Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, April 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 2 2013, 08:43 AM (6,030 Views)
six
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 06:34 PM
six
Apr 2 2013, 06:16 PM
concerned
Apr 2 2013, 06:11 PM
six
Apr 2 2013, 06:02 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Cool so John rehoooking up with Kristen shouldn't be a problem for you.
Wait, why are we talking about them? Do you have me confused with a jarlena, or is this a random example you chose? Anyway, nope, that wouldn't be a problem, if John weren't currently being so annoying . I'd prefer they un Dimera him, first, though.
Brought that up as a response to being "one of those people who don't care about fictional crimes that happened a long time ago".

A lot of people out there even non Jarlena's would think John should possibly not get involved with someone who kidnapped / attempted to kill his wife. I thought your point was that we should all move on from fictional crimes that happened a long time ago so just wondered if you had the same approach in this context.

Kudos for consistancy. :)
That's not exactly my point; I don't really care whether or not the rest of you move on ( ;) ), just as long as you accept that I have.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Apr 2 2013, 06:26 PM
concerned
Apr 2 2013, 05:55 PM
six
Apr 2 2013, 05:46 PM
For example,Vargas obviously did something bad to Nick and it's too late to undo it, but that's no reason to write him out, if that was the planned story arc.
It depends what the something bad was. I think there are bad things Vargas could have done to Nick which are redeemable, rape just isn't one of them particularly under those circumstances.

If he's just assaulted Nick in prison for ratting him out and giving him an extra three years prison time that probably is redeemable.
Hell Rafe assaults someone about three times a year and he's still here.

Although if Days has taught me anything its to believe in the power of "Change" so maybe you can go from being in prison rapist to the next Bo Brady.
Now would Vargas be unreedable because he raped a another man and not a woman? Because how many male characters on this show have raped a woman and were allowed to be redeemed and stay on the show and eventually put into a romantic pairing? And if that's the case, then what's wrong with this picture?
I find this concept really intriguing because I think this is a really good point.

I think my issues may be biased against the bi sexual nature of it and yet I don't have a problem with EJill.

I'm not against rapists being redeemed because I love Jack as a character and I don't hold his rape against him even though Kayla is one of my favourites.
I also have no problem with our favourite rapist EJ still being on the show.

It might be more to do with my concepts of the kind of man Hope should be with.
Online Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

six
concerned
six
concerned
Apr 2 2013, 05:55 PM

I'm just one of those people who don't care about fictional crimes that happened a long time ago, for the most part and who has no desire to see characters hold long term grudges, unless they take the form of soapy rivalries.
Wait, why are we talking about them? Do you have me confused with a jarlena, or is this a random example you chose? Anyway, nope, that wouldn't be a problem, if John weren't currently being so annoying . I'd prefer they un Dimera him, first, though.
Crime, rapes being mentioned, I'm guessing. Kristen raped John, did awful things to him and to Marlena, almost killed their daughter - now she's going to destroy their son to destroy them... it was a response to the "I don't care if it happened long ago".
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

camera shy
Apr 2 2013, 06:26 PM
Now would Vargas be unreedable because he raped a another man and not a woman? Because how many male characters on this show have raped a woman and were allowed to be redeemed and stay on the show and eventually put into a romantic pairing? And if that's the case, then what's wrong with this picture?
It depends on what you call redemption, really. EJ's rape of Sami has just been ignored it seems. Kellam certainly was not redeemed for raping Marlena, nor was Ian for his attacks of several women in Salem. Alan was not redeemed for raping Sami.

Jack is a special case, because while he went on to be in a successful pairing, it was a) not with his victim, b) it has remained a part of his character to this day, c) JACK took responsibility. Nobody hates what Jack did more than Jack. It wasn't glossed over, forgotten, ignored or re-written. It was dealt with, and it became a part of Jack's dark side. Jack and Kayla still had scenes, but they were not scenes where they were all lovey-gazed and flirtacious. They were filled with loathing and angst and complexity.

Sami raping Austin and Kristen raping John weren't even dealt with. It wasn't even called rape, even though it was. Men can rape men, and if it was rape, then it should be deal with as such. DAYS used to do well with social issues. They don't anymore.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Apr 2 2013, 06:51 PM
six
concerned
six

Crime, rapes being mentioned, I'm guessing. Kristen raped John, did awful things to him and to Marlena, almost killed their daughter - now she's going to destroy their son to destroy them... it was a response to the "I don't care if it happened long ago".
Since when did Kristen rape John? I missed that episode. Anyway, I know about the rest of the things Kristen did. It still seemed like an odd question though, because I got the impression that concerned was expecting me to have an issue with jisten for some deeper reason besides "most people do," which I'm not even sure is true. There's more than one fan supported pairing out there where the characters have a history of hurting each other.

Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I enjoyed some of the character combinations today as there were several scenes with characters who do not interact much or not nearly enough. This show should do things like that more often.

Anne's never ending hatred of Jennifer still warms my heart. I like it when soap characters carry longstanding, if not irrational, grudges against other characters. It makes them more realistic and far more entertaining.

Sonny remains too good for Will for a whole host of reasons. Bless his heart for tolerating all of the crap his relationship with Will has inflicted upon him. Sonny is still the best possible parental figure for Arianna Grace so for her sake, he better stick around Salem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The show is having awkward commercial cuts again today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

six
Apr 2 2013, 06:58 PM
Since when did Kristen rape John? I missed that episode. Anyway, I know about the rest of the things Kristen did. It still seemed like an odd question though, because I got the impression that concerned was expecting me to have an issue with jisten for some deeper reason besides "most people do," which I'm not even sure is true. There's more than one fan supported pairing out there where the characters have a history of hurting each other.

Paris. Magic mirror? Sex without consent is by definition rape.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
The Room Stops
six
concerned

I just wanted to check if the "we should let past fictional crimes rest in peace and not impact on our current interpretation of the storylines" approach continued across the board.

Kristen and John just happened to be the first example that came to mind of a possible couple who had done things to each other that may prohibit them ( in some peoples minds) happily getting together. It wasn't a couple specific thing.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 2 2013, 07:14 PM
six
The Room Stops
six

I just wanted to check if the "we should let past fictional crimes rest in peace and not impact on our current interpretation of the storylines" approach continued across the board.

Kristen and John just happened to be the first example that came to mind of a possible couple who had done things to each other that may prohibit them ( in some peoples minds) happily getting together. It wasn't a couple specific thing.
No, but it was intended to call someone out on hypocrisy and didn't go so well for you. Please stop trying to call out everyone else and just discuss. You can "check" on these things in a more respectful way that's a little more conducive to discussion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, I did have the Ready for Love commercial today. LMAO. AS is so freakin' fake.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Apr 2 2013, 07:07 PM
six

Paris. Magic mirror? Sex without consent is by definition rape.
I wanted to know when this took place, not what rape was, but thanks, since you did actually answer my question, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't really have much to say either way about today, but when Will said "I don't care" to Abby, I laughed right out loud. I really wanted to like the John/Sami scenes because if I were to tell you my two most recent favorite/memorable in a good way Sami scenes, they'd both be John/Sami. But I didn't. They didn't make any sense, and IDK if it was the writing or Sweeney that made Sami's whole interaction just....weird, but it didn't work. I did like the moment with the four of them, and I laughed at the irony of Marlena not wanting Sami to leave, lol. The last Brady/Sami scene didn't make a lick of sense either. Anne randomly popping up to defend Chloe to people she doesn't know is just annoying.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Will's crazy little laugh and half smile when he told Abby, "I don't care" was the best part of the entire episode. It was just so unintentionally funny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

for the second day in a row Days didn't get taped on my dvr (taped, is that right? dvr'd? chip'd?, well whatever). i'm at the point though that i wasn't particularly upset. Days isn't terrible now, the script writing is the best it's been in a nearly decade, imho, and the connections and character interactions make sense now (mostly), but the overarching storylines need some work. Okay, a lot of work. Just letting Fetch fade into the background, never to be seen again would be a great start. They can go try to find Don at the mailbox.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Apr 2 2013, 09:28 PM
for the second day in a row Days didn't get taped on my dvr (taped, is that right? dvr'd? chip'd?, well whatever). i'm at the point though that i wasn't particularly upset. Days isn't terrible now, the script writing is the best it's been in a nearly decade, imho, and the connections and character interactions make sense now (mostly), but the overarching storylines need some work. Okay, a lot of work. Just letting Fetch fade into the background, never to be seen again would be a great start. They can go try to find Don at the mailbox.
I wonder if your DVR missing the show has any connection to the messed up commercial breaks. Seriously.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 2 2013, 12:21 PM
These Jennifer /Daniel scenes are so awfully acted. Overwrought melodrama at it's worst with the heavy breathing and breaking voices. The director must be asleep at the switch. Uggh.
Sappy sappy SAPPY!!! :x
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

I'm not sure where to put this but I just saw AS & JS in a little bit with Jay Leno
on his show tonight

Never mind
Edited by trojangal, Apr 2 2013, 11:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

JarlenaLante
Apr 2 2013, 03:59 PM
Having Lady Voldemort (Kate) involved in putting the pressure on Nick to allow Will access to his child makes soooooooooooooooo much more sense than Stefano getting involved. She is, after all, the baby's great-grandmother.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on Fetch. They are what they are.
Yes I agree. I do not want Stefano to get involved.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

supercool74
Apr 2 2013, 04:13 PM
Well I enjoyed the few scraps of WilSon we got today. Still think they are adorable, just wish there was more time devoted to them and that they were more involved in this baby story...since it IS Will's baby. I wish they'd ease up on all the Dannifer crap and focus more on the baby stuff.
I completely agree with you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic