Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 4/1
Topic Started: Apr 1 2013, 06:55 AM (26,929 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 3 2013, 09:03 PM
does filming 4 months in advance really save them that much more money than filming, say 2.5 months in advance??
Considering everything looks cheap as hell and that they keep using the same four sets over and over again, I'd have to say "No"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 3 2013, 09:05 PM
Matt
Apr 3 2013, 09:03 PM
lysie
Apr 3 2013, 08:06 PM
Dippity do?
"A little dab'll do ya!" (even though that's for Brylcreem)

Unfortunately, EJ seems to use far more than a little dab and it all turns into one giant dippity don't.

I'm too young for Soapy's jokes sometimes. She's going to hit me.
Yep.

It's gonna get real in ATL.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Soapy, it's all good. I remember Dippity-DO. And banana curls. These youngsters just don't know what they missed.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

ladyofthelake
Apr 4 2013, 05:58 AM
Soapy, it's all good. I remember Dippity-DO. And banana curls. These youngsters just don't know what they missed.
Okay, you've just given me the urge to watch The Sound of Music, at the worst possible time of the year - paper/exam time, lol.

Marlene

ladyofthelake
Apr 4 2013, 05:58 AM

I was just going to "like" this but I also need a "like" button for your avatar.

am103
Member Avatar

Four months ahead...

That is seriously insane! I get that they're saving money, but they're not going to be saving anything if they're four months deep into stories that viewers don't wanna see! Because we wouldn't see any kind of changes until 2014! Crazy!

MissLola
Member Avatar

I for one don't think it matters anymore if they are filming 6 weeks or 6 months ahead. They are obviously not concerned with viewers response to the stories and will just go full speeda ahead with whatever they think is a great idea. I think the months and months of Dannifer angst as the front burner story is proof of that.

Caylee
Member Avatar

Quote:

Kate Mansi ‏@KateMansi 6h

Glad to hear y'all are liking the chad/Abby scenes airing...can't wait for you to see what's comin! @CaseyDeidrick @nbcdays https://twitter.com/KateMansi/status/319919738954317825

Woo Hoo! :rockon:
Edited by Caylee, Apr 4 2013, 10:21 PM.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Caylee
Apr 4 2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:

Kate Mansi ■@KateMansi 6h

Glad to hear y'all are liking the chad/Abby scenes airing...can't wait for you to see what's comin! @CaseyDeidrick @nbcdays https://twitter.com/KateMansi/status/319919738954317825

Woo Hoo! :rockon:
It is @CaseyDeidrick.
Edited by WillFan, Apr 4 2013, 10:49 PM.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Blake Berris■@BlakeBerris
What will happent to Nick/Gabi/Will now that Vargas is in town? #DAYS @nbcdays
https://twitter.com/BlakeBerris/status/319867913429479424

WillFan
Member Avatar

Casey Deidrick■@CaseyDeidrick
You spelled my last name wrong butthead RT @KateMansi: Glad to hear y'all are liking the chad/Abby scenes airing... @CaseyDiedrick @nbcdays
https://twitter.com/CaseyDeidrick/status/319921561580756992

Kate Mansi■@KateMansi
@CaseyDeidrick haha woa weird that's what showed up for you i didn't even type it in! STRANGE.Sorry stoopid ;)
https://twitter.com/KateMansi/status/319922340639158274

chinkybig

am103
Apr 4 2013, 10:23 AM
Four months ahead...

That is seriously insane! I get that they're saving money, but they're not going to be saving anything if they're four months deep into stories that viewers don't wanna see! Because we wouldn't see any kind of changes until 2014! Crazy!
What a way to let the viewers know that....TPTB just don't care. They do their own thing, then they just make the viewers suffer. Case in point: Dannifer, among others.

I just don't get why they want to "save money" by taping way in advance. I have a suggestion on how this show can save some money: Fire those they think to be "stars" who are part of useless and disgusting storylines + those who feel like they are "THE star" of the show. I can gladly give a list to them.

Daysofold

MissLola
Apr 4 2013, 10:39 AM
I for one don't think it matters anymore if they are filming 6 weeks or 6 months ahead. They are obviously not concerned with viewers response to the stories and will just go full speeda ahead with whatever they think is a great idea. I think the months and months of Dannifer angst as the front burner story is proof of that.
You hit the nail on the head. They don't care what anyone thinks. Mark my words, in the end, that will come back to bite them....and I truly hope it does!'

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Haha my doppelgńnger RT @beastluvsbieber: @CaseyDeidrick @nbcdays Days posted this pic to FB Laughing, mad cat! pic.twitter.com/7McUJaSbbB

Posted Image

AFaithL

Casey and Kate Mansi are adorable together.

Isn't it true that General Hospital is 4 months ahead, too? Maybe that's where Days got the idea from.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Love Casey & Kate! :wub:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

@TheSean_Douglas: @EJandNicoleFAN I'm not Michael Keaton's son! Although that would have probably been kinda cool! Lol
So he isn't MK's son.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Michael Keaton's son (Sean Maxwell Douglas) is only 29. Michael Keaton's real name is Michael Douglas (but had to change it because there was already actor Michael Douglas). Sean Maxwell Douglas' mother is the late Caroline McWilliams from Benson (also ex-Janet Mason, GL).

Yes, DAYS' Sean Douglas is hot, but he's definitely not 29. lol
Edited by Matt, Apr 5 2013, 10:59 AM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 5 2013, 06:40 AM
Casey and Kate Mansi are adorable together.

Isn't it true that General Hospital is 4 months ahead, too? Maybe that's where Days got the idea from.
No, General Hospital's taping schedule is about 4 weeks ahead and it's been like that for awhile.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And for an really ironic add on to the above that I forgot to mention -- the real Michael Douglas' mother (Diana Douglas) played Marlena's mother, Martha Evans, and earlier starred on Love is A Many Splendored Thing for 3 years as Lily Chernak.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply