Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 4/1
Topic Started: Apr 1 2013, 06:55 AM (27,339 Views)
six
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 6 2013, 02:38 PM
I hope we get both Jen Lilley AND Chrishell Stause! :cloud9: I'm greedy.
Anyone have links to some of CS's notewothy scenes? I'm not familiar with her work.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 6 2013, 02:10 PM
Just would like to point out that Lilley favorited this tweet:

Quote:

@jen_lilley Sorry gurl, not buying it. ;) Since DAYS is notorious for wanting to keep things hush, I'm hoping this is just a cover up! Haha!
her favoring that pretty much confirms that she was trying to do some damage control to get GV off the hook....I'll say I think she's a recast Belle, but at this stage I'd prefer a recast Stephanie..that would give Kayla some story and can they pair her up with Lucas PLEASE...to give both some story.

AFaithL

lysie
AFaithL
Apr 6 2013, 02:34 PM
lysie
Apr 6 2013, 02:26 PM
six
Apr 6 2013, 02:22 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I actually think Brady's death would affect the most people, but it would lack some of the extra emotional beats that one of the characters with children would have. The fact that they don't have the kind of characters and pairings that make that kind of story work so well is a major example of the problem this show has had with writing, IMO. Rafe and Daniel have been on the canvas about as long as Steve was when he was killed off, and I can't imagine either of their deaths being anywhere near the story Steve's was.
No way. I'd kill off Rafe or Daniel first. They are more expendable. Eric Martsolf entertains me way more than 3/4 of the males on this show.

For females, I'd love to see Sami go. Jennifer, too. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

As long as Marlena STAYS PUT.
Them being expendable is kind of my point. They need to kill of someone important. I have no issue with them leaving too. That's not the issue.
Rafe and Daniel are important enough to kill off. Hell, I'd kill off Eric before I'd kill off Brady. Sami losing her twin could be impactful. I just love Eric Martsolf too much (especially since he found someone he works so well with in ED).

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 6 2013, 02:44 PM
lysie
AFaithL
Apr 6 2013, 02:34 PM
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
No way. I'd kill off Rafe or Daniel first. They are more expendable. Eric Martsolf entertains me way more than 3/4 of the males on this show.

For females, I'd love to see Sami go. Jennifer, too. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

As long as Marlena STAYS PUT.
Them being expendable is kind of my point. They need to kill of someone important. I have no issue with them leaving too. That's not the issue.
Rafe and Daniel are important enough to kill off. Hell, I'd kill off Eric before I'd kill off Brady. Sami losing her twin could be impactful. I just love Eric Martsolf too much (especially since he found someone he works so well with in ED).
Eric hasn't been around long enough. Daniel's death would affect two people. Rafe's death would affect two people. By all means, kill them off. But I also want someone who would affect a larger portion of the canvas.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 6 2013, 02:32 PM
AFaithL
Apr 6 2013, 02:27 PM
Belle is not a brunette. And Martha Madison IS Belle. Maybe she's the new PT?
I don't dislike Martha, but I never felt connected to her Belle. I always preferred Kirsten, though I don't think she'll ever return as long as GH is on the air. I thought Jen Lilley was a talented actress when she replaced Kirsten on GH, though I didn't feel Maxie was the right character for her - I felt she'd be more perfect for a more wholesome character. I think she'd make an AWESOME Belle!

Posted Image

As a blonde, she totally has the Belle look, not to mention her eye color seems similar to Deidre's!
Maybe it's just this picture (I am not familiar with the actress), but in that picture she looks like one of those people that you can't tell if they are 12 or 40.

If Belle comes back, I would rather have it be Martha.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

the problem with bring belle and no shawn i no shelle fan but with so many long time fanbase got screwed there no need to screwed shelle fan too

and belle only opitions are sami exes or teens
Edited by Partnersincrime, Apr 6 2013, 03:00 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

While my first choices to bump off would be Rafe & Daniel, I agree that it wouldn't have that big of an affect on canvas.

Unless they used something like a serial killer storyline & someone like Jennifer was the killer. She could lose her marbles like mommy & go on a killing spree.

six
Member Avatar

I like Daniel, but I almost wouldn't mind him dying, just to see what would happen. I'm thinking it'd end with the town coming to Jonas town square to tell everyone how Daniel was their reason for living.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Lilley tweeted that she's still a brunette. She's probably not a Belle recast then.

Posted Image
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Apr 6 2013, 03:31 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 6 2013, 03:26 PM
Lilley tweeted that she's still a brunette. She's probably not a Belle recast then.
maybe she's a Chelsea recast?! Abby could use her old BFF, Nick could use a good kick from an ex, & Hope could be nagged about what is up with Bo.
I'm not sure anyone could recreate the mother/daughter chemistry Rachel had with Kristian though.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Apr 6 2013, 03:30 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Apr 6 2013, 02:59 PM
the problem with bring belle and no shawn i no shelle fan but with so many long time fanbase got screwed there no need to screwed shelle fan too

and belle only opitions are sami exes or teens
There's always Cam. I guess you might be calling him a teen, but he has to be around Belle's age. And while I personally don't want to see Belle with Rafe or Lucas, there's a lot of built in drama with going in that direction. It could also be interesting if both Hope and Belle were being secretive about their husbands. They might be able to recapture the dynamic they had going between Belle, Hope and Marlena back in 2007. Actually, it's probably too late, but I wish the show could pick up where it left off with shelle/phelle/phloe.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

If I could choose 2 characters to leave Salem, it would be Sami and Daniel.

Daniel Jonas has burned through so many women I am thoroughly burned out of seeing him in any kind of romantic pairing. Rafe on the other hand hasn't so I am more open to seeing him in a love story. Also I would like to see either Craig Wesley or Mike Horton come back to Salem as doctors so either could replace Dr. Jonas (I would love to see Mike and Lucas really explore their brotherly connection). I also wouldn't mind seeing Bill Horton come back as chief of staff.

As for Sami her leaving the Days canvas would open up SO many opportunities for new and fresh story lines. She has had so many romantic entanglements be the front-burner on Days I am to the point where I could care less who she is with. And I used to be a die-hard Lumi fan. If she were killed off it would be interesting to see EJ struggle with being a single parent, and likewise for Lucas. I realize this would be unpopular with the Ejami, Safe, and remaining Lumi fans, but it's just my own opinion as to which departing character would have the biggest impact. Daniel's departure wouldn't but I'm so :flipoff: at him because of Fetch I have this unhealthy desire to see him take a long walk off a short pier.

camera shy

I think the character might be Chelsea and of course they'd put her with Rafe. I can see Rafe meeting her and being attracted to her and having no idea she's Kate's daughter.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Apr 6 2013, 04:09 PM
I think the character might be Chelsea and of course they'd put her with Rafe. I can see Rafe meeting her and being attracted to her and having no idea she's Kate's daughter.
Grand-daughter.

camera shy

JarlenaLante
Apr 6 2013, 03:49 PM
If I could choose 2 characters to leave Salem, it would be Sami and Daniel.

Daniel Jonas has burned through so many women I am thoroughly burned out of seeing him in any kind of romantic pairing. Rafe on the other hand hasn't so I am more open to seeing him in a love story. Also I would like to see either Craig Wesley or Mike Horton come back to Salem as doctors so either could replace Dr. Jonas (I would love to see Mike and Lucas really explore their brotherly connection). I also wouldn't mind seeing Bill Horton come back as chief of staff.

As for Sami her leaving the Days canvas would open up SO many opportunities for new and fresh story lines. She has had so many romantic entanglements be the front-burner on Days I am to the point where I could care less who she is with. And I used to be a die-hard Lumi fan. If she were killed off it would be interesting to see EJ struggle with being a single parent, and likewise for Lucas. I realize this would be unpopular with the Ejami, Safe, and remaining Lumi fans, but it's just my own opinion as to which departing character would have the biggest impact. Daniel's departure wouldn't but I'm so :flipoff: at him because of Fetch I have this unhealthy desire to see him take a long walk off a short pier.
You know, I think NBC thinks so highly of AS that if she decided to leave Days, they would cancel the show thinking they've lost the reason why most viewers watch.

camera shy

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 6 2013, 04:10 PM
camera shy
Apr 6 2013, 04:09 PM
Grand-daughter.
Thanks.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

For those who didn't see Jen Lilley on GH:

Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Apr 6 2013, 04:49 PM.

cord08

Supergirlx2
Apr 6 2013, 03:29 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Apr 6 2013, 03:26 PM
maybe she's a Chelsea recast?! Abby could use her old BFF, Nick could use a good kick from an ex, & Hope could be nagged about what is up with Bo.
I'm not sure anyone could recreate the mother/daughter chemistry Rachel had with Kristian though.
I had the same thought. If Hope does have a larger story coming, as has been previously stated, I could see Chelsea being brought in to support the Bo angle, and also help with a Nick "redemption" arc. (If they are actually planning a "redemption" arc, that is).

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

AFaithL
Apr 6 2013, 01:57 PM
As far as the women go.....Deidre, Alison, Kate Mansi, Eileen, and Ariane
Zucker are the ones who need to stay.

Men....Eric Martsolf, James Scott, Drake H, Greg Vaughan, and Casey D.
IKR, also Joe Mascolo and I'm good.

I want Daniel and Jenn gone so much.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
six
Apr 6 2013, 02:22 PM
lysie
Apr 6 2013, 02:14 PM
six
Apr 6 2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think they should get rid of anyone; just move some people onto the back burner and bring some forward.
So much story can come from getting rid of main characters because their absences affect the canvas in a real way. Some reshuffling would be nice, too, but it's way past time for someone in this main group to lose a spouse/significant other (and Madison doesn't count, lol). Of course the pairings have been so weak in that group that I guess that kind of story really wouldn't be as good as it's been in the past.
Yeah, the only way I think that kind of thing would be successful is if it was with someone like caustin, or even shelle. Nobody in the thirties group has had a pairing that really drew in the majority of the fans. The only death that would really rock the canvas would be Sami, imo, since she's related to, romantically linked to, or enemies with 99% of the town
I actually think Brady's death would affect the most people, but it would lack some of the extra emotional beats that one of the characters with children would have. The fact that they don't have the kind of characters and pairings that make that kind of story work so well is a major example of the problem this show has had with writing, IMO. Rafe and Daniel have been on the canvas about as long as Steve was when he was killed off, and I can't imagine either of their deaths being anywhere near the story Steve's was.
DAYS needs what GH got, they need an adrenaline shot in the arm. They need to get rid of the excess fat that no one gives a shit about, write character driven stories and focus on the family aspect. They really I want them to kill off Brady, is to have John just get numb while Marlena goes dark, because she feels like she failed him. She failed her own promise to Isabella to look after John and Brady, she failed her promise to Brady to protect him and she failed John. It's not her fault, of course, but let those feelings be the driving force behind J&M really going after Stefano and Kristen (who either directly or indirectly were responsible). They have Victor on their side (Victor has been on J&M's side since the early 90s, he cares for them even when they despise the things he does), which gives a nice little villain vs villain aspect, powerful families against each other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply