Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of March 18-22
Topic Started: Apr 1 2013, 04:40 AM (1,705 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

NOTE: B&B and Y&R did not air on Thursday/Friday due to NCAA Basketball
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,711,000 (+345,000/+636,000)
2. B&B 3,492,000 (+112,000/+543,000)
3. DAYS 2,489,000 (+312,000/+237,000)
4. GH 2,451,000 (-87,000/+204,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (+.2/+.4)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (+.1/+.4)
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (+.2/+.2)
3. GH 1.9/6 (same/+.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 866,000 (+28,000/+24,000)
2. B&B 709,000 (-7,000/+46,000)
3. GH 605,000 (+1,000/+69,000)
4. DAYS 546,000 (+65,000/+50,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4/9 (+.1/+.1)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (same/+.1)
3. GH 0.9/6 (same/+.1)
3. DAYS 0.9/5 (+.1/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 249,000 (+60,000/+45,000)
2. GH 208,000 (-27,000/+94,000)
3. B&B 180,000 (+26,000/+33,000)
4. DAYS 177,000 (+11,000/+24,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 0.6 (-.1/+.3)
3. DAYS 0.5 (same/same)
3. B&B 0.5 (same/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.6/3,497,000
Tuesday: 2.6/3,558,000
Wednesday: 2.5/3,421,000
Thursday:
Friday:

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,477,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,493,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,166,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,721,000
Friday: 2.0/2,587,000

GH
Monday: 1.8/2,384,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,621,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,392,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,513,000
Friday: 1.8/2,343,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,758,000
Tuesday: 3.5/4,691,000
Wednesday: 3.5/4,686,000
Thursday: N/A
Friday: N/A

SON
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Those GH numbers make me sad. :(

lysie
Member Avatar

Days got back most of what they lost. Did something external happen Wednesday?

Everyone is so far up from last year...last year really was terrible, lol,

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

If Days didn't have a huge week this week, I'd worry, after the disaster from last week. This is what always happens, they have a huge dip and then they have a huge gain and then they have a huge dip again.....next week will be interesting (This past week's numbers)...they had a LOT of Dannifer around and that is never a good thing. I still think the show could do so much better that what it's doing and the ONLY saving grace for it now is that last March was so awful for the show that anything this years looks better in comparison. That said....comparing something to shit is pretty much that...still shit...but let's see how they do next week.

I don't know why GH dropped, the show is awesome right now, IMHO. Anyway....they will be shooting through the roof soon with the nurse's ball...they should hit highs...

samwel

Well look at that. DOOL is back to their normal and they beat GH :cheer: , no announcement pending :lol:

is not OMG, but with the exception of Wed, those 2.0s look great.
Edited by samwel, Apr 1 2013, 07:40 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Ratings are so weird. It seems like there's no rhyme or reason to them from week to week. The only thing I can say is that I like the show way better than I did a year ago so it's nice to see the ratings up from last year too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I can't say I'm really surprised at the GH numbers. After the Caleb/Livvie vampire stuff wrapped up, the middle of March got really slow. But the Lulu kidnapping story started kicking off on March 21 with the beginning of the vet returns on the 22nd, so we'll see what the following week's numbers are. Nikolas showed up as the Friday cliffhanger (which was a surprise return) and I seem to recall that's the same day Bobbie came back.

I'm really pulling for GH this month---I hope the return of the Nurse's Ball, vets, and Spencer/Cassadine stuff pays off in the ratings, especially since Cartini has made an honest effort in giving GH a fitting tribute for the 50 year milestone.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm amused that people always try to equate the ratings for individual days (for any soap) to what happened on screen that day because unless that was a specific episode that was highly promoted, no one knows what exactly happened in that episode until AFTER it airs so it would bear on impact (IMHO) on whether anyone wants to watch that day or not. In truth, I'd venture to wager that the episode immediately preceding it has more of an impact on the next day's ratings than the next day itself.

#my2cents

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 1 2013, 09:36 AM
I'm amused that people always try to equate the ratings for individual days (for any soap) to what happened on screen that day because unless that was a specific episode that was highly promoted, no one knows what exactly happened in that episode until AFTER it airs so it would bear on impact (IMHO) on whether anyone wants to watch that day or not. In truth, I'd venture to wager that the episode immediately preceding it has more of an impact on the next day's ratings than the next day itself.

#my2cents
Agreed. I think the only thing that really impacts a particular day's ratings is whether there was a big cliffhanger from the previous episode.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 1 2013, 07:08 AM
If Days didn't have a huge week this week, I'd worry, after the disaster from last week. This is what always happens, they have a huge dip and then they have a huge gain and then they have a huge dip again.....next week Mute and Ineffective be interesting (This past week's numbers)...they had a LOT of Dannifer around and that is never a good thing. I still think the show could do so much better that what it's doing and the ONLY saving grace for it now is that last March was so awful for the show that anything this years looks better in comparison. That said....comparing something to shit is pretty much that...still shit...but let's see how they do next week.

I don't know why GH dropped, the show is awesome right now, IMHO. Anyway....they Mute and Ineffective be shooting through the roof soon with the nurse's ball...they should hit highs...
There was a lot of Dannifer last week. In fact, I think Thursday and Friday were Dannifer episodes.

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 1 2013, 09:36 AM

#my2cents
I've been saying this for years.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I really don't get the GH ratings. The show has been very good IMO. Better than DAYS. I wonder if the Exodus of the OLTL refugees led to their folowers jumping ship?

happy
Member Avatar

Sorry to see GH lose numbers. But I have to admit I stopped watching for a bit after the vampire story. That story seemed to go out with a whimper. Anyway, I'm excited about the Nurse's Ball. Pop Up that brings in the ratings. It's why I came back to the show - and then I was so stoked to see the return of Nik and more vet heavy stories. Yeah!!!! Team Mac.

crazy4sc

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 1 2013, 01:12 PM
I really don't get the GH ratings. The show has been very good IMO. Better than DAYS. I wonder if the Exodus of the OLTL refugees led to their folowers jumping ship?
Well I'm one who is a big Rh fan so for me , I'm not watching.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Yay for Days!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply