Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, April 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 4 2013, 08:44 AM (11,032 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ah. Real Roman & Marlena. Oh, how I loved them so.
Online Profile Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
SnB Fan

That's the real Roman? Hottie, damn JT sure is a downgrade....
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

What's up with the cape? Was she trying out for a part in Harry Potter or something?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Real Roman and Marlena....what a travesty it is that we have fauxman......I'm so glad that real roman was in place for the affair storyline....
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

The REAL Marman! :wub: Despite whatever the hell that is she is wearing they were my very first couple that I would have shipped - if I'd known such a thing existed.

Wayne Northrup owned the role. Turning Drake's character into John when Wayne came back to the show set up the best damned triangle I've ever seen - it took me years to decide who I was rooting for, and until they wrecked things with that silly Alex North story I think I'd still be undecided to this day.

Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 4 2013, 09:26 AM
The REAL Marman! :wub: Despite whatever the hell that is she is wearing they were my very first couple that I would have shipped - if I'd known such a thing existed.

Wayne Northrup owned the role. Turning Drake's character into John when Wayne came back to the show set up the best damned triangle I've ever seen - it took me years to decide who I was rooting for, and until they wrecked things with that silly Alex North story I think I'd still be undecided to this day.

I still think the Alex North story is the biggest slap in the face to a fanbase I've ever seen. Though TomSell is giving them a run for their money with J&J.
Online Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
Apr 4 2013, 09:26 AM

I pretty much would have been happy either way with that triangle. If she stayed with John I was happy, if she cheated on John and ran back to Roman I would have been happy. That is when you know the triangle was successful...because either way would have been fine IMHO.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

A great caption to this picture would be "Oh, how the mighty have fallen." It's staggering how the character of Roman Brady went downhill after Josh Taylor was cast in the role---and the Alex North debacle was a real slap in the face to realRoman/Marlena fans. On a side note, isn't Wayne married to Lynn Herring (Lucy on GH)?
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Apr 4 2013, 09:40 AM
A great caption to this picture would be "Oh, how the mighty have fallen." It's staggering how the character of Roman Brady went downhill after Josh Taylor was cast in the role---and the Alex North debacle was a real slap in the face to realRoman/Marlena fans. On a side note, isn't Wayne married to Lynn Herring (Lucy on GH)?
Yes he is married to Lynn Herring and they live on a gorgeous ranch. Deidre posted pics of them all working on the ranch not too long ago when she visited them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Wayne Northrop! :wub: He'll always be the better Roman in my opinion.

I so wanted them to swap him for Josh Taylor as Roman when the Alex North story began. Boy was I wrong about where that story was headed, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I'll agree the Roman/Marlena/John affair saga was the epitome of all fully thought out, well designed and crafted, perfect storyline. I agree with whoever said they didn't know who they were rooting for. THAT'S how it's supposed to be done! I miss all those layers in stories today. I had a bad feeling when Wayne was coming back as a new character. God, that story was pure shit and it wasnt the actors faults. It just made no sense whatsoever. Funny enough, somewhere around 3 or so months into it, I remember an SOD article where Ken Corday was asked about his favorite storylines over the past few years. He mentioned a couple and then said (paraphrasing) the "Who Is Alex North" story is probably his favorite. I'm so glad he's shut up over the past year!
Edited by james0479, Apr 4 2013, 10:27 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

I think the thing I hated most about the Alex North debacle was the way they had Marlena have flashbacks in an effort to remember. The flashbacks were of Marlena and Roman but since it was WN as Roman, she claimed to remember Alex North.

I still hope that one day, KC will have atoned enough for that awful story and have WN return. The story can be of how Stefano kidnapped Chris Kosicheck all those years ago and brainwashed him into thinking he was Roman. Finally the real Roman returns. Hey the way John is treat Marlena now, she needs Roman, or Don.

This is a wash and repeat story line I could get into.
Edited by Marlene, Apr 4 2013, 11:04 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I hated Alex North because it made not a DAMN bit of sense. It was like DAYS did a parallel universe storyline of what actually happened in Marlena's backstory. She really did have an affair with one of her college professors (who was married, if I remember correct, but I might not be), but he wasn't Alex North. It's like Kate Roberts was kinda-sorta "supposed" to be Kate Winograd, but she really isn't. lol And Marlena had a marriage she didn't remember? Completely invalidating Don, Roman, and John? mmmmkay And I hate the old "we've been married for 300 years suddenly suddenly find out it wasn't legal & have to do it again... but do we really want to?" trope. I hated with Bob & Kim did it on ATWT. I hated with Tom & Alice did it on DAYS.
Online Profile Goto Top

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Oh man, I forgot about the Alex North storyline. I wish it had stayed forgotten; that bastard.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 4 2013, 10:54 AM
I hated Alex North because it made not a DAMN bit of sense. It was like DAYS did a parallel universe storyline of what actually happened in Marlena's backstory. She really did have an affair with one of her college professors (who was married, if I remember correct, but I might not be), but he wasn't Alex North. It's like Kate Roberts was kinda-sorta "supposed" to be Kate Winograd, but she really isn't. lol And Marlena had a marriage she didn't remember? Completely invalidating Don, Roman, and John? mmmmkay And I hate the old "we've been married for 300 years suddenly suddenly find out it wasn't legal & have to do it again... but do we really want to?" trope. I hated with Bob & Kim did it on ATWT. I hated with Tom & Alice did it on DAYS.
Also, how did no one else in Marlena's life not know about this marriage? She had parents and a sister and they never knew she got married and had a baby and got the crap beaten out of her and then had hysterical amnesia for a few decades? Meanwhile, they never mentioned that baby again. Age wise it was stupid too. She was in her 40s in those flashbacks they used.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
Apr 4 2013, 10:57 AM
Matt
Also, how did no one else in Marlena's life not know about this marriage? She had parents and a sister and they never knew she got married and had a baby and got the crap beaten out of her and then had hysterical amnesia for a few decades? Meanwhile, they never mentioned that baby again. Age wise it was stupid too. She was in her 40s in those flashbacks they used.
THIS!

And Marlena had a baby with Alex? Whoa... wait... Much like Marlena, I've clearly blocked ALL of this from my memory. I think I wasn't watching during the bulk of this (for whatever reason). Did they ever say what happened to the kid? I swear that I've never heard mention of this child ANYWHERE.
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The Alex North story was terrible. It did give Marlena the record (?) of having four + kids with four husbands, though. I don't think any other character has done that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 4 2013, 11:00 AM
lysie
Matt
THIS!

And Marlena had a baby with Alex? Whoa... wait... Much like Marlena, I've clearly blocked ALL of this from my memory. I think I wasn't watching during the bulk of this (for whatever reason). Did they ever say what happened to the kid? I swear that I've never heard mention of this child ANYWHERE.
IIRC, that lady who knew Alex and Marlena when they were married said the child died as an infant. Marlena made no effort to find out more about it. She didn't even know if it was a boy or girl.
Edited by six, Apr 4 2013, 11:06 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Apr 4 2013, 11:05 AM
Matt
Apr 4 2013, 11:00 AM
lysie
Matt
THIS!

IIRC, that lady who knew Alex and Marlena when they were married said the child died as an infant.
Oh I don't remember that at all.

They used a Belle/Roman/Marlena flashback to show the baby.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic