over. She doesn't just "act" here. She became every mother who had ever lost a child in a tragedy. There's no words for the deep rooted guttural scream that came out of her body. Even when the scene "ends" she's still screaming. I've wondered how long that lasted and what it was like after "cut ". Every so often, I'll relive that scene on YouTube and to this day it blows me away.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

When she and Bo had to give JT back to Glen and Barb, TORE my heart out! And THEN when Zach died!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Hope miscarries on the pier (it starts at the 4:00 mark in the first clip & the 4:20 mark in the second):

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

lysie
Mar 31 2013, 07:39 PM
six
Mar 31 2013, 07:38 PM
Any KA is fine.
You may want to take that back. NT Hope anyone.

Best Kristian Alfonso scene IMO is a scene during Zach's death. I haven't been able to find the clip, but I'm sure one of her big fans could find it. It was the scene where Bo & Hope are saying goodbye to Zach and Bo is pulling Hope from Zach and Hope screams "I can't, I can't". One of the most powerful scenes the show has ever done.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Edited by ladyofthelake, Apr 1 2013, 07:15 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

My favorites of all time:

1) Zach dies (KA was amazing)
2) Hope dies 1990 (Cruise of Deception)
3) Hope opens the puzzle box
4) Bo and HOpe at the park after he takes her from the church on his motorcycle

Lil
Member Avatar

When she was 1st turned into Princess Gina.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 1 2013, 07:12 AM
Oh my, that was heart wrenching. I still remember those scenes so vividly and I'm in tears again after just that short clip. KA was amazing in this. The way she knew by just the look on Lexie's face and her "No, no, no!" Her grief was palpable and felt so real. It was her best work IMO.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

tomsawyer
Apr 1 2013, 09:13 AM
ladyofthelake
Apr 1 2013, 07:12 AM
Oh my, that was heart wrenching. I still remember those scenes so vividly and I'm in tears again after just that short clip. KA was amazing in this. The way she knew by just the look on Lexie's face and her "No, no, no!" Her grief was palpable and felt so real. It was her best work IMO.
Pass the Kleenex..............SO much better than the current tribble. I had a tough time tearing myself away and not continue to click on other clips.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply