Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR wants to know...; Favorite Hope moments!
Topic Started: Mar 31 2013, 07:20 PM (2,599 Views)
jdawg1077

Learning that Zach died is probably my first choice. It was a travesty that she was overlooked for an Emmy nomination.

Other favorites are her return scene at Maison Blanche with Celeste (a turn of the head, followed by that famous eyebrow arch).

Her dying in the cage during Cruise of Deception.

On the island with Bo after the plane crash in 1984.
Edited by jdawg1077, Apr 1 2013, 10:14 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

Okay, these probably won't make the list, but some of my favorite H-ope scenes aren't necessarily spectacular or anything, but they help round out who she is as a person.

The first is a series of scenes between H-ope/Bo/J-ennifer/Jack on the island after Cruise of Deception. They're building a raft and the two men go off to search for more wood. The two women stay to talk and get it in their heads that they don't need to wait for the guys; they can rescue themselves and everyone else. It's nothing special, really. But I liked the humor and the "spunky female" aspects.

Second would be anything that showcased H-ope as a police detective. That used to be a big part of who she was. Her fans probably have better examples, but one that comes to mind is from early 2003 during the corrupt DA storyline. J-ennifer and H-ope confront one of the DA's female cohorts in an alley, and the bad girl stuffs one or both of them in a trunk and is about to get away. The two women end up rescuing themselves and taking down the bad girl as the guys arrive to tidy up. Again, fun and a testament to H-ope as a "strong woman."

Lastly, I don't know if this is about H-ope or more of a Bope scene, but I liked when Shawn D was born. Bo was there to help deliver their son and the aftermath was both funny and sweet. I h-ope someone can find that clip.

Edited by annie21, Apr 1 2013, 03:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Okay, pass the kleenex please! Watching that scene made me all weepy.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

darraholic
Apr 1 2013, 03:04 AM
lysie
Mar 31 2013, 07:39 PM
six
Mar 31 2013, 07:38 PM
Does it have to be Hope, or does Gina count?
Any KA is fine.
You may want to take that back. NT Hope anyone.

Best Kristian Alfonso scene IMO is a scene during Zach's death. I haven't been able to find the clip, but I'm sure one of her big fans could find it. It was the scene where Bo & Hope are saying goodbye to Zach and Bo is pulling Hope from Zach and Hope screams "I can't, I can't". One of the most powerful scenes the show has ever done.
IMO, Kristian played NT Hope really well. it was OOC for Hope to be a pill-popping psycho, but that doesn't mean it wasn't acted out well.

the 2 NT Hope-related scenes that were really well done were NT Hope's confession & Hope seeing the tape when she awoke the next morning.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 1 2013, 09:15 AM
tomsawyer
Apr 1 2013, 09:13 AM
ladyofthelake
Apr 1 2013, 07:12 AM
Oh my, that was heart wrenching. I still remember those scenes so vividly and I'm in tears again after just that short clip. KA was amazing in this. The way she knew by just the look on Lexie's face and her "No, no, no!" Her grief was palpable and felt so real. It was her best work IMO.
Pass the Kleenex..............SO much better than the current tribble. I had a tough time tearing myself away and not continue to click on other clips.
i think this emoticon expresses exactly how everyone is when they watch that scene: Posted Image

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

jdawg1077
Apr 1 2013, 10:11 AM
Other favorites are her return scene at Maison Blanche with Celeste (a turn of the head, followed by that famous eyebrow arch).

(starts at 13:50)

darraholic
Member Avatar

Although it is a music video, 2:00-2:30 scene is the clip I was talking about.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Pop Up has never really been that important of a character to me. I can appreciate and respect her place on the show though. She's a core character if there ever was one. It's unfortunate what she's been left to do with Peter Reckell's exit. Kill off Bo please! But this isn't is about Bo. It's about Pop Up. I could only come up with two favorite Pop Up moments in my time watching the show. It seems most of Pop Up's iconic moments took place before I started watching in 1996, like the early Bope days, Bo kidnapping Pop Up on her wedding day, Bo and Pop Up's royal wedding, Shawn's birth, Cruise of Deception, Gina, etc.

Favorite Pop Up Moment #1 - Zack's death. When Lexie came out of the operating room to inform the family of Zack's passing, chills run down my spine the minute Pop Up starts shaking her head no. After that, Alfonso nails every emotion one could think a mother who just lost her child would face. That scream is blood-curdling. It gets me every single time. I remember feeling like Alfonso was robbed of an Emmy that year. Looking back, it was really just that one performance of hers that really got to me, and it only lasted a few seconds. Not exactly Emmy worthy. But still so damn good. And memorable.

The clip was already posted.

Favorite Pop Up Moment #2 - Pop Up confronts Belle about her affair with Philip. I don't think I ever enjoyed Pop Up more than when she knew about Belle and Philip's affair and kept quite about it. Alfonso played that meddling mother almost as good as Lauren Koslow. I loved every single scene Pop Up had with Belle. You could tell that Pop Up really cared about Belle, so she couldn't exactly dig into her like she would any other woman. On the other hand, it was Pop Up's son they were talking about, and she was only concerned in protecting his heart. She didn't want to see him hurt, so she kept quiet about the affair. It was some of the most realistic moments between a group of character I ever saw on DAYS. Everything was very realistic. I really felt like I was eavesdropping on real family members discussing a terrible family scandal. Proof that Pop Up would work much better with children who could use a meddling mother in their lives. Bring back Shawn or age Cousin Lover, damn it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbyNSZWFJA

And I remember loving everything about the Princess Gina saga. Not sure if I would've liked how long it lasted as an adult viewer, but I loved it as a pre-teenager, LOL.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 1 2013, 03:01 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

darraholic
Apr 1 2013, 02:50 PM

Although it is a music video, 2:00-2:30 scene is the clip I was talking about.
here's the scene itself:

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I have always loved these scenes for H'ope (and Bo) from 1998 after Billie lost the baby... Would have loved to see this level of writing through over the years for them and other characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcRrSCerFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8nUQlmdME
Edited by granolagirl, Apr 1 2013, 03:19 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

this scene isn't overly emotional, & wouldn't be something one would submit for Emmy contention, but it's still a really sweet scene:

(starts at 10:33)

i love the way the writers wrote the evolution of Hope & Chelsea's relationship.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Apr 1 2013, 03:31 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Add my vote to the scene where Pop Up (apologize for the filter) finds out Zack is dead---Alfonso was ROBBED of an Emmy that year.

I would also like to submit the following scene between Pop Up and Chelsea (I'm not sure how to embed videos, so hopefully the link Mute and Ineffective work):

Chelsea and Pop Uphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPrMBn_eUo

It's the scene right after Chelsea has been told she can't have children as a result of the partial transplant that saved Bo's life. It's a beautiful and touching scene that brings some closure to Zach's death and I loved how the writers slowly evolved Pop Up and Chelsea's relationship to a real mother/daughter one.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Pop Up opens the puzzle box

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

WOW, so many favorite Hope moments!!! Hmm, where to begin..

Hope as a southern belle in Oak Alley, waving her fan & teases Bo

Coming back to the show in 1990 and only for a few months, KA was back with her a-game! Favorite moments include Hope revealing herself to Bo as "Scarlett" to his "Rhett" and giving him a wink. Also when they're on the island, and in the cave after making love, she says to Bo "You're gonna have to be going pretty soon, aren't you?" and Bo says "Yeah...but I'll be back"... that whole scene is amazing and also very sad knowing what's to come. I love the way KA plays Hope in this scene. And to top it all off when Hope is in the cage saying her goodbye's to Bo.... :'(

Seeing KA's face turning to the camera and she gives her eyebrow- trademark. So cool, lol. From the Maison Blanche SL. Her scene was with Celeste.

Hope opens the puzzle box in august 1995, reciting a letter written to Bo

Hope transforming to Gina

Saying goodbye to JT in 2002

Zack dies. The WHOLE SL, but it all started with that chilling scream. ALWAYS brings tears to my eyes...

NT Hope, and Hope seeing her as NT Hope on the footage with Bo.

I LOVE Hope & Kristian Alfonso!! :wub:

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

My favorite moments of KA probably are in top 5

1. The celebration of her 18th birthday

2. All of the Oak Alley scenes with Bo

3. England wedding

4. The opening of the puzzle box to reveal she wasn't Gina

5. Not so much a favorite but just fabulous acting by Kristian upon learning of Zach's death. I can't watch those scenes anymore because of personal reminders.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I can't find the clip right this second (although I know it's on youtube), but a personal favorite of mine is when Hope is locked inside the ice show during the prisms storyline (where she's undercover as a guard) and figure skates since KA was once a competitive figure skater.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 2 2013, 06:39 PM
I can't find the clip right this second (although I know it's on youtube), but a personal favorite of mine is when Hope is locked inside the ice show during the prisms storyline (where she's undercover as a guard) and figure skates since KA was once a competitive figure skater.
there are a few "Hope skates" moments from over the years:

(this is the one you were referring to)

(the actual ice show performance)

(from Aremid)

(not sure if this one was part of the show too or if it's a video from something else)

concerned
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 2 2013, 08:04 PM
Matt
Apr 2 2013, 06:39 PM
there are a few "Hope skates" moments from over the years:

(this is the one you were referring to)

(the actual ice show performance)

(from Aremid)

(not sure if this one was part of the show too or if it's a video from something else)
Seriously would it kill them to have another ice show everynow and then.

Damn those budget restrictions.

Maybe they could repurpose the "blue office" as an ice rink??
Edited by concerned, Apr 2 2013, 08:14 PM.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

This was hard for me since Hope & her love story with Bo is what got me addicted to Days, but after some thought, my favorite Hope moment is when they had to give J.T back to Glenn & Barb. KA gives a flawless, heart wrenching performance, as does PR & JC. I cried all over again watching this video. It's such a good, soapy, tear jerking story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvLVmayUPyk&playnext=1&list=PL222666D9F4013601&feature=results_video

It's so heart breaking at the end with no dialogue, just music. Bo beating the hell out of the punching bag, Shawn D in the backyard with the bat & of course Hope sitting alone in J.T's room with his scrapbook.

Daysofold

Hope's 18th Birthday
Bo & Hope's Wedding in England
Aremid Storyline and all the angst between Bo and Hope
Losing JT
Losing Zach which was heart wrenching and she performed how a parent would react.
Bo Leaving in Oct 2012 - she showed her true emotion about the two of them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply