Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, April 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 2 2013, 08:43 AM (6,108 Views)
AFaithL

Great John and Marlena scene at the end, when she said she wasn't giving up on them, and John smiled at her. They still have IT.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Matt
Apr 2 2013, 12:05 PM
What Jennifer is saying to Daniel is what should REALLY be the TRUTH. This SHOULD be how she feels. Unfortunately, since we know she's lying to protect Daniel from Chloe, we know all of her feelings about Jack are a lie and I hate her for it.
The irony is that Jack is actually intact as a character, in spite of everything. His memory hasn't been tainted at all--viewers know that he fought his way back from torture and imprisonment to reunite with his family, that he overcame PTSD, that he gave his life to save Abigail, that he went out a hero. Jennifer's the one who's been diminished, using his love for her and their whole history as a couple as an excuse to protect weak, shallow, man-child Daniel. She looks fickle, faithless, disrespectful, and hypocritical. Third-run Jennifer is too paltry even to hate: I merely despise her and wish she'd fall off the face of the earth.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Matt
Apr 2 2013, 12:59 PM
today's show was directed by Herb Stein from a script written by Jeanne Marie Ford.
I'm starting to think Ford is as hit and miss a writer as Janet Iacubuzio.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Matt
Apr 2 2013, 12:21 PM
OliveAnn
Apr 2 2013, 12:16 PM
Matt
Apr 2 2013, 12:12 PM
So... is Abby going for her PHD? Bitch has been in college for eons!
Wasn't she said to be 20 when she returned? So, that should make her 22 now. How could she become a PhD candidate so quickly?
She was only 20 when she came back? But... I thought she turned 16 in 2004. If she came back in 2011, that would've made her at least 23 (meaning she has to roughly be somewhere in her mid 20s now). Granted, I think there was a period of time when she was a kid where she didn't age for about 5 years, too. And I believe she was originally older than Brady. lol

I can't keep up.
Abby's age was always a mess, but I'm sure she returned as a 20-year-old because KM herself referred to her as being of that age in interviews. People on this board were pretty angry over that because it meant that Abby hadn't aged at all in 4 years. And there was also the fact that the show didn't dare to mention anything that happened during Ashley Benson's Abby, otherwise people might remember that she'd already started college once. And let's not forget that it was now "Abigail" and not "Abby".

But, yeah, if we count those 4 off-screen years during which she apparently didn't celebrate a single birthday... then she really has been a college student for years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

Sure didn't Sami long to rat out John to Brady, did it?

Something not's playing out right about this baby storyline. Blake Berris is phenomenal ... the other characters involved are hit and miss - but something is just not right. I can't put my finger on it exactly. Maybe the messages I'm getting as to why I, the viewer, should be rooting for Will and only Will are not coming out clearly - they're muddled and confusing and frustrating. Will going to Stefano for help is just all kinds of wrong for me - since when has the ends justified the means for the good guys? One of the soap opera staples is good triumphs over evil - but when good has to get a getter evil to triumph, is that really something the viewers want to root for? I'm sure this probably doesn't make any sense - like I said - something is just not right and I can't put my finger on what it is. Oh well, I'll still enjoy Blake's performances for as long as he's around and be happy with that.

Brady - Truly, I've run out of words ... sigh.

Chloe - Just go already because if I have to sit through 2 more episodes of Jen telling Dan he's not Jack I just might do bodily harm to myself!

Really enjoyed he brief Marlena / John moment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

You know when these Fetch scenes would've been good? Six freakin' months ago!!! If Jen would've actually struggled with moving on from Jack for quite awhile and spent a good length of time pushing Daniel away, then I may not hate them so much. But Jen pretending to care about her connection with Jack now as a plot point in the Fetch saga is just gross. Please writers, you're in such a hole with this story, just please stop digging.

LOL at Sami running out of the Pub as fast as she could when Marlena and Brady showed up. Brady needed to move more quickly. Hopefully DiMansion will give us more Sami and Brady scenes. The fact that they're both dating people that have tried to kill one of their parents and people that each other hates should at least provide some good conversation fodder.

I love Kate taunting Chloe. It's silly that they've been ignoring this angle, especially since Parker is no longer Kate's grandson. You'd think there would've been discussion of it before now, but whatever. More than anything though, I'm just wondering why does Anne care so much about Chloe. Maybe she has a crush on her? That would at least explain the blind devotion.

It's nice to see Nick a little stressed finally. He's been so in control that I'm enjoying the shoe being on the other foot. It was also good to see Kate get a clue and be suspicious of Nick. Sami, EJ, Lucas and Will have all made a run at trying to deal with the situation to no avail, so I'm glad they're at least having Kate take a stab at it.

Really hoping Sy adds some drama to Bristen. The story sorely needs it.

Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

Danifer, just No, NO!

Liked the Sami/Brady scenes :lol: time for some fun interactions at the manse.

Kristen where is Marco when you need him?

and ooh, we got another EJAMI promo, can't get enough of the scruff, I wonder if we will get a new one everyday :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

PatNS
Apr 2 2013, 02:22 PM
Sure didn't Sami long to rat out John to Brady, did it?

Something not's playing out right about this baby storyline. Blake Berris is phenomenal ... the other characters involved are hit and miss - but something is just not right. I can't put my finger on it exactly. Maybe the messages I'm getting as to why I, the viewer, should be rooting for Will and only Will are not coming out clearly - they're muddled and confusing and frustrating. Will going to Stefano for help is just all kinds of wrong for me - since when has the ends justified the means for the good guys? One of the soap opera staples is good triumphs over evil - but when good has to get a getter evil to triumph, is that really something the viewers want to root for? I'm sure this probably doesn't make any sense - like I said - something is just not right and I can't put my finger on what it is. Oh well, I'll still enjoy Blake's performances for as long as he's around and be happy with that.

Brady - Truly, I've run out of words ... sigh.

Chloe - Just go already because if I have to sit through 2 more episodes of Jen telling Dan he's not Jack I just might do bodily harm to myself!

Really enjoyed he brief Marlena / John moment.
Evil versus greater evil is interesting at first but has no real root value. At some point good has to be represented. And being the weaker or stronger evil does not equal good. What the baby story is missing is good. At some point and for atruly good cause Will has to rise to the good for this story to have any true pop.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 2 2013, 12:06 PM
I actually like John asking Sami for help. That's a nice twist, IMO.
I liked what they were saying I just hated the way as was playing it. It made me want to either slap her for being an obnoxious self absorbed brat or put a monatorium on her where she is only allowed to have scenes with James Scott so she doesn't ruin the rest of the show. At least she seems to put a little bit of effort into scenes with him.

Seriously I can see why they need to keep Bryan datillo around. He's the only one who actually manages to bring out that part of Sami that I used to care about.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Apr 2 2013, 12:17 PM
Seriously, why do they keep dressing Brady like this? What happened to all his snappy business and business-casual attire?
At the dry cleaners. A little too many ink accidents during desk time romps.

Please note the above is speculation / fan fiction not what actually happened on the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 2 2013, 12:32 PM
Panda Panda
Apr 2 2013, 12:24 PM
"I don't give a damn if it's the President's birth certificate" LOL
Kristen's a Repulican? Makes sense. I think EJ and Stefano are, too. They were bemoaning the "liberal media" during the mayor storyline.
Except they also believe in keeping Salem "green".

Although maybe they were referring to cash circulating rather than the energy conservation principles.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Apr 2 2013, 12:32 PM
Panda Panda
Apr 2 2013, 12:24 PM
"I don't give a damn if it's the President's birth certificate" LOL
Kristen's a Repulican? Makes sense. I think EJ and Stefano are, too. They were bemoaning the "liberal media" during the mayor storyline.
Except they also believe in keeping Salem "green".

Although maybe they were referring to cash circulating rather than the energy conservation principles.

Just realised this conversation could be as much fun as are the kiriakises catholic was.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 12:44 PM
It's no secret that I don't like Jack, so when even I'm disgusted by what the writers are doing to his memory, you know they've gone too far. To have Jennifer be lying when she says all these things that actually make sense for once is a ridiculous choice for a story arc. Who thought this was a good idea?
See I'm finding it vaguely amusing as I just remember all those endless beatings of jack for his relationship with the truth.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 12:56 PM
I cannot wait until Kate meets Vargas.
Weren't you trying Vargas and hope the other day? May have been someone else....

I read that badly I thought you meant Abby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Having Lady Voldemort (Kate) involved in putting the pressure on Nick to allow Will access to his child makes soooooooooooooooo much more sense than Stefano getting involved. She is, after all, the baby's great-grandmother.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on Fetch. They are what they are.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 03:39 PM
six
Weren't you trying Vargas and hope the other day? May have been someone else....

I support Vargas getting chem tested with multiple people, but Hope isn't one of them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Well I enjoyed the few scraps of WilSon we got today. Still think they are adorable, just wish there was more time devoted to them and that they were more involved in this baby story...since it IS Will's baby. I wish they'd ease up on all the Dannifer crap and focus more on the baby stuff.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rae

AFaithL
Apr 2 2013, 01:42 PM
Great John and Marlena scene at the end, when she said she wasn't giving up on them, and John smiled at her. They still have IT.
Really hope this means something. I'm not giving up on them either. Just wish their scenes would be longer. Blink and you miss them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Apr 2 2013, 01:45 PM
Matt
Apr 2 2013, 12:05 PM
What Jennifer is saying to Daniel is what should REALLY be the TRUTH. This SHOULD be how she feels. Unfortunately, since we know she's lying to protect Daniel from Chloe, we know all of her feelings about Jack are a lie and I hate her for it.
The irony is that Jack is actually intact as a character, in spite of everything. His memory hasn't been tainted at all--viewers know that he fought his way back from torture and imprisonment to reunite with his family, that he overcame PTSD, that he gave his life to save Abigail, that he went out a hero. Jennifer's the one who's been diminished, using his love for her and their whole history as a couple as an excuse to protect weak, shallow, man-child Daniel. She looks fickle, faithless, disrespectful, and hypocritical. Third-run Jennifer is too paltry even to hate: I merely despise her and wish she'd fall off the face of the earth.
Well I'm thankful that Tomlin at least had enough decency in him to not destroy Jack as a character. However, killing him off for Daniel's sorry ass and then destroying JnJ's lovestory for Dannifer still makes Tomlin a jackass to me. Everything Jennifer said today should have been spoken as the truth not as some BS story to kick Daniel out of her life to save him from Chloe. And the line about her being grateful for Daniel "stepping aside" is flat out laughable not to mention total BS. 1) He didn't step aside initially 2) and when he did, he did so by dumping you on our sorry ass, repeatedly. At this point Jennifer can take a long walk off a short pier. :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 04:11 PM
concerned
Apr 2 2013, 03:39 PM
six

I support Vargas getting chem tested with multiple people, but Hope isn't one of them.
I don't think I support the theory of chem testing.

I think good actors can have chemistry with whoever the script requires them to have chemistry with.

Case inpoint Kristian Alfonso, Lauren Koslow, Ari Zucker, and it looks like Sean Douglas has that ability too.

Lauren Koslow manages to have chemistry with almost every one she has to interact with - even those scenes with Quinn were believable.

Then they just need a decent script to support it and the will power to keep putting the effort into their craft.

I don't think the storyline should be amended because a pair of actors have "chemistry" ie Chad and Melanie. if its not going to ring true within the wider context of the story.

Theres no such thing as the actors don't have chemistry - they are just not good actors or for some reason they are good actors who are not putting the effort required in.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic