Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, April 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 2 2013, 08:43 AM (5,860 Views)
Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Apr 2 2013, 05:11 PM
Romancer66
Apr 2 2013, 01:45 PM
Matt
Apr 2 2013, 12:05 PM
What Jennifer is saying to Daniel is what should REALLY be the TRUTH. This SHOULD be how she feels. Unfortunately, since we know she's lying to protect Daniel from Chloe, we know all of her feelings about Jack are a lie and I hate her for it.
The irony is that Jack is actually intact as a character, in spite of everything. His memory hasn't been tainted at all--viewers know that he fought his way back from torture and imprisonment to reunite with his family, that he overcame PTSD, that he gave his life to save Abigail, that he went out a hero. Jennifer's the one who's been diminished, using his love for her and their whole history as a couple as an excuse to protect weak, shallow, man-child Daniel. She looks fickle, faithless, disrespectful, and hypocritical. Third-run Jennifer is too paltry even to hate: I merely despise her and wish she'd fall off the face of the earth.
Well I'm thankful that Tomlin at least had enough decency in him to not destroy Jack as a character. However, killing him off for Daniel's sorry ass and then destroying JnJ's lovestory for Dannifer still makes Tomlin a jackass to me. Everything Jennifer said today should have been spoken as the truth not as some BS story to kick Daniel out of her life to save him from Chloe. And the line about her being grateful for Daniel "stepping aside" is flat out laughable not to mention total BS. 1) He didn't step aside initially 2) and when he did, he did so by dumping you on our sorry ass, repeatedly. At this point Jennifer can take a long walk off a short pier. :flipoff:
Tomlin's a jackass, no question. The relentless pushing of the epically unpopular Fetch reeks of ego, and I hope it blows up in his face. Everyone is this storyline is unsympathetic, and coming across like a bunch of airheaded, hormonal 14-year-olds. It's not in the least attractive or appealing to watch, and Jen-Jen, who's clearly in the grip of her second childhood, is by far the most embarrassing of the three. At the rate she's regressing, she'll be in diapers before the end of the month. After all, we know from spoilers that she's running to Mommy for comfort next week. How infantile can you get? :rolleyes:
Edited by Romancer66, Apr 2 2013, 05:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 05:26 PM
six
Apr 2 2013, 04:11 PM
concerned
Apr 2 2013, 03:39 PM
six
Apr 2 2013, 12:56 PM
I cannot wait until Kate meets Vargas.
Weren't you trying Vargas and hope the other day? May have been someone else....

I read that badly I thought you meant Abby.
I support Vargas getting chem tested with multiple people, but Hope isn't one of them.
I don't think I support the theory of chem testing.

I think good actors can have chemistry with whoever the script requires them to have chemistry with.

Case inpoint Kristian Alfonso, Lauren Koslow, Ari Zucker, and it looks like Sean Douglas has that ability too.

Lauren Koslow manages to have chemistry with almost every one she has to interact with - even those scenes with Quinn were believable.

Then they just need a decent script to support it and the will power to keep putting the effort into their craft.

I don't think the storyline should be amended because a pair of actors have "chemistry" ie Chad and Melanie. if its not going to ring true within the wider context of the story.

Theres no such thing as the actors don't have chemistry - they are just not good actors or for some reason they are good actors who are not putting the effort required in.
We'll have to agree to disagree on all of that, except that LK generates chemistry with just about everyone. There are good actors who just can't do that, and I don't think any show should rely so heavily on their original plan that they don't allow for flexibility when something unexpected happens, such as actors having a spark or the audience getting won over by what was meant to be a short term character.
Edited by six, Apr 2 2013, 05:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 05:38 PM
concerned
six
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I support Vargas getting chem tested with multiple people, but Hope isn't one of them.

I think good actors can have chemistry with whoever the script requires them to have chemistry with.

Case inpoint Kristian Alfonso, Lauren Koslow, Ari Zucker, and it looks like Sean Douglas has that ability too.

Lauren Koslow manages to have chemistry with almost every one she has to interact with - even those scenes with Quinn were believable.

Then they just need a decent script to support it and the will power to keep putting the effort into their craft.

I don't think the storyline should be amended because a pair of actors have "chemistry" ie Chad and Melanie. if its not going to ring true within the wider context of the story.

Theres no such thing as the actors don't have chemistry - they are just not good actors or for some reason they are good actors who are not putting the effort required in.
We'll have to agree to disagree on all of that, except that LK generates chemistry with just about everyone. There are good actors who just can't do that, and I don't think any show should rely so heavily on their original plan that they don't allow for flexibility when something unexpected happens, such as actors having a spark or the audience getting won over by what was meant to be a short term character.
Sorry but if they have written Vargas as someone who has raped Nick in prison Vargas and Hope can have magical off the charts chemistry that eclipses the five powered burning suns of John and Marlena's and they still should not be together.

Hope should not be romantically involved with someone who raped her cousin.

(sorry Elopers)
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

For example,Vargas obviously did something bad to Nick and it's too late to undo it, but that's no reason to write him out, if that was the planned story arc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 05:44 PM
six
concerned
six

Sorry but if they have written Vargas as someone who has raped Nick in prison Vargas and Hope can have magical off the charts chemistry that eclipses the five powered burning suns of John and Marlena's and they still should not be together.

(sorry Elopers)
I think our simulpost shows that I don't agree with that sentiment.lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
six
concerned
six

(sorry Elopers)
That's okay. Hope hasn't raped any of EJ's cousins.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 05:46 PM
For example,Vargas obviously did something bad to Nick and it's too late to undo it, but that's no reason to write him out, if that was the planned story arc.
It depends what the something bad was. I think there are bad things Vargas could have done to Nick which are redeemable, rape just isn't one of them particularly under those circumstances.

If he's just assaulted Nick in prison for ratting him out and giving him an extra three years prison time that probably is redeemable.
Hell Rafe assaults someone about three times a year and he's still here.

Although if Days has taught me anything its to believe in the power of "Change" so maybe you can go from being in prison rapist to the next Bo Brady.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Isn't Bo the one who put out Patch's eye in a knife fight? And they eventually became best buds again and even family when Patch married Bo's sister.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 2 2013, 05:49 PM
concerned
six
concerned

(sorry Elopers)
That's okay. Hope hasn't raped any of EJ's cousins.
Didn't she try to have sex with John when she was Princess Gina?

And I'm pretty sure she bumped Brady on the head as Nightime Hope - but I guess she didn't brand or rape him. I'm foggy on who got branded and who didn't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hope attempted to burn her beloved husband alive. Didn't stop a reconciliation.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 2 2013, 05:58 PM
Hope attempted to burn her beloved husband alive. Didn't stop a reconciliation.
It was the pills.

What a pity Nicole can't use the folic acid as the get out clause for all her misdeeds.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 05:55 PM
six
It depends what the something bad was. I think there are bad things Vargas could have done to Nick which are redeemable, rape just isn't one of them particularly under those circumstances.

If he's just assaulted Nick in prison for ratting him out and giving him an extra three years prison time that probably is redeemable.

Although if Days has taught me anything its to believe in the power of "Change" so maybe you can go from being in prison rapist to the next Bo Brady.
I'm just one of those people who don't care about fictional crimes that happened a long time ago, for the most part and who has no desire to see characters hold long term grudges, unless they take the form of soapy rivalries.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 06:02 PM
concerned
six

I'm just one of those people who don't care about fictional crimes that happened a long time ago, for the most part and who has no desire to see characters hold long term grudges, unless they take the form of soapy rivalries.
Cool so John rehoooking up with Kristen shouldn't be a problem for you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

concerned
six
concerned
six
Apr 2 2013, 12:56 PM
I cannot wait until Kate meets Vargas.
Weren't you trying Vargas and hope the other day? May have been someone else....

I read that badly I thought you meant Abby.

I disagree!
Chemistry is very important especially when it comes to romance. Chemistry, good writing and good acting. Nicole has chemistry with everybody on screen but, when it comes to romance she had the best with EJ. Not saying I want them together now. EJ is not worthy of her, but so far. he is who Nicole has the best chemistry with. Second is Brady. and third is Daniel. I am talking as a romantic pairing. What has been missing from either of these from being a successful romance was good writing. Brady and Nicole had good moments, and EJ and Nicole had some great moments and sometimes good writing, and even when the writing was crap I still manage to enjoy them because of that amazing chemistry they share.

I loved Jason and Sam on GH. Hated Jason and Liz and it is the amazing chemistry that Jason and Sam had which contributed to why I love them so. The woman that plays Liz is a good actor but whenever they tried to put her with Jason, I was bored in everyone of their scenes. Jason comes across so different when he is with Sam. Everything is more intense, more believable plus they had good writing. I actually loved their story of how they got together and how the love between them developed, and it was not one of those instant love story that they like to do these days. I get the same when EJ and Nicole perform together. Everything is more intense more believable and I will forever think that it is a shame that the writers destroyed them.

Daniel and Jennifer has no romantic chemistry and I don't think even better writing will help them to become more interesting. I enjoy there scenes more when they are not in a romantic capacity. EJ and Sami I find equally as boring.

I am aware that all the pairings that I think have no chemistry also have their fans who think otherwise. I think Daniel and Chloe has loads of chemistry and that's part of the reason why I loved them in the begginning. Daniel and Jennifer also have their fans, but while I loved Danloe, I have no interest in Dannifer and I would feel exactly the same way if they were given the same story that Danloe had in the begginning. Chemistry is important. You also have friendship chemistry. It that natural rapour that two people have when they come together. I think Nicole and Victor has chemistry. Love them acting together but, I certainly would not want them to be in a romance together.
Edited by Dee-anne, Apr 2 2013, 06:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 06:11 PM
six
concerned
six

Wait, why are we talking about them? Do you have me confused with a jarlena, or is this a random example you chose? Anyway, nope, that wouldn't be a problem, if John weren't currently being so annoying . I'd prefer they un Dimera him, first, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

concerned
six

Now would Vargas be unreedable because he raped a another man and not a woman? Because how many male characters on this show have raped a woman and were allowed to be redeemed and stay on the show and eventually put into a romantic pairing? And if that's the case, then what's wrong with this picture?
Edited by camera shy, Apr 2 2013, 06:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Apr 2 2013, 06:13 PM
concerned
six
concerned

I disagree!
Chemistry is very important especially when it comes to romance. Chemistry, good writing and good acting. Nicole has chemistry with everybody on screen but, when it comes to romance she had the best with EJ. Not saying I want them together now. EJ is not worthy of her, but so far. he is who Nicole has the best chemistry with. Second is Brady. and third is Daniel. I am talking as a romantic pairing. What has been missing from either of these from being a successful romance was good writing. Brady and Nicole had good moments, and EJ and Nicole had some great moments and sometimes good writing, and even when the writing was crap I still manage to enjoy them because of that amazing chemistry they share.

I loved Jason and Sam on GH. Hated Jason and Liz and it is the amazing chemistry that Jason and Sam had which contributed to why I love them so. The woman that plays Liz is a good actor but whenever they tried to put her with Jason, I was bored in everyone of their scenes. Jason comes across so different when he is with Sam. Everything is more intense, more believable plus they had good writing. I actually loved their story of how they got together and how the love between them developed, and it was not one of those instant love story that they like to do these days. I get the same when EJ and Nicole perform together. Everything is more intense more believable and I will forever think that it is a shame that the writers destroyed them.

Daniel and Jennifer has no romantic chemistry and I don't think even better writing will help them to become more interesting. I enjoy there scenes more when they are not in a romantic capacity. EJ and Sami I find equally as boring.

I am aware that all the pairings that I think have no chemistry also have their fans who think otherwise. I think Daniel and Chloe has loads of chemistry and that's part of the reason why I loved them in the begginning. Daniel and Jennifer also have their fans, but while I loved Danloe, I have no interest in Dannifer and I would feel exactly the same way if they were given the same story that Danloe had in the begginning. Chemistry is important. You also have friendship chemistry. It that natural rapour that two people have when they come together. I think Nicole and Victor has chemistry. Love them acting together but, I certainly would not them to be in a romance.
And I think Daniel is just not a great actor and he struggles to have put anything up on screen that is enjoyable with anyone. (could be biased I was more team Phloe than Danloe)

I also think AS is not that great an actress or that she is not putting the effort into it she once was. She puts the effort into the big scenes and they can sometimes be very convincing, etc but the day to day things she slacks off on and it shows.

Good Writing and Good Acting are all that matters - chemistry is a redundant construct.
Some of the good actors can even rise above mediocre writing.

Bad actors can destroy the best writing.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

There's actually redeeming a character and then there's ignoring history and acting like it never happened immediately after it happened. I can see kinda sideways dodging a historical storyline point from years and years ago, but ignoring something that happened (or was a big storyline point) recently is inexcusable, imo.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Okay. I am behind today and some people are really on fire with their rule breaking. So let this serve as warning to them and as a reminder to others to use the report button, because it's not hard to get behind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 06:16 PM
concerned
Apr 2 2013, 06:11 PM
six
concerned

Wait, why are we talking about them? Do you have me confused with a jarlena, or is this a random example you chose? Anyway, nope, that wouldn't be a problem, if John weren't currently being so annoying . I'd prefer they un Dimera him, first, though.
Brought that up as a response to being "one of those people who don't care about fictional crimes that happened a long time ago".

A lot of people out there even non Jarlena's would think John should possibly not get involved with someone who kidnapped / attempted to kill his wife. I thought your point was that we should all move on from fictional crimes that happened a long time ago so just wondered if you had the same approach in this context.

Kudos for consistancy. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic