Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, April 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 4 2013, 08:44 AM (11,165 Views)
six
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 4 2013, 02:49 PM
six
Apr 4 2013, 02:43 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 4 2013, 02:35 PM
six
Apr 4 2013, 02:31 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'd rather take my chances with some blood related connection than no blood related connection at all....

Let's face it....I'd rather take my chances with a pussified Victor than a papa bear Stefano....Stefano just last year blackmailed Will....Victor's balls are firmly packed in Maggie's purse.....STILL
I'd say Will is about as connected to the Dimeras by blood as the Kiriakis family. Actually, I wouldn't go to either one of them for help, but if I just had to choose, I think I'd choose the guy who already knew, before I introduced more uncertainty by dragging someone else into it.

Will had a pretty long history with Victor and Victor is married to his aunt. Victor's a lot less likely to turn on him than Stefano. Plus if Victor knew what Nick said to Sonny, he'd do something anyway. The problem is that there's a random assumption (by EJ, Sami, and Will) that there are people on Nick's side and there really aren't. No one has a clue what this guy is doing.
I don't think the characters have assumed that Nick has a ton of support. Their hands are tied and they can't take the chance of telling any of the Hortons what Nick is doing. Who knows why Sonny won't tell Victor the truth.

I wouldn't say Will has a long history with Victor, either. He lived in his house as a kid, to Victor's annoyance, but that's about it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Matt
Apr 4 2013, 02:53 PM
Actually, I think it would be better story if Victor found out what Nick's thoughts on Sonny/Will were and helped them against Nick while keeping Maggie in the dark, eventually causing conflict for Victor/Maggie.
As much as I'd like to see some Magic conflict, I'm not exactly gung ho about seeing more Maggie. I've already had a gut full of her and her ruffles from her involvement in Dannifer. -_-
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Apr 4 2013, 02:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

Can I just say I love Lucas! His assessment of EJ and Sami and their so called relationship was ON THE MONEY! Oh, how right he is. Too bad he didn't follow through and refuse to allow Allie to live in that cesspool.

Mission accomplished for Jen ... LOL at everyone standing around watching the trainwreck happen.

Really liked Chad and Abigail today - they are far more suited than Abby and Cameron. Ideally there would be a new guy for Abby but if these two are her only choices I'm all for Team Chad.

What does Vargas expect Nick to do - it sounds like whatever it is that Nick isn't sure he can duplicate what he did in prison - a designer drug perhaps?
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Maggie is such a BITCH! Jesus, ever since they made Daniel her son her character has been nothing but hateful toward anybody who isn't Daniel, and I seriously have had enough. Trashing Jack's memory like this is the last straw for me.

I just wrote into SOD about all of the character destruction that takes place for the sake of Daniel. I'm seriously so sick of classic characters like Jennifer, Maggie, Chloe, and Nicole all written wildly out-of-character for someone who just isn't worth it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

Another thing about why going to Stefano is not a good idea is because of the feud that is going on between Kristine and Jarlena. Not mention that Sami knows he doesn't approve of her relationship with EJ and now Wilson know about Kafe relationship which they know Stefano is going to have issues with.

Is like going into the lion's den with blood all over you.

Is such a bad idea without hard justification for it. Other options needed to not be available for characters not to appear crazy and stupid.
Edited by Sevprince, Apr 4 2013, 03:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

Missy Reeves has the worst hair colorist. Her hair is so dull and chalky looking and does she request one tone grey blonde when she goes in? It's not even ash blonde. It is GREY blonde. It's bad enough that I have to watch her wooden acting during Fetchfest. Is it asking to much that her hair look decent while I throw tomatoes at the screen?

The strip club that Cameron works at looked like a conference room rented at a Holiday Inn for the annual Non-descript Female Background Extras of America meeting. On a scale of 0 to Magic Mike, Cam falls somewhere between Alex Pettyfer in his underoos and Matt Bomer as a Ken doll.

Daniel kissed Chloe. Meh. Who hasn't? Jennifer cried. Meh. Woulda been better if she died. On another redundant note, Ed Grimley, I mean Chad, squeezed in a comment about the holy hymen. We also got a heaping helping of Lucas screaming. I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't started carrying a megaphone with him.

Between Dannifer, Lucas, and the ladies at the strip club, there was far too much hollering on today's episode.

If you must yell, do it like EJ and Sami did. HAWT!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Even though I have a basically written this show off until this amazing run GH is on comes to an end, I like the sound of this episode just from reading comments. I haven't watched since last Tuesday and I've been reading this thread every day and haven't even gotten the urge to watch a single second of the show.

The Chad/Abigail and Lucas/Sami scenes sound enjoyable so I might have to find this on YouTube later so I can just skip the Dannifer/Chloe shit.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Apr 4 2013, 03:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Matt
Apr 4 2013, 02:53 PM
Actually, I think it would be better story if Victor found out what Nick's thoughts on Sonny/Will were and helped them against Nick while keeping Maggie in the dark, eventually causing conflict for Victor/Maggie.
THIS! and to add to that....let Stefano's plan fail and hurt Will and then have Victor's plan work and Sonny ends up with the kid.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I watched the show and frankly from the way people were criticizing Lucas' yelling I was prepared to receive an over abundance of it....but was surprised by how quickly he toned it down.

Let's be realistic here folks....Lucas' yelling is completely, COMPLETELY justified and it didn't overpower the scene at all....he started with a text from Sami with the DImansion address.....on his way home from being out of town with Allie. He gets there and is pissed, yells....seriously....how is he to react?....when Sami and him began the discussion, he calmed down and maybe he wouldn't have been so pissed if she had an ounce of respect for him and discussed her moving Allie to the Dimansion before it happened. When he finally heard the entire story and while she was talking about it he was calm...and I would say he was pretty calm after she stopped him from leaving.....

The scenes were good...and I still say that Lucas will ALWAYS be Sami's best option....he brings out the best in her.

However....I felt the Ejami fight was rather fake and forced...it came off way too 'acted' to me....as if they were trying to play it up before the make out session and it just didn't play well at all. They yelled more than Lucas did IMHO. I just feel they didn't even have a good reason to fight, the way Ej has been acting lately, he could have just said....'you make sure he doesn't say anything'....and that would have been the end of it...the playing up of it felt totally OTT for no real reason....especially when Ej has to realize that Sami has opened her mouth and screwed up plans just as many times as Lucas has. .

Dannifer...not worth speaking about any longer

Cameron/Abby....I don't know what it is but Cam has to stay half naked more often...I like him this way...yeah superficial me...but I"m not the only one liking this...I also like Chad/Abby's interaction too....if they continue to play this up and build the triangle here, I might like it.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Apr 4 2013, 04:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Maggie, if you only knew your precious eggbaby was kissing Chloe now like the man-whore he is after declaring his eternal love for Jennifer. Maggie's dialogue would have made a lot more sense if she was talking to Brady and the way he is treating John and Marlena over Kristen. There's WAY too many adults on this show acting like children or young teenagers.

I loved Chad and Abby today---Casey really nailed his scenes and I laughed out loud on his eying all the girls at the club. And Abby kept telling him to stop it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Well I enjoyed the Sami/Lucas scenes. I loved Lucas' reaction to the "horse and stables" line. Very funny. I'm not really an EJami fan so those scenes were just "eh" for me. When they started yelling at each other I already knew where it was going to end up...very predictable.

Dannifer just continues to suck. Not much more I can say about that. Although I do have to say everyone standing around staring was lame. I really don't see how the show thinks this couple is even one to root for. Jennifer just ended up looking like a total bitch. If I even liked them I would be so pissed at Jen for the way she was talking to him. And then they had Daniel turn right around and start making out with Chloe??? WTF? Am I supposed to still be rooting for those two (if I ever was)? :shrug: They both look horrible and it doesn't make sense that anyone would root for them.

But I do have to say that I liked Chad/Abby. I was not really in favor of a second run for this pairing because they both got interested in other people while they were dating. Why would they need to look elsewhere if they were so good together the first time? But I liked them today. I think I will just choose to pretend that the whole Melanie/Austin stuff never happened. I hope they continue to write them this way because I actually liked them both today, and I don't think I've liked either one that much since they've been on the show. Abigail actually reminded me of the Jennifer Rose I used to love.
Edited by supercool74, Apr 4 2013, 04:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 4 2013, 12:57 PM
oh, Maggie, SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'm beginning to wish you'd stayed dead after SSK whacked with the bottle
I've always wished that; never liked Maggie, just found her uber-boring. Melanie but especially Daniel now leave me hating her completely.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

The Chad, Abby and Magic Cam scenes were awesome - easily the best ones on today's show. The Vargas/Nicky and Sami/Lucas scenes were also lots of fun; but even they weren't as much fun as the C/A/MC scenes. This show needed some lighthearted fluff and those scenes brought it in spades.

Jennifer/Daniel/Chloe was the usual crap that is. I did like watching the hospital scenes, though, because of the various reactions of the characters witnessing the J/D argument. I keep holding out hope that Anne will somehow find her way into Lucas' orbit as he needs a woman and she needs more screen time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Sevprince
Apr 4 2013, 01:40 PM
Stefano is not the last resort though. The show has not done anything to prove that. Ever sense Nick blackmailed teamwill, they hadn't really done anything to fight back except an attempt at break in which Lumi was almost able to get the evidence. I can understand Will not thinking clearly. He went from defeated and depression to all guns blazing.

Before going to Stefano, they can try breaking in again or going to Roman, Hope, Victor. Is Roman really going to turn his grandson in for old crime. He can easily get rid of the evidence. Likewise Hope. Then, they can go to Justin to deal with the legal aspect. Sami is known for bad ideas, Will like I said is not thinking clearly but why are Lucas and Sonny agreeing. Why did Sonny stop pressuring Will to seek his father or hasn't mention his Uncle.

It's clear that the show wants Stefano involved probably for some future story line but they could at the very least have teamwill try these other options and come empty handed for one reason or the other that could be somewhat convincing.

EJ, I think your're hot but get over yourself. Lucas should definitely be aware of everything that is going on. Will is his son and his grandchild is involved. Lucas doesn't have anymore big mouth then your dear Samantha.
Hope is on Team Nick. She will not help Will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

kay
Apr 4 2013, 06:12 PM
Sevprince
Apr 4 2013, 01:40 PM
Stefano is not the last resort though. The show has not done anything to prove that. Ever sense Nick blackmailed teamwill, they hadn't really done anything to fight back except an attempt at break in which Lumi was almost able to get the evidence. I can understand Will not thinking clearly. He went from defeated and depression to all guns blazing.

Before going to Stefano, they can try breaking in again or going to Roman, Hope, Victor. Is Roman really going to turn his grandson in for old crime. He can easily get rid of the evidence. Likewise Hope. Then, they can go to Justin to deal with the legal aspect. Sami is known for bad ideas, Will like I said is not thinking clearly but why are Lucas and Sonny agreeing. Why did Sonny stop pressuring Will to seek his father or hasn't mention his Uncle.

It's clear that the show wants Stefano involved probably for some future story line but they could at the very least have teamwill try these other options and come empty handed for one reason or the other that could be somewhat convincing.

EJ, I think your're hot but get over yourself. Lucas should definitely be aware of everything that is going on. Will is his son and his grandchild is involved. Lucas doesn't have anymore big mouth then your dear Samantha.
Hope is on Team Nick. She will not help Will.
There is no Team Nick!
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

alright, my dvr has made it painfully clear that it doesn't want me watching Days anymore. Or, at least not this week. I suppose I'll reflect on that, and see if it wants me to watch next week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Apr 4 2013, 06:24 PM
alright, my dvr has made it painfully clear that it doesn't want me watching Days anymore. Or, at least not this week. I suppose I'll reflect on that, and see if it wants me to watch next week.
Next week is more Dannifer. Pray that your DVR explodes or runs away from home.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

blueskies
Apr 4 2013, 06:24 PM
Treat your DVR well. It's being a great friend to you. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The more Sami explains why she moved into the mansion, the less sense it makes. These Dannifer scenes are terrible, and I'm turning it off before Maggie opens her big mouth.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I hate Fetch with the fire of seven suns.

Jennifer is dead to me.

Ruffles McRed needs to take her egg baby & she who shant be named and go on a Carnival Cruise.

Having got the unpleasantries out of the way, I liked all the rest of the show.

Lucas & Sami's argument was good. Albeit I'm tired of Shouty McYellerson, I get why he was yelling. I like this dynamic the best for these two.

Chabby is quickly becoming a possible shipper couple for me. I'll give it to Days, I don't know when I've had multiple couples I'd ship....not since the early 90's I'm pretty sure.

Ejami's fight at the end epitomized what Ejami is to me. They can fight in one second & make out in the next. LOVED it.

I have to say that I also love that I've gotten to the point where I can call a Melissa Salmons script mid way thru the show. And, to know that Matt & Tom will have pretty much already said what I was thinking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic