Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Jane Elliott, Tony Geary & Kin Shriner dish the show's golden days
Topic Started: Apr 1 2013, 10:28 AM (830 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Anthony-Geary-Jane-1063392.aspx?rss=breakingnews
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

OMG! This article is HILARIOUS. Thanks for posting.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This is one of my all-time favorite interviews, lol. It goes off the rails at the end, but the beginning and middle were epic. I really wish this were on video.

Michael Logan is the KING of interviews and getting people to actually open up. Kin Shriner, Jane Elliot, and Tony Geary were bound to be a great interview anyway, but this was just fun. I loved the shots at Guza and Frons and whoever else they really felt like talking about. Jane Elliot asking if Gloria Monty and her sister Norma were dead had me DYING laughing. Hey Gloria Monty and a legend and a Goddess of soaps, but Jane Elliot is too so I don't mind hearing her two cents.

Thrilled that Michael Logan asked about the Emmys and that Tony Geary chimed in and wasn't happy with Jane. She could have a PILE of Emmys from her work and I think she would have won Supporting Actress this year easily had she submitted anything.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! I absolutely love what was said about Brian Frons in this interview.

nightfan

Thanks so much for this interview. I'm not even halfway through and have a question: why was Dee Hall doing Jane's hair? Dee, the actress, moonlighting as a GH hairdesser? Wh-wh-what?!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

This is such a great interview.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

nightfan
Apr 1 2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks so much for this interview. I'm not even halfway through and have a question: why was Dee Hall doing Jane's hair? Dee, the actress, moonlighting as a GH hairdesser? Wh-wh-what?!
They've been best friends for like... how many years Deidre's been on DAYS, plus 1. They met on Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, snarked at each other about the set (the producers were NOT nice apparently) and have been best friends since. DH does all her friends' hair coloring (DH, Lynn Herring and JE are all really close, they gave DH her baby shower for her first son). She wanted to be a hairdresser when she was a teenager (before going on to study psychology, then becoming a model and then getting Y&R, DAYS. She just went back to her dream I guess.) Jane told an EPIC story on Soaptalk a while back about a mishap they had a few years ago. SO. FUNNY. (Begins at around 7 mins.)

I LOVE this interview, and I love Jane's honesty, all of theirs really. And I love Tony for yelling at Jane about the Emmys. Not that the Emmys are the be all, end all, but I just wish they'd give it to really talented people.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I loved this interview!!! Thanks for posting.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Apr 2 2013, 12:40 PM
I loved this interview!!! Thanks for posting.
I love Jane, she's just awesome.

nightfan

The Room Stops
Apr 2 2013, 12:25 PM
nightfan
Apr 1 2013, 11:28 PM
They've been best friends for like... how many years Deidre's been on DAYS, plus 1. They met on Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, snarked at each other about the set (the producers were NOT nice apparently) and have been best friends since. DH does all her friends' hair coloring (DH, Lynn Herring and JE are all really close, they gave DH her baby shower for her first son). She wanted to be a hairdresser when she was a teenager (before going on to study psychology, then becoming a model and then getting Y&R, DAYS. She just went back to her dream I guess.) Jane told an EPIC story on Soaptalk a while back about a mishap they had a few years ago. SO. FUNNY. (Begins at around 7 mins.)

I LOVE this interview, and I love Jane's honesty, all of theirs really. And I love Tony for yelling at Jane about the Emmys. Not that the Emmys are the be all, end all, but I just wish they'd give it to really talented people.
Thank you for your explanation, The Room Stops. How kind.
And I watched the entire clip you gave. It was sad to hear that Anna Lee complained of not having enough story, even right before the graveyard. So touching.

happy
Member Avatar

I loved Jane Elliott as Carrie on Guiding Light. Does anyone know why her story was cut short? I remember being riveted as a little girl - and so shocked that she left the show so abruptly.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply